Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
You have location on and drive by many Home Depots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

New Leaf posted:

You have location on and drive by many Home Depots?

Mine is all about the Kroger and Wendys. lol

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Also open up the app from time to time. It feels as though my phone puts it into some sort of hibernate mode and won't show notifications if I've not used it for a few weeks.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Also, move to another city :haw: I moved 9 hours away 2 years ago and got tons of surveys for probably over a year. Slowed down now, though.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Overdrift posted:

Is there a trick to getting surveys for google bucks? I've had the rewards app installed for months and it has never offered me a survey to take.

I actually find most of mine are evaluating YouTube video recommendations. So maybe watch more YouTubes?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Also, move to another city :haw: I moved 9 hours away 2 years ago and got tons of surveys for probably over a year. Slowed down now, though.

I don't think "relocate your entire life" really fits in th category of tips & tricks for getting more surveys.

Big brand stores tend to trigger surveys, as well as watching a lot of YouTube, like on channels with a ton of subs.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I get a survey every day asking me if I shopped at the place I work, it's been that way for a year. I get a free movie rental's worth of survey bucks like every two weeks

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You need to let google know you're a demographic they want answers from. So being rich is usually a good way to get them to send you questions as if you actually have money then why bother with gbux surveys. Being rich itself is bad because :thermidor: but google doesn't need to know that.

If you're a broke shut in with no friends or life, aka a goon, then you're not going to get a lot of surveys.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I get a survey every day asking me if I shopped at the place I work, it's been that way for a year. I get a free movie rental's worth of survey bucks like every two weeks

Wait, people actually rent movies on Google Play?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

for a long time I didn't get anything.. like a year.. then I oepend up the app updated something and I get them all the time. Like "did you go here" "would you watch this youtoobes movie video" etc. just open it up again and make sure everything is good.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

thehoodie posted:

They come down to a dollar or two sometimes for me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I tend to get surveys going near large retailers in the middle of town - M&S, Sainsburys etc.

Even if you didn't buy anything, say yes to the first question about if you 'visited' the shop and then for the second question say you didn't go in.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

thehoodie posted:

They made it easier than piracy

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I tend to get surveys going near large retailers in the middle of town - M&S, Sainsburys etc.

Even if you didn't buy anything, say yes to the first question about if you 'visited' the shop and then for the second question say you didn't go in.

Don't do this for shops you haven't been near / fake shops. Google will stop giving you surveys if they think you're lying.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Inceltown posted:

Don't do this for shops you haven't been near / fake shops. Google will stop giving you surveys if they think you're lying.
Oh yeah, obviously. But if you start going near shops you should get more surveys, which you can then aswer with.

If it asks about a shop you just walked past, then answer 'visited' and then 'didn't go in.' But don't lie or they stop giving you surveys if your GPS says you didn't go anywhere near the shop in question.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

Anyone played this Knighthood game that I've been getting a ton of ads for? Looks pretty decent but goon opinions are welcome

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
We got a new subforum!

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

thehoodie posted:

Anyone played this Knighthood game that I've been getting a ton of ads for? Looks pretty decent but goon opinions are welcome

Not getting anything back from that name, can you link it?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

It's not released in the US yet.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

thehoodie posted:

For 99p I'll rent anything. For £1.49 I'll rent something released in the past year.

E: there are mobile games that are talked about outside this thread???!?!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I don't think "relocate your entire life" really fits in th category of tips & tricks for getting more surveys.

See.. That's why I used the :haw:. Of course no one's going to move for ~$5.75 from Google.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
When I visited Vancouver earlier this month, Google asked me literally every day if I had visited the breakfast place on the way to the convention center. Made me like two bucks while I was there.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret
I got so many locationbased surveys from when I lived in a big city with mass transit. It was great. Nowadays, I mostly get YouTube tuning ones.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What weirds me out are occasional surveys asking specifically 'Did you receive a booking email from one of these hotel chains?' and I just answer no because I haven't but it makes me wonder if Google thinks I'm someone I'm not.

I do notice I tend to get a survey when I've gone outside my normal route. Like, ran some errands on a side of town I'm not normally in and got two surveys the next day about places I went.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Every time I go to the gym I get a survey asking me about it so it is a good way to get me to go to the gym.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Do they pay you extra if you let them scan your receipts? I always throw mine out right away but if it means more free money, I'll keep them

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

New Leaf posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.PlausibleConcept.BadNorthFull

So this game is pretty rad. You're defending procedurally generated islands from invading forces using upgradable armies. It's got nice stylized graphics, easy touch controls, and a ton of replayability, and it's premium so $5 for no ads is nice. I'm not super far in but I really dig it so far.

I cant get this game to run on my Pixel XL 2. It opens and gets to where it does the Google play login thing. then a green circle just spins forever.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Do they pay you extra if you let them scan your receipts? I always throw mine out right away but if it means more free money, I'll keep them

I think I once got asked to prove something but that was one time in a *lot* of surveys. I've earned >$100 doing these things.

Keeping receipts in case you need to return something is good practice but otherwise it seems like it may not be worth the hassle.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

This thread reminded me I haven't had one of those in a while, since I got my new phone.

Opened it last night, have made 85 cents this morning.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

Arms_Akimbo posted:

I'd usually get anywhere from .30 to .60 cents for doing a receipt. Seems to happen consistently if I go to McDonald's so now I know where to go for easy surveys

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

cage-free egghead posted:

I'd usually get anywhere from .30 to .60 cents for doing a receipt. Seems to happen consistently if I go to McDonald's so now I know where to go for easy surveys

I get about the same for telling it I no longer have the receipt so I dont think they are giving anything extra for scanning the receipt.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Trastion posted:

I cant get this game to run on my Pixel XL 2. It opens and gets to where it does the Google play login thing. then a green circle just spins forever.

I had the same problem on my pixel 3. If I hit back twice it let me play without logging into my play games account. The problem seemed to be fixed last night and I could log it automatically...which led to me loosing my progress.

The game.ks great fun though. I recommend it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Trastion posted:

I get about the same for telling it I no longer have the receipt so I dont think they are giving anything extra for scanning the receipt.

I've gotten follow up questions specifically about what things on the receipt

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I love Into the Breach a lot; any suggestions for good turn based strategy games? I've never played FF Tactics, so should that be the first?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

I love Into the Breach a lot; any suggestions for good turn based strategy games? I've never played FF Tactics, so should that be the first?

Check out Hoplite, Auro, and MicRogue.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
Xcom has a good Android port. Ticket to Earth isn't strictly a tactical game, but it invokes that same "hmm, how do I prevent what's about to happen?" feeling.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Thanks for the recommendations (couldn't find Auro, though). I've never played FF Tactics before... worth it?

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Thanks for the recommendations (couldn't find Auro, though). I've never played FF Tactics before... worth it?

FF Tactics is a fantastic game with a lot of dust on it due to age. Great story and lore (and art!), ancient and obtuse mechanics (I still don't exactly know what Brave and Faith do), rock solid gameplay with the opportunity to absolutely bend it over your knee. The game is on a pedestal for sure, but it almost certainly belongs there.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SynthesisAlpha posted:

FF Tactics is a fantastic game with a lot of dust on it due to age. Great story and lore (and art!), ancient and obtuse mechanics (I still don't exactly know what Brave and Faith do), rock solid gameplay with the opportunity to absolutely bend it over your knee. The game is on a pedestal for sure, but it almost certainly belongs there.

This sounds like I'll love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Stirdog posted:

I had the same problem on my pixel 3. If I hit back twice it let me play without logging into my play games account. The problem seemed to be fixed last night and I could log it automatically...which led to me loosing my progress.

The game.ks great fun though. I recommend it.

That seems to have worked. Thanks!