Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Presumably offered because they can't get new candidates for those seats in the time if an election is called and 10 cowardly custards have agreed.

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/1189248040214900748?s=20

Lol Hammond. What a sad sack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007

a lot of them are Tories, yes

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Pencils R Cool posted:

Is this the level of comedic talent needed to write for HIGNFY? I bow down before my Establishment Liberals Who Just Know Better.

https://twitter.com/Sara_Rose_G/status/1189215787933978625

She's part of the Frankie Weetabix clique so you know :shrug:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
It's weird how right wing comedy always seems like a terrible facsimile of normal comedy built around hate that people only laugh at if they also hate the target.

Good satire punches down, as they say.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 29, 2019

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Braggart posted:

It's weird how right wing comedy always seems like a terrible facsimile of normal comedy built around hate that people only laugh at if they also hate the target.

Good satire punches down, as they say.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
all these supposed back-and-forths about election dates and I haven't received a single phone call asking what day would be most convenient for me personally to stay up all night watching the election results. these out of touch politicians don't care about the people

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/1189173491309797376

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Is there any day when you wouldn't do that?

Is this even a question?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Maybe this time they'll make the election a public holiday or put it on a saturday?

lol

As if

But imagine if EU residents and under 18s could vote that would be amazing.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Borrovan posted:

Is there any day when you wouldn't do that?

Is this even a question?

well exactly, that's the problem. i want to be well refreshed in the mornings I have to do poo poo regardless of the bad news-watching life decisions I make the night previous. I refuse to experience consequences for my actions.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Angepain posted:

all these supposed back-and-forths about election dates and I haven't received a single phone call asking what day would be most convenient for me personally to stay up all night watching the election results. these out of touch politicians don't care about the people

FPTP is great for sharp, punchy TV, with quick results, but when it comes to drama and interaction PR:STV can't be beat. Forget arguments about it being more representative of a country's politics, or changing the nature of governments, when you're plotting out how a constituency's eliminated candidate's transfers might go late into day 2 of the count you'll be in a coma to all but political finagling.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

lmao the semicolon

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

If there's a meteor plane does that mean you could summon meteor elementals? :thunk:

ThomasPaine posted:

Was literally going to say "It's like if France Tweetmans did 'comedy'"

Chuff McNothing
Sep 9, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lady doesn't have the DIVISION delivery

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Which amendments are up for vote tonight? And why is this fairly fundamental information apparently so difficult to find?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

ThomasPaine posted:

That explains a lot.

Ms Adequate posted:

If there's a meteor plane does that mean you could summon meteor elementals? :thunk:

Meteor elementals are just rock elementals giving a very fast headbutt.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Mrenda posted:

FPTP is great for sharp, punchy TV, with quick results, but when it comes to drama and interaction PR:STV can't be beat. Forget arguments about it being more representative of a country's politics, or changing the nature of governments, when you're plotting out how a constituency's eliminated candidate's transfers might go late into day 2 of the count you'll be in a coma to all but political finagling.
I can't sustain my drinking that long

(apologies to everyone who was in the IRC in 2017 & 2019)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Ms Adequate posted:

Sure, why not. There's dust mephits and that. A Meteor elemental is wholly plausible.

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Fumble posted:

Whats so important between the 9th and the 12th as to when the election is held? It looks like they are just wasting time now.

I'm not totally sure but I think it's something to do with the resulting date for parliament to be dissolved, where the 12th gives Boris a window somewhere to have another go at pushing his deal through, whereas the 9th doesn't give him enough time to do anything.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Where's Bercow?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
295-315 on the date amendment so the date is the 12th, not sure if there are any other meaningful amendments to come.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Where's Bercow?

the bill was in committee stage so the speaker doesn't preside, after division he should return for the 3rd reading

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Chris Leslie is frantically trying some shenanigans.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Steve2911 posted:

Where's Bercow?

There's Bercow.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Bercow's just returned and the Deputy Speaker got caught on mic saying "I don't know what to do".

DIVISIOOOOON!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

"I dont know what to do" what the heck lmao

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
I dropped a nice pasta bake when I took it out the oven to give it a stir, just before the amendment vote.

This was bad for Corbyn.

E: So what was the CUK trying to do?

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

RockyB posted:

I dropped a nice pasta bake when I took it out the oven to give it a stir, just before the amendment vote.

This was bad for Corbyn.

how you gonna get a nice crispy top if you keep stirring it?

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Bercow's just returned and the Deputy Speaker got caught on mic saying "I don't know what to do".

DIVISIOOOOON!

She said "it wasn't that I don't know what to do" and then the mic cut out, I think she was letting the Bercow do the whole thing.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

295-315 on the date amendment so the date is the 12th
the 12th if bojo wins

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

RockyB posted:

This was bad for Corbyn.

I'm willing to bet drop an amendment saying "I'm afraaaaaaid that we can't have a general election"

Oh lol he gets a pity job as a teller for the vote, so he gets to be formally responsible for ending his Parliamentary career.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

RockyB posted:

This was bad for Corbyn.

Why would you stir a pasta bake?

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Why does it matter whether it's the 9th or the 12th?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

the 12th if bojo wins

No, it's the 12th or not at all.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

EvilHawk posted:

She said "it wasn't that I don't know what to do" and then the mic cut out, I think she was letting the Bercow do the whole thing.
yeah at the third reading bercow's supposed to take over again

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No, it's the 12th or not at all.
yes, if bojo wins this vote that his government brought.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RockyB posted:

Put in an amendment that would give voting rights to eu citizens, aka making Boris pull the election bill, aka desperately trying to not lose their seats.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm willing to bet drop an amendment saying "I'm afraaaaaaid that we can't have a general election"

Oh lol he gets a pity job as a teller for the vote, so he gets to be formally responsible for ending his Parliamentary career.

That happened when he joined the CUKs.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

jBrereton posted:

yes, if bojo wins this vote that his government brought.

Labour are one-line whipping for the election, so unless something genuinely spectacular happens the election is going ahead, the only battle was over the date.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

SNP have abstained on the third reading.