Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

her biggest problem prior to Ukraineghazi imo is that 2016 broke her brain like it did half the forums, but instead of becoming a communist and/or a nihilist she became paralyzed with terror that she might make a mistake and cause a Trump reelection

probably not far off the mark, but you also forgot the part where she want to make sure her money is safe.

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Oh, Lindsey. Why didn't you at least tweet plausible lies?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cr0y posted:

Also my local infrastructure week is going well
https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/1188798813177290752?s=19

owned, bus

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

Revelation 2-13 posted:

They're 100% just waiting to see how to phrase/spin their condemnation, depending on the wording of the vote.

I guarantee you the vote will be entirely on party lines and the Republicans will still pull the same poo poo.

The Republican base doesn't rely on any news sources other than Fox News, who aren't reporting honestly. The majority of Trump voters I know just spout whatever nonsense Trump has on his Twitter.

Trump is not going to get removed from office, and almost everyone who voted for him in 2016 will vote for him in 2020, and because of the gerrymandered districts and vote suppression he will again have a huge chance of winning in 2020. Don't rely on the Democratic party to change things. The only way to win in 2020 is to do everything in your power to get people who would not have voted to get out and vote against Trump. The Republican party will continue to use all the tricks they have before, including foreign influence, to win in 2020 and continue to enrich their masters and gently caress the American citizenry.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

cr0y posted:

Also my local infrastructure week is going well
https://twitter.com/PennLive/status/1188798813177290752?s=19

handling sub-pavement erosion is actually sort of a pain in the rear end, but if you don't catch it before "literal sinkhole" you done goofed

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pittsburgh doesn't want to be fed. Pittsburgh wants to HUNT!

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

betaraywil posted:

Oh, Lindsey. Why didn't you at least tweet plausible lies?

Because Donald Trump doesn't tweet plausible lies, and all Lindsey can do is attach himself to other, more successful politicians like the human suckerfish that he is.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

SchrodingersCat posted:

I guarantee you the vote will be entirely on party lines and the Republicans will still pull the same poo poo.

The house doesn't really work like that, there's a real chance of some defections on this.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1188942584204419073?s=20

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GreyjoyBastard posted:

handling sub-pavement erosion is actually sort of a pain in the rear end, but if you don't catch it before "literal sinkhole" you done goofed

We have a spot down our street where a canal passes under it that turns into a sinkhole in that spot, like clockwork, every 20 years

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

And as my resolution is no longer needed, I will be pulling it back from what was sure to be certain passage.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

We have a spot down our street where a canal passes under it that turns into a sinkhole in that spot, like clockwork, every 20 years

.... How old are you

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingorc posted:

.... How old are you

Timeless

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Who could possibly have predicted this!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Pretty sure that's when Pennywise emerges to feed

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

Pretty sure that's when Pennywise emerges to feed

:ohdear:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Munkeymon posted:

lol OK sure - I'm going to wait for the person I actually asked to answer the question I actually asked but "you're not helping for the right reasons" is gold

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night posted:

it's...it's about how they don't ACTUALLY help, they just want to be seen and feel better...that's not helping minority communities...

This, plus also the fact that on some level, people who voted Trump were perfectly ready and willing to dump any and all "others" to hell in order to bolster their own sense of security. If they're genuinely upset about what they helped usher, there's plenty of causes and groups that take donations or volunteers to aid LGBT+ people, because the fact of the matter is, their vote helped bring about the events/new justices that could, and likely will, cause transgender discrimination in housing and employment to become legalized next June. I don't want empty promises and white lies about doing better while they pollute the discourse with their soft bigotry, because we have enough poo poo to deal with as it is within our own community, both from other LGBT people and straight "allies" posing as LGBT people while attempting to excise transgender people from the community.

I want real, meaningful action, because while allies masturbate over how much they think they're helping, serious damage is being done to the LGBT community every goddamn day and nobody seems to give a poo poo about it.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world

SchrodingersCat posted:

...almost everyone who voted for him in 2016 will vote for him in 2020, and because of the gerrymandered districts and vote suppression he will again have a huge chance of winning in 2020...
I highly doubt this. Trump got a lot of votes from people that thought of him as a wild card or even a secret moderate, and no one is gonna think that now. I don't know how representative it is, but I've seen a lot of Trump supporters that are pro-Bernie Sanders of all people. And while it's far, FAR less then it should be, Trump has definitely alienated some of the Republican base with his rhetoric. It's gonna be an up hill battle.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I've seen a lot of Trump supporters that are pro-Bernie Sanders of all people.

I've personally seen a lot of this too, and it gives some weight (not all the weight, but some) to the much maligned "economic anxiety" thing people mock here

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's possible to be a good person who voted Trump provided you are really, really stupid and disinformed.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

I've personally seen a lot of this too, and it gives some weight (not all the weight, but some) to the much maligned "economic anxiety" thing people mock here

Wasn't there some amount of pro-Bernie voters that went Trump in 2016? One wonders if this is just them again?

