Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Didn't Jessica Jones get some treatment from Jean Grey after the Purple man poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I know after Age of X (not to be confused with Age of X-Man) they had Emma Frost set up a psychic triage to erase peoples entire life's worth of traumatic memories from living in an alternate timeline.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

galagazombie posted:

I know after Age of X (not to be confused with Age of X-Man) they had Emma Frost set up a psychic triage to erase peoples entire life's worth of traumatic memories from living in an alternate timeline.

And Frenzy refused it, which lead to some really interesting stuff with her. Carey really did great work with Frenzy - it's kind of sad that no-one else has picked up the character since.

Apparently she shows up in the splash of villainous mutants arriving on Krakoa in HoX, which is a little sad given that the last time we saw her, she was a hero and a member of the X-Men in good standing.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Did they do that with all the younger mutants who got trapped in the Age of Apocalypse for years and spent all that time believing the X-Men abandoned them to die, even though it had only been like 5 minutes from the X-Men's perspective?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

Like ruin a steak :doom:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT0ZhOV6Bl8

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phenotype posted:

Did they do that with all the younger mutants who got trapped in the Age of Apocalypse for years and spent all that time believing the X-Men abandoned them to die, even though it had only been like 5 minutes from the X-Men's perspective?

That's sorta on them for not studying their back issues. Same thing happened to Ilyana and she didn't bitch and moan about it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Android Blues posted:

And Frenzy refused it, which lead to some really interesting stuff with her. Carey really did great work with Frenzy - it's kind of sad that no-one else has picked up the character since.

Apparently she shows up in the splash of villainous mutants arriving on Krakoa in HoX, which is a little sad given that the last time we saw her, she was a hero and a member of the X-Men in good standing.

Apparently the only reformed mutants who are allowed to stay reformed are Magneto (dubiously) and Emma Frost (stylishly).

Yes, I am still annoyed that Sabretooth's inversion was just quietly dropped, thanks for asking. :colbert:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Apparently the only reformed mutants who are allowed to stay reformed are Magneto (dubiously) and Emma Frost (stylishly).

Yes, I am still annoyed that Sabretooth's inversion was just quietly dropped, thanks for asking. :colbert:

it wasn't quietly dropped, you just didn't read Weapon X like everyone should have been doing

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Alaois posted:

it wasn't quietly dropped, you just didn't read Weapon X like everyone should have been doing

I'm pretty sure he was already reverting to type by Weapon X, Old Man Logan was just pointing him at useful targets and he didn't mind.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Alaois posted:

Didn’t people think it was one of the better X Books at the time?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cabbit posted:

I'm pretty sure he was already reverting to type by Weapon X, Old Man Logan was just pointing him at useful targets and he didn't mind.

I mean he was still Sabretooth but he was trying to be a good guy, especially after Logan put him in charge of the team when his body was starting to break down. when they went to hell to finally kill William Stryker, Sabretooth gave up his morality to bring his son Greydon Creed out of hell because he felt bad about abandoning him.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn’t people think it was one of the better X Books at the time?

It was which is why everyone should have been reading it!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Android Blues posted:

Strictly speaking the last three times we've seen her prior to HoXPoX were:

3: Conducting a false-flag terrorist operation in cahoots with Crystal as some sort of propaganda campaign to help the Inhumans find a cure for mutants' Terrigen poisoning in All-New Inhumans
2: Brainwashed by Dr. Faustus to conduct a false-flag terrorist operation against HYDRA in order to give them pretext to attack New Tian in Secret Empire
1: As part of the emergency all-hands-on-deck team summoned by a psychic distress signal from Jean Grey at the end of X-Men Disassembled.

This is not to say any of these were good uses of Frenzy (or good comics), but it's context enough to think she might be part of the same "the past is the past, come and join us" net that also included Not-Outright-Villains-But-Not-Pals like Random, Callisto, Marrow, and Lady Mastermind. Also genuine monsters like Selene and Emplate, but I don't think Wolverine was meant to suggest he thought all of the amnesty mutants were 'beyond saving'.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I read most of Claremont's X-Men and I still don't know what Callisto's mutant power is.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Skwirl posted:

I read most of Claremont's X-Men and I still don't know what Callisto's mutant power is.

Enhanced senses. It almost never comes up.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I vaguely remember something about either Jean or Callisto having tentacles? And there was a hot tub involved?

