Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
I can't vote

I hope the people of this country loving wake up and Labour wins

AD 303 - Emperor Diocletian launches the last major persecution of Christians in the Empire. A bad time was had by all.

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Josef bugman posted:

Also I am very tired, I think that playing Disco Elysium is (whilst fun) bumming me out a bit because I have no idea if I am doing things right.

Still, we'll have to see where things go.

I'm not really sure there's a wrong way to play. I just finished it and am looking forward to using CheatEngine to scum my way through all the dialogue choices so I can have an "optimal" playthrough with all successes, but it's not like I was unsatisfied with my own playthrough. I'd also maybe like to do an absolute shithead playthrough, going for liberalism rather than Mazovian Good Lad.

I will say, for a game that has quite so much death, it'd be nice if it autosaved more often. I had to retrace my steps a lot because I kept forgetting to save frequently.l

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Halisnacks posted:

Is there a mistake in this video? “Fox hunting ban = gone/blocked”, as a Labour victory?

IIRC May's manifesto wanted to repeal the fox hunting ban but that was scrapped when she lost her majority. The video could be clearer.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

RabidWeasel posted:

So when does the "BBC has to pretend to not be biased" period start?

Purdah is 6 weeks, the broadcast neutrality bit has historically been ~5 weeks but that's convention not law.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

LMAO a pissflaps original uk election thread so he can finally post again. He must be so happy.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Junior G-man posted:

LMAO a pissflaps original uk election thread so he can finally post again. He must be so happy.

Can someone be banned from their own thread?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Weird we've not had a dedicated election thread for any of the elections or referendum while I've been reading UKMT. Wonder why someone would think we need one now.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Steve2911 posted:

Can someone be banned from their own thread?

The question is just how long has been been sitting on that OP thinking 'Finally, this is my chance!'.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Beefeater1980 posted:

Yes, I’m still on the electoral register. Made a donation.

Nice!

And if you do know any other people living in Brazil that are able to vote in the UK or know of any expat networks that's another really good way to potentially get more votes for Labour.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

I can't vote

I hope the people of this country loving wake up and Labour wins

AD 303 - Emperor Diocletian launches the last major persecution of Christians in the Empire. A bad time was had by all.

I'm not advocating breaking the law but you could probably find a neighbour who can vote and is probably a gammon and just turn up to the polling station, give them your name & address & then vote Labour.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine being that pathetic

just loving imagine it

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

forkboy84 posted:

Weird we've not had a dedicated election thread for any of the elections or referendum while I've been reading UKMT. Wonder why someone would think we need one now.

Scot independence referendum got silo-ed out. I'm fine with it, it's not like you have to read that thread to hear what's happening in the election.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
If Labour and the SNP went into a coalition. then Scotland had another referendum and that is successful. What happens? Does Labour need to find another government partner or is another GE held

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

It'll be interesting to see if the Tories get their wish for a Brexit election.

They're right that people are sick of it, but there's a real chance that means they're sick of talking about it during an election campaign and want to talk about something else instead.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

So who got closest on that poll on the google doc that I've apparently lost the link to?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

RockyB posted:

The question is just how long has been been sitting on that OP thinking 'Finally, this is my chance!'.

loving Corbyn, call an election already dammit! I need attention!

Braggart fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 29, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CyberPingu posted:

If Labour and the SNP went into a coalition. then Scotland had another referendum and that is successful. What happens? Does Labour need to find another government partner or is another GE held
Not immediately, because it's not like every Scottish person would become not-a-brit immediately. See also: Brexit.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

namesake posted:

Scot independence referendum got silo-ed out. I'm fine with it, it's not like you have to read that thread to hear what's happening in the election.

Forgot that ScotPol thread was an offshoot of the indyref and not the other way round. Still, it's a pointless exercise for one boring poster to get around their thread ban.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

namesake posted:

Sounds like 'billions of pounds more for the NHS that won't get creamed off by private companies' seems like the sort of thing they might like.

Good thing that's Labour policy eh?

These people don't deal in facts. They just say 'Boris will sort em all out' and 'that Corbyn better not come round here the dick'. You could literally tell them Boris is going to nonce their beloved grandchildren and they would still vote for him. Just have to hope the wave of newer voters outnumbers this old school 'sports team' style thinking.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

xtothez posted:

Finally did something long overdue

Let's do this thing

Nice.

For anyone that doesn't want to formally join the Labour Party for X reason (ie they are poo poo on free speech) or can't afford the monthly direct debit you can still get involved, google your constituency + momentum or + the local candidate and sign up to the mailing list for volunteering.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Angepain posted:

My election prediction is that on December 13 I definitely will not go back and edit this post so that it looks like I predicted the result

And I definitely won't point at this quote of your duplicity.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Chuff McNothing posted:

haha!

defending racism to own the sportsball fans!

