Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

My favorite Doomsday Prepper is the guy showing off his personal arsenal on the show, but it turns out he has felony convictions and is (surprise!) forbidden by law to possess firearms. And this galaxy brain went on national TV to show off all his firearms. It did not end well for him.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/buckley-man-doomsday-preppers-arrested-illegal-fir/82210762

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

My favorite Doomsday Prepper is the guy showing off his personal arsenal on the show, but it turns out he has felony convictions and is (surprise!) forbidden by law to possess firearms. And this galaxy brain went on national TV to show off all his firearms. It did not end well for him.

https://www.kiro7.com/news/buckley-man-doomsday-preppers-arrested-illegal-fir/82210762

lol

Smith is a level one sex offender following his conviction in King county in 2009, but he has not registered with law enforcement since his move to Pierce county. Troyer said he could face an additional charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

etalian posted:

lol

Smith is a level one sex offender following his conviction in King county in 2009, but he has not registered with law enforcement since his move to Pierce county. Troyer said he could face an additional charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

so did anyone from the tv show ask him why his "fallout shelter" needed doors that locked from the outside?

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lmao of course he was from Buckley

Regular reminder that this is what the US is like once you get 10 miles away from any metropolitan area.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Kitfox88 posted:

yeah weirdly enough it turns out being a social pack species that can communicate and work together incredibly effectively is one of the reasons humanity's made it this far. it's part of why it's always half lol half infuriating when those SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST NO KINDNESS ALPHA PACK people get any attention

I've heard more than a couple zombie hunter prepper types smirking about how they only need to stockpile guns because come the Purge they're gonna just roll over to their Mormon neighbor's house and rob them of their food stores and lmao motherfucker what do you think those guys are gonna be doing the instant it's open season on guys who never bothered get a congregation

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I've heard more than a couple zombie hunter prepper types smirking about how they only need to stockpile guns because come the Purge they're gonna just roll over to their Mormon neighbor's house and rob them of their food stores and lmao motherfucker what do you think those guys are gonna be doing the instant it's open season on guys who never bothered get a congregation

no see they'll turn into ding fuckin' chavez and start mowing down these minoritiesthugs who have come

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i saw a prepper show the other night and the guy armed his little girls

he pretended to be an invadergovernment employee and kicked over their trip wire sneaking into their property and this little girl was screaming to put his arms in the air while aiming a gun at him

had to turn the channel, it made me feel ill knowing this dude or one of his kids is probably already dead from doing stupid poo poo and a round going off

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Philthy posted:

i saw a prepper show the other night and the guy armed his little girls

he pretended to be an invadergovernment employee and kicked over their trip wire sneaking into their property and this little girl was screaming to put his arms in the air while aiming a gun at him

had to turn the channel, it made me feel ill knowing this dude or one of his kids is probably already dead from doing stupid poo poo and a round going off

There are a lot, lot, lot of people who don't respect what guns can do. About a decade ago there was a video circulating on the internet of some gun range idiot dying after he let a 9-year old girl shoot a fully automatic Uzi and the recoil got away from her.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
it was a firing range instructor who told a 9 year old to go "full auto". yeah

so do you get brain diseased before or after you really get into guns?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Suspicious posted:

Firing ranges are some of the most lead-contaminated places in America.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

FMguru posted:

Firing ranges are some of the most lead-contaminated places in America.

beside classrooms?

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Laterite posted:

lmao of course he was from Buckley

Regular reminder that this is what the US is like once you get 10 miles away from any metropolitan area.

Hey, say what you will about Buckley, but at least it will be wiped out immediately when the mountain goes

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Noblesse Obliged posted:

beside classrooms?

He already said firing ranges.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

shirts and skins posted:

Hey, say what you will about Buckley, but at least it will be wiped out immediately when the mountain goes

Wait, Buckley WA?

Lol place is redneck pure. Source: I have a couple of acquaintances there.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Suspicious posted:

I remember this. The "instructor" was a teenager.