Did I just make this up in my head or did this actually happen at some point

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Synthbuttrange posted:

I vaguely remember something about either Jean or Callisto having tentacles? And there was a hot tub involved?

No, that happened

Masque was a creepy gently caress

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Jean had tentacles for 1 or 2 issues of Uncanny in the later Claremont era, when Jim Lee started drawing it regularly (it's absolutely a Claremont thing, I was just establishing a timeline).

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Synthbuttrange posted:

That was a whole thing in the Claremont/Kordey run near the end of X-Treme X-Men in the '00s that I think I'm consciously choosing to repress.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Was that Calisto's secondary mutation?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

Does anyone besides Emma really have a secondary mutation? Beast turned into a cat, but he was only blue and furry in the first place because he took experimental drugs he made, so that could be a another side effect.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

FilthyImp posted:

No masque did it to her

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Skwirl posted:

Does anyone besides Emma really have a secondary mutation?
Angel has Healing Tears and Wolverine has HOT KLAWZ?

I actually don't know. I just remember Secondary Mutation! Being a hot thing for a minute and it's pretty funny if it was just marketing PR to make the line interesting but was, like, 3 dudes or something.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao has HOT CLAWS come up at all anywhere ever again?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

It definitely hasn't come up since Hickman took over the entire line, and I don't remember it happening before I dropped out of Rosenberg's Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad run of Uncanny.

I think if anyone had a decent idea for it it could have been a thing that stuck for awhile, but no one did.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

more like rear end claws.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

more like rear end claws.

That's from the alternate universe where Wolverine hooks up with Doop

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Synthbuttrange posted:

HOT CLAWS was featured beautifully in the holiday special

(this is the only appearance of HOT CLAWS that I've seen)

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Wait. Wasn't it revealed that Hot Claws Wolverine was the Phoenix Wolverine from the future who was hanging around at the same time Regular Claws Wolverine was resurrected? There was a big reveal that two of them were around and that some of the appearances were Phoenix Wolverine.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

FilthyImp posted:

No, that was to start out as what might be described 'a hard-looking woman' to wind up as conventionally attractive as any standard X-Woman.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Time traveling phoenix wolverine was pretty fun. He would just randomly show up, drink beer, then fight something across a number of books. It was good.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Dawgstar posted:

No, that was to start out as what might be described 'a hard-looking woman' to wind up as conventionally attractive as any standard X-Woman.

No being made conventionally attractive was something done to Callisto, oddly enough, Masque turned her into a supermodel basically to be a honeytrap for Colossus after the Siege Perilous

it was some poo poo

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a bunch of secondary mutations but since just about every single one except Emma, Angel and Elixir are just evolutions of their original power they're not really remembered.

Iceman is an ice man instead of a man covered in ice.
Angel has healing blood.
Toad has HOT TONGUE.
Wolfsbane can turn into multiple wolves.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 21, 2019

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Beast's leonine look was a secondary mutation too, right? Cassandra Nova has that whole (very memorable) scene where she taunts him about how he's devolving into lower and lower forms of life.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Aphrodite posted:

Gah, I was so close to forgetting this

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Aphrodite posted:

Well well well, look at Ms. Rahne over here with her fancy grad school degree and her Deleuze and Guattari superpowers. I see how it is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Android Blues posted:

Beast's leonine look was a secondary mutation too, right? Cassandra Nova has that whole (very memorable) scene where she taunts him about how he's devolving into lower and lower forms of life.

Yeah.

Others are:
Black Tom's plant form.
Quire's astral form.
Husk's personality degradation with each form.
Masque's powers working on himself and not just others.
Polaris super strength.
Siryn's powers working like a mythological siren.
Gambit precognition.

(It's a lot of Forms.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

No being made conventionally attractive was something done to Callisto, oddly enough, Masque turned her into a supermodel basically to be a honeytrap for Colossus after the Siege Perilous

it was some poo poo

The really odd part is I accepted this without blinking. Although that does explain where the Colossus/Callisto thing comes from.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Aphrodite posted:

Gambit precognition.

Wait. What?

Is he on Krakoa?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He lost it since then.

He was blinded so they gave him a power of Not Being Blind to avoid really having to write about it. Then he got his sight back and lost it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

remember Gambit's psychic charm, which is supposed to be the reason his eyes look like that?