Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Speaking of Cunoesse, has anyone actually managed to talk to her? Cuno is extremely defensive about her, and it feels like any attempt to approach her will just make him attack you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of Cunoesse, has anyone actually managed to talk to her? Cuno is extremely defensive about her, and it feels like any attempt to approach her will just make him attack you.

no, cunoesse is unapproachable. murderers are understandably hesitant to chat up the police

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Oxxidation posted:

no, cunoesse is unapproachable. murderers are understandably hesitant to chat up the police

Yeah, that's what I figured. I ended up just considering the two of them as one person, with Cuno being the mouthpiece.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Ok, cheat engine doesn't seem to do anything besides crashing my game.

Any other trainers that work / aren't filled with malaware?

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Ever absent-mindedly scroll over a spoiler thinking you know everything about the thing in the spoiler only to suddenly hate your life, your face and your terrible decision-making abilities?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

if this is about the one on this page, its irrelevant to the main story

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
....or is it?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

If you can't stand hardboiled noir stories then you might not like the game's ending, or story beats.

Neurosis posted:

Edgar and Evrart wanted conflict too. Evrart is pleased as punch at everything that followed from the murder acting as a spark. I got the impression Wild Pines was more willing to compromise but was playing dirty by sending the merc team in to drum up scabs and if an opportunity came up kill the Union leaders.

Evrart also must have known who killed the merc. He absolutely wants a war.

There are at least two bullets in the game.
And I'm pretty sure the killer wanted to kill Klassje too somewhere in his broken brain, instead of just "punishing" her.

Xander77 posted:

Ok, cheat engine doesn't seem to do anything besides crashing my game.

Any other trainers that work / aren't filled with malaware?

Go through this thread, it has various tables: https://fearlessrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?t=10530

Your game crashes probably because you're trying to access protected memory addresses.

PSA: CE exe might have adware if you install it while your PC is online. Or at least it used to have adware. So just go offline before installing it.

itry fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 21, 2019

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Ever absent-mindedly scroll over a spoiler thinking you know everything about the thing in the spoiler only to suddenly hate your life, your face and your terrible decision-making abilities?

that's what you get for listening to the wrong voice

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

itry posted:

PSA: CE exe might have adware if you install it while your PC is online. Or at least it used to have adware. So just go offline before installing it.

I'm pretty sure you can just tell it to not install any additional garbage, just like almost all of the programs that do similar stuff

Andrast fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 21, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Not when I installed it, which admittedly was using an older exe.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'm going to really love revisiting this game for another playthrough in a year or so. I feel the urge to keep playing but I know if I follow that urge and do a couple more rapid-fire playthroughs I won't find them as satisfying as I found my first one, so I should probably just stick to discussing how much I like the game for now instead of wringing every drop of life from it over the next two weeks. Maybe if I can come up with a way to have a playthrough as wildly different from my first one as possible.

Really what I know I'm going to do someday is do another playthrough that's a lot like my first one but more. Lean even more into the things I liked about the way the story went, try to be a little more gonzo and weird, all that stuff.

Though I also really can't stop thinking about this game. It's so good.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 21, 2019

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
I've just beaten the game and I'm sad to say how disappointed I was to realize how short it actually is.
I've spent all my skill points on ideas until I had several generating xp like crazy since I was expecting things would last way longer, but nope it just ends and now all those failed checks are now in vain.

I really wanted to hang with cop gang :(:

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Kim is such a good loving character. He's both exactly what he appears to be and also surprisingly three-dimensional / complex, that's tough to pull off. I'm gonna be so sad whenever I piss him off in another play-through for the achievement.

And Harrow, same. I think I'm coming towards the endgame and I'm already trying to talk myself into not immediately starting over after. I know a bit of time will make my second run more fun... but I'm not sure I can pass the volition check to not jump right back in.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Some things I'm curious about regarding reactivity. Both of these are late-game spoilers:

1. Can Kim die in the shootout if you fail the Authority check to get him to look behind him, or does he just get injured?

2. Do people always call you the "can-opener" and say that you can pry information out of anyone, or does that only happen if you really dig into playing that way? That's how I played Harry in my first playthrough so it felt very true when people were like, "They call you the can-opener because you can pry information out of anyone and you never, ever stop." Hell, I spent almost all of day 2 ping-ponging between Klaasje and Titus, playing them off each other and slowly opening them both up completely by the end of the day.