The center where it was held said they weren't at fault because they just hosted the event.
The teen said he wasn't at fault because he wasn't trained and the father really insisted.
The people who owned the booth said they weren't at fault because the kid running it wasn't trained and that's not their responsibility it was the gun manufacturer.
the gun manufacturer said the gun functioned as designed.
I think at the end the only person not absolved of any wrongdoing was the child. Other than her stupid child decisions the entire day went off without a hitch.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

InsertPotPun posted:

The center where it was held said they weren't at fault because they just hosted the event.
The teen said he wasn't at fault because he wasn't trained and the father really insisted.
The people who owned the booth said they weren't at fault because the kid running it wasn't trained and that's not their responsibility it was the gun manufacturer.
I think at the end the only person not absolved of any wrongdoing was the child. Other than her stupid child decisions the entire day went off without a hitch.

american accountability is loving tiring. see also any tv lawyer ad and theres a tiny novel full of catches at the bottom. loving even a veggie burger commercial has poo poo in it about how its not 100 percent vegetable

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

InsertPotPun posted:

It's the father's fault for taking his child to a loving firing range, what an idiot

I'm a grown man, and I would still be overly cautious at the Army firing ranges, which have so many safety checks, it would bore you to death

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ElGroucho posted:

It's the father's fault for taking his child to a loving firing range, what an idiot

It's absolutely this.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TotalLossBrain posted:

Wait, Buckley WA?

Lol place is redneck pure. Source: I have a couple of acquaintances there.

Yeah, it's on the banks of the White River, right in the lahar zone for Rainier. It has tsunami-style sirens for eruptions. Doubt they'd do a ton of good, but maybe they'll save some alert enough people.

But yeah, people stuck on red state/blue state stereotypes who think all of Washington = Seattle should take a quick drive to the foothills, it gets redneck quick. MAI WIFE is from a little ways north of there and her high school had plenty of cars flying the stars and bars. gently caress those people, and thank God they're outnumbered.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, it's on the banks of the White River, right in the lahar zone for Rainier. It has tsunami-style sirens for eruptions. Doubt they'd do a ton of good, but maybe they'll save some alert enough people.

But yeah, people stuck on red state/blue state stereotypes who think all of Washington = Seattle should take a quick drive to the foothills, it gets redneck quick. MAI WIFE is from a little ways north of there and her high school had plenty of cars flying the stars and bars. gently caress those people, and thank God they're outnumbered.

Yeah I worked out of Forks Washington for a bit and if you put it next to some town from Georgia that's the same size you wouldn't be able to tell the difference until you noticed the twilight tourist stuff

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

He was 39 and worked there for almost 2 years. Pretty much no one was held accountable, but many attempts to pass legislation were tried.

The main takeaway being "How loving dumb are you as a parent to let a kid shoot a fully automatic weapon?" but I guess no one really cared because you can still do it afaik.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I've lived in a couple small Eastern Washington towns for a couple of years and it's definitely all old farmers, working poor, and Christian fundamentalists. I saw a lot of hurt caused by these attitudes just in my two years there.
I've spent most of the past twenty years in the Richland/Kennewick/Pasco area though. Someone upthread mentioned that it's not really the rural poor you have to worry about but the urban bourgie gun fetishists driving bro trucks and Harleys. And this area is chock full of them. It's pretty baffling - at over 200k people, it's a major metro area but it's all flat and not really concentrated anywhere. Lots of money due to over half a century of big Federal dollars rolling into Hanford and the National Lab and also the Energy Northwest Nuke plant. And the area still votes solidly red. IDGI

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Philthy posted:

He was 39 and worked there for almost 2 years. Pretty much no one was held accountable, but many attempts to pass legislation were tried.
You're right, I was thinking of a different incident
https://abcnews.go.com/US/father-christopher-bizilj-died-firing-uzi-urged-son/story?id=12565132

quote:

The teenager who worked at a gun show where 8-year-old Christopher Bizilj accidentally killed himself while shooting an Uzi testified today he twice suggested the boy's father pick a less powerful weapon for the boy to shoot.
Everyone blamed everyone else and no one was at fault except the stupid kid who decided to shoot the gun.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Voters for the party of personal responsibility

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

InsertPotPun posted:

You're right, I was thinking of a different incident
https://abcnews.go.com/US/father-christopher-bizilj-died-firing-uzi-urged-son/story?id=12565132

Everyone blamed everyone else and no one was at fault except the stupid kid who decided to shoot the gun.

Not surprised at the confusion at this point.

jfc that story

Edit: After a lot of digging it looks like the father did get $700k from the gun club as a civil lawsuit settlement.

Philthy has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Oct 21, 2019

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
nothing in the 2nd amendment that says 8 year olds don’t have the right to bear uzis

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Imagine being so unamerican as to want die by any method besides being shot by a small child.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

ikanreed posted:

Imagine being so unamerican as to want die by any method besides being shot by a small child.

hey pal, i wanted to die at the hands of a child AND beside them, so I became a teacher

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Philthy posted:

The main takeaway being "How loving dumb are you as a parent to let a kid shoot a fully automatic weapon?" but I guess no one really cared because you can still do it afaik.

there is a whole Thing in gun culture of giving women/kids who've never shot before some doofy gimmick gun with way too much loving recoil so they can hyuk it up when they injure themselves, the only reason this particular fatality was newsworthy was because FA guns are kinda exotic

this is more or less the entire basis of the market for S&W 500s
https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2013/11/07/negligent-suicide-with-a-500-smith-wesson-revolver/
https://www.military.com/video/guns/recoil/girl-double-taps-sw-500-revolver/1255361250001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbNazjkt-uE

A Wizard of Goatse has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Oct 21, 2019

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

coincidentally, a 4 year old just shot her dad AND herself. america is wild, y'all. both are alive and expected to survive.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/4-year-old-milwaukee-girl-accidentally-shoots-father-herself-n1069581

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

And the father is being arrested for lying about how it happened, so that sounds about right.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Eat This Glob posted:

both are alive and expected to survive.

that is some weak-rear end, beta-level shooting if you ask me.

We need skulls for the skull fortress.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 215 days!
Why make your kids wait until they're old and broken to commit suicide with a gun?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

that is some weak-rear end, beta-level shooting if you ask me.

We need skulls for the skull fortress.

she's young and learning, so please be patient. she may step into some big shoes and really shatter the glass ceiling...with a hail of gunfire and we'll all be "columb-who killers???" :unsmith:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

TotalLossBrain posted:

I've lived in a couple small Eastern Washington towns for a couple of years and it's definitely all old farmers, working poor, and Christian fundamentalists. I saw a lot of hurt caused by these attitudes just in my two years there.
I've spent most of the past twenty years in the Richland/Kennewick/Pasco area though. Someone upthread mentioned that it's not really the rural poor you have to worry about but the urban bourgie gun fetishists driving bro trucks and Harleys. And this area is chock full of them. It's pretty baffling - at over 200k people, it's a major metro area but it's all flat and not really concentrated anywhere. Lots of money due to over half a century of big Federal dollars rolling into Hanford and the National Lab and also the Energy Northwest Nuke plant. And the area still votes solidly red. IDGI

Let's go Bombers!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

shirts and skins posted:

Let's go Bombers!

This is still a big issue. A few attempts have been made over the years to change the logo or change the name, but no. Boomer energy is strong.

Also Mad Dog Mattis is from here and shows up at the local donut joint occasionally. I wonder what his reputation here will be now that he's dissed the orange turd.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

This is still a big issue. A few attempts have been made over the years to change the logo or change the name, but no. Boomer energy is strong.

Also Mad Dog Mattis is from here and shows up at the local donut joint occasionally. I wonder what his reputation here will be now that he's dissed the orange turd.

i went to a school that treats native people as mascots. when the district reorganized because it absorbed another, smaller district, they thought up a few new mascot options and nope. gonna stick with the native name. Despite it being the second decade of the 21st century, my old-rear end, trump-loving county stuck with "tradition." Now a generation after i left, white kids still doing the tomahawk chop, but now they do it in maga hats

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

nothing in the 2nd amendment that says 8 year olds don’t have the right to bear uzis

shall not be infringed!

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

I went to hs in Spokane in the 90s and I remember when we went to Richland high for a basketball tournament I was flabbergasted by their team name and logo. Gotta have a certain amount of respect though that their essentially saying they'll unleash Armageddon on you to win though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Shaffness posted:

I went to hs in Spokane in the 90s and I remember when we went to Richland high for a basketball tournament I was flabbergasted by their team name and logo. Gotta have a certain amount of respect though that their essentially saying they'll unleash Armageddon on you to win though.

One of the more well-known gay wedding cake cases (Baronelle Stutzman) originated at a shop right across Richland HS. Of course.