Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Iron Crowned posted:

I definitely don't hate the roller door bedroom thing, but the execution is terrible.

Rollerdoors can be cool as gently caress. But it takes a lot of work.

I read an article about the kitchen one below and they spent a huge amount of effort getting it to fit tightly enough to stop drafts and insects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I kind of dig it in a living in the dojo way. Also the garage doors and narrow walkway are Juliet balconies. The rooms have proper doors on the opposite wall. Still probably a loving hassle to actually deal with, but have the option of ignoring them.

Also, :spooky: Halloween post :spooky: and even uglier industrial look

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Reminds me of the Oakley's sunglasses headquarters in my hometown:

https://www.azahner.com/works/oakley-headquarters

The dirt trails on the grounds are because they somehow cut a deal to buy an old tank but they were only allowed to drive it on their property so they tore up the landscaping.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Dude is going to get sliced in half when his 5 year old starts playing with the door release button.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

is this loss

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Youth Decay posted:

is this loss

It will be, as soon as someone with 'shop skills sees it

Ries
Apr 14, 2003
Motorcycle

mutata posted:

The dirt trails on the grounds are because they somehow cut a deal to buy an old tank but they were only allowed to drive it on their property so they tore up the landscaping.

The outside looks like the entrance to a Batman themed rollercoaster at Six Flags in the mid 90s.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Ries posted:

The outside looks like the entrance to a Batman themed rollercoaster at Six Flags in the mid 90s.

Or a building interior shot from a remake of 1984.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Ries posted:

RIP Astroworld/Batman: The Escape.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:spooky: Halloween post :spooky: It's got good bones

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Flipperwaldt posted:

I love everything about it, even and in particular the extremely stupid bits.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Flipperwaldt posted:

I love everything about it, even and in particular the extremely stupid bits.

I actually lamented out loud that it was so much space and land for such a low price. gently caress my neck of the woods.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

there wolf posted:

:spooky: Halloween post :spooky: It's got good bones

They could have at least made the armrests match.

Rosemont
Nov 4, 2009

mutata posted:

It looks like the lair of a supervillain.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Maybe they really like Men In Black?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:spooky: Halloween post :spooky:- Trick-or-treater defense

Seriously, how do you not strap a child dummy to that come Halloween?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

Maybe they really like Men In Black?

Not everyone can live in the ventilator for the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.

My dad has done work down there (and in possibly every basement in Manhattan in the 80's and early 90s), he's always so chuffed when he sees weird new york stuff in movies. There's a whole ton of crazy stuff.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

I'm 50 pictures of grass.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

there wolf posted:

:spooky: Halloween post :spooky:- Trick-or-treater defense

Seriously, how do you not strap a child dummy to that come Halloween?

You know, all I'm learning from these Halloween posts is that I am apparently goth as hell in my heart and soul, because a lot of these I would happily live with. Give me the spooky spider gate. Let me sleep in the witchy bed.

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

Suspect Bucket posted:

Not everyone can live in the ventilator for the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel.

My dad has done work down there (and in possibly every basement in Manhattan in the 80's and early 90s), he's always so chuffed when he sees weird new york stuff in movies. There's a whole ton of crazy stuff.

I can appreciate the way your dad feels seeing those places in films and tv. The town I grew up in (and neighbouring town) has a lot of sites that get used for sets in films and tv shows here. I know those towns like the back of my hand it always gives me a smile when I see one of the more obscure parts. Although I am starting to get a bit peeved seeing the same warehouse over and over again.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Oscar Romeo Romeo posted:

I can appreciate the way your dad feels seeing those places in films and tv. The town I grew up in (and neighbouring town) has a lot of sites that get used for sets in films and tv shows here. I know those towns like the back of my hand it always gives me a smile when I see one of the more obscure parts. Although I am starting to get a bit peeved seeing the same warehouse over and over again.

I was very surprised to see my old university gym show up in an episode of Jonathan Creek, but the effect of the locked door mystery was somewhat spoiled by knowing that they'd covered up two other doors.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Know your Georgia small towns is a fun game if you're watching...pretty much anything these days. Is it a big square? It's Covington and all the food sucks.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Sounds like Portland these days. I remember visiting my parents when they were Grimm fans and pointing out all the places I frequented in the backgrounds of scenes.

