Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

professor metis posted:

this isn't true at all

It sounds like it should be true but I'm not going to go find sources to support some other person's claim :shobon:

Regardless babytalk is bad and dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

It sounds like it should be true but I'm not going to go find sources to support some other person's claim :shobon:

Yeah I mean it sounds true enough. I didn't have any reason to doubt it.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

dudeness posted:

Go to a doctor, it sounds like she's down with the sickness.
lol holy gently caress

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Baby talk is necessary. Babies, weak, pathetic, and fragile, cannot bear the full force of my voice. While I disdain weakness, I also understand that they must be acclimated. I moderate myself so as to prevent tragedy, but only to a point. If the child cannot abide the reality of speech then they must be abandoned in the woods to the meek that live there. One would expect the woodfolks to be strong, and brilliant, and cool, but most are not. Occasionally they produce someone of worth and so it would be a tragedy to simply destroy them; not only for the loss of potential powerful people, but because they pour their power into the trees themselves. It is from these trees that I make cribs and the cycle begins anew.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

AITA for chosing video games over my girlfriend?

quote:

Sorry for grammatical errors in advance.

Last weekend I purchased a gaming PC after only having a garbage laptop for a few months. Needless to say that I've been coming home from work everyday and getting on the PC until it's time to hit the bed. My (20) girlfriend (21) lives with me and originally wasn't happy with me purchasing the pc as is.

The last few nights she's been very unhappy with me, barely talking to me, going to bed early etc. I could tell that she wasn't happy with me being on the computer all the time so I tried getting off about an hour early to give her some attention last night, also took her to dinner. I had to work overtime today and was originally planning on playing while she was working, but that didn't happen, so I played after work.

Fast forward to about 20 minutes ago and she starts getting upset so I sit her down to talk and explain to her that I'm still young and I'm not ready for these kinds of issues. I know how childish it sounds to tell someone that you would take video games over them but that's basically what it came to. I also explained to her that I would most likely be sick of the computer after another week, but she's still unhappy with me.

So Reddit, AITA?

"I like video games more than you" is one hell of a thing to say

Isn't this how incels get made? They just completely stop caring about anything and then lament how women don't like them?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can semi understand how he feels, though. Going from a shitbox Radeon HD 5450 with 4 gigs of RAM to a (at the time near top of the line) GTX 970, 16gb RAM, and a processor with literally twice the cores was a magical, magical first few weeks. "HOLY poo poo EVERYTHING LOOKS SO PRETTY ON MAX SETTINGS :aaaaa: did it always look this good what the gently caress have I been doing"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

QuarkJets posted:

Isn't this how incels get made? They just completely stop caring about anything and then lament how women don't like them?

No not at all.

They don't even have Girlfriends in the first place.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

QuarkJets posted:

AITA for chosing video games over my girlfriend?

"I like video games more than you" is one hell of a thing to say

Stay true to your values, young one. You are too young for this poo poo. So is she. Part ways. :sever:. Allow the other to thrive. You and her are fundamentally incompatible and ignoring the faults will only lead to pain. Play games for hours on end. I understand needing to obsess over something before getting burned out on it. One of my earliest relationships had a dynamic very similar to yours, but my passion was music. No, no making it. Listening to it. To the same song for hours, days, even a week on end. At one point my gf made me choose: her or the song. So I sadly moved my cursor and clicked "play".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dvIzpWJfMQ

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

baby talk for talking to babies is an important part of child language acquisition. we don't do it for no reason, it helps introduce babies to simple syntax and pronunciation.

when not talking to literal babies obviously yeah that's incredibly annoying

case in point:

My [24F] boyfriend [22M] baby talks at me a lot and it makes me feel like a dog. Am I in the wrong?

quote:

My boyfriend is a caring, wonderful human being and we've been together for about 8 months. Our relationship isn't perfect, but its always developing and improving despite some very rough twists and turns in our lives.

I feel so bad about this, but his baby talk kills me. It's like nails on a chalk board. When he's being what he calls "affectionate" he talks to me the same way that he talks to his mother's 10lb shitzu. His voice gets extremely high pitch and he tells me how I am "soooo darn cute!", and how he "loves me sooooooo muchy much!", and also just throws in odd, high pitched sounds.

