Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

OzyMandrill posted:

Where's the best place to buy PC's or components these days?
Used to use Novatech but they seem out of stock of half the stuff these days.

Very specific but I got a great Black Friday deal on my Asus ROG PC a couple of years ago with Laptops Direct (who also do desktops), I actually phoned with questions and the advisor told me they're actually drop the price further the next day and let me have it at that further discount. Might be worth a look: https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
government: we want an election

corbyn:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Firos posted:

Pounding my clipboard
Election elecTION ELECTION

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1189132079163949058?s=21

I hope this puts this whole sorry episode to rest.

I don't have much hope, but let's fucken do this

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

CyberPingu posted:

My dad also used to breed Budgies, at one point had 30 of them in an Avery he built in the back garden, this thing was insane, it was a shed with full insulation, time controlled lighting and heating.

He had books dedicated to how to get certain colour matches, properly building the perfect avian race.

Did he take the same approach with you? ;)

Lovely budgies tho :3: My compliments to the genetic engineer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Firos posted:

Pounding my clipboard
Election elecTION ELECTION

https://twitter.com/adambienkov/status/1189132079163949058?s=21

:getin:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
another hung parliament would be the funniest result

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
Here we go here we go here we go?

SNP+LDEM support no longer relevant, unless Labour moves to amend the date to 9th Dec

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

ronya posted:

Here we go here we go here we go?

it's here we fuckin go

I thought you had an eye for detail

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
so did the handwringing about it being dark and students going back to gammonland evaporate overnight? Are they going for a government issued 12th or the lib dem/SNP date?

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

Don't give a single penny to overclockers.co.uk, they're run by BNP loving fash shitheads and their forums are full of nazis.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Can someone throw in an amendment to hold a remain/deal referendum on the same election day please? I'd really like to be done with all of this now tbh.

Plus the olds are scared of winter.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

blunt posted:

Can someone throw in an amendment to hold a remain/deal referendum on the same election day please? I'd really like to be done with all of this now tbh.

Plus the olds are scared of winter.

This is a loving idiotic idea.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Doccykins posted:

so did the handwringing about it being dark and students going back to gammonland evaporate overnight? Are they going for a government issued 12th or the lib dem/SNP date?

LAB can whip to support 12th but also amend for 9th and see if the government will withdraw its support (assuming it passes, which it might not)

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Pound_Coin posted:

Don't give a single penny to overclockers.co.uk, they're run by BNP loving fash shitheads and their forums are full of nazis.

Oh yeah this. They're also the ones that use b&w photos of gangsters as their avs right? Because lmao of course they want to project themselves like that.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Braggart posted:

Did he take the same approach with you? ;)

Lovely budgies tho :3: My compliments to the genetic engineer.

In what sense? Did he ship me off for adoption or did he attempt to build the perfect son through years of study.

Because if its the 2nd part. Then he succeeded :smug:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

OzyMandrill posted:

Overclockers UK are reliable and have decent support. Also every order comes with at least one fun size pack of Haribo.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'm sorry, what's the difference between the 9th and 12th? Besides the 12th being the convention as a Thursday?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm sorry, what's the difference between the 9th and 12th? Besides the 12th being the convention as a Thursday?

about 3

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

OzyMandrill posted:

Id just stick all the parts you want into PC Partpicker, see which one comes out the cheapest or has the best warranty and buy from there.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Firos posted:

This is a loving idiotic idea.

It is. And yet I'm ok with it because when we inevitably get another hung parliament at least Brexit won't absorb another three years.

E: I'll also point out that other countries frequently hold referendums concurrently with their main elections and at this point you don't need another referendum 'campaign' - everybody's opinion of remain or deal is set and if it hasn't changed since the first referendum it isn't gonna change now. Time to finish the issue.

blunt fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Oct 29, 2019

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

The 9th means parliament has to dissolve this Friday whereas the 12th gives 3 more days for them to work on things such as, budget, something to do with NI and maybe get the WAB passed.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

Overclockers UK are reliable and have decent support. Also every order comes with at least one fun size pack of Haribo.

The guy who founded OcUK was a fully fledged fascist and I've always avoided them for that reason. Is he still the owner?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Burgon confirms Labour will push to extend the franchise to 16/17 year olds and EU citizens :getin:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BizarroAzrael posted:

There has to be 25 days between dissolution and election, so the 9th means Parliament would be dissolved this Friday (sadly only metaphorically). Which would prevent them pushing through the Working Withdrawal Agreement in that brief time.

