Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

No see it adds challenge to identifying your enemies! It makes the game harder without needing to actually code anything!

Joke's on them, I don't identify poo poo and just wave machineguns and/or autoshotguns around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

chairface posted:

Joke's on them, I don't identify poo poo and just wave machineguns and/or autoshotguns around.

You've put in as much effort into engaging with PD2's mechanics as Jules put into coming up with them.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

UnknownMercenary posted:

You've put in as much effort into engaging with PD2's mechanics as Jules put into coming up with them.
And you've implied there's a viable alternative.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Months behind and I am starting in on the maps required for the secret. Is there any tricks or shortcuts to making Breakin' Feds as easy as possible (besides some mod that tells me what the safe code is)? I've never liked the stealth in this game

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Place trip mines everywhere on the side of the map Garrett is on, especially awkward corners. ECMs won't save you and body bags can be a secondary.

Each time Garrett returns, you just have to distract him again. The last one is a permanent distraction that lets you leave his office at your own pace.

The side that has Garrett's office in the middle of a long corridor is complete and total motherfucker to escape from with the box if Garrett's still able to return, so maybe don't do that.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I guess Epic smells blood in the water here.

https://twitter.com/PAYDAYGame/status/1145634548249714693

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

mp5 posted:

Months behind and I am starting in on the maps required for the secret. Is there any tricks or shortcuts to making Breakin' Feds as easy as possible (besides some mod that tells me what the safe code is)? I've never liked the stealth in this game

Beyond what maswastaken said:
  • After you pass the security barrier, you come to an atrium with a set of offices on either side. The security room is always on the same side of the atrium as Garrett's office; everything you will need will be on the same side as his office.
  • The first time you get into Garrett's office, leave immediately. Due to bad scripting, he starts returning almost immediately the first time you come in. You might have to reveal the safe first, I'm not sure.
  • Sixth Sense Aced is crucial to avoid turning a corner directly into a guard on this map.
  • Safe spots are much less obvious in the second half of the map. Generally, look for cubicle walls that can be used to block line of sight to the guard patrol route.
  • Save all your pagers and bodybags for the second half of the map. Before dealing with Garrett, clean out any civilians in side areas, the camera guard, and as many other guards as possible.
  • A "check-in guard" will spawn from the elevators after your first guard kill in the back half of the map. For this reason, the elevator area overlooking the atrium is not a safe space to camp or hide bodybags.
  • As maswastaken says, the last distraction permanently removes Garrett from play (and is also an achievement). It's worth playing ultra-cautiously to just get rid of him. Each time he's distracted and out of the way, open the office, step inside, then immediately leave and book it to a safe spot. He returns after a short timer.
  • One of the distractions involves using a computer in the area. Be aware that Garrett will not travel very far from the office for that distraction; it's especially important to leave early for that one.
  • There is a 20% chance you will find a keycard in Garrett's safe. If you do, sucks to be you; the keycard will open an evidence lockup in the offices on the other side of the atrium that contains the target loot. Look for a sign marked "evidence".

If all else fails, join the goon co-op discord and we'll be happy to carry you through the heist sometime.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 1, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i love this tweet more than anything else in the world right now

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Discendo Vox posted:

Beyond what maswastaken said:
[list]
[*]Safe spots are much less obvious in the second half of the map. Generally, look for cubicle walls that can be used to block line of sight to the guard patrol route.

A note from having it go wrong on me: the kitchenette is NOT SAFE. It's good about 95% of the time, but there's a narrow angle where the guards patrolling the first zone lower area can see through the window and around the blinds. You can hide there briefly but do not put bodybags/hostages in there.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

That's incredibly blatant lmao

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What are the best stealth levels to play?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
ok, first, you buy the Golden Grin dlc

then

uninstall the game

Enjoy!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

My personal favorites for stealth are either Murky Station or The Diamond. Some interesting objectives and twists on the standard formula, nothing horribly unfair in the setups or scripting and plenty of optional stuff to let you push your luck.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Election Day. It also happens to be free.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the train one

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

FAUXTON posted:

the train one
:suicide:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

there's no leaping-off-a-bridge emote.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

It's okay, they don't blow up when you throw them anymore! And there are even ziplines now, to move them! Also, guards are less...unreasonable...about what sets them off, like, say, seeing an open compartment.