I absolutely hate it beyond words. To me, he sounds like a raving lunatic and creepy. He does it in public, in private, over the phone, and in front of family. My sister brought it to my attention (without me having to say anything about it), saying that it sounds very disrespectful and degrading.

I knew he respects and loves me. It's just his way of being affectionate I guess, but it's embarrassing and makes me uncomfortable. I've talked to him about it multiple times now. Mostly he gets defensive and tells me that it's just how he expresses his love, but occasionally will take my cues to tone it down.

Am I bad for not liking it? I guess some women like baby talk and find it endearing... I'm just not one of these women. It's horrible, and I really just want it to stop. It's three a better way to talk to him about this that he won't get defensive and might actually hear me?

TL;DR - bf's baby talk makes me feel uncomfortable and disrespected. We've talked but he still does it. Am I bad for disliking it? How do I end it?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My husband [M31], of 8 years, told me [F30] he wants a divorce because we don’t have enough sex. How to I prevent this separation?

Today has literally been the most depressing day of my life. I’m sobbing right now, feeling alone as I type this. Please be gentle in your responses. I’m extremely sensitive right now. I apologize for any errors in advance. I [F30] have been married to my husband [M31] for 6 years and have been together for a total of 8 years.

Today was supposed to be a date night for us since we always seem busy. I work from home and was able to finish up all of my admin work early, so I decided to surprise my husband by cooking all of his favorite foods and make a buffet sort of thing. It took almost 2-3 hours of preparations, but everything came out perfect and just in time before my husband came home. I quickly showered, did my hair, put on make-up, and picked out an outfit that he has told me is one of his favorites to see me in.

He came home on time as expected. I was so excited to surprise him. He says thanks and we sit down together. I thought tonight would be perfect. It’s something I’ve been planning for a while. Then I hear the dreaded words come from his mouth, “I want a divorce”. I think it took me a moment to register that this was real. My mind goes blank, then I get this rush of depression and sadness that just kicks in.

I ask, while sobbing, why does he want a divorce and ensure that I will give him my full understanding so we can try to fix this issue. He explains to me I always rejected him of sex, always said no, always made false promises to fix myself, and always made excuses. He then goes on and explains that he always tried talking to me about it and it never helped. I realize that he is completely right. I always said no, I always made excuses, and always made false promises to change. When I look back on all the times I said no to sex, I can say my husband was a very patient man. I have no excuses. I went to my gynecologist last year, per my husband’s request, to check to see if there was anything causing me to have a low libido. The doctor ensured that everything was good.

I remember one time my husband unexpectedly came home on his lunch break and asked if he wanted to have sex. I shouted at him because “I thought you came home because you wanted to spend time with me, not to get laid.” He then made me lunch and went back to work. I realize now that he wanted to reconnect with me in a way he reserved exclusively for us. I never apologized for snapping at him. The fact he stilled cared enough to make me lunch without me asking speaks volumes, despite what just happened.

I ensure my husband that his feelings are valid. I apologize for all the hurt and pain that I cause him. I promise to try harder and not just put make false promises. I admit to making excuses and being selfish in the relationship. I told him I will do whatever it takes, whether it’s therapy, scheduling sex, etc. I didn’t realize that it was hurting my husband this bad. (Side note: I didn’t say this to my husband because he mentioned divorce. I said it because it’s truly how I feel. I had a realization at the time.) My husband then explains that he has given me multiple chances and how alone I have made him feel.

I try to remind him of our marriage vows that we took, that we would always be together through the good and the bad. He then retorts that part of the vows that we took that we wouldn’t deprive each other of sex and that sex is an exchange for loyalty. He then explains that he has felt so lonely, that he’s wanting to cheat but he wasn’t going to lower himself to that, as he put it. I tried to reassure him of everything. He then starts to pack all of his clothes, as I’m following him around the house begging him now to go, explaining that I’ll do anything it takes to keep us together. I even offer him sex right now. He declines it. He then takes what little he packs and is informing me that he is staying with his parents until he gets a place of his own.