The fun part is when you get a show like Stumptown that's set here but not filmed here, and you can play Spot the Vancouver Landmarks! and Hey, It's A Location Shot! drinking games.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I've gotta say I'm disappointed in the bowl sink feedback, but I understand it. It's a bummer that all the cool looking sinks are impressively cumbersome to use, nearly impossible to clean, or astronomically expensive.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Sounds like Portland these days. I remember visiting my parents when they were Grimm fans and pointing out all the places I frequented in the backgrounds of scenes.

The fun part is when you get a show like Stumptown that's set here but not filmed here, and you can play Spot the Vancouver Landmarks! and Hey, It's A Location Shot! drinking games.

I remember watching the first deadpool and the big tell it was filmed in Canada was the railroad crossbucks :v:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

YamiNoSenshi posted:

I'm 50 pictures of grass.

Is that like 50 Shades of Green?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Is that like 50 Shades of Green?

50 Shades of Grain?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Youth Decay posted:

is this loss

I'm the meth shack.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

RoboRodent posted:

You know, all I'm learning from these Halloween posts is that I am apparently goth as hell in my heart and soul, because a lot of these I would happily live with. Give me the spooky spider gate. Let me sleep in the witchy bed.

:spooky:Halloween Post :spooky: -you only think you're goth

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Goth, like all things, is a spectrum.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Are honeycomb blinds like this any good?

https://www.selectblinds.com/cellular-shades.html

I need to get some window coverings for a new apartment but I don’t keep up with that kind of thing so all I’ve seen lately is from ikea.

E- I like that the honeycomb blinds open at the top or bottom, I would definitely use that top opening.

Snowy fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 24, 2019

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I have them in my bathrooms and prefer them way more than a classic set of blinds.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
We had some magnetic ones at an AirBNB recently and I really liked them

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Snowy posted:

I need to get some window coverings for a new apartment but I don’t keep up with that kind of thing so all I’ve seen lately is from ikea.

E- I like that the honeycomb blinds open at the top or bottom, I would definitely use that top opening.

Honeycomb blinds are good but try the samples. My wife and I hated the ones from that site.

E: Not to totally dissuade you from that site. The samples are free so there's no harm in having a look-see.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
I bought a few from Home Depot in the last month and they're fine. One is top and bottom pull down, other is bottom only.

No strings to pull, I presume so dumb kids don't hang themselves or something.

I was surprised that there are models that are black out, but I didn't get any of those.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

They're pretty great in my experience. Easier to deal with than slat blinds, and they insulate the window well. The really high quality ones are probably some of the best window coverings out there for that reason. My parents dropped an insane amount of money of them for a sunroom and now it's usable space instead of a meat locker three months of the year.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

falz posted:

I was surprised that there are models that are black out, but I didn't get any of those.

Manual versions were suggested to me at a previous place, and it's also the type that you get for velux skylights.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I just bought a couple of that brand for my bedroom. They seem fine, but haven't installed them yet.

The only caveat is I would be wary of getting them if you have playful/inquisitive cats. My last place had a couple cats, and they were murder on regular plastic/vinyl blinds, I can only imagine how much worse they would destroy fabric ones.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cool thanks for all the input :3:

Besides Select Blinds and Home Depot are there any other brands especially worth checking out?

I do have some cats that could pose a problem but they usually gently caress with other things than curtains so fingers crossed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Snowy posted:

Cool thanks for all the input :3:

Besides Select Blinds and Home Depot are there any other brands especially worth checking out?

I do have some cats that could pose a problem but they usually gently caress with other things than curtains so fingers crossed.

http://www.awardblinds.com Have been using these guys for a several years, often buying 20+ blinds at a time. Have had issues with a few of the blinds and had no issues with getting them replaced. They have sent a new blind within days to replace the one with issues. Have not had to replace a blind due to a feline attack, yet... Before using awardblinds, in years past I've ordered Bali though Lowes and house brands from JustBlinds and Blinds.com. The Bali blinds are a little higher quality--but when I've had issues, it has required sending back the troubled blind and waiting for a replacement. JustBlinds and Blinds.com are ok, but the pricing is always all over the map.