Digital Osmosis posted:

Kim is such a good loving character. He's both exactly what he appears to be and also surprisingly three-dimensional / complex, that's tough to pull off. I'm gonna be so sad whenever I piss him off in another play-through for the achievement.

God yes, Kim is so good. He's the kind of character that could've really been fumbled and just been boring and a drag on the story, but it turns out he's got a ton of life in him. Somehow he's both a coherent character and a perfect foil to your own character no matter how you play.

Everything in the game that lets you and Kim become friends who trust each other feels so good, too. Seeing the (late game spoilers) "Kim trusts you" and "Kim really trusts you" modifiers on the Authority check to save him in the shootout made me feel all warm even in the middle of a disaster.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 21, 2019

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Kim told me he was a member of the HOMO-SEXUAL UNDERGROUND but it's not mentioned anywhere else beyond his knowledge of anal beads.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Where do I find magnesium to cure my hangover? Someone mentioned it once but I forgot.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

hemale in pain posted:

Kim told me he was a member of the HOMO-SEXUAL UNDERGROUND but it's not mentioned anywhere else beyond his knowledge of anal beads.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Oh my god is the bookstore cursed and haunted because of GAME DEV?!

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ha, I got the jackets but didn't make that connection.

also kim refused to wear the jacket :(

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I am not all the way through the game yet, and this is likely 100% wrong, but one of my working theories was that Cunosse was the one who was raped and the union guys retaliated and/or covered for her killing him. This would explain why she's always hiding from the body behind the fence and dodgy with the cops. She exerts (regains) control with Cuno who is in turn pelting the hanged man with rocks with her encouragement. Cuno knows that she's a murderer, but otherwise doesn't seem to know much about her. It could be that the union guys paid Cuno to keep an eye on her for her protection, which also distances her from the union crew who willingly take the fall.

I think it's turning out wrong, but I just enjoy the fact that the game is deep enough that I can even create theories as to what happened or what the motivations and behaviors of the characters are about.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Welp I had been playing at my parents house on my old computer because I was staying there for a week while I did drill but now that I'm back in my apartment an ocean away I find that just one saved was transfered to the cloud and its in day 1. Might as well restart I guess

Should I recreate my highly empathic supernaturally attuned sad cop or should I go muscle head full authoritarian turbocop?

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Oct 21, 2019

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Harrow posted:

I'm going to really love revisiting this game for another playthrough in a year or so. I feel the urge to keep playing but I know if I follow that urge and do a couple more rapid-fire playthroughs I won't find them as satisfying as I found my first one, so I should probably just stick to discussing how much I like the game for now instead of wringing every drop of life from it over the next two weeks. Maybe if I can come up with a way to have a playthrough as wildly different from my first one as possible.

Really what I know I'm going to do someday is do another playthrough that's a lot like my first one but more. Lean even more into the things I liked about the way the story went, try to be a little more gonzo and weird, all that stuff.

Though I also really can't stop thinking about this game. It's so good.

I finished the game today, and while my next playthrough won't be that far in the future, I'm still going to take a break and cleanse my palate a bit with Borderlands 3 or someshit. Probably gonna start some kinda crazy physique cop game in a week or two.

I wish I could write up a bigger post on my thoughts about this game, but I just don't know where to start and I'm still kind of in a daze over everything. This game has been an incredible experience, but I feel like the sheer volume of different thoughts and feelings has kinda frazzled my brain a little. Hopefully I'll manage more words once I've mulled things over for a while.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I wish the peninsula area didn't exist

everyone also thinks that in character too, but it's kind of rubbish as a game aspect.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

One thing I wasn't expecting is how much Disco Elysium makes me want to start writing fiction again. It's been so long.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Should I recreate my highly empathic supernaturally attuned sad cop or should I go muscle head full authoritarian turbocop?

I did the first (or something much like it) for my first playthrough and found it very satisfying.

Nordick posted:

I finished the game today, and while my next playthrough won't be that far in the future, I'm still going to take a break and cleanse my palate a bit with Borderlands 3 or someshit. Probably gonna start some kinda crazy physique cop game in a week or two.

I wish I could write up a bigger post on my thoughts about this game, but I just don't know where to start and I'm still kind of in a daze over everything. This game has been an incredible experience, but I feel like the sheer volume of different thoughts and feelings has kinda frazzled my brain a little. Hopefully I'll manage more words once I've mulled things over for a while.