I try calling and texting my husband multiple times, but I get meet with this text message and his exact words are “I don’t believe you will ever change. I will never forget all of times you lied about changing. I will never forget how the few times we had sex, it’s because I had to beg you for it. You just laid there like a starfish. When you went to Gynecologist, I thought it was going to real change, but should of known better. I remember when we first met, you couldn’t keep your hands off of me. As soon as we got married, you became way too comfortable in our marriage and put forth less effort. You robbed me of my 20s of sex. I will not loose my 30s to a sexless marriage. I refuse to grow old and regret my life decisions. You had your chance. We maybe legally married, but we are officially over. If I decide to have sex with someone right now, it would not be considered cheating. That is how serious I am about this. I will be sending you divorce papers soon. Goodbye, forever [my name]!”

I’ve continued trying to call my husband multiple times, but it keeps on going to voicemail. He either has his phone off or has blocked me. He will not respond to me on Facebook Messenger and Snapchat either. I’m sitting hear all alone with all of the untouched food I made just for him.

I really don’t want this marriage to end. We have so much history. I love him with all of my heart, he always been a great man, and I can’t see my life without him. What can I do to fix this, before it’s too late? All I can do is sit here and cry. I can’t lose him. In case anyone is wondering, we do not have any kids. Any advice is appreciated.

EDIT: I also want to explain to people while I had a low libido. At one point, I was working full time and sometimes they had mandatory overtime, going to school to get my Bachelors Degree (spending 60-80 hours a week on school and work), and taking care of my mother who was dying from ALS who couldn’t even do basic functions such as walk, talk, use the bathroom, and cook without assistance. This is all on top of being a wifey. Making sure we go on dates, spend time together, help take care of the house, provide, etc. Sometimes I was busy, I missed out on sleep just to get my school work done because I was busy taking care of my mom. My husband only worked 40 hours, and had way more free time. It wasn’t because he was lazy. He took care of the house and pets, but he didn’t have school and I wouldn’t let him take care of my mother because it was my job. In fact sometime he would get on me for constantly pushing it. When my mother passed away, it emotionally affect me. It still does today, but it’s way more manageable. I’m not saying this as an excuse. I could of tried to make more time for husband. God knows he deserves it. But sometimes, it’s hard to think about sex when so much gets in the way. My libido was coming back, now that I’m graduated, have more free time, and I’m healing from my mother’s death. I scheduled to see a psychologist to help me with my libido and to improve myself and I scheduled to see my gynecologist again just to be double sure there is no underlying medical issues causing a low libido, Lastly, even though I’m not fat, I plan on hitting the gym again. I used to be very active, but that was a while back.

TL;DR: My husband said that we are not sexually compatible and wants a divorce. He has left me alone in the house and he informed me that he is moving in with his parents until he can find a place of his own. I admit to my mistake and ensured I’m more than willing to work on my libido, but he doesn’t believe me. What can I do to keep my husband?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can semi understand how he feels, though. Going from a shitbox Radeon HD 5450 with 4 gigs of RAM to a (at the time near top of the line) GTX 970, 16gb RAM, and a processor with literally twice the cores was a magical, magical first few weeks. "HOLY poo poo EVERYTHING LOOKS SO PRETTY ON MAX SETTINGS :aaaaa: did it always look this good what the gently caress have I been doing"

trap sprung?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

QuarkJets posted:

you're wrong and dumb https://www.acpeds.org/benefits-of-baby-talk-infant-language-stimulation

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Imagine thinking baby talk (when talking to babies) is bad. Some of your parents should have used baby talk more extensively.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pinecone Sample posted:

My [33/m] wife [32/f] met an old friend and he won't leave

Is this recreating a scene from some absurdist movie that I haven't heard of? like, it's definitely not real, but it doesn't feel like original fiction on the part of the OP either...

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My husband [M31], of 8 years, told me [F30] he wants a divorce because we don’t have enough sex. How to I prevent this separation?

