Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

Bought to head and and represent for my boy Lee Carter. If you can get involved, do it. There is no better feeling than hitting the streets with some comrades for a candidate worth believing in.

As usual, if you got some spare cash, please throw it to my man Lee. He is doing work and needs to continue doing good work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Slowpoke! posted:

Trump called the phone call perfect because he is a narcissist who can only describe things he does with the best words.

Exactly.

Anything a narcissist does they will always proclaim to be 100% the best possible course of action to have ever been taken, and if it blows up in their face they blame others for either sabotaging it out of jealousy or for setting them up in a no-win situation.

There is some variation in why a particular narcissist will take that position. Some are actually deeply insecure about the possibility that they are a fuckup and compensating while others are just being so loving delusional that they totally believe that they just aren't getting credit for their greatness. It doesn't really matter much because the end results are the same, but I feel like Trump is an unholy blend of the two and trending towards the delusional as dementia takes hold.

Blastedhellscape
Jan 1, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

There is some variation in why a particular narcissist will take that position. Some are actually deeply insecure about the possibility that they are a fuckup and compensating while others are just being so loving delusional that they totally believe that they just aren't getting credit for their greatness. It doesn't really matter much because the end results are the same, but I feel like Trump is an unholy blend of the two and trending towards the delusional as dementia takes hold.

Trump is 100% the delusional variety of narcissist. L. Ron Hubbard levels of delusional, where he's constantly lying to make himself look good and con other people, but in the moment that he's telling the lie he truly believes it.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Cable Guy posted:

Article is behind a login wall, but managed to cut/paste it out before I was nixxed...
This looks to me like he wants a judge to formally overrule the whitehouse's bullshit.. maybe.

"Constitutional Immunity" :lol:

Also I think the guy freaking out about "TRUMP WANTS A COUP!" is overreacting. It's "The Federalist" for god sakes. It's entire reason to exist is as a propaganda rag for clickbait. Also doesn't "I'M JOHN MCCAIN'S DAUGHTER"'s husband own it or something? Like I'm taking facebook clickbait seriously :rolleyes:

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Oct 26, 2019

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1188067370478309378

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

With any luck that was the stroke

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

uh oh, USPOL Fall: ....

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Trump.exe has crashed.
Reboot Y/N

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

The only time you wish for a blue screen

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
Petulant thirst for adulation overflow.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1188085028632367105?s=19

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/RyanCangialosi/status/1188090745946890241

Yeah, can't really argue with any of that.

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

*racks off list of Trump crimes over his lifetime*

Clearly some people are above the law

I would like to know, eventually, where Preet and the SDNY and whoever else has been all these years while Trump has been laundering money and turbo-criming. Is it just because if you start going after Russians who are trying to get their money out of Russia, you might get polonium in your latte?

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

100% CYA

Preet is currently teaching at NYU law. He has reached the promised land of being a lawyer: teacher that will never be fired, gets to write books and go on tv, never has to actually practice law again

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

tek79 posted:

My own pet theory on this is that Trump was initially angling for something like "The phone call was perfectly acceptable!", but because his brain is just a mass of failing biologic sludge at this point, the thought/sentence kind of got hung up half way and came out as "The phone call was perfect...! [buzz and/or fart noise in his brain]". And then because Trump is a narcissist who thinks anything he says should be gospel and because he's incapable of producing any kind of coherent clarification, he just ran with it. So now we're all expected to go about as though it somehow means anything at all, other than the product of a lovely persons diseased brain and his refusal to admit it doesn't actually make any sense.

It’s because he thinks the thing people are mad about is that he was angry or threatening toward Zelensky in the call where he talked about the Biden quid pro quo. He thinks he was perfectly statesmanlike and polite, and that Schiff reenacting it in a mob boss voice was bad because it’s mischaracterizing how nice and friendly the conversation was. He thinks Zelensky going on tv and saying “I was not being coerced” totally exonerates him

Data Graham fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 26, 2019

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1188091546513616897

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

EwokEntourage posted:

100% CYA

Preet is currently teaching at NYU law. He has reached the promised land of being a lawyer: teacher that will never be fired, gets to write books and go on tv, never has to actually practice law again

He hosts the podcast Stay Tuned, as well, which I've enjoyed. He has too much faith in the system, but otherwise the discussions are good.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Rolabi Wizenard posted:

I would like to know, eventually, where Preet and the SDNY and whoever else has been all these years while Trump has been laundering money and turbo-criming. Is it just because if you start going after Russians who are trying to get their money out of Russia, you might get polonium in your latte?