You might want to stop huffing the turps if that's your level of reading comprehension.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

goddamnedtwisto posted:

And I definitely won't point at this quote of your duplicity.

much more fun to let the people too stupid/hungover to look for the last edited timestamp out themselves

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Never expected to actually do this but here we are:

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Diet Crack posted:

You might want to stop huffing the turps if that's your level of reading comprehension.

You were doing the purity test victims of racism thing that’s so loving obnoxious it’s almost comedic at this point.

In the same week Mussolini’s granddaughter has been caterwauling at football fans because they told Lazio to go and follow her granddad off a makeshift gallows

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
So what was the actual point of the FTPA? It seems like the whole point of a parliamentary system is that either the PM or the opposition calls elections on a regular basis when governing breaks down, instead of having a regular schedule. The FTPA supposedly "got rid" of that, but is that actually better? Also it seems like part of the point of the act was to dilute a PM's power to control the timing of elections, so the whole process was more "fair". But isn't the whole mess that's going on right now basically coming from the PM deciding on the date of an election?

What did the legislation actually do in effect, other than add additional predetermined dates for elections if governments don't break down for other reasons?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

wocobob posted:

So what was the actual point of the FTPA?

the short-term gain of making it more difficult for the 2010 coalition to dissolve. they said it was about fairness and democracy and all that at the time but it was fairly transparent

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

wocobob posted:

So what was the actual point of the FTPA? It seems like the whole point of a parliamentary system is that either the PM or the opposition calls elections on a regular basis when governing breaks down, instead of having a regular schedule. The FTPA supposedly "got rid" of that, but is that actually better? Also it seems like part of the point of the act was to dilute a PM's power to control the timing of elections, so the whole process was more "fair". But isn't the whole mess that's going on right now basically coming from the PM deciding on the date of an election?

What did the legislation actually do in effect, other than add additional predetermined dates for elections if governments don't break down for other reasons?

It was a poorly thought out act to stop the Tories backstabbing the Lib Dems without thinking what happened after the first election.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Supermajorities to avoid the government holding too much power, balancing back to legislature.

Parliament has decided that there’ll be an election, not the Executive

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I remain pessimistic that it'll be a Labour majority, but I really hope it works out for you folks in England

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

e: nm

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Angepain posted:

much more fun to let the people too stupid/hungover to look for the last edited timestamp out themselves

Or - because we have multiple political threads - you post different predictions in each and then point at the correct one.

Of course the true pro way is to post an image hosted on a server you control (or at least can control the naming of files on) and change the image.

I might have done this more than once on slower-moving forums.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
I want a Labour manifesto and I want it now

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Total Meatlove posted:

Supermajorities to avoid the government holding too much power, balancing back to legislature.

Parliament has decided that there’ll be an election, not the Executive

Oh wait, did it used to be the case that the PM could just dissolve parliament by fiat, instead of having to get a vote through?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Chuka Umana posted:

I want a Labour manifesto and I want it now

You can't leak it to the press in advance this time Chuka!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Why get Chuka to leak it when Jessflaps can do it for us?

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Crossing over from the pissflaps thread, but: my normally very Tory aunt in Tunbridge Wells is voting LD this time round and thinks that they will unseat the conservatives. So while I think it’s a good idea to vote Labour in *almost* any circumstances, if it’s a close Tory/LD race and Labour is very very distant third, maybe worth tactical voting on the grounds that 90% likely to be poo poo is better than 100% guaranteed to be poo poo.

That said, my constituency is super Labour, but I worry about LD effect there. Fingers crossed all that strategic ambiguity doesn’t bite us in the arse.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Total Meatlove posted:

You were doing the purity test victims of racism thing that’s so loving obnoxious it’s almost comedic at this point.

In the same week Mussolini’s granddaughter has been caterwauling at football fans because they told Lazio to go and follow her granddad off a makeshift gallows

Oh come off it for fucks sake, if you can't recognise that football has some inherent and systemic problems with racism, and England fans decry at others when they're the biggest loving hypocrites is pretty pathetic.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Oct 30, 2019

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I might have done this more than once on slower-moving forums.

25.1.1.1/index/NeverWrong.jpeg stopped resolving yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

The Lib Dems on Newsnight seriously suggesting they'll win a majority and Jo Swinson can be PM.

And then we revoke Article 50 and "never talk about Brexit again".

Utter, utter delusion.