Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Regulation catches up to poo poo real fast if big industry feels threatened enough, although vaping seems to be the only big success story lately. Attempts to regulate wind farms and uber seem to have died in the rear end.

I think afterpay and zip pay are probably the only things keeping department stores and speciality retailers from posting massive losses right now, so you can expect the Liberals to gently caress it up some how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Richard di Natale went to hospital on Medicare and the Herald Sun is mad about it.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Graic Gabtar posted:

People gaming the now defunct Target toy sale nearly destroyed them. People would gamble on what would be popular come Christmas, buy multiples of each and wait. They would break lay-buys of dud purchases, buy only what they wanted and then sold their extra on eBay to pay for Christmas. Lay-buy also takes up an insane amount of dead floor space, packaging and handling. Also, return processes can be a bit abrasive with Afterpay so people are more likely than not to keep what they buy compared to cash/card.

I didn't know these people existed, but these people sound like the absolute worst.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

JBP posted:

Richard di Natale went to hospital on Medicare and the Herald Sun is mad about it.

Zenithe posted:

I didn't know these people existed, but these people sound like the absolute worst.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Clive Palmer company reapplies for mine four times size of Adani's Carmichael

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...py_to_clipboard

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

JBP posted:

If he went through the private system they'd say that he's a hypocrite and out of touch.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

JBP posted:

No way am I giving clicks to that garbage pile, how exactly are they mad about it?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Zenithe posted:

Maybe yes, maybe no. Christmas is hard for some people and if buying toys for your kids revolves atound lay-buy purchases it’s pretty easy to pick and exploit holes in the system.

The biggest problem is people who simply cancel their heavily discounted lay-buys.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Bargearse posted:

No way am I giving clicks to that garbage pile, how exactly are they mad about it?

Idk it's paywalled he's stealing taxes while rich I guess

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Rich people should be using the private health system to take the burden off the public system etc etc

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Massive protest outside QLD parliament by unions in solidarity with XR.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

JBP posted:

Idk it's paywalled he's stealing taxes while rich I guess

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Rich people should be using the private health system to take the burden off the public system etc etc

Sounds about right. When the media have already decided they don't like you, you just can't win.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Bargearse posted:

Sounds about right. When the media have already decided they don't like you, you just can't win.

In future years this will be referred to as "Getting The Shorten"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bill? Bill?!

Biiiiiiiiiilllll!

Honey what's wrong?

Sorry I had that dream that Labor lost the election again.

But Honey, Labor did lose the election.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllll!!!

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Rich people should be using the public system to encourage more resources to be put towards it.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
anidav, have you ever considered putting your charisma and devotion to the labour party to good use in service of your nation

you could be bill

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Whoever puts on the Bill costume becomes the Bill

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

That was a scary goosebumps book

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
remember when people liked albo lol

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts
Being John Malkovich Bill Shorten

Forced to live a life looking through Scott Morrison’s eyes.

Graic Gabtar fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Oct 22, 2019

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

swimsuit posted:

remember when people liked albo lol

Remember when people were overwhelmingly voting for the ALP

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Remember when people were overwhelmingly voting for the ALP

2007?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Remember when there was hope

Lmao

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

kirbysuperstar posted:

Remember when there was hope

Lmao

there never was

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
There’s a terrorgraph article about how the drought could impact people in Sydney... by having soy lattes be more expensive.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsAust/status/1186446802037268480?s=19

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's true

also, 7 years ago, a tweet

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anidav posted:

Bill? Bill?!

Biiiiiiiiiilllll!

Honey what's wrong?

Sorry I had that dream that Labor lost the election again.

But Honey, Labor did lose the election.

Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllll!!!

Jesus Christ, you are punishing.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

In a shock development, Sky News discovers water makes things wet

Edit : Oooooh so she said that about the time Jones made his "Father died of shame" comments about Gillard. Well. Interesting they removed that context

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 22, 2019

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
just spent twelve hard-working taxpayer dollars and eighty hard-working taxpayer cents on the worst loving chinese takeaway i have ever had in my loving life, will pauline save me from this

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

In a shock development, Sky News discovers water makes things wet

Edit : Oooooh so she said that about the time Jones made his "Father died of shame" comments about Gillard. Well. Interesting they removed that context

It’s such a pointless attack anyway. Literally no ones opinion on her will be changed by this. Either “that uppity feminist mum PM” of course is awful and said it or “hey I like her and she’s right”

Like who is pro Adern / anti Alan Jones and gets flipped by this news

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
Nobody needs to get flipped, it's just for the clicks and fighting in the comments.
~"Engagement"~

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
reckon pauline's chipshop had dimmies?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
Looks like Trudeau will hold Canada. The one time I'm happy to see the Liberals win an election.

(Yes I know he's problematic and far from perfect but if it's him or the Tories I know who I'm backing.)

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whitlam posted:

Looks like Trudeau will hold Canada. The one time I'm happy to see the Liberals win an election.

(Yes I know he's problematic and far from perfect but if it's him or the Tories I know who I'm backing.)

Could be a coalition with NDP which would be even better

Nanpa
Apr 24, 2007
Nap Ghost

teacup posted:

Like who is pro Adern / anti Alan Jones and gets flipped by this news

It's so that next time Alan Jones does, something disgusting boomers can cry that the victim is just one of those hypocritical lefties

See also any time someone concerned in the least about climate change interacts with society or uses a mobile phone

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Yeah it's that. They want a reason to dismiss criticism.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/asia/poverty-racked-indonesia-to-launch-pacific-focused-aid-program-20191021-p532ur.html

Here's an article about how Indonesia is planning to make a fund to help poorer nations in the Pacific, and help them. A good thing right?

Well the tag line of the article is "Indonesia is setting up an aid program worth about $60m a year to help Pacific island neighbours, even though it receives hundreds of millions in aid itself."

Basically, it's a "These uppity browns are trying to help others, whilst claiming poor themselves! Why are we giving them aid when they have cash to throw away on charitable funds for other nations?" Although I could be over-reaching and reading too much into it.

And about the Sky News Adern stuff: Sky and the Hun etc. gave up on trying to sway people long ago. It's all about preaching to the converted. And quantity. So they can say their opinion is backed by 5 bullshit articles printed every day, as opposed to the opposing view which might get 1 fact checked and well written article printed once somewhere they don't read it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
A man who was stabbed in Sydney's east last year said "go on, f---ing stab me" then pulled the 20-centimetre blade out of his own abdomen and stabbed his assailant 11 times, fatally wounding him, court documents reveal.