Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
AFK Arena: Isabella apparently got reworked a bit a while back, but I'm curious if she suddenly becomes really good post 180? She looks like all she brings is really good damage IF left alone, which most of the time at this point isn't a luxury for any back liner. Asking since I suddenly got two shemiras right after another and I COULD use the Legend+ Isabella I got to take Shem from Mythic to Ascended, just want to be entirely sure she doesn't suddenly become monsterously good late game first, it's gonna take me ages to make blue get up to legendary+ for it otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

oh dope posted:

That Rogue Adventure game is pretty fun but I'm finding it quite easy, compared to Slay the Spire. I haven't unlocked everything yet though so I'll probably spend a bit more time with it.

Inferno is a bit more challenging. It boosts monster damage and removes free healing after boss fights.

Still it plays differently enough from StS and has a couple unique ideas like the tribal cards that I'm still playing it. I really like how much your class and card picks really shape your deck.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

The Lemondrop Dandy posted:

Any chance of getting a spot open on greater goon in AFK arena? Getting bored of my pubbie clan. Lemondrop_SA ingame

We have one spot open, I'll be monitoring the applications and will accept you once you join.

Also quick random question. If I start a Bounty Board and put in a hero, will those heroes still be able to be used in the temple of ascension?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ZoninSilver posted:

AFK Arena: Isabella apparently got reworked a bit a while back, but I'm curious if she suddenly becomes really good post 180? She looks like all she brings is really good damage IF left alone, which most of the time at this point isn't a luxury for any back liner. Asking since I suddenly got two shemiras right after another and I COULD use the Legend+ Isabella I got to take Shem from Mythic to Ascended, just want to be entirely sure she doesn't suddenly become monsterously good late game first, it's gonna take me ages to make blue get up to legendary+ for it otherwise.

It generally isn't ever worth burning non-fodder heroes even for the temporary speed boost to another upgrade. Never know when someone will be reworked, you will potentially need them in the dedicated towers, and Isabella is actually really good in adventures if you get her relic.

Stockwell
Mar 29, 2005
Ask me about personal watercraft.

fyallm posted:

We have one spot open, I'll be monitoring the applications and will accept you once you join.

Also quick random question. If I start a Bounty Board and put in a hero, will those heroes still be able to be used in the temple of ascension?

Yeah doesn't affect the temple, at least it never has for me.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind is now available on Steam

Sequel to King of dragon pass.

Still no Android version even though it's been on iOS most of this year.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

AlexJade posted:

I just 100% the konami picross so I am craving something new. Recently been thinking about a civilization building game that is single player. Maybe casual? Not really looking for huge combat focus.

Now 225% it

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PlausibleConcept.BadNorthFull

So this game is pretty rad. You're defending procedurally generated islands from invading forces using upgradable armies. It's got nice stylized graphics, easy touch controls, and a ton of replayability, and it's premium so $5 for no ads is nice. I'm not super far in but I really dig it so far.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

New Leaf posted:

So this game is pretty rad. You're defending procedurally generated islands from invading forces using upgradable armies. It's got nice stylized graphics, easy touch controls, and a ton of replayability, and it's premium so $5 for no ads is nice. I'm not super far in but I really dig it so far.

Oh neat, I've had my eye on the PS 4 version of this for a while but would much rather play it on my phone!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Kyrosiris, are you done with afk arena?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

fyallm posted:

Kyrosiris, are you done with afk arena?

Yeah, go ahead and give me the boot. I've been roadblocked something fierce for the last like two weeks and the time needed each day to keep up was kinda burning me out. Should've said something earlier, tbh. :shobon:

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, go ahead and give me the boot. I've been roadblocked something fierce for the last like two weeks and the time needed each day to keep up was kinda burning me out. Should've said something earlier, tbh. :shobon:

NP my dude, we got 1 spot open in the AFK arena guild.

mishon
Jul 19, 2004
Floccinaucinihilipilification
Going to apply as Bob Katter but have 1 hr timer :(

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Last Cloudia seems to be the new hotness. Kind of has some FFXII I think vibes to it. With the material system that you equip to heros to give them new abilite and such.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

How popular is CoD mobile on this thread? I've been playing it with coworkers since its official launch and I think is really fun. Despite the huge amounts of microtransactions, it doesn't feel p2win.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Guillermus posted:

How popular is CoD mobile on this thread? I've been playing it with coworkers since its official launch and I think is really fun. Despite the huge amounts of microtransactions, it doesn't feel p2win.

I play it daily, it is excellent. I haven't spent a dime on it, all the purchasable things seem to be cosmetic poo poo (all of which looks like crap).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I play it daily, it is excellent. I haven't spent a dime on it, all the purchasable things seem to be cosmetic poo poo (all of which looks like crap).