Yeah, I feel the same way. I'm happy to just throw out comments about things I like but I need some more time to mull over it before I can say anything actually intelligent about it. The last quarter of the game made me feel a lot of things and think a lot of things and it was all very satisfying. At some point I'll gather those thoughts and write them down, even if only just for myself.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

I did find one effect of completing the HOMO-Sexual Underground thought: When it's complete you can talk to Kim about it, and obsess about his sexuality instead of yours. If you press him on it he'll admit to being a member of the HOMO-Sexual Underground.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

You don't need to mess with cheat engine or anything to break the game, old fashioned save editing does the trick. The saves are in Appdata/Locallow under the studios name, saved as zip files. Open one up, take the .JSON file out, edit in notepad++ (skill points/stats is about line 1000), put JSON back in zip, and load save. Tada, one OP character.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A nice little touch I enjoy is how, if you mouse over Thought Cabinet ideas or clothes and look at the skill bonuses and penalties they give, there's always a little blurb that contextualizes/explains why each bonus/penalty exists. Those little blurbs are often pretty fun.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
This game really makes me want a Mr. Robot RPG. poo poo, I think I have my next playthrough build.

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Harrow posted:

A nice little touch I enjoy is how, if you mouse over Thought Cabinet ideas or clothes and look at the skill bonuses and penalties they give, there's always a little blurb that contextualizes/explains why each bonus/penalty exists. Those little blurbs are often pretty fun.

+1 Conceptualization: "What is polo?"
-1 Encyclopedia: "No, seriously, what is polo?"

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
Five minutes in, talked to my own brain stem, had a heart attack trying to reach a ceiling fan, received a quest to find my other shoe.

game is cool

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Harrow posted:

What is Polo?

No, but seriously... what the gently caress is Polo?

BlondRobin posted:

Dammit :arghfist:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Seconding the empathic sad cop being very satisfying to play.

itry fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 21, 2019

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

So I missed all the hype on this game as I was on vacation and relatively low internet for a few weeks; reading the thread it looks extremely like I should get and play this. Only issue is - my desktop is pretty old and my processor is below min spec. Looking at general benchmarks I’m thinking it’ll still work as it’s not that far behind the minimum? I don’t see myself having the time to sort out a computer upgrade for a couple of months and I’d like to get to being a hot mess of a cop ASAP.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Does your computer run the other Unity stuff?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ideas for sequel:

Kim and Harry start a band. Kim will be the drummer.

Kim and Harry pimp a ride.

Harry solves the square bullet hole murders.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Megazver posted:

Does your computer run the other Unity stuff?

Yeah, I’ve played some recent Unity games without much issue. I’ll probably pick it up and give it a try tonight, worst case is that I’ll finally be motivated to upgrade.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I'm investigating the drug trade for Joyce. Talked to the palerider, poet guy, racist guy, shoe seller. I have identified the green lorry but all I can do is look in the window or try the handle. Neither leads anywhere.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

barkbell posted:

I'm investigating the drug trade for Joyce. Talked to the palerider, poet guy, racist guy, shoe seller. I have identified the green lorry but all I can do is look in the window or try the handle. Neither leads anywhere.
Have you found out which one was closer to the suspect and may have the key?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Ayndin posted:

So I missed all the hype on this game as I was on vacation and relatively low internet for a few weeks; reading the thread it looks extremely like I should get and play this. Only issue is - my desktop is pretty old and my processor is below min spec. Looking at general benchmarks I’m thinking it’ll still work as it’s not that far behind the minimum? I don’t see myself having the time to sort out a computer upgrade for a couple of months and I’d like to get to being a hot mess of a cop ASAP.

Honestly I have no idea where they pull that minimum processor requirement from. I have an i5-6500 and the game runs flawlessly.

BlondRobin posted:

For some reason my favourite is Art Cop's "-1 Perception: Can't even look at this poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So I'm about 10 hours in, still early on Day 2. My main overriding thought so far is that this game is so many leagues beyond anything else in regards to writing, that I feel like I'm playing what should be the future of RPGs right here. This should be mentioned in every discussion about the best/most classic RPGs along with Fallout/Ultima/Baldur's Gate, etc.

Also, I have a feeling that this game is going to leave me feeling kind of empty when it's over, just like Dreamfall did.