Ah, for the good old days...still have the achievements from before they decided it was too unfair and removed the actions required to earn them.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

https://twitter.com/oscar_saucedo1/status/1185160251495989248

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
That's just me and the boys on our way to gently caress up another Car Shop run

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/1665695876816570722

in true halloween fashion a corpse is rising from its grave

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
...Uh, good luck with that, I guess?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Well, that...was not something I expected.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
On one hand, I am pretty pissed that there won't be a PD3 in the forseeable future. But then again, I doubt we would be able to play with Jacket in PD3. That first big update better be an engine switch tho, I will not be able to stand more Diesel.

All that said and done tho...

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Does this mean Starbreeze will steal crackdown?

Does this mean there will there be a Thompson/Center encore added?

Does this mean we get to raid a cryptocurrency mining farm as a Vlad contract?

Does this mean all the good stuff such as the above will be once again behind paywalls?

Tune in next time on Payday The Heist Z

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EorayMel posted:

Does this mean Starbreeze will steal crackdown?
Isnt Starbreeze too dead to steal Crackdown, or anything?

Also has Vox & his ragtag group of modders burned out yet? How is Crackdown?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

crackdown is one of the better games on the xbox 360 :)

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Kikas posted:

On one hand, I am pretty pissed that there won't be a PD3 in the forseeable future.

It's not like PD3 was a sure bet before this announcement, though.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm reading that whole thing as "We don't have the resources to develop a new game right now, but maybe we can milk Payday 2 for a bit more money while we figure out what we're going to do next." Last I heard they still want to do Payday 3, but we're looking at 3 years out or more most likely - this is just trying to keep the lights on in the meantime.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm reading that whole thing as "We don't have the resources to develop a new game right now, but maybe we can milk Payday 2 for a bit more money while we figure out what we're going to do next." Last I heard they still want to do Payday 3, but we're looking at 3 years out or more most likely - this is just trying to keep the lights on in the meantime.

It's also why they're going back on "no more paid content from here on out!" but at least it's plausible because, y'know, dire financial straights after that zombie game loving bombed and maybe that ps2 era ww2 shooter on the side

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
What ww2 era shooter?

I know, i know

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

Say what you will about RAID, at least you can still loving buy it unlike OTWD.

This is an interesting time to be practicing necromancy, Overkill. I'm interested what they even plan to do. Give me the crazy 80s guns I've always wanted and they can have more money from me, that's for sure.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
LITERALLY HEIST THE MOON

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Coolguye posted:

LITERALLY HEIST THE MOON

Area 51 heist with vlad yelling at aliens before firing nuclear missles dream lives on

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Explosionface posted:

Say what you will about RAID, at least you can still loving buy it unlike OTWD.

This is an interesting time to be practicing necromancy, Overkill. I'm interested what they even plan to do. Give me the crazy 80s guns I've always wanted and they can have more money from me, that's for sure.

I'm kind of curious myself - given their situation and restructuring, will they release high quality content or will it be strictly a cash grab since Payday 2 is basically the only IP they have left? I'm sort of expecting the latter, personally - they laid off 25% of their people already, and I'm assuming a lot of the more talented/in demand staff have also gone elsewhere already.

But who knows! I'll at least keep an eye on it.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
what the gently caress you're telling me they found a way to keep going after literally stealing the country?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

spit on my clit posted:

what the gently caress you're telling me they found a way to keep going after literally stealing the country?

There's still the UN

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Shooting Blanks posted:

There's still the UN

That's kinda like going from stealing Mario to stealing Bubsy.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Steal a giant laser to etch a clown mask on the face of the moon, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Is the ps4 version more or less caught up to the pc version yet?