Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Diet Crack posted:

Ah yes, tackling climate change by shipping out junk mail for an election you have no loving chance of winning.

Seriously Lib Dems, gently caress off.

Doesn't say PM of what though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Are Hearts.

Jo Swinson plates when?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

ThomasPaine posted:

Somebody I rated retweeted this and god drat shut up and stop giving this bullshit oxygen

https://twitter.com/gabemilne96/status/1189148403269341184?s=19
https://mobile.twitter.com/JackEsq007/status/1189150065463562240
*internal screaming intensifies*

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

ThomasPaine posted:

Really disappointed that the 16/17 amendment wasn't selected

It was never really likely to be. A one line bill for an election has a very specific scope: have an election on date x. Changing the franchise laws to go along with that is way too much to do in a single bill - plus the Electoral Commission have said that they need longer to prepare.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

ThomasPaine posted:

Really disappointed that the 16/17 amendment wasn't selected

don’t be. it was a stunt and not even the Labour proposers could have expected it to get selected and pass
but it’s got the message of “we care about young people” all over the news, which looks more like what the intent was. that should hopefully shore up the 18/19 vote a bit

there’s simply no way they could register kids in the next couple of weeks so might has well have been an amendment for poling stations on the moon

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EvilHawk posted:

It was never really likely to be. A one line bill for an election has a very specific scope: have an election on date x. Changing the franchise laws to go along with that is way too much to do in a single bill - plus the Electoral Commission have said that they need longer to prepare.

What about EU citizens? They're already registered at least?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Cerv posted:

there’s simply no way they could register kids in the next couple of weeks so might has well have been an amendment for poling stations on the moon
I bet at least one of the tories has binders full of children.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

I bet at least one of the tories has freezers full of children.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

kecske posted:

how do I vote for specifically this

Sorry dude, vote Corbyn summoning Meteor, or bust.

Guavanaut posted:

I bet at least one of the tories has binders full of children's skins.

happyhippy posted:

Doesn't say PM of what though.

PM of our *guffs tremendously*

[e]: I'm looking forward to FF7 remake, what can I say :v:
VVV

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Oct 29, 2019

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pesky Splinter posted:

Sorry dude, vote Corbyn summoning Meteor, or bust.

Meteor isn't a summon, it's a regular spell.

(Actually I think the one Sephiroth uses is summoned but)

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I know this isn't really politics, but has a bit of a tinge of political discourse to it:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/bulgaria-vs-england-racist-chants-uefa-stadium-ban-uefa-a9176151.html

I am laughing so much. English fans are full of decorum and never act in racist manners!

(Soccer/Football is poo poo anyway)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1171195292546473984

Also
https://twitter.com/parliawint/status/1171201932347793409

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah but that's a big boi that'd going to destroy the earth, rather than some rocks that hit the other guys.

Also he summons the sun to go supernova and just gently scorch everyone.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

Mmm that might be a deal breaker. Not for me, but my partner watches a lot of catchup and the like, and also some amazon prime. Will look into it though - it'd very much be my poo poo and I can follow instructions pretty well and have a reasonable knowledge of computer and the touching thereof. I just know poo poo all about networks

Prime/netflix does work it just requires a bit more messing about setting it up

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Ms Adequate posted:

The materia is black so it probably doesn't adhere to conventional magic/summon divisions.
:goonsay:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

fluppet posted:

Such as? You just go to netflix.com/gb, log in and hey presto.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Nerds...NERDS!!!

(I always wondered what kind of magic the giant materia did)

fluppet posted:

Mmm ok. Said partner is away atm so I'm going to do what I do best - get stoned and do internet research in my pants

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Enallyniv posted:

The materia is black so it probably doesn't adhere to conventional magic/summon divisions.
:goonsay:

Ah yeah good shout, who knows?

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
For a smart box IMO you can't go much wrong with a Roku box. They start at a cheap price, work reliability and are easy to use, support all the main players, and provide updates for wages so the box won't start losing support for Netflix or something after a couple of years.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

Nerds...NERDS!!!

(I always wondered what kind of magic the giant materia did)
Big Magic.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Ms Adequate posted:

The black materia one is explicitly summoned (as in it says it ropes in a passing giant rock and drags it towards the planet). Comet and normal Meteor is still 'summoned' but it depends how pedantic you want to get about it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Meteor Swarm

9 evocation

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: 1 mile

Components: V S

Duration: Instantaneous

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013

Diet Crack posted:

Ah yes, tackling climate change by shipping out junk mail for an election you have no loving chance of winning.

Everything else aside, this is an extremely ugly bit of graphic design.