And WAB=NDB in Jan 2021, as it stands. Probably

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 29, 2019

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I love that after all this time the franchise extension could be sorted in a few hours on a Tuesday.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pound_Coin posted:

This is old news. The OCUK forums used to be a cesspit, but the mods police it pretty well now and politics is quarantined. If you want to be a mindless far right Brexit-lover then you can hang out in GD, but try that in Speaker's Corner and you'll be banned from at least the subforum. The worst you'll encounter there is a fistful of Lib Dems who bought the "Corbyn is unelectable line", but they all rag on the local Pissflaps anyway and a lot of them would fit right in here.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Lol

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Jose posted:

another hung parliament would be the funniest result

Corby with a majority larger than 1995 would be the funniest result just to watch the press poo poo itself dead in fury

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Fans posted:

Corby with a majority larger than 1995 would be the funniest result just to watch the press poo poo itself dead in fury

"Despite Corbyn, Labour benefits from Tory disarray"

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kassad posted:

They'll have a separate WiFi named "Yellow Peril".
Knowing the UK, it'll be separate WiFi for the Chinese but all the backend kit will be Huawei.

Pound_Coin posted:

I've not bought anything from them for well over a decade but I did not know this.

Seems like an odd venn diagram, modders and ethno-nationalists. I guess the intersection is 'gamers'.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
A Labour majority with Johnson and Swinson losing their seats is the funniest imo.

Plank Sanction
Nov 3, 2016

Who invented the skip?

peanut- posted:

The guy who founded OcUK was a fully fledged fascist and I've always avoided them for that reason. Is he still the owner?

Looks like he died in 2018. This is the first I've heard of OcUK being like that, but I've been out of the whole PC world for a long time now since I lost touch with new games. I bought a power supply, RAM and a graphics card from them years ago and they seemed fine (if a bit snarky about some obscure port thing that went over my head). Not really that surprising though.

I'm actually about to buy a Raspberry Pi 4 for for my tinkering needs!

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
Some of you are Labour organizers here - please repost the many ways someone who wants to get involved could do so. Perhaps even toss it in the OP, Guava?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Here we... here we... hee we fuckin' go!!!!

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
This reddit post by a London landlord was rightfully torn to shreds, but the best part is this particular reply

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Superterranean posted:

Some of you are Labour organizers here - please repost the many ways someone who wants to get involved could do so. Perhaps even toss it in the OP, Guava?

I've only started to get involved but it's as simple as: become member, look out for emails from your local branch, attend canvassing sessions detailed in emails

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/ocuk-survey-2019-results.18867056/

Relevant and very convenient.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

It's bizarre, the most useless (and yet most dangerous) man in politics has got exactly what he wanted yet again. It's almost like he knows what he's doing.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Mu. posted:

A Labour majority with Johnson and Swinson losing their seats is the funniest imo.

It literally might happen still. The guy Johnson was tipped to be parachuted in over was reselected by his local party on the weekend so lol forever if Joris stays in the same place and loses his seat.

xtothez posted:

This reddit post by a London landlord was rightfully torn to shreds, but the best part is this particular reply

A cool response posted:

Be a shame if an enterprising individual forwarded this thread to the relevant people about a housing company with an S38 agreement that was signed in 1983, concerning a property located on the edges of the Sir John Cass catchment area, a company that has since passed from deceased father to son, where said son is attempting to evict a fully compliant tenant out of the aforementioned property out of greed.

Be a real shame if that same anonymous someone had taken screenshots in case this was deleted. Be a real shame to see an honest landlord like yourself suffer because some awful chapocel did just that.

I can only hope that awful, terrible, no good, hypothetical person didn't send the same email to every single vaguely relevant authority they could find to really gently caress you over.

Amazing. This is as good as the dickhead director trying to avoid going to jail for raiding his employee's pension funds.

Saros fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Plank Sanction posted:

Looks like he died in 2018. This is the first I've heard of OcUK being like that, but I've been out of the whole PC world for a long time now since I lost touch with new games. I bought a power supply, RAM and a graphics card from them years ago and they seemed fine (if a bit snarky about some obscure port thing that went over my head). Not really that surprising though.

I'm actually about to buy a Raspberry Pi 4 for for my tinkering needs!

Oh good, Google also tells me the site was sold a few years back so it's probably alright to use them.

Sample quote from the founder of OcUK, posted on the site's open forum:
"There is no national dignity without the people believing in their race and nation above all else. No compromise over homosexuality. It should be made illegal again and stiff penalties imposed on the "pink Mafia" now infiltrating Society at all levels"