Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's probably Tyrese trying to leak that stuff. That guy is so mad the Rock joined (and improved) that franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Huh, they went with a generic The Rock Looking Badass look despite all the trailers showing that the gimmick this movie is that he's possessed by a demented confused old man and acting the opposite of badass.

Not just any demented confused old man, but Danny DeVito!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sirotan posted:

I have not watched any of these Disney Animated Movie, but Live! things but uh, how do they deal with talking animals? This poster's got a dude in red leather who I assume is Sebastian, but also a 2D Flounder...

That's a fan poster, right?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

Not just any demented confused old man, but Danny DeVito!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em9NDCgkybA&t=24s

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/tomselleck69/status/1185011786946437124?s=19

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Am I going eyes crazy or does Nicole Kidman look a lot like Tom Cruise there?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're using prosthetics and stuff in that one to look more like the people they're playing.

Theron is Megyn Kelly and Kidman is Gretchen Carlson. Robbie plays a fictional character.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Aphrodite posted:

They're using prosthetics and stuff in that one to look more like the people they're playing.

Theron is Megyn Kelly and Kidman is Gretchen Carlson. Robbie plays a fictional character.

poo poo, that explains it. I was thinking no way was that Charlize Theron.

Some imposter actress, Charlee The Ron.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I thought the networks had stopped the LIVE! poo poo a few years ago when a bunch of them bombed in a row. I think it was the one-two punch of a lovely Rocky Horror and a bait-and-switch with Christmas Story.

I still like the Christmas Story live musical. It was fun.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The funny one was Rent Live where someone got injured and they didn't do it live and instead just played a rehearsal.

Edit: Might not have been Rent but one of them did that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

muscles like this! posted:

The funny one was Rent Live where someone got injured and they didn't do it live and instead just played a rehearsal.

Edit: Might not have been Rent but one of them did that.
I think it was Rent. The actors were doing half-strength singing to save their voices, too, so the sound was less than great.

I don't watch all of those Live! Shows but I like that they're the spiritual successors to the Event Miniseries of yesteryear.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The live All in the Family/Jeffersons was really loving good. Marissa Tomei and Jamie Foxx killed it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The live Grease was loving awful because Grease loving sucks, but I was genuinely impressed by some of the technical things they managed to pull off.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Did they get the correct ratio and viscosity of the grease correct? That can always be tough in a live-grease situation.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Free Drinks posted:

This foreign poster for it is pretty good too:

Asfalto?
Yep, the title means The Beast Under the Asphalt.
Also, the alligator's name is Ramone!

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Lest we forget, Rock loses a fight and is put in hospital by Statham for most of FAST 7. Most actors at that level are going to have clauses and stipulations and a lot of it is going to look like petty poo poo, but this is what happens when you make yourself a brand.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

stratofarius posted:

I still like the Christmas Story live musical. It was fun.

I think a huge problem with that one is that they never stated in the advertising that they were adapting the stage musical version, not the film version. I think there was a huge drop-off in ratings once the first song started.

It was also weird because not a lot of people are even aware that a stage musical version of Christmas Story even exists, unlike Rent, Rocky Horror, Grease, the Wiz, etc.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

FilthyImp posted:

I think it was Rent. The actors were doing half-strength singing to save their voices, too, so the sound was less than great.

I don't watch all of those Live! Shows but I like that they're the spiritual successors to the Event Miniseries of yesteryear.

That was such a dumb choice. If they had shown it live with the actor in a wheelchair, it probably would have been a much better live event.

There's videos of the live performance they did whilst the rehearsal was being broadcasted, and that looked like a lot of fun.

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?
Also, there’s understudies for a reason?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pascallion posted:

Also, there’s understudies for a reason?
I think the singer was headlining and they didn't want a case of "tonight the part of Vanessa Hudgens will be played by someone you don't know but is assuredly better".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FilthyImp posted:

I think the singer was headlining and they didn't want a case of "tonight the part of Vanessa Hudgens will be played by someone you don't know but is assuredly better".

It was a guy whose only previous credits were season 1 of The X Factor, and one episode of Nashville.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

DrVenkman posted:

Lest we forget, Rock loses a fight and is put in hospital by Statham for most of FAST 7. Most actors at that level are going to have clauses and stipulations and a lot of it is going to look like petty poo poo, but this is what happens when you make yourself a brand.

I wonder if the Rock deciding his broken arm was ok now and flexing his way out of a plaster cast was related to how bad he might have looked getting beaten up and I think blown out a second story window. Because at least in that case it was worth it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

They sidelined Dwayne because he had to finish making Hercules but because of the delays and rewrites needed due to Paul Walker's death, he was available to be brought back in as an active participant in the third act.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1186460828087701505

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Ahahah those loving dual shotguns.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lando sighting.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

SPACE HORSES.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Oscar Isaac's head looks weird, like its too big for his body.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

caligulamprey posted:

Ahahah those loving dual shotguns.

It's been done

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At least Rose is not missing again.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The MSJ posted:

At least Rose is not missing again.
She finally showed up in the trailer tonight. None of the other trailers for the movie showed her at all.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

FlamingLiberal posted:

She finally showed up in the trailer tonight. None of the other trailers for the movie showed her at all.

I suspect that was a very last minute change. She's been erased from nearly all the marketing material.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Who’s the lady with 2 guns? I love her.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Aphrodite posted:

Who’s the lady with 2 guns? I love her.

Keri Russell's bounty hunter character, Zori Bliss.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Who are they going to replace Finn with on the China poster?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rose's other other sister.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

duz posted:

Rose's other other sister.

Rose's clone, Roose.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dillbag posted:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dillbag posted:

Sebulba is available

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I guess someone noticed all the noise people where making on social media when they realized Rose was being erased from everything. That's a baby step, at least.