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Diet Crack posted:

I know this isn't really politics, but has a bit of a tinge of political discourse to it:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/bulgaria-vs-england-racist-chants-uefa-stadium-ban-uefa-a9176151.html

I am laughing so much. English fans are full of decorum and never act in racist manners!

haha!

defending racism to own the sportsball fans!

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Presumably offered because they can't get new candidates for those seats in the time if an election is called and 10 cowardly custards have agreed.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1189248040214900748?s=20

Pencils R Cool
Feb 16, 2011
Is this the level of comedic talent needed to write for HIGNFY? I bow down before my Establishment Liberals Who Just Know Better.

https://twitter.com/Sara_Rose_G/status/1189215787933978625

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Rust Martialis posted:

Meteor Swarm

9 evocation

Casting Time: 1 action

Range: 1 mile

Components: V S

Duration: Instantaneous
If it's instantaneous, does that mean it moves through the interveaning air between either the caster or from where it's summoned up in the sky and to its target instantaneously? I've had this debate with a whole bunch of players and DMs over the years, both as a DM and a player, and it's never quite been settled.
If it is instantaneous, it seems to imply that there's a teleport (without error?) involved, whereas if it's not then the duration is labeled wrong.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Pencils R Cool posted:

Is this the level of comedic talent needed to write for HIGNFY? I bow down before my Establishment Liberals Who Just Know Better.

https://twitter.com/Sara_Rose_G/status/1189215787933978625

Jesus christ that's embarrassing. I would say don't quit your day job but holy poo poo please quit your day job

the wobble
May 22, 2005

Bryter Layter
Doctor Rope

OzyMandrill posted:

Where's the best place to buy PC's or components these days?
Used to use Novatech but they seem out of stock of half the stuff these days.

It's an obligate answer, but I will still finally check the "PC Building/Upgrading/Parts-picking Megathread" on SA.
requires some investigations, of course, but managed to help me out more than once (price/quality).

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

OwlFancier posted:

I mean it's literally you throw money into the mindless howling void, get it sold between a million faceless companies, and hope at the end it's worth more somehow?

I'm not sure how anyone thinks that's supposed to work?

Like surely you could get better results throwing money off a bridge in the hopes the wind blows more back at you?

Not sure how this works in the UK, but in most countries everything you put into a private pension is not taxed, so you get x% extra at the end just by avoiding the 20-30-40-x% tax that would be applied to that money otherwise. Also some employers are matching your contribution up to a %, if you are setting up the private pension fund directly on your payslip (so if you put 5% of your monthly salary to a pension fund, your employer may match up to that 5%).

This all of course if we are going to see that money back after several decades, but it beats keeping it under a mattress (or in most low risk deposits).

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

D. Ebdrup posted:

If it's instantaneous, does that mean it moves through the interveaning air between either the caster or from where it's summoned up in the sky and to its target instantaneously? I've had this debate with a whole bunch of players and DMs over the years, both as a DM and a player, and it's never quite been settled.
If it is instantaneous, it seems to imply that there's a teleport (without error?) involved, whereas if it's not then the duration is labeled wrong.
It's pulling them from the spacially coincidental quasiplane of meteors right into whatever plane you're currently on m8.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Diet Crack posted:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Pablo Bluth posted:

For a smart box IMO you can't go much wrong with a Roku box. They start at a cheap price, work reliability and are easy to use, support all the main players, and provide updates for wages so the box won't start losing support for Netflix or something after a couple of years.

Huh. That looks good. It'll be another doofer - we already use a telly and a speaker one - but it looks like it'd do everything we'd want it to

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

TheRat posted:

Jesus christ that's embarrassing. I would say don't quit your day job but holy poo poo please quit your day job

Eh the second one is okay, it's just riffing off someone supporting the outsider as a inherent good. The earlier ones are B A D though yikes.

Omg amazing.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Diet Crack posted:

like sure England fans are generally poo poo but at least they don't tend to throw up the Nazi salute en masse

the problem with this punishment is it's way too lenient, Bulgaria were already playing with restricted attendance because of previous racism incidents so it's clearly not a very good deterrent, and :laffo: if they think putting up a loving banner is going to change anything

boot them out from the next tournament they qualify for IMO

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Whats so important between the 9th and the 12th as to when the election is held? It looks like they are just wasting time now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

:thunk:

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I take politics relatively seriously but I'm also quite laid back about comedy, so I don't mind jokes about Corbyn or Labour etc but theres no punchline or clever satire in these videos. It comes as no shock to me that she was employed by the BBC as a comedy writer.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

https://twitter.com/AliceAvizandum/status/1189177968196636672

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

you know lib dems are gonna find this and use it unironically in their campaign