Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

uggy posted:

Which one is narcissus

The elks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

uggy posted:

Which one is narcissus

Alirios, Enraptured

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Retromancer posted:

I have full confidence that WotC will do a graveyard themed set and not gently caress it up.

I mean, I'm not willing to put money on it or nothing, but exile 4 creatures seriously limits how much recursion you can do.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Mat Cauthon posted:

Those full art constellation lands own, hopefully they don't make it to difficult to acquire them.

Usual pattern is you'll get one in each booster pack (sometimes with a chance for replacement by rarer lands) but precon decks will have conventional land.

Expect we'll need to complete events to get them in Arena.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

How can yall read like any of these cards

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

uggy posted:

How can yall read like any of these cards

Don't open it on your phone.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

yeah they work fine on pc, also

https://imgur.com/a/3CmmYWJ

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

ItBreathes posted:

I mean, I'm not willing to put money on it or nothing, but exile 4 creatures seriously limits how much recursion you can do.

It's exile 4 cards, not creatures.

I mean, it's not delve or dredge, but it is flashback with slightly more downside and now it's on creatures and planeswalkers.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Mat Cauthon posted:

Those full art constellation lands own, hopefully they don't make it to difficult to acquire them.

I really hope they'll be one per regular booster, but I'm fully expecting them to be in collector boosters only.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BizarroAzrael posted:

Usual pattern is you'll get one in each booster pack (sometimes with a chance for replacement by rarer lands) but precon decks will have conventional land.

Expect we'll need to complete events to get them in Arena.

Rare lands don't use the land slot though???? Unless that changed in the last few years, theyve only done that in Dragons Maze (where the lands we're all duals) and maybe one of the Khan's set

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If those lands are in regular boosters I'll buy so much theros just to get lands

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Full art lands will only appear in Double Secret Masterwork packs.

Alternate art lands will only appear in Mint Green Collectors packs.

Extended art lands will only appear in Artisanal Bespoke packs available at the Seattle Crate & Barrel the 4th Thursday of every month.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Today's addition to the MtG Rapist List: Rudy Briskza.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Arivia posted:

looking at it close up, that Elspeth is probably from one of the planeswalker decks, as it's 255/254.

It's a full alt art from the collector's boosters, those have different collectors numbers. it's a main set card.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

tzirean posted:

Today's addition to the MtG Rapist List: Rudy Briskza.

No clue who the guy is but good riddance.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Sickening posted:

No clue who the guy is but good riddance.

He was actually the leader of Team Nova until a couple of days ago. Wonder if he/they knew this was coming.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

tzirean posted:

He was actually the leader of Team Nova until a couple of days ago. Wonder if he/they knew this was coming.

https://twitter.com/TheNotoriousBza/status/1188561763488468994

Magic 8-ball says "Yes".

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
New place to order playmats with MtG arts: https://originalmagicart.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders/204078 some highlights include alt art black lotus, non-Terese Nielsen FoW, and Generous Stray.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
I am fully confident in wotc to print an escape creature that is entirely broken.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Balon posted:

I am fully confident in wotc to print an escape creature that is entirely broken.

same, in green or black

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

same, in green or blue

Can't have the other colors getting ideas about playing in the Qualifiers, now can we?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Retromancer posted:

It's exile 4 cards, not creatures.

I mean, it's not delve or dredge, but it is flashback with slightly more downside and now it's on creatures and planeswalkers.

Well that's much better then now, isn't it.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

I was thinking that WotC had done Embalm without breaking anything, but Embalm is one and done whereas escape you can keep doing as long as you've got stuff to exile.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

looking forward to the 1/1 that escapes with like seven +1/+1 counters on it. there’s a ton of design space in this mechanic.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Retromancer posted:

I was thinking that WotC had done Embalm without breaking anything, but Embalm is one and done whereas escape you can keep doing as long as you've got stuff to exile.

This has much more flexibility and thus much more opportunity to be broken, but embalm is a. fiddly, b. only goes on creatures, and c. they set the expectation of individual tokens and I don't think they want to do that again.

Four cards plus mana is still a steep cost, so I'm cautiously optimistic it won't break.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

looking forward to the 1/1 that escapes with like seven +1/+1 counters on it. there’s a ton of design space in this mechanic.

Bat out of Hell, B for a 1/1 flyer with escape 2 would probably be playable.

e: no wait, it's not Escape 4, it's Escape (exile 4) so the mechanic doesn't work this way. So yeah, Bat out of Hell probably escapes with a bonus.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

You know someone in R&D is pushing a "Fallen Hero" card that's the guy from the Hero's Downfall art with a downfall ETB effect and has escape.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Can't wait for Dredge to get something banned again

E: is Escape a cast trigger?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Retromancer posted:

I have full confidence that WotC will do a graveyard themed set and not gently caress it up.

“We’re reprinting Hogaak and Treasure Cruise”

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Can't wait for Dredge to get something banned again

E: is Escape a cast trigger?

It's an alternate casting cost, so it will trigger any cast effects.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Retromancer posted:

It's an alternate casting cost, so it will trigger any cast effects.

Vengevine price intensifies

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Huxley posted:

Bat out of Hell, B for a 1/1 flyer with escape 2 would probably be playable.

e: no wait, it's not Escape 4, it's Escape (exile 4) so the mechanic doesn't work this way. So yeah, Bat out of Hell probably escapes with a bonus.

Formatting is Escape - Cost, so the exile part is as variable as the mana cost, the Escape keyword just lets it be played from the graveyard when the Escape cost is paid. (I.e. exile 4 would most likely be in the reminder text if it was hardcoded into the keyword.)

That said, I don't expect to see anything other than 4, it's just not how Wizards tends to do things.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

the initial runs of cycling and echo had every card with cycling cost the same and every echo cost the same as the initial CC, then we ended up with things like "cycling- pay 2 life" and "echo- an opponent draws three cards" so they clearly like to introduce mechanics at Level 1 and then get creative later.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

the initial runs of cycling and echo had every card with cycling cost the same and every echo cost the same as the initial CC, then we ended up with things like "cycling- pay 2 life" and "echo- an opponent draws three cards" so they clearly like to introduce mechanics at Level 1 and then get creative later.

With the move away from blocks I wonder when this will happen. Return to Return to Theros in 3 years?

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
But the way it's templated, doesn't it always require the exile 4 the same way cycling always includes the discard?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

With the move away from blocks I wonder when this will happen. Return to Return to Theros in 3 years?

Well, it happened the first time in Time Spiral, so probably in Return to Time Spiral next summer.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Huxley posted:

But the way it's templated, doesn't it always require the exile 4 the same way cycling always includes the discard?

No

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Huxley posted:

It's not templated like that. The exile 4 is part of the cost in the same way the mana cost is. Cycling is templated Cycling - Mana, with the discard baked into the rules / reminder text.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I have now looked at the card on my computer and not just on my phone, and I see that you are both correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm looking up Theros lore since I wasn't playing at the time and it seems pretty cool, Elspeth rules