This is really sad, but she's trying to close the barn door once the bull has already escaped. To have sex.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

my father spoke to me like William Safire after a dozen scotch doubles.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its sad but the "here is a paragraph of meaningful things I could have said but didnt, and also yeah Ive known this was an issue for years and did nothing" holds so much, uh, unpleasant associations of peoples behavior for me I have difficulty mustering it up for her.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
She also fails to mention the extent the lack of sex is in that post. While I wasn't married, I was also in a long term relationship that was essentially sexless. As in no sex in over a year at multiple points. It's miserable. Anyway that lady will be happily posting poo poo in a few months about how much of a relief it is because she'll have realized she straight up wasn't attracted to her husband. She'll be fine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

FilthyImp posted:

Apparently dude was salty over some gun limitations bill or something and wanted to fake raise a stink and now the court isn't entertained with the legal tactic of "But your honor I wasn't touching him and furthermore MAH RIGHTS"

more of these dumbfuck clowns should pull this prank in america

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

PringleCreamEgg posted:

She also fails to mention the extent the lack of sex is in that post. While I wasn't married, I was also in a long term relationship that was essentially sexless. As in no sex in over a year at multiple points. It's miserable. Anyway that lady will be happily posting poo poo in a few months about how much of a relief it is because she'll have realized she straight up wasn't attracted to her husband. She'll be fine.

Husband painted a colorful picture with "starfish" and the sex stopping as soon as the ring was installed.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Can someone link back to that guy who was too straight to wash between his cheeks and left poo poo stains in his bed?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Can someone link back to that guy who was too straight to wash between his cheeks and left poo poo stains in his bed?

You'll have to be more specific.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Beachcomber posted:

You'll have to be more specific.

:911:
The one with the girlfriend asking him why and he said it was gay to wash between cheeks.

Not really narrowing all that much I know

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
It has been posted in here multiple times and each time it makes me ashamed to share a gender with that idiot.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The GIP idiots thread has some stories, and I'll not go into any more detail than that.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Between the guy who didn’t wipe because it would be gay and the girl who didn’t want her boyfriend to wear a shawl, we can infer that somewhere in the world there’s a woman who lives with a poo poo-assed man because she doesn’t let him wipe because it would be gay.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

Between the guy who didn’t wipe because it would be gay and the girl who didn’t want her boyfriend to wear a shawl, we can infer that somewhere in the world there’s a woman who lives with a poo poo-assed man because she doesn’t let him wipe because it would be gay.

We literally already had a post for a dude's girlfriend was upset because he showered before sex and furthermore commented that she had never known another man who washed his rear end in the shower and thus shower boy was unmanly

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"Never again will I be so so ignorant as to what's going on and me!" I say, as I marvel at my new video-game and my girlfriend packs her bags and leaves.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
One of my good friends is a lesbian and I blew her mind tonight mentioning the "gay to go between the cheeks" thing. She was soooo confused and horrified.

Frankly I don't understand anybody who would put up with that for more than one horrible experience, but hey, my best friend would tell me about her bfs and how sometimes their junk would smell so bad she'd gag during blowjobs so I guess some women just deal with it?

After me yelling at her for a few weeks she finally started making him shower if he wasn't fresh and guess what? Sometimes he'd shower and still smell like rear end and she'd make him shower again.

I...I don't even know how that's possible unless he just stood under the water and then dried off. Thank gently caress I never slept with a dude who didn't smell and present himself as beautifully groomed and smelling fresh.

I couldn't handle it. I'm not made for it, the siren song of good dick just isn't strong enough. My toys are impeccable and never ask me stupid questions.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Husband painted a colorful picture with "starfish" and the sex stopping as soon as the ring was installed.

