Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

If only the cons would learn to pull out. It'd save us some trouble in the long run when we start setting our water tables on fire and defending against the hordes of smegma crazies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Rebel Media stream chat user: "I picked the wrong night to quit amphetamine"

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

CPC are actually about to overtake the popular vote, however i don't know if the urban vote counting process will mean a shift back the other way to some degree by the end.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ragnar Homsar posted:

it's the literal worst possible code for white people lmao

like, how can you say "CANADA IS FOR EUROPEANS" and not just instantly feel silly at the nonsense that spilled out of your mouth. even ignoring the gross racism of it, at least "AMERICA FOR AMERICANS" doesn't instantly sound like word salad

The thing about blatantly false poo poo like this is that it's both supposed to be a rallying cry for their own side but also a middle finger to the people they're directing hate at. It's saying "I don't care if I'm wrong, if I'm lying, etc. We'll always hate you."

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Kale posted:

Conservatives just passed Liberals for Popular Vote. gently caress me this election.

lmao that owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fits posted:

alberta projected to basically be a con sweep :negative:

i guess i shouldnt be surprised but still. this province sucks

70%

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Nine of Eight posted:

loving bloc man. gently caress this province sometimes.

Société distincte...

SHAQ4PREZ
Dec 21, 2004

How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Economy Car
Was really worried that Steven Fletcher would somehow get the PPC a seat based off his name recognition.

GET hosed rear end in a top hat.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Embarrassing Kelowna is going to go con, white boomers can’t die off soon enough

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

At the NDP election night party thing. Will update thread if crazy/funny/interesting things happen.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

ZeeBoi posted:

yes it's code for white people

harper used the term "old stock canadians" which is the same thing
When people bring up the “Canada is for Europeans” I love to point out that my family has been in North America since the early 1800s and my ancestors were from Europe with blond hair and blue eyes but they had the wrong accent and practiced the wrong religion so they were treated like poo poo until fairly recently.

My parents have stories of being explicitly told that they were being excluded from something because of their background up until the 60s. So yeah, anyone who uses that argument can get hosed.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Reality Sinner posted:

lmao that owns

I don't know if I'd look at it that way

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Kale posted:

Conservatives just passed Liberals for Popular Vote. gently caress me this election.

lmao I love it.

Little disappointed in how the NDP have done compared to the polling but at least they have official party status. That's something right?

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Mr. Apollo posted:

When people bring up the “Canada is for Europeans” I love to point out that my family has been in North America since the early 1800s and my ancestors were from Europe with blond hair and blue eyes but they had the wrong accent and practiced the wrong religion so they were treated like poo poo until fairly recently.

My parents have stories of being explicitly told that they were being excluded from something because of their background up until the 60s. So yeah, anyone who uses that argument can get hosed.

At least they had a pathway to becoming white

Kale
May 14, 2010

It is kind of something that even as they've gained in the popular vote they've lost ground in seat projection though, but I think it's coming at the expense of the NDP

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

Jenny Kwan just walked in the room. All I can think of is CI.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Kale posted:

It is kind of something that even as they've gained in the popular vote they've lost ground in seat projection though

First Past The Post baby!

Ediy:I feel like this is an election where a PR system would've benefited the Liberals

Whiskey_Dick
Feb 10, 2009

Another Bill posted:

I have the same stove lol

We both live in squalour. How is your tequila?

I am thrilled to see the PPC has died like a fart in an autumn gale. gently caress em.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Liberals winning 160+ seats is actually crazy given things

Kale
May 14, 2010

MakaVillian posted:

First Past The Post baby!

For once I kind of appreciate the system cause Canada at large is clearly dumb

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

lol has FPTP saved us from a Con majority?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Barrie loving Sucks

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Mr. Apollo posted:

Jeez man, really sorry to hear that. I heard some same stories from my mom but it was more passive-aggressive.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

It at least looks like from a Minority

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

littleorv posted:

lmao I love it.

Little disappointed in how the NDP have done compared to the polling but at least they have official party status. That's something right?

I mean they could be propping up a minority government, that's better than what they had before.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Whiskey_Dick posted:

I am thrilled to see the PPC has died like a fart in an autumn gale. gently caress em.

This really is the best thing to come out of this election, a resounding rejection of that kind of rhetoric is exactly how it needs to be handled.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

i dont think these numbers get us to a con majority with any electoral system

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Oh lets see if bernier goosesteps on stage that gently caress

Kale
May 14, 2010

Shammypants posted:

Liberals winning 160+ seats is actually crazy given things

Looking like it's going to be more 155-160

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

gently caress off forever bernier you scum

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
No Bernier, the word is humiliation, not humility.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

Helsing posted:

I feel like the most appropriate outcome for this election based on the fact we clearly are in the hands of a vengeful trickster God would be for Scheer to win the popular vote but for Trudeau to win more seats.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Baronjutter posted:

No, what path to a majority do the conservatives have under proportional representation

LunarCress
Feb 7, 2015

Can we Please stop giving this fucker a platform now.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

On the bright side, Heather McPherson looks like she winning her seat won her seat in Edmonton Strathcona. I voted for her back in January as Linda Duncan's replacement. So the orange blip in Edmonton stays orange.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

just lol if he thinks kinsella was the reason why he lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

LunarCress posted:

Can we Please stop giving this fucker a platform now.

i'm enjoying that he almost certainly could have won the leadership race once scheer steps down but instead he threw a shitfit and now his career is over