Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Guavanaut posted:

Adding "bigger than Hitler and Stalin" to my CV.

Adding "a smaller problem than Hitler and Stalin" to mine.

Edit: For fucks sake, again?

On 31/6/1949, Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and Jeremy Corbyn had a cage match. Baby Corbyn won.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Oct 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

The first statistic doesn't surprise me because it's a vague general idea that they probably feel will mostly affect others but the bolded one is wild.

Retired Boomers don't have jobs to lose.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Adding "bigger than Hitler and Stalin" to my CV.

1.129 Stalins long

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Braggart posted:

Taken together, these show that Chuka has actually been playing the long con, ingratiating himself with the wreckers and Lib Dems in order get into a position to sabotage the LD manifesto. I think it will turn out that the left's biggest ally has always been the extremely smart and capable Chuka Umunna.

This message was last edited from a Westminster IP address.

:lol:

2019 GE the Anime
Scene: Libdem Election Office: Night.
JO SWINSON: "I-I don't understand it! How could we lose so much!?"

[Chuka Umunna grins, and brushes at his yellow rosette. Streaks of yellow paint come away revealing a bright red one.]

CHUKA UMUNNA: "Only now, at the end, do you understand."

JO SWINSON: But Chuka, you were meant to bring balance to Centrism!"

[Chuka laughs. Fade to black]

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 30, 2019

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

I could.behind abolishing PMQs tho

I might be getting ahead of myself, but how should Inevitable Imperator Corbyn handle PMQs?

Play it like the point scoring game it is?

Or actually answer questions?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Ebola Dog posted:

What's a good waffle batter recipe? Got a waffle maker but have struggled to find a good recipe that works with it.

The one I used:
100g melted butter
300ml flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
400ml milk.

I found I had to add more milk to get the right consistency, might have been because it uses volume for the flour instead of weight.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Failed Imagineer posted:

1.129 Stalins long

3.6 Stalins long. Not great, not terrible.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Pesky Splinter posted:

2019 GE the Anime

[Chuka Umunna grins, and brushes at his yellow rosette. Streaks of yellow paint come away revealing a bright red one.]

Unrealistic. The streaks of yellow would never wash out.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I might be getting ahead of myself, but how should Inevitable Imperator Corbyn handle PMQs?

Play it like the point scoring game it is?

Or actually answer questions?
Struggling to picture what kind of stupid loving questions LOTO Johnson would ask anyway

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jimbola posted:

Is it better to donate to Labour or Momentum?

I would suggest Labour though I guess it's always possible they'd run up against the spending limits at this rate.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Borrovan posted:

Struggling to picture what kind of stupid loving questions LOTO Johnson would ask anyway

If the tories lose this election, I reckon Johnson will be out on his ear. Half the party can't stand him anyway.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jose posted:

might be hard doing The Expression the entire time
If people call you on it, you just yell impotently and stick your thumb up your rear end.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jimbola posted:

Is it better to donate to Labour or Momentum?

I did both. Why not

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Pesky Splinter posted:

2019 GE the Anime

You thought the yellow meant libdem but it was actually me, piss

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
^^^
[e]: :lol:

Braggart posted:

Unrealistic. The streaks of yellow would never wash out.

True.

The indelible piss-streak party.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I would personally say Labour.

Also once I get paid (either this evening or tomorrow) I am going to be a paid up Labour Party Member.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Borrovan posted:

If Joris loses the election he is out as LOTO anyway, there's absolutely no way the Tories keep him in opposition. He was only brought in because a) there was nobody else and b) they thought he could Deliver Brexit through his sheer waffle.

If they lose, and presumably have to deal with a no Brexit scenario (either through a solid revoke or a second referendum) then the party will collapse and they'll have to rebuild under someone else. No idea who that would be.

edit: finally joined Labour and threw £50 at them and Momentum because I have the money. I live in the Southampton Itchen constituency so I'll do what I can to swing those 30 voters back.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Josef bugman posted:

Also once I get paid (either this evening or tomorrow) I am going to be a paid up Labour Party Member.

Welcome!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

3.6 Stalins long. Not great, not terrible.

This enormous Stalin will devour us all

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

forkboy84 posted:

"Every time"

This will be the first national election that Richard Leonard has been Scottish Labour leader for.

I was counting his leadership election, Comrade dog!

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Borrovan posted:

Does the Prime Minister agree that he's completely useless and should get on the first train out of town?

*posh guffawing*

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Borrovan posted:

lol if you think Johnson is sticking around if (when) he loses this election

he'll poo poo out precisely one column a week for whichever lovely excuse for a paper pays him the most, take a couple of purely nominal board seats in exchange for him giving out knighthoods in his one and only honours list, and gently caress off to the US where he'll be given his own show on Fox News

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Josef bugman posted:

Y'know considering the spending limits & the fact that Momentum seems to have its funding covered, gift memberships probably aren't a bad way of donating, it's boots on the ground that matter

Or just spend it on petrol & shoe leather

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Actually the shoe leather probably wouldn't ignite very well, just use rags

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Payday tomorrow, is a donation better pointed at Labour, Momentum, or a bit of both?

