Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Rhyno posted:

I haven't seen that one yet. First one I haven't seen in the theater.

it was a decent action movie i guess. i just really dislike the turnaround on shaws character from "guy who murdered han" to "costarring his own film" within the span of two movies...that and the fact that the spinoff franchise exists at all and its not based around any of the main team. just rubs me the wrong way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Han wasn't Hobbs' friend though, so it's not like he got a movie with Vin Diesel's character.

But it would certainly be interesting seeing them try to film a movie where both stars have to look taller than the other.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’ve only seen the original movie and that was in theaters almost 20 years ago

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Han wasn't Hobbs' friend though, so it's not like he got a movie with Vin Diesel's character.

tbh im not sure why this is relevant

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

it was a decent action movie i guess. i just really dislike the turnaround on shaws character from "guy who murdered han" to "costarring his own film" within the span of two movies...that and the fact that the spinoff franchise exists at all and its not based around any of the main team. just rubs me the wrong way

The only good thing about Hobbes and Shaw was Helen Mirren, and to a lesser extent Vanessa Kirby, and to an even lesser extent the two cameos.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
assuming reynolds is the first, who is the second i cant remember

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

site posted:

He killed some guy Hobbes barely knows. So what. Hobbes had killed tons of guys too. They're murdermen. The important thing is Shaw never betrayed are country the United States of great Britain.

Plus Han Solo is alive, believe it. In the next movie Charlize Theron will probably be a good guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

site posted:

What does Hobbs care that he killed Han? Hobbs tried to kill them all 2 movies ago.

I haven't seen Hobbs and Shaw either but aren't they forced to work together anyway?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well, again i dont really get what the point here is. my beef isnt about shaw being teamed up with hobbes (tbh they do have pretty good chemistry), its that he was quickly made a hero character in 8 and the spinoff

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They have a history of turning murderers into heroes though. Brian was a cop.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

assuming reynolds is the first, who is the second i cant remember

Rob Delaney.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Really, people are complaining about Shaw turning face? On the loving comics subforum?

The Fast and Furious movies are basically a superhero franchise at the point, stop thinking about it and enjoy the butts and cars.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Patty Jenkins has announced that Pedro Pascal is playing Maxwell Lord in WW1984.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I still adore that a franchise which began with V-Tech car dweebs stealing VCRs and which canonically contains a melancholy Asian teen coming of age indie pic has culminated in Cyborg Elba vs G.I. Joe

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

SlimGoodbody posted:

I still adore that a franchise which began with V-Tech car dweebs stealing VCRs and which canonically contains a melancholy Asian teen coming of age indie pic has culminated in Cyborg Elba vs G.I. Joe

Ahh Holy poo poo I forgot about better luck tomorrow! It's Han right? He's in both?

Jim the Nickel
Mar 2, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

So the initial tweet was in reference to Marvel considering how to handle the whole Jeremy Renner turning out to be lovely thing. I replied in the thread that they should just take everything cool about the Fraction run, apply it all to some grizzeld older actor as Barney, and then just have him be the one to teach Kate the ropes. Being Hawkeye's brother is almost as good, and they could include stuff like the circus flashbacks, the deafness, and pizza dog without losing anything because none of that would work with Jeremy Renner as Clint.

Besides, the show's supposed to mostly be about Kate anyway, right? Renner's had his shot, let the real Hawkeye take over in the MCU.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

David D. Davidson posted:

Really, people are complaining about Shaw turning face? On the loving comics subforum?

The Fast and Furious movies are basically a superhero franchise at the point, stop thinking about it and enjoy the butts and cars.

He killed one of the more popular characters by burning him alive like two movies ago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dom would have done the same to someone who messed with his family.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

muscles like this! posted:

Patty Jenkins has announced that Pedro Pascal is playing Maxwell Lord in WW1984.
Hope he's not partial to a functional neck :buddy:

This was heavily-rumored a while back, wasn't it? Someone had pretty much a full summary of the film which included Max Lord. Good thing I don't remember anything else about that summary.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

Hope he's not partial to a functional neck :buddy:

This was heavily-rumored a while back, wasn't it? Someone had pretty much a full summary of the film which included Max Lord. Good thing I don't remember anything else about that summary.