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

VH4Ever posted:

Wasn't there some amount of pro-Bernie voters that went Trump in 2016? One wonders if this is just them again?

Oh boy. Here we go.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

I'm glad the Call of Duty dog finally got some recognition

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Ague Proof posted:

It's possible to be a good person who voted Trump provided you are really, really stupid.

or, possibly, deeply poisoned by marinating in RWM for loving decades

while I routinely try to deprogram conservatives I interact with in the course of daily life / work, the real problem is Fox News and such

I'm not sure how we'd go about breaking its hold though

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

VH4Ever posted:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

GreyjoyBastard posted:

or, possibly, deeply poisoned by marinating in RWM for loving decades

no, those folks are bad people

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

I don't have a secret agenda here I just thought that was a thing that happened. I still don't get it but it did, right?

I do think Trump's pitch is a lot harder already being president than it was when he wasn't. Now he has to defend what he did or didn't do, not just lob insults. He'll do that anyway but I doubt it convinces as many fence-sitters as before.

Still need to mobilize like crazy against him in any case.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm not sure how we'd go about breaking its hold though

I've thought about what that would take. What you want to do is get Fox news off your cable packages, and stop places from passively having it on in the background. Best case say everyone under 35 just decides to leave their cable/internet provider to an internet only one unless comcast and everyone else stop including it on their basic packages.

But even that thought is infeasible. Just off the top of my head you'd have problems

1. organizing it (I'll get started on some concept art)
2. not enough internet only providers out there to make it feasible all over the country
3. not even sure that would make a big enough dent in their profits

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

VH4Ever posted:

There's a whole category of voters now called "Obama-Trump Voters". Will they stick with Trump the next go around? We don't know. Of course there were Bernie-Trump voters, but I don't know of any numbers.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

How are u posted:

There's a whole category of voters now called "Obama-Trump Voters". Will they stick with Trump the next go around? We don't know. Of course there were Bernie-Trump voters, but I don't know of any numbers.

FWIW I remember it being a pretty small number.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

How are u posted:

There's a whole category of voters now called "Obama-Trump Voters".

also known as morons

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind

It was lower than the number of Hillary-McCain voters which includes Amy Siskind oh God I'm sorry everyone

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

VH4Ever posted:

FWIW I remember it being a pretty small number.

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. It seems most people like Bernie for his left economics, but there's certainly a small percentage of anti-establishment reactionaries who would back Trump over KKKlinton.

e: a small number of people who backed Bernie definitely moved to vote for Trump, I'm sorry if it makes you feel bad but it is a fact. vvvvvv

How are u fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 28, 2019

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I guarantee you that there is not one single person who voted for Trump that can accurately describe even one single policy position of Bernie Sanders. The whole concept of "Bernie to Trump voters" is laughable from the ground up

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

empty whippet box posted:

I guarantee you that there is not one single person who voted for Trump that can accurately describe even one single policy position of Bernie Sanders. The whole concept of "Bernie to Trump voters" is laughable from the ground up

Uh say that to this guy's face.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

empty whippet box posted:

It's almost as if people, by and large, don't give a gently caress about a candidates policies...

yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

SchrodingersCat posted:

The Republican base doesn't rely on any news sources other than Fox News, who aren't reporting honestly. The majority of Trump voters I know just spout whatever nonsense Trump has on his Twitter.

Trump is not going to get removed from office, and almost everyone who voted for him in 2016 will vote for him in 2020, and because of the gerrymandered districts and vote suppression he will again have a huge chance of winning in 2020. Don't rely on the Democratic party to change things. The only way to win in 2020 is to do everything in your power to get people who would not have voted to get out and vote against Trump. The Republican party will continue to use all the tricks they have before, including foreign influence, to win in 2020 and continue to enrich their masters and gently caress the American citizenry.

I agree with all this but also want to add impeachment is still good because it shows how illegitimate he is. It’s like booing him on national TV but stays in historic memory longer. (For similar reasons, voting against Trump is still good in “safe” blue/red states because the total popular vote count is still highly visible.)

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Riptor posted:

also known as morons

I agree but with the caveat that Obama's 2008 campaign was full of the "we are going to reform poo poo" rhetoric that Bernie uses and Trump used a twisted, perverse version of while Hillary was "Let them eat cakeing" her way across America (but not the battleground America)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So they followed up with the pallbearer who refused to shake Mitch's hand, and it turns out that, shocking as it may be, Mitch is a world class piece of poo poo. Not just in general this time, but to a specific guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

sexpig by night posted:

making a dog a cop is one of the worst things you can do to a dog and I assume the same is true for troop dogs

It's way, way, way worse for military dogs as the policy for a long time was to just exterminate the dogs after they'd been useful. Military being the military wasn't prompt about it either so you'd have these dogs people had bonded with just left to rot in kennels with basically no care for a long time, too.

Literally probably the most pissed off I've ever seen vets in talking about the us mil was wrt how the dogs were treated.