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

EvilHawk posted:

If Joris loses the election he is out as LOTO anyway, there's absolutely no way the Tories keep him in opposition. He was only brought in because a) there was nobody else and b) they thought he could Deliver Brexit through his sheer waffle.

If they lose, and presumably have to deal with a no Brexit scenario (either through a solid revoke or a second referendum) then the party will collapse and they'll have to rebuild under someone else. No idea who that would be.

Yeah, I think they realised their mistake after keeping May on - and she was only on life support because of Brexit. If he doesn't gain seats, or nothing really changes, he's a busted flush, and the party's a dead end (well, I mean it literally is anyway), and they'll drop him. They'll then either skulk off into another wilderness years, waiting for another Cameron to polish the turd image, or more likely, just drop all pretence and crank the Openly Facist dial to max.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Was doing some garden work today and was planting a new tree we got. Managed to smash my hand with a mallet while putting in the support stake and now I'm in A&E..

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
https://twitter.com/thistlejohn/status/1189544676883349505

https://twitter.com/dhothersall/status/1189564078257332224

tbh, it is not shocking that the English/Welsh left to write Scotland off as acceptable losses. Nonetheless, I remarked back in 2017 that the most important effect Corbyn could have would be retaking Scotland. A bruising fight to fill ScotLab with loyalists later, ScotLab is still no closer to power and is publicly humiliated on a regular basis; English Labour mayors have far more latitude to contradict the party leadership and the NEC than the entire Scottish section.

somewhat reminiscent of the recent destruction of the Spanish left in Catalonia... Nationalism is a helpful and subservient force for liberation movements... until it isn't.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Corbyn is probably doing that in the case he needs to form a gov with the SNP

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Pesky Splinter posted:

2019 GE the Anime

BOJO, JOSWO, CHUKA stop their combined flurry of small ki blasts and pant. A cloud of dust obscured CORBYNS presumed corpse.

JOSWO:" Haa... Haa... So much for your famed sociali-jin honour, fool!"

CHUKA: Strikes glam GQ pose, long lashes fluttering over sharp eyes" Oh Ho Ho Hooo, a beautiful victory as ever, Bojo-sama,"

BOJO: floating in his Brex-Pod, turns his back:" Hmph. Its been a while since I had to go all out, come, you thrombulating mugwumps, we have a nation to rule, "

Suddenly a slash of light crosses the screen and a look of shocked anger flashes onto BOJOs face as JOSWO and CHUKA's scouters explode.

JOSWO:" It... can't be! "

BOJO:" P.. Preposterous! "

CHUKA:" B-BAKEMONO! "

Etc now my GF is done shopping

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

CyberPingu posted:

Corbyn is probably doing that in the case he needs to form a gov with the SNP

Despite recent events, there really is something to be said for not giving away the store so that you have something to give up when negotiating for C&S or coalition

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Moving out of Manchester loving ruined the grauniad, didn't it?

they were always a terrible liberal paper, it's just that blair was that bad. here's a blast from the past:

quote:

The paper's then editor, A. P. Wadsworth, so loathed Labour's left-wing champion Aneurin Bevan, who had made a reference to getting rid of "Tory Vermin" in a speech "and the hate-gospellers of his entourage" that it encouraged readers to vote Conservative and remove Attlee's post-war Labour government.[38] The newspaper opposed the creation of the National Health Service as it feared the state provision of healthcare would "eliminate selective elimination" and lead to an increase of congenitally deformed and feckless people.[39]

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

loving English imperialists undermining Scotlab's right to self determination

Also sorry to hear that CyberPingu. Be sure to take the opportunity to rant about waiting times under the Tories

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The tributes the party leaders paid to Bercow really paints a stark contrast doesn't it? I genuinely think Boris would've been happier as a poo poo standup comedian.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
You’ve just quoted the scotlab equivalent of tweetman though. While Scotlab continue to take directions from those Blairite shits they will continue to lose in Scotland. And by lose I mean be in 3/4 place not just second

Latitude Ocotpus
Nov 17, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

Welcome - I used this as a paid up member myself as an excuse to donate £15 - we are all in for the penny!

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

ronya posted:

tbh, it is not shocking that the English/Welsh left to write Scotland off as acceptable losses

If Labour don't form the next Government, it won't matter what they've said in this campaign.
And if they do form the next Government, they've got a really good opportunity to demonstrate to Scottish voters that their lives can be improved while they're still members of the UK.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

https://twitter.com/ThyKingdomScum/status/1085265906538872840
---

This is gonna be fun to see.
https://twitter.com/BalancePowerUK/status/1189600795882409989

It's likely she was going to lose this election anyway, or barely scrape through - she won by a margin of only 800 votes followed very closely by Labour.

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 30, 2019

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

It's happening!

O gently caress now I do too. I know exactly what you mean and I want one. God drat. Throw the quiche out and let's get burgers.

Mines a double cheeseburger from Hassan's on Broad Street with his homemade chili sauce and some bab meat :yum:

Edit: https://www.oxfordstudent.com/2017/02/25/profile-hassan-elouhabi/ poo poo I was literally one of his first customers a quarter century ago I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer