Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

lancemantis posted:

I honestly deserve to be at least second in line to go up against the wall

It causes me anxiety and guilt on the regular but I don’t know how to escape

oh no the money is good, however do I escape this hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ShiraOvide/status/1186430852399583237

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

T-man posted:

While I'm much, much more in favour of complete nonviolence, before and after the gay agenda revolution, I think "has never ordered or partook war crimes" is a belt you can wear. If you're on the right side of that you'll be fine because we have a lot of people still around that aren't.

yeah p much. the typical "working" professional even if they're paid well is still exploited heavily under capitalism unless they make most of their wealth thrrough unearned income, e.g. being given money begets money without any merits othe than just having money. you can feel bad you still earn a lot more than other people, but thats how they destroy solidarity and atomize people. i guarantee no matter how well paid for a programmer or doctor you think you are, it's still loving peanuts compared to the actual Rich class

the actual guillotine order list:
1. the rich 1%
2. war crimes and warcrime adjuncts
3. anyone whose ever been racist/homo/transphobic against another person regardless of wealth
4. cry-face emoji users
5. white people

everyone else is a-ok

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
you forgot landlords.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

False advertising, that's a book, not books plural

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It contains multitudes

It's also the potato salad of Amazon and probably has tons of tryhard copycats

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Xaris posted:

3. anyone whose ever been racist/homo/transphobic against another person regardless of wealth

lol yeah anyone who has ever been a meanie to anyone else surely deserves death right after the war criminals.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

other people posted:

lol yeah anyone who has ever been a meanie to anyone else surely deserves death right after the war criminals.

Can't have class solidarity without inclusion, friend

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Xand_Man posted:

False advertising, that's a book, not books plural

its not false advertising it's a work of fiction

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

They have a summit lmao

Who's going to DaddyCon this year

lol all this could be achieved through redistributive tax policy without literally getting hosed we are a garbage society

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Are these poor bastards even still being paid?

Man, most companies just fold overnight without telling anyone as the C-level staff disappear with 7 figure parachutes and everyone loses their livelihoods.

At least with this, the staff are getting enough warning to run like hell.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/verge/status/1186656033269342208

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

issue: delivery people require wages

cappitalism: remove the "people" from deliveries

result: wheelchair bound people are left stuck in oncoming traffic

(thread)
https://twitter.com/EmilyEAckerman/status/1186363305851576321?s=20

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Eat This Glob posted:

(thread)

We Are The Space Robots is a documentary

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Xaris posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

lol yep

i don't think there's a single one of us who didn't say something ignorant and hateful before we learned better. i used to be one of those "trans are okay but there are only two genders" shitlibs until i realized i was trans and started talking to actual enby people.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Eat This Glob posted:

(thread)

:lol:

https://twitter.com/Winnfrith1/status/1186657380450394113

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Anyone who doesn't kick one of these onto its side is a cop.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Eat This Glob posted:

(thread)

it is your civic duty to flip these sideways whenever you see them.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Those things are bound to have some very pricey components and fun design, shame if they started disappearing near electronics nerds.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
loving the biggest moron brains in that article too

they just dont see the core problem being capitalism

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
The robots are obviously bad but lol what is this person saying about being trapped in their wheelchair by one? Like how.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Chomp8645 posted:

The robots are obviously bad but lol what is this person saying about being trapped in their wheelchair by one? Like how.

if they run it over the militarized police will brutalize them because they committed the biggest of sins by destroying capitalist property, op

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Chomp8645 posted:

https://twitter.com/EmilyEAckerman/status/1186363312902197248

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Chomp8645 posted:

it was blocking the curb and she was in the crosswalk so she couldn't get up onto the sidewalk

T-man posted:

Those things are bound to have some very pricey components and fun design, shame if they started disappearing near electronics nerds.

nah they'll track it right to you, just come up from its blind spot and push it into a ditch

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

I'm all about disabling, hijacking, and/or redistributing these like the scooters thing, but can we please not throw them en masse into waterways and other bodies of water?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm going to kidnap the courier bots, install gryoblades on them, and fly them to Hong Kong to air drop humanitarian supplies.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Chomp8645 posted:

not to belabor the point as others have answered it, but here's another tweet by her expounding on the issue

https://twitter.com/EmilyEAckerman/status/1186363315888578560?s=20

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Eat This Glob posted:

not to belabor the point as others have answered it, but here's another tweet by her expounding on the issue

https://twitter.com/EmilyEAckerman/status/1186363315888578560?s=20

It sounds like this person got into a standoff with a delivery bot. Like they got stuck in the road, they can't/won't move the bot, the bot won't move because it's sensor registers an object in the way. So they just pull out their phone and start tweeting about it lol.

Probably shouldn't laugh but oh my god that's funny. Like how long did this go on for? I'm imaging someone just sitting there staring down the robot, tweeting, while cars start doing around for twenty minutes until some passerby nonchalantly flips the bot over and keeps walking.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Chomp8645 posted:

It sounds like this person got into a standoff with a delivery bot. Like they got stuck in the road, they can't/won't move the bot, the bot won't move because it's sensor registers an object in the way. So they just pull out their phone and start tweeting about it lol.

Probably shouldn't laugh but oh my god that's funny. Like how long did this go on for? I'm imaging someone just sitting there staring down the robot, tweeting, while cars start doing around for twenty minutes until some passerby nonchalantly flips the bot over and keeps walking.

this wasn't a livetweeting, she used the present tense because it's a reoccurring problem. don't be dense.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Chomp8645 posted:

Uh dude I hope you never have a mobility issue because it's worlds different than "just go around."

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

razorrozar posted:

this wasn't a livetweeting, she used the present tense because it's a reoccurring problem. don't be dense.

Oh yeah, I misread it. She wrote "in the moment" but somehow I saw "at this moment", like she was live tweeting while staring it down or something.

Whoops.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

internet and reality are intersecting, I know that woman. ain’t seen one of those bots yet though

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mushika posted:

I'm all about disabling, hijacking, and/or redistributing these like the scooters thing, but can we please not throw them en masse into waterways and other bodies of water?

no

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

razorrozar posted:

nah they'll track it right to you, just come up from its blind spot and push it into a ditch

GPS radios aren't magic, they need power to function. A mask, a voltmeter, and some wire snips in the right place will either make it unable to transmit or just dead. From there it's just a game of figuring out how it works and, if possible, reprogramming them to go to the nearest rich people place and bruise some silver spoon shins. This holds true to any robot left in public, it's just a game of hackers versus designers. And there's always more hackers.

The real scary poo poo is imagining what a terrorist organization can do with these things. It's almost like capitalists aren't worried about public safety more than profit!! :O

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
it would be a real shame and horrible terrorist act if someone rewired these with IEDs

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

it is your civic duty to flip these sideways whenever you see them.

https://twitter.com/inceltown/status/1150907786944925696

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

holy poo poo that caught me off guard and lols were had.

Do salt runes really work on these shitbots? drat Silicon Valley designers are bad at their job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

mycomancy posted:

holy poo poo that caught me off guard and lols were had.

Do salt runes really work on these shitbots? drat Silicon Valley designers are bad at their job.

This is specifically why I referred to salt runes.

e: rehosted