Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Those are very well-sculpted and designed and I have literally no idea who they're for.

Like, I can't imagine anyone that dislikes Boris and Trump to want to spend the time and effort to put together and paint minis of them, lovingly detailed and hand-designed. And, like, they're clearly not marketing it to the fans of those two asshats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Flavivirus posted:

Todd Crapper does alright layout work at least, though that pitch for Alan Loera raises more questions that it answers.

My main lingering question is... given they're using all of Noelle's translation, was she paid for the work? Has this mystery funding given them enough money to pay for the unpaid work of the folks who left the kickstarter over it?

"""Apparently""" Noelle has been spoken to and some kind of arrangement hashed out, but far as I can tell no one's spoken to Olivia yet, and last I heard they were threatening to sue her to get the advance she was paid back somehow. There's some mention of a post or w/e saying all past contributors are getting paid but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I really hope this random Zelda fan game person let's the folx that worked on this get paid. I couldn't really care less about the actual book after all this.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 25, 2019

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Seems unlikely, honestly.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Zombicide RPG is a thing now I guess 🤷‍♂️

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zombicide is one of those things that clearly must sell with the KS being at 1.5 million and all, but I've never seen anybody play it. Or even talk about it.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I own black plague because I was going to run a DnD5E adventure but :effort:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Dawgstar posted:

Zombicide is one of those things that clearly must sell with the KS being at 1.5 million and all, but I've never seen anybody play it. Or even talk about it.

CMON are the kings of selling based on FOMO, so I'm sure their percentage of games that just sit unopened in someone's closet are a lot higher than average. The first game has almost 15,000 ratings on BGG though, so someone must be playing it too.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I played Zombiecide once, and it really just wasn't all that interesting. It made for a good wind-down while drinking beer game after being at a con all day I guess, since you don't really need to pay much attention.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I have considered buying into zombiecide for a beer and pretzels experience with the 2 new couples we have roped into playing board game’s. Six is a tough number to buy for..

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Funzo posted:

I played Zombiecide once, and it really just wasn't all that interesting. It made for a good wind-down while drinking beer game after being at a con all day I guess, since you don't really need to pay much attention.

It's a solid beer and pretzels game with a strong theme. It also at Kickstarter provides Reaper Bones levels of "He who dies with the most unpainted minis wins"; the $100 Black Plague kickstarter set came with, in addition to the boxed game, I think 80 bonus minis, of which about 30 are usable for D&D PCs. I understand why people get it at Kickstarter - I just don't understand why people get it from gaming stores.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

neonchameleon posted:

It's a solid beer and pretzels game with a strong theme. It also at Kickstarter provides Reaper Bones levels of "He who dies with the most unpainted minis wins"; the $100 Black Plague kickstarter set came with, in addition to the boxed game, I think 80 bonus minis, of which about 30 are usable for D&D PCs. I understand why people get it at Kickstarter - I just don't understand why people get it from gaming stores.

It's bright, colorful, has zombies and the lure of miniatures is strong.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Zombicide definitely gets played a lot, it's very easy to learn and nice to look at, but every version of it is hot, repetitive garbage that takes way too long to play with way too little to actually do.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Just got a last call to update my shipping address for Unbroken.

lol

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Check out this fukken campaign page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fanaticgamelabs/heroes-and-gods-the-master-of-dreams

If only they included 150 minis they'd be funded for millions instead of struggling over the finish line.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant
Jesus Christ.

Also, a plan for 10 (?) stretch goals, which will only be revealed after funding, but with 60 hours to go, they've revealed the bonus one, unlocked by everybody being nice.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

CitizenKeen posted:

Jesus Christ.

Also, a plan for 10 (?) stretch goals, which will only be revealed after funding, but with 60 hours to go, they've revealed the bonus one, unlocked by everybody being nice.

You should see their previous campaign.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

The Moon Monster posted:

Check out this fukken campaign page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fanaticgamelabs/heroes-and-gods-the-master-of-dreams

If only they included 150 minis they'd be funded for millions instead of struggling over the finish line.

