Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Why the gently caress does SW mac and cheese exist. This is why Trump rules the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

EL BROMANCE posted:

Every time I see a charity contribution on one of these ‘we make over 1/4m a year and it’s soooo hard you guys’ I call absolute loving bullshit.

Some of those monthly breakdowns are hilarious. $400 a month on clothes. I think that’s my yearly budget. They’re just so utterly out of touch with reality every single time.

I'm the $500 a month on "Entertainment (Netflix, shows, sporting events, social functions, weekend getaways)"

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cernunnos posted:

I'm the $500 a month on "Entertainment (Netflix, shows, sporting events, social functions, weekend getaways)"

I think what's essentially happening is that these jokers were taught what a budget was, but what they got out of it "I'm going to take my lovely spending habits, rationalize them, tabulate them, and-" end transmission.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what kind of person says "gently caress trophy"

also being able to do weekend getaways every month. wow

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm the cashier who sees a box of movie branded macaroni and cheese on the belt and asks whether the customer has a baby

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Everything can be explained by the following flow chart

Title: Did something happen?

Is it on Reddit? —— Yes ——> It did not.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I've gotten the star wars mac and cheese before, the noodles tend to be a bit more firm than the normal kind and for some weird reason it's like 10 cents cheaper. I have never had someone comment on it, but I look like a she-basement dweller on my good days.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

T-man posted:

I've gotten the star wars mac and cheese before, the noodles tend to be a bit more firm than the normal kind and for some weird reason it's like 10 cents cheaper. I have never had someone comment on it, but I look like a she-basement dweller on my good days.

Serious question, why get the mac and cheese?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I know this is exaggerated or made up and reprinted to make the guy's response less lovely than it probably was, but feel like "no, it's for me. I just like fun pasta" could actually be a line that would be cute. Like if someone said that to me and just owned it with a good sense of humor and not taking it too seriously, I'd probably laugh. Not even at them! Who doesn't like "fun pasta"? Take what you can get, man.
But I could make a pretty confident guess that this guy got really defensive and angry about it instead, like taking the cashier's attempt at idle banter as a personal insult.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Every time I see a charity contribution on one of these ‘we make over 1/4m a year and it’s soooo hard you guys’ I call absolute loving bullshit.
Some of those monthly breakdowns are hilarious. $400 a month on clothes. I think that’s my yearly budget. They’re just so utterly out of touch with reality every single time.
Someone who's good at economy help me with my monthly budget

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Vib Rib posted:

Spend less on clothes Have parents who give you more money

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Inceltown posted:

Serious question, why get the mac and cheese?

It's a cheap meal that I can make stoned that also keeps.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

T-man posted:

Eh, I once bought like a dozen of Star Wars Campbell's soup cans, because they were in discount and the price was something ridiculous like 10 mexican pesos each.
Worth all the sodium I got to pour in to my body.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Hygiene posted:

Desperado Bones posted:

Eh, I once bought like a dozen of Star Wars Campbell's soup cans, because they were in discount and the price was something ridiculous like 10 mexican pesos each.
Worth all the sodium I got to pour in to my body.

this is why poor people buy lovely poo poo thank you good bye

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Youtube and Reddit are already blocked in China. What does he think he got banned from?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

this is why poor people buy lovely poo poo thank you good bye

I see no lies here.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vib Rib posted:

Spend less on Star War Mac and Cheese

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Pitch posted:

Youtube and Reddit are already blocked in China. What does he think he got banned from?

bilibili and weibo, probably. But theres almost a 0% chance he gets any money from that since it's most likely people reuploading his stuff.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Powered Descent posted:

Spend less on Star War Mac and Cheese

no

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
judge people by their deeds and not by the cheap canned pasta they buy.

also, I've literally just got a dwindling supply of dry black beans and rice and a half of an onion for the next two weeks. Please send star war shaped kd and associated milk and cheese packets to the bronx

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

judge people by their deeds and not by the cheap canned pasta they buy.

also, I've literally just got a dwindling supply of dry black beans and rice and a half of an onion for the next two weeks. Please send star war shaped kd and associated milk and cheese packets to the bronx

Have you looked into a food bank or soup kitchen or something? It was a much nicer and enjoyable experience than I ever expected. Even if it's something short-term there's usually something they can do. Best of luck friend. <3

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Captain Hygiene posted:

What was the article that was supposed to be a profile of a millenial couple who were responsible with money and halfway through its revealed that the reason they cou8pay off their student loans so quick was one of their parents gave them a condo they were renting to someone for pure profit while living rent free at one of their grandparents?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

What was the article that was supposed to be a profile of a millenial couple who were responsible with money and halfway through its revealed that the reason they cou8pay off their student loans so quick was one of their parents gave them a condo they were renting to someone for pure profit while living rent free at one of their grandparents?

This is literally a trope. You need to be more specific.

https://twitter.com/TheAndrewNadeau/status/1186372736974835712

Engagement is the only metric and rage generates the most.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Inceltown posted:

This is literally a trope. You need to be more specific.

I get it's become a trope, but it was an actual profile about an actual couple.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Skwirl posted:

Ebony Horton.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mao was right.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

I get it's become a trope, but it was an actual profile about an actual couple.

I was just saying that your specific request could easily be any number of articles. Everyone loves a hate read.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Inceltown posted:

I was just saying that your specific request could easily be any number of articles. Everyone loves a hate read.

Yeah, but the actual article I was looking for was just posted.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, but the actual article I was looking for was just posted.

I genuinely thought I'd read the article you were talking about and that wasn't the one I was thinking of.

To borrow an old school forums phrase "gently caress this gay earth"

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Haha I was just trying to find it.

What a :psyduck: series of rich person circumstances, just kind of deciding to pay off your $220,000 in loans within a year and somehow having it work out. The weirdest part is just randomly happening to find/get gifted multiple properties at prices way lower than I've ever seen here in cheap person land and somehow make money off them, all while spending essentially zero money and just sorta living off your relatives. I've read it multiple times and I'm still convinced there's shady money stuff going on even besides just deciding to live with your folks and their free job and property handouts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Yeah, how much rent can you even charge for a something you're mom bought at $13,000, like what condition were these places in?

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

T-man posted:

Have you looked into a food bank or soup kitchen or something? It was a much nicer and enjoyable experience than I ever expected. Even if it's something short-term there's usually something they can do. Best of luck friend. <3

Seconding this, food banks are extremely helpful if you have one within a reasonable distance.

Also maybe I'm the weird one but I've never, not once in my entire life, had a grocery store checkout clerk ever comment on a single thing I've purchased for any reason outside of maybe asking me which kind of apples are in the bag so they can ring up the correct price.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kai Tave posted:

Seconding this, food banks are extremely helpful if you have one within a reasonable distance.

Outside of food banks try see if there is a pay by donation restaurant in your area. There are a few near me and they basically work on the principle of 'rich people love the idea and poor people need it'. If you feel guilty about not donating cash time is money so volunteer.

I genuinely love this idea for the world where charity needs to exist because it allows people of different classes to mix as opposed to a straight up soup kitchen.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I'm guessing that if you broke down amounts paid by class, it would be a steadily declining line from the poorest to about three-quarters of the way along where it plummets to zero?

Those people didn't get rich by paying money when they weren't forced to!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Weatherman posted:

I'm guessing that if you broke down amounts paid by class, it would be a steadily declining line from the poorest to about three-quarters of the way along where it plummets to zero?

Those people didn't get rich by paying money when they weren't forced to!

The sort of person who goes to a pay by donation place with genuine poors isn't going to cheap out. It's kind of self selecting in that way.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pththya-lyi posted:

:smug: "How can AOC criticize HENRYs for claiming to be struggling when, according to this hypothetical budget I drew up for her imaginary family, she is a struggling HENRY?"

E: To be clear, this is about the HENRY budget MarketWatch drew up for AOC, an imaginary husband, and two imaginary children:

What the heck is a HENRY?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ilmucche posted:

High Earner, Not Rich Yet

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

ilmucche posted:

High Earner Not Rich Yet

A fancy acronym for people who are in the top percentage of earners worldwide, but don't consider themselves wealthy because they can't afford a mega yacht.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

That cashier would have her mind blown by reading BSS.

Cashier: "How old his your kid?"
Nerd, Over a pile of Marvel/Star Wars/Transformers figures: "I could never bring a child into my house, they might play with my toys!"

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The_Franz posted:

High Earner Not Rich Yet

A fancy acronym for people who are in the top percentage of earners worldwide, but don't consider themselves wealthy because they can't afford athree mega yachts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

The_Franz posted:

High Earner Not Rich Yet

A fancy acronym for people who are in the top percentage of earners worldwide, but don't consider themselves wealthy because they can't afford a mega yacht.

you need something like an income of $30k with no other material assets considered to be in the top 1.5% of income globally, which I imagine most goon-type computer toucher jobs satisfies.

Global wealth is a different metric and you need like $750k in total assets to break the top 1%.