Preet, in spite of all you might hear, is a careerist attention-thirsty media ho. He went after one small group of russians in 2013, which more or less presented him the playbook for how to go after just about every other developer in NYC but chose not to. In 2014 he tried to go after Cuomo and got his rear end handed to him. In 2016 he needed a win and hosed 120 brown people without recourse just to burnish his reputation:
https://theintercept.com/2019/04/25/bronx-120-report-mass-gang-prosecution-rico/

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Remember when he kept saying he was going to declare a National Emergency over the opioid crisis like 2 and a half years ago?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I thought the opioid crisis was because of Mexico throwing drugs over the border

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

SocketWrench posted:

"Well it's ok when we do it"
"b b b b but Obama!"
Don’t worry, if dems take the White House Republicans will become very concerned with spending again and reign it in to save us.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Remember when he kept saying he was going to declare a National Emergency over the opioid crisis like 2 and a half years ago?

He put Kellyanne in charge of it

S'all good man!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Faustian Bargain posted:

Don’t worry, if dems take the White House Republicans will become very concerned with spending again and reign it in to save us.

“We inherited an increasing national deficit from Obama, it takes several years for the effects of our policies to become evident :smuggo:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

TulliusCicero posted:

He put Kellyanne in charge of it

S'all good man!

Lol I forgot about that detail. I’m sure she’s been hard at work.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

and for any kids with unused aderall prescriptions you can drop them by 1600 Pennsylvania Ave :sniff:

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You're a fellow New Englander, so you know that the Republican Governor of NH would claim that all the drugs are coming from Lowell and Lawrence.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

to this point, even their motion literally says 'If the DC Circuit's ruling in Trump v. Mazars stands, we know that the subpoena is valid and he'll have to testify, we're just filing this to preserve the issue until we see if en banc rehearing/certiorari is denied'

probably this dude thought he was liable to get hosed either way and settled for making Congress (a little) mad at him instead of making Trump insanely mad at him

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Helith posted:

Trump.exe has crashed.
Reboot Y/N

N

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Can’t you just like… take them to any pharmacy and have them throw it away if you really wanted to do that?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1188103311653769216

No concerned, no concerned, you're the concerned

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I AM NOT CONCERNED, HERE IS A NOT MAD TWITTER POST ABOUT HOW NOT CONCERNED I AM

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Boris Galerkin posted:

Can’t you just like… take them to any pharmacy and have them throw it away if you really wanted to do that?

Most pharmacies stopped offering that service decades ago.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

President Corncob

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Boris Galerkin posted:

You can, you can also legally dispose of prescription drugs yourself too by putting them in a bag with something unappealing/inedible to humans and animals like kitty litter or coffee grounds and then putting them in the regular trash. There isn't really a special process to it if you don't have convenient access to a pharmacy or a community drug takeback location where you can drop them off too. The idea is to just make it so that there's no way some random kid or animal will stumble upon it and gobble them up.

You can also have Walgreens mail you a package you can put them in and mail back but they charge you $2.99 for that.

Some drugs can be flushed down the toilet but generally this isn't something you want to do for antibiotics/anything with hormones/etc. enough stuff that I wouldn't recommend doing it ever. It's not ILLEGAL to do and IIRC the FDA even still has a "flush list" you can look at for stuff you can, but it's easier to just use one of the other methods you have for everything.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Neo Rasa posted:

IIRC the FDA even still has a "flush list" you can look at for stuff you can, but it's easier to just use one of the other methods you have for everything.

i'd never heard of this so i just looked this up:

it's almost exclusively prescription opiates and directly says 'we think the dangers of people finding these outweigh whatever possible environmental harm they might cause' so it's clearly a last resort measure

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Boris Galerkin posted:

You would think. They don't really promote that, though, and they should.

I know my local small town PD has a drop off container too.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm not mad. Everyone look at how not mad I am. I am like so not mad. You are mad not me. Why do you think I am mad when I am so not mad. gently caress you I'm not mad.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

DARPA posted:

He hosts the podcast Stay Tuned, as well, which I've enjoyed. He has too much faith in the system, but otherwise the discussions are good.

I had to quit on that after he had loving Christine Todd Whitman on to talk about :decorum: and announced that they had started a bipartisan task force to bring civility back. It was clear that he was most interested in laundering decades of political crimes against humanity in order to maintain the system that he had a lot of professional success in.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/caseyexplosion/status/1188113397621121030?s=21 hey reminder that evangelicals are 100% pro nazi and always have been

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

fool_of_sound posted:

https://twitter.com/caseyexplosion/status/1188113397621121030?s=21 hey reminder that evangelicals are 100% pro nazi and always have been

I keep saying this, but the rich death cultists with infinite piles of money are an existential threat to the entire planet, forget the US

A continuing reminder that their entire goal is triggering the End Times, so that they can get Raptured. That's it