Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy8pUHfesno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Laranzu posted:

Outer Worlds reviews are Good? I don't want to get more excited seeing as how the let down is so much worse

so far the reviews make it sound like new vegas in space

and yes, very good so far. im waiting on the switch version but im stoked

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

colachute posted:

Do I need shadowbringers to play ffxiv or can I start out with the base game to see if I like it and not miss anything?

E: nvm there’s a free trial

Can just buy the base game and roll with that, I believe they have a "collectors" pack or some edition that includes all content prior to the currrent expansion. I don't know exactly how Square does that offhand. Get into one of the Goon groups on the Primal datacenter on Excalibur if you can, because prevailing wisdom is playing with a group of RL friends usually tends to collapse within a couple months as your friends get bored, whereas goon groups continually get new people.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah the goon groups on excalibur are extremely friendly and good. people are good about grouping up for dungeons, which act as storyline bottlenecks in the campaign and are necessary to complete

also try a controller if you have one lying around, they did a fantastic job with controller mapping and action bars. it's 1000% playable on ps4 and its all cross server so do what you do. hell, ps4 supports usb mouse and keyboard too.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I had a lot of fun with the goons on Excalibur

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

orange juche posted:

Can just buy the base game and roll with that, I believe they have a "collectors" pack or some edition that includes all content prior to the currrent expansion. I don't know exactly how Square does that offhand. Get into one of the Goon groups on the Primal datacenter on Excalibur if you can, because prevailing wisdom is playing with a group of RL friends usually tends to collapse within a couple months as your friends get bored, whereas goon groups continually get new people.

I'm pretty sure the latest expansion includes all expansions released up to that point, anyway, so I guess you probably should just get the most recent thing.

FFXIV has literally the nicest community I've ever encountered in an online game so don't worry too much about having to group with friends or goons.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

plus you can roll as a samurai or a dancer

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

lol

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is awesome.

Ill be rolling something tomorrow on the Excal server.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

colachute posted:

This is awesome.

Ill be rolling something tomorrow on the Excal server.

420 roll catgirl errday

im unsubbed atm because i got no time, but if i do hop back on ill post here and i can run poo poo on my bard or w/e

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Twitch prime has The Walking Dead: Michonne for PC

Apparently it’s a code and you can claim it for epic via the browser here:

https://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=13414...Fen-US%2Fredeem

PM me or reply if you want my code

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1187012926894465026?s=21

the infamous double down

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
woe betide any nerd dumb enough to spend money on Fallout 76

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was trying to figure out what the current player count looks like, found the FO76 subreddit flipping its poo poo instead.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I've been playing 76 for the past week or so. It's still dumb and bad, but not near as dumb and bad as at launch.

I mostly just wander, kill things, get killed, and move my base frequently so I can just build for an hour or two. Got it parked on a cliff right now way up north.

I will not be spending any more money on it than when I preordered it last year. They can keep that premium poo poo.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Slim Pickens posted:

I was trying to figure out what the current player count looks like, found the FO76 subreddit flipping its poo poo instead.

The people slobbing BGS' knob about this fallout subscription is precious though not gonna lie.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I've been playing 76 for the past week or so. It's still dumb and bad, but not near as dumb and bad as at launch.

I mostly just wander, kill things, get killed, and move my base frequently so I can just build for an hour or two. Got it parked on a cliff right now way up north.

I will not be spending any more money on it than when I preordered it last year. They can keep that premium poo poo.

really wanna see you play outer worlds

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

It's out on game pass tomorrow night at seven. poo poo's gonna own.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

waiting for the switch version but yes i am stoked

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll probably get Outer Worlds this weekend, depending on the price.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
You can get it on the ms store xbox(even though its pc) subscription thingy, the 1st month is $1

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Epic store exclusive for PC for 1 year. wtfc

edit : but you can buy it from the microsoft pc store lmao

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

so their approach to reviving a ghost town online game is to ask people to pay more?

bold move

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

You can get it on the ms store xbox(even though its pc) subscription thingy, the 1st month is $1

I'll just buy it, I don't care to sign up for another service. If it's a $60 game I'll wait for a sale.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fallom posted:

so their approach to reviving a ghost town online game is to ask people to pay more?

bold move

Oh, it's even better.

"Hey, you know those things you asked us to fix and we said it was impossible? Well good news, we fixed them!

For a price."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

xbox pc is only $5 a month after the intro trial and it's crammed full of awesome poo poo. unfortunately the app is a massive pile of poo poo that inexplicably prompts me 4 times to insert a smart card whenever it opens

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Crusader Kings 3 is going to be on the PC Game Pass :getin:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Slim Pickens posted:

Here's a neat stat.

474 people are currently watching people play FO76 on Twitch.tv. This puts it behind Russian Fishing 4(514 viewers) and head of Farming Simulator 2019(358)

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Fallom posted:

xbox pc is only $5 a month after the intro trial and it's crammed full of awesome poo poo. unfortunately the app is a massive pile of poo poo that inexplicably prompts me 4 times to insert a smart card whenever it opens

Yea I was kinda amazed at the quality of the games on there

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Who has been following Star Citizen

What’s the latest

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Crusader Kings 3 is going to be on the PC Game Pass :getin:

Make Vicky 3 cowards

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nick Soapdish posted:

Make Vicky 3 cowards

quiet, you

lord horse is about to speak

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What’s the latest

It might be a scam.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What’s the latest

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
He should have bought property on that moon instead.

subterfudge
Aug 5, 2015
Gameplay teaser for the Command and Conquer Remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPOr8PxeXk

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

subterfudge posted:

Gameplay teaser for the Command and Conquer Remaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uPOr8PxeXk

I am so loving excited for this.

Used to play a ton of this back in the day. My first forums experience was on Westwood's forum for RA2 which eventually brought me to SA. Welp, that's my story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i fully intend to carry on the proud world war 2 veteran tradition of genuinely thanking you for serving to the point that you feel ashamed