Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

So I know that people don't like using the word "sex" when talking about babies but shouldn't it be a sex reveal party?

And yes those are white as hell lol.

the kind of person who cares about the distinction between gender and sex isn't going to be the kind of person who's going to throw a whole party just to celebrate what genitals their baby is gonna come out with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
We didn’t start the fire was about gender all along...

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/JesseYomtov/status/1188623566369165314?s=19

https://twitter.com/albamonica/status/1188623950743588866?s=19

shirts and skins has issued a correction as of 02:19 on Oct 28, 2019

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

lol this is extra awesome because baseball has the whitest fanbase of the big sports outside of hockey. This should have been an easier type of crowd for him on the whole.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
As poo poo as every single previous president was, I can't imagine any of them getting booed at a sporting event. Even Obama at NASCAR

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

ikanreed posted:

As poo poo as every single previous president was, I can't imagine any of them getting booed at a sporting event. Even Obama at NASCAR

Michelle Obama got booed at a NASCAR race. But ok, that's Nascar. That's chud as hell.
A Republican president getting booed at a BASEBALL game? Now that's some poo poo man.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The video of his face as he realizes what’s happening is awesome because it’s the first time I’ve seen him express any pain and it’s narcissistic injury at something completely trivial.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
batten down the hatches lads theres a tweetstorm on the horizon

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ikanreed posted:

The idea of a country not booing politicians semi-regularly is weird as hell.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Trump's gonna rescind MLB's antitrust exemption out of spite.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

ikanreed posted:

if you can recognize someone on the jumbotron and you don't boo them, you deserve to be booed

thems the rules

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nothus posted:

so win win

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Doctor Spaceman posted:

The idea of a country not booing politicians semi-regularly is weird as hell.

the fact that gwb can even go in public without being cursed at and spit on is a fuckin disgrace

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

BraveUlysses posted:

the fact that gwb can even go in public without being cursed at and spit on is a fuckin disgrace

:hai:

obama should at least get his cars keyed

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Nothus posted:

he already killed their deal to purchase players from cuba instead of making them claim asylum

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Grape posted:

Michelle Obama got booed at a NASCAR race. But ok, that's Nascar. That's chud as hell.
A Republican president getting booed at a BASEBALL game? Now that's some poo poo man.

George W Bush got booed when he threw out the pitch at one game in 2007.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

BraveUlysses posted:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Iraq is better at democracy than the US

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Zeroisanumber posted:

Anyone killed at a gender reveal party is absolutely white as all hell.
A bunch of African Americans are absolutely going to get killed in a plantation-themed gender reveal party at some point.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

OhFunny posted:

George W Bush got booed when he threw out the pitch at one game in 2007.

lol his dream was to be the mlb commissioner

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A bunch of African Americans are absolutely going to get killed in a plantation-themed gender reveal party at some point.

lol. implying we waste money on this bullshit. if you show up to the baby shower you already know the gender of the baby the balloons or the cake will be pink or blue. end.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

am I like really misinformed or is gender not something that can be determined in babies and fetuses

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

AkumaHokoru posted:

lol. implying we waste money on this bullshit. if you show up to the baby shower you already know the gender of the baby the balloons or the cake will be pink or blue. end.

Oh no. This is "what if we hired black people to play all the errrr... willing servants?" scenario

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

euphronius posted:

am I like really misinformed or is gender not something that can be determined in babies and fetuses

Let's call it "highly traditional idea of gender" and the technology to be very confident about that early on in pregnancy has been around close to 20 years now.

FWIW the inventor of gender reveal parties has said they think the idea is transphobic and regrets inventing it

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

euphronius posted:

It would rightfully be called a sex reveal party but that has different connotations

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

make that mistake one time and everyone never shuts up about how you're not allowed within 500y of a school anymore

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Heath posted:

It would rightfully be called a sex reveal party but that has different connotations
inside of cake says IN VITRO or WE BONED

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

ikanreed posted:

FWIW the inventor of gender reveal parties has said they think the idea is transphobic and regrets inventing it

Really? Who is that? I need someone to blame my Facebook feed on.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

euphronius posted:

not really, no

you can guess what it *might* be by looking at their baby junk, but that method gives you inaccurate results a lot of the time (see fig. 1, transgender people)

the only way to be sure is to wait until they are old enough to figure it out and then ask them

ikanreed posted:

Let's call it "highly traditional idea of gender" and the technology to be very confident about that early on in pregnancy has been around close to 20 years now.

really let’s call it by the more accurate name: “infant genital reveal party” 🎉 🎊

Militant Lesbian has issued a correction as of 20:09 on Oct 28, 2019

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Nothus posted:

Really? Who is that? I need someone to blame my Facebook feed on.

2008 Mommy blogger named Jenna Karvundis, but popularized by "the bump" a well of considerable evil if you are willing to see it

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

AkumaHokoru posted:

ikanreed posted:

Oh no. This is "what if we hired black people to play all the errrr... willing servants?" scenario
Yeah. I'm kinda confused actually by the idea that black people would do a plantation-themed party...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Yeah. I'm kinda confused actually by the idea that black people would do a plantation-themed party...

To build a racist party from scratch you must first invent a society that institutionalizes black poverty

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think they meant white people throwing a plantation themed party and hiring Black people to be their ‘set decoration’ for the party (and being killed by said white nonsense)

like, as usual, Black people will suffer due to white foolishness

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Didn't Paula Deen do that?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Militant Lesbian posted:

I think they meant white people throwing a plantation themed party and hiring Black people to be their ‘set decoration’ for the party (and being killed by said white nonsense)

like, as usual, Black people will suffer due to white foolishness
They = me. But yes, exactly.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol his dream was to be the mlb commissioner

the way he dodged that shoe confirms that it is a closely-held dream of his

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They = me. But yes, exactly.

No gender id in your profile page means you get gender neutral pronouns, ya goofy porpoise.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
i mean, why not just it just call it a baby shower? except to remove the taint of poorness from implying that friends having a baby might have a use for related gifts

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Hodgepodge posted:

i mean, why not just it just call it a baby shower? except to remove the taint of poorness from implying that friends having a baby might have a use for related gifts

Gotta make gender announcing pipe bombs or instagram won't notice you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Volcott posted:

Gotta make gender announcing pipe bombs or instagram won't notice you.

the gender reveal suicide bombers are going to be something

oh wait this isn't the cyberpunk dystopia thread