Its interesting to see this amid the recent "Ive gained weight and gotten old and I'm ugly I push my husband away and never want to have sex of be intimate"

Those people clearly have self esteem issues and realize its a problem that could be fixed. Starfish lady just doesn't want sex and after years of nothing improving expects last minute drastic begging to help.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Pirate Radar posted:

You can be more specific, midwest Usa.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

Power Khan posted:

How is shower before sex weird?!? And washing your B-hole!?!?
So I am a male, been seeing this girl for 5 weeks now. after the second date we started having sex, generally if available before sex I like to take a quick shower (2 -5 minutes tops, or I recommend they come shower with me so we can start some foreplay) anyways we usually go back to her place since no one is there. I will hop in the shower sometimes she will come with me and take a quick rinse off with soap and water. We were talking yesterday and she said “I find it weird you shower before sex and after, also your the only dude I have seen wash his butt”

How is this weird?!?! Also washing the butt I just lather soap onto a wash cloth and give it a few passes. Like is not showering a thing? I don’t want to smell like some old caveman with swamp-rear end.
i guess the gf didn't say anything explicitly negative about washing his butt but she still felt it was worth pointing out in the convo about him being weird for showering

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

Is what the 92 yo man at the dry cleaners said true?

quote:

So last week I was at the dry cleaners dropping off a pair of pants. The clerk (a 92 year old man) started asking me questions like “how much is the national debt” “who do we owe it to” and “how many people are there in China vs the US”. I’m a high school debater and the current topic is related to China and trade deals so I roughly knew the answers and he was surprised so he continued talking (for way too long).

Apparently he asks these questions to everyone he interacts with to assert his superiority, as he said he asked a couple earlier and they didn’t know. He also goes to the bank around the corner just to antagonize the manager about economics.

Anyways, after he’s done questioning me he tells me that he hasn’t payed income tax in 40 years because he took the IRS to court and without hiring a lawyer, he singlehandedly defeated them after an epic battle using only the constitution as that’s the ‘real law’, not the statutes and regulations that ‘they’ try to enforce because taxes are communist, communist manifesto, he’s a real american blah blah blah.

He then goes on to say that since I seem like a bright young man, he’s going to pass on some secret information to me so that I’m not just another one of the masses. He writes down on a piece of paper “HJR 192” and tells me to look it up as it will change the way I think of things and it will ‘keep me up at night’. I looked it up out of curiosity when i get home and it’s just some law passed in 1932 that did away with the gold clause in the constitution and in all public and private contracts. He said this is some secret truth that the government is hiding from us and that him telling me this is planting a seed in the future of this country and that because of this law, people aren’t actually required to pay taxes.

Ofc I don’t really believe him but it’s kind of intriguing tbh. So if any of y’all actually understand what HJR 192 is, is there any truth at all to what this old man was saying or was it simply the senile ramblings of a “real American” ?

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

i vomit kittens posted:

is this what sovcit origin stories look like

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

i vomit kittens posted:

I would say this is fake but sovcivs absolutely do this

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

i made the stupid mistake of asking my boyfriend about his sexual history before me

quote:

today my boyfriend (34m) and i (16f) were laying in bed and i jokingly asked him if he’d been with any other girls my age, thinking he’d say no because id asked him before and he made it seem like he only had when he was 17. this time he said yes, when he was 24 he had sex with but didn’t date a 16 year old girl. for some reason i broke down crying, i thought i was the first younger girl he’d been with and he said he hadn’t told me because i was his first younger girlfriend (and his 2nd girlfriend in general). then i asked him other questions and it turns out he’s had a pretty extensive sexual past, i started to feel weird. i’ve never been with or dated someone before that had any sexual history, and only been with one other guy before him. he’s really lived his life and i’ve barely started mine. i don’t know the adult way to react to this, i want to be understanding to his past but idk i just feel less special because of everything he told me. is there a way to get over this? i feel like im being immature and a baby over this and i don’t want it to affect our relationship

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

i vomit kittens posted:

I beat the IRS in court = I'm too poor to pay income tax

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

i vomit kittens posted:

i made the stupid mistake of asking my boyfriend about his sexual history before me

i always thought if i could pick a superpower it would be teleportation but the older i get the more i lean towards the ability to yeet people off of the planet

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

i vomit kittens posted:

I searched that on reddit to read the comments and saw it’s on r/agegap which I didn’t know was a thing and got an instant :stonk: from me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

i vomit kittens posted:

Oh my gooooooood ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun