Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Nagy did some dumbass "gotta put the horse blinders on and block out negativity blah blah" speech and it inspired Cohen and Robinson to pick fights with media members on Twitter

https://twitter.com/TarikCohen/status/1186114284444618752

https://twitter.com/AllenRobinson/status/1186132643802468352

Not surprised that they're touchy because it's the playcalling, the Oline, and Trubs but they can't say anything about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Eh

I don't know what the hell is being said down there.

Tone policing how someone should act just because they are losing without any additional context is the stupidest poo poo that sports media do.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
Tarik's definitely comes off more as him saying it's not a big deal and them poking fun about his height doesn't bother him so it doesn't need to be a big thing. Sports media sucks 100% of the time, let players have fun on twitter.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I'm honestly surprised we haven't started hearing concerns over Mitch's ~body language~

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

fishing with the fam posted:

I'm honestly surprised we haven't started hearing concerns over Mitch's ~body language~

Don't have to when he's just flat out Bad

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/PhilMackey/status/1186265524776394754

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Well, this can only end well for the Vikings. They definitely should NOT feel an impending sense of dread

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Well Vikings have a hopefully easy time on the short week with Redskins at home. Huge road tests after that though at KC and at Dallas. KC is susceptible if Mahomes is still out (probably) and Dallas is winnable.

:orks101:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
That was a mighty fine game to attend in person, mighty fine. Couldn't have asked for a better first game and everyone sitting around us was incredibly nice, even the Oakland fans so that was cool. It's seriously amazing watching Rodgers do his thing in person. Seeing the action play out live just gives you a whole new appreciation for just how insanely difficult it must be to play at an NFL level. I loved every second of being there, definitely gonna go again.

As for the pack themselves, dear god does our run defense suck. The middle of the field is usually wide open and Jacobs was constantly getting to the second level. Nobody could seem to actually tackle him at times. I think there were a few runs where like 4 or 5 dudes couldn't bring him down so we really need to work on tackling. I'm almost of the mind that getting Savage back will do more for the team than getting Adams back, but with some luck both of them will be back against KC next week. I could see them resting Adams one more week though. It felt like Oakland was moving the ball almost as well as we were but just couldn't come away with points.

It's awesome to see the offense coming together now though. It really felt like it would take until like week 6 or 7 to really start clicking and that appears to be the case. If this was a glimpse of things to come I think we could really make a deep run. Obv it's a little early to get that expectant but we are definitely doing better than I ever expected. We've got a pretty brutal stretch of road games now so it will be an excellent test of just what this team is made of. It's getting hard not to get excited for what might happen.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The Vikings now have a point differential of +69

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nice

Third highest Point Differential in the NFL, too

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Oct 21, 2019

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Yeah Savage is incredibly important to the defense. Their weakness is still middle linebacker and Savage helps cover for their lack of speed. Blake Martinez is by far the most overrated Packer. He’s basically AJ Hawk, master of the 5 yard gain tackle. If they keep him man I hope it is on the cheaper end.

OT to replace Bulaga, MLB, then shifty slot receiver in the third would be a tremendous draft next year as that would fill the only real holes the team will have.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Anyway lmao Cody Parkey

https://twitter.com/ESPNMichele/status/1186047864021102597

It's actually quite impressive

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
A musical tribute to all the Lions fans out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYMiM9cV0fs

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Pokemaster #421 posted:

That was a mighty fine game to attend in person, mighty fine. Couldn't have asked for a better first game and everyone sitting around us was incredibly nice, even the Oakland fans so that was cool. It's seriously amazing watching Rodgers do his thing in person.

Hell yeah, that was an awesome game to see live. There was a group of Oakland fans from California in front of us and we were constantly heckling each other back and forth, but every time either team scored we gave each other high fives, and at the end of the game we all shook each other's hands and talked about how fun it was :3:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
On the other hand you should definitely not respond to any media person who does the stupid reaction policing

Because it never ends well for you.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Conversely, I had a somewhat mixed experience at Lambeau for the MNF game vs. DET.

1) My partner and I were unaware of the allowable handbag dimensions to get through security, and had to throw out her purse after emptying it's contents into one of those clear zip up bags for sale. The purse barely exceeded the size limits. I get that this is mostly on us as we didn't properly research the carry in policy, but I would have expected at least a little more advertising or exposure on what was expected.

2) We were seated next to an incredibly drunk DET fan in his late 20's (we are in our mid 30s so I'm not a complete old fuddy duddy) who couldn't get a ticket with his group sitting some 5 rows away (we were seated in the Oneida gate end-zone, row 11). Real nasty fucker who talked a lot of poo poo and was obnoxiously heckling Packer fans and kept spouting "Oh, you hate to see it!" whenever something went DETs way, and would try to get high-fives from grayhaired Packer fans when there was a Packer turnover. Made me spill my beer too when he came barreling pack into the stands after a beer run. You would expect some good natured poo poo talking but this seemed beyond the pale to me.

Otherwise it was an awesome experience attending my first ever NFL game and having it be at Lambeau. My biggest impression was just how much faster the action really is when you see it live, and just how hard it ease to see down the field. How Rodgers and Stafford were able to make those deep throws and able to see over all the poo poo going on at the LoS was really something else.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Let's see, does this embed?

Nope, oh well

Don't Mock the Belt 3.0

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Oct 21, 2019

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

2) We were seated next to an incredibly drunk DET fan in his late 20's (we are in our mid 30s so I'm not a complete old fuddy duddy) who couldn't get a ticket with his group sitting some 5 rows away (we were seated in the Oneida gate end-zone, row 11). Real nasty fucker who talked a lot of poo poo and was obnoxiously heckling Packer fans and kept spouting "Oh, you hate to see it!" whenever something went DETs way, and would try to get high-fives from grayhaired Packer fans when there was a Packer turnover. Made me spill my beer too when he came barreling pack into the stands after a beer run. You would expect some good natured poo poo talking but this seemed beyond the pale to me.

Call stadium security and get him kicked out. I learned this lesson the hard way but like... it's a NFL game. You paid hundreds of dollars to be there. If a drunk fan is being super loving annoying just text or w/e stadium security and they will take care of it. NFL games are a marginal experience over staying at home anyway and this type of thing completely ruins the game not just for you but everyone around you. The stadium folks are, without reservation, going to kick him out or at least get him to shut up. The team doesnt want drunk people ruining the experience either.

adaz fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 21, 2019

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Let's see, does this embed?

Nope, oh well

Don't Mock the Belt 3.0

Now this is the kind of quality content we all come to this thread for.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Anti-Hero posted:

Conversely, I had a somewhat mixed experience at Lambeau for the MNF game vs. DET.

1) My partner and I were unaware of the allowable handbag dimensions to get through security, and had to throw out her purse after emptying it's contents into one of those clear zip up bags for sale. The purse barely exceeded the size limits. I get that this is mostly on us as we didn't properly research the carry in policy, but I would have expected at least a little more advertising or exposure on what was expected.

That's weird as hell. Did they make you throw it out? Couldn't you just drop it back off at the car, or were you parked pretty far away?

Also the lady in front of me had a small-medium sized transparent backpack and they let her in with it yesterday :shrug:

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

BGrifter posted:

Now this is the kind of quality content we all come to this thread for.

Much better than those lovely fan songs, and much shorter, too. :dong:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

LabyaMynora posted:

Much better than those lovely fan songs, and much shorter, too. :dong:

You have no poetry in your soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE6pe0gHSfM&time_continue=23

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

schmitty9800 posted:

Nagy did some dumbass "gotta put the horse blinders on and block out negativity blah blah" speech and it inspired Cohen and Robinson to pick fights with media members on Twitter

https://twitter.com/TarikCohen/status/1186114284444618752

https://twitter.com/AllenRobinson/status/1186132643802468352

Not surprised that they're touchy because it's the playcalling, the Oline, and Trubs but they can't say anything about that

any player, really any person in any situation, telling Barstool to shut the gently caress up is good

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AguPH0XBxdw&t

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Anti-Hero posted:

Good guy. Sounds like a good guy.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

MJeff posted:

Good guy. Sounds like a good guy.

No! You’re a Packers fan now. He’s a bad guy. Get ‘em MJeff!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I couldn't think of any funny way to spin that as a gimmick so I'm giving up on it. I'm sorry I let you all down.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/OnionSports/status/1186370899919982603?s=19

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Pokemaster #421 posted:

That was a mighty fine game to attend in person, mighty fine. Couldn't have asked for a better first game and everyone sitting around us was incredibly nice, even the Oakland fans so that was cool. It's seriously amazing watching Rodgers do his thing in person. Seeing the action play out live just gives you a whole new appreciation for just how insanely difficult it must be to play at an NFL level. I loved every second of being there, definitely gonna go again.

I went to the Bears game.

The loudest the crowd got was booing the offense, and the incredibly drunk guy next to me took his sneakers off and threw them down the stairs in disgust.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

MJeff posted:

I couldn't think of any funny way to spin that as a gimmick so I'm giving up on it. I'm sorry I let you all down.

Could have gone with

You hate to see it!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

GNU Order posted:

the incredibly drunk guy next to me took his sneakers off and threw them down the stairs in disgust.

This owns.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

GNU Order posted:

The loudest the crowd got was booing the offense, and the incredibly drunk guy next to me took his sneakers off and threw them down the stairs in disgust.

I want to imagine this is the guy who threw his shoes at Bush, going from place to place letting his disgust with bad things be known.

The hero we need not what we deserve.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

GNU Order posted:

He threw it on the grounnnnnnnnd. He’s not going to be part of your system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Just another day at the office for the most accurate kicker in the NFL

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

GNU Order posted:

I was there too, it was easily loudest for Patterson's TD, but yeah toward the end it got brutal. Even moreso because the stands emptied out halfway through the 4th quarter and it was still plenty loud.

It actually did salvage the game somewhat since we got to move to better seats and watch the spectacle of 2 back to back on-side kick attempts and then yell loudly about the refs stealing the precious seconds we needed to make a comeback lol

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The inspiration for my custom title :love:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Bring back GOOMF and SportsDome you fuckign cowards!!!

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Prophetic, but also expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

"have you ever been king of ANYTHING?? that's what I thought now shut your goddamn mouth"

-cody parkey