Is there some sort of goon clan that we can join? I haven't played it yet, but I'd play it with goons for sure.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there some sort of goon clan that we can join? I haven't played it yet, but I'd play it with goons for sure.

I'm sure there is, but I have no idea what it is.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

What's your IGN? I wanna shoot pubbies together.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

SandwichSA

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I just signed up with ArteaSA. Game is pretty fun

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Same name as in here for CoD Mobile. I'll add a bunch since the game is cool for a bunch of rounds.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Are there any current premium, single purchase games to be recommended? I got 5 survey bucks saved up and I'm not really sure what to use them on.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Add me for CoD as well, same name.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The Burrito Bison guys put out a new* game. It's a Powerpuff Girls Launcher. If you want more Burrito Bison it's worth checking out but it's exactly the same game down to the notification being called pinata when you turn it off.

*It's literally just Burrito Bison with a different skin

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Anyone else in on this Tom Clancy's Secret Project alpha? It's actually a lot like AFK Arena except with rainbow six/ghost recon characters.

It is energy based so sit down and play time is a little limited, but it's a lot of fun in 20 minute sessions or so I'd say.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Len posted:

The Burrito Bison guys put out a new* game. It's a Powerpuff Girls Launcher. If you want more Burrito Bison it's worth checking out but it's exactly the same game down to the notification being called pinata when you turn it off.

*It's literally just Burrito Bison with a different skin

Been playing this for the past couple of weeks. Good poop game. And it's got enough charm that it being identical to Burrito Bison doesn't matter to me.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
AFK arena finally fixed the annoying issue where you have faction scrolls, but your faction is still 3 days away! For only the low, low price of 300 diamonds you can switch it to what you want.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Dragongem posted:

AFK arena finally fixed the annoying issue where you have faction scrolls, but your faction is still 3 days away! For only the low, low price of 300 diamonds you can switch it to what you want.

Whales gonna whale. Honestly I'm surprised it's only 300 diamonds.

pappawurm
Feb 9, 2014
Anyone playing dragon champions?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Incessant Excess posted:

Are there any current premium, single purchase games to be recommended? I got 5 survey bucks saved up and I'm not really sure what to use them on.

Holedown
Part time ufo
Star traders frontiers
Absolute drift
Photographs puzzle stories
Dungeon warfare 2

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Michaellaneous posted:

Same.

Ign: KabukiSA

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm enjoying Last Cloudia. The Arks working like FF6 Espers is pretty neat and the combat's not mind-numbing. I also really dig the presentation, reminds me a little of Octopath Traveller or FFBE. I managed 3 SSR Arks in my first two rolls, so I guess I'm keeping this account since characters don't seem to be critical.

My ID's 132654455, if anyone wants to add me.

Edit: Make that 4 SSRs and a character in my first 3. Not too shabby.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 22, 2019

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I'm enjoying Last Cloudia. The Arks working like FF6 Espers is pretty neat and the combat's not mind-numbing. I also really dig the presentation, reminds me a little of Octopath Traveller or FFBE. I managed 3 SSR Arks in my first two rolls, so I guess I'm keeping this account since characters don't seem to be critical.

My ID's 132654455, if anyone wants to add me.

Edit: Make that 4 SSRs and a character in my first 3. Not too shabby.

Join us over in the Last Cloudia thread I made yesterday. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901772 It's a pretty barebones OP, but it has some solid beginner resources in it. The discord is really active as well as the subreddit. It's basically the next evolution of the BF/ FFBE/ Grand Summoners style gameplay.

Think of Characters as templates. Some templates are better suited than others for a certain gameplay style. However, almost any character can fill any role. Some will just require more work than others.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Dodoman posted:

Holedown

Let me guess, this was the original game of breaking numbered bricks with bouncy stuff, but the subsequent deluge of soulless ugly clones invading ads averywhere made me skeptical of the gameplay. Just like Threes!

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Tafferling posted:

Let me guess, this was the original game of breaking numbered bricks with bouncy stuff, but the subsequent deluge of soulless ugly clones invading ads averywhere made me skeptical of the gameplay. Just like Threes!

Its good but very short.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Dodoman posted:

Holedown
Part time ufo
Star traders frontiers
Absolute drift
Photographs puzzle stories
Dungeon warfare 2

Thanks for the list. Wishlisted several myself and heads up that Photographs puzzle stories is on sale right now for 8 hours, like 66% off or something. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eightyeightgames.photographs

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010

Dodoman posted:

Star traders frontiers
Dungeon warfare 2

Both of these are excellent and will eat up a ton of your time.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

New Leaf posted:

This game has been a lot of fun and was a great use of my survey dollars. I really love the art style and the gameplay seems to be simple but have room for a lot of depth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Is there a trick to getting surveys for google bucks? I've had the rewards app installed for months and it has never offered me a survey to take.