I think we knew Lord was in it, and everyone assumed it was Pascal, but this was the confirmation.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Kingtheninja posted:

Ahh Holy poo poo I forgot about better luck tomorrow! It's Han right? He's in both?

You know it baby

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Jim the Nickel posted:

So the initial tweet was in reference to Marvel considering how to handle the whole Jeremy Renner turning out to be lovely thing. I replied in the thread that they should just take everything cool about the Fraction run, apply it all to some grizzeld older actor as Barney, and then just have him be the one to teach Kate the ropes. Being Hawkeye's brother is almost as good, and they could include stuff like the circus flashbacks, the deafness, and pizza dog without losing anything because none of that would work with Jeremy Renner as Clint.

Besides, the show's supposed to mostly be about Kate anyway, right? Renner's had his shot, let the real Hawkeye take over in the MCU.

Oh boy. How did Renner turn out to be lovely?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaunab posted:

Oh boy. How did Renner turn out to be lovely?

https://www.nme.com/news/jeremy-renner-accused-of-threatening-to-kill-himself-and-his-ex-wife-2557188

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Madkal posted:

I used to think every young white guy in the 90's was Chris Klein. This lead me to think that Chris Klein was actually in some good movies.

I recently watched The Sopranos for the first time and was astonished to realize, several seasons in, that Sylvio and Paulie were two different guys.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Reveal that the bad people were actually trying to defend Earth from the Decepticons.

Throw in Sandra Bullock and make Speed and the Furious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

Reveal that the bad people were actually trying to defend Earth from the Decepticons.

Throw in Sandra Bullock and make Speed and the Furious.

Have it turn out Gravity was set in the FatF franchise and was secretly subtitled Orbital Drift.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ImpAtom posted:

Have it turn out Gravity was set in the FatF franchise and was secretly subtitled Orbital Drift.

And then George Clooney brings in Oceans 11.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Archyduchess posted:

I recently watched The Sopranos for the first time and was astonished to realize, several seasons in, that Sylvio and Paulie were two different guys.

What the gently caress

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Fast and the Furious basically became MASK and i'm down for that.

But the original really is a good film, as much as it's streetcar Point Break (but gently caress that fartcan exhaust & giant spoiler trend it started).

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Back in the 90s I got Tyrese Gibson confused with Tyson Beckford and when I was a kid I though Fred Ward was Harvey Keitel.

There have been a few times I thought I was confusing Mekhi Phifer with another actor only to find out it was actually Mekhi Phifer after all.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
While we are admitting name/face blindness combo I seriously get Amy Adams and Rachel McAdams mixed up all the time.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Fast and the Furious basically became MASK and i'm down for that.

But the original really is a good film, as much as it's streetcar Point Break (but gently caress that fartcan exhaust & giant spoiler trend it started).

Oh buddy, F&F didn't start that, it picked up on an obnoxious subculture that had been going on for years by that time in Orange County at the very least

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It's funny when people want more of those street racing type cars back because from the beginning the series always presented muscle cars as superior. Whether you believe that is another story.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Gaunab posted:

It's funny when people want more of those street racing type cars back because from the beginning the series always presented muscle cars as superior. Whether you believe that is another story.

Well if the question is "which is the superior type of car to drag a safe through the streets of Rio? Muscle car or Street Racing?" I think that the we have a definitive answer.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

ImpAtom posted:

Remember when some people briefly thought Life would turn out to be a stealth prequel to Venom? That was fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

JordanKai posted:

Remember when some people briefly thought Life would turn out to be a stealth prequel to Venom? That was fun.

I mean it would have absolutely ruled as one.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I mean it would have absolutely ruled as one.

Totally!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SlimGoodbody posted:

Oh buddy, F&F didn't start that, it picked up on an obnoxious subculture that had been going on for years by that time in Orange County at the very least
Oh I get that. I know about the car culture since I'm from LA.

I'm just saying I wouldn't have seen loving Ford Taurus's with SPOILERZZ if the film hadn't popularized it so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontosaurus
Sep 11, 2001

Was the Renner stuff fully corroborated or are we preemptively canceling him just to get on board the Kate train?