The art looks amazingly bad for something that seems to be made for millions of ks-monies.
Feels like they tried to siphon that CMON-feeling and failed. Hard.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

League of Infamy, the occasionally cooperative dungeon crawler by Mantic is up, set in their Kings of War universe with the rules by James Hewitt

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

NTRabbit posted:

League of Infamy, the occasionally cooperative dungeon crawler by Mantic is up, set in their Kings of War universe with the rules by James Hewitt

Seems like they're using this as sort of a sneaky way to update the elf range. Will be interesting to see what if any of this makes its way into Vanguard and Kings of War kits down the road.

Honestly, I just wish that this was a standalone option:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/corvusbelli/infinity-defiance/description

Infinity: Defiance went live and is already funded.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Don't forget to get in on this amazing game before the campaign ends:
Virtue Signal: The Game of Social Justice

quote:

Virtue Signal: The Game of Social Justice is a card game parody of social justice activism.

In Virtue Signal you play as one of several different social justice warriors. The object, simply, is to attract a coalition of NPC followers to your cause, whatever that is. The first player to 15 is the winner.

Virtue Signal simulates the power struggles and one-upmanship that goes on between activist groups. The issues themselves are of little consequence, they are merely useful tools to get leverage over others.

May the wokest warrior win.

Hoo boy.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

JazzFlight posted:

Don't forget to get in on this amazing game before the campaign ends:
Virtue Signal: The Game of Social Justice

Hoo boy.
Isn't this like the eight hundredth failed kickstarter for this type of 4chan/south park idiocy? They are hardly even notable anymore.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

dwarf74 posted:

Isn't this like the eight hundredth failed kickstarter for this type of 4chan/south park idiocy? They are hardly even notable anymore.
The sad/weird part is it actually funded pretty well.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I’m actually in favour of games like that because it immediately outs the alt-right shitheads at public meet-ups. Also I checked out that game before and it’s chock-full of alt-right nazi dogwhistles.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Tekopo posted:

I’m actually in favour of games like that because it immediately outs the alt-right shitheads at public meet-ups. Also I checked out that game before and it’s chock-full of alt-right nazi dogwhistles.

Not so much dogwhistles as foghorns, frankly

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Five people effectively paid $85 to get William Dalebout's signature on their copy.

Which is definitely a choice one can make.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

who the hell is William Dalebout

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Mors Rattus posted:

William Dalebout's Bio posted:

Designer and Illustrator who backed the wrong presidential candidate in 2016 and has been suffering for it ever since. If we can't be vindicated, then we have no choice but to burn it all down.
Sounds like a real cool guy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I mean sure but did he add two pieces to chess??

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
the gameplay even looks like a ripoff of Steve Jackson's Illuminati too

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Man, spirit Island digital looks like it's not going to hit its stretch goals, and possibly not even the regular goals. That's sort of disappointing.

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

I'm not even close to being able to plop down that much money for the game, but I do appreciate the fact that the Asian hero didn't get defaulted to the "ninja-stealth-assassin" role.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lord_daeloth posted:

I'm not even close to being able to plop down that much money for the game, but I do appreciate the fact that the Asian hero didn't get defaulted to the "ninja-stealth-assassin" role.

The Chinese "greater Asia" faction is all about heavy infantry and power armor. There's an anime Japanese ninja subfaction but they probably won't have a hero in the base box.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

lord_daeloth posted:

On the other hand, in Infinity tradition,all of the women seem to have high heels on in combat. At least they don't have any of their 'pin up' models for it (yet).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It bums me out how much that would cost with shipping.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I kind of want this, what are the odds its a decent game?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Mors Rattus posted:

I see you got my point right away.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ropes4u posted:

Probably, CB's other games are good.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ropes4u posted:

Reports from Infinity friendly outlets and test games at Gencon and other conventions say good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

GrandpaPants posted:

Man, spirit Island digital looks like it's not going to hit its stretch goals, and possibly not even the regular goals. That's sort of disappointing.

Yeah. It really looks like they're going to make a great implementation (the development insights, as well as One Deck Dungeon and everything I've heard of Sentinels). But I can't make a pledge for Spirit Island that might not have Serpent/Wildfire/B&C.