Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cavauro posted:

sandra got fired from wwe didn't she? I know her from somewhere and think i remember her from total divas, which i used to watch during its first and second seasons because I'm powerful.

Yea however I think she just left the company. She was on Total Divas and came across like an absolute sweetheart. I am also somewhat powerful and watched several seasons of it because it was (maybe still is?) vastly more entertaining than WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Dave is really down on the Halloween stuff. I thought it was super fun!

I'm dying that Dave knows who Sans is now.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 31, 2019

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

extradite THIS! posted:

Yea however I think she just left the company. She was on Total Divas and came across like an absolute sweetheart. I am also somewhat powerful and watched several seasons of it because it was (maybe still is?) vastly more entertaining than WWE

did not think to observe someone more powerful today. Be careful with the earth

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

My favorite part of that Dave rant was his complete disregard for Bryan's no swearing rule. (I'm not sure if that's just for B&V, but it still made me laugh.)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
what’s the deal with the no swearing rule anyway? is it his kids or is he trying to appease granny for some loving reason

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

broader audience

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
dave is 100 percent correct on all his AEW criticisms

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the bucks did not need to win the tag titles

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i'm surprised they didn't bury the cody/tony car ride. that was excruciating and didn't feel like it served any purpose.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It was a reference to a Starrcade 93 segment I believe. I thought parts of it were okay but it was three times as long as it needed to be and felt self indulgent to me.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

References to wrestling that happened before I was born are always going to feel unnecessary and self-indulgent to me, I think. Especially when it's segments and not parts of matches or whatever.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Problem with the limo ride is they were too soft spoken and I couldn’t hear poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Draxion posted:

References to wrestling that happened before I was born are always going to feel unnecessary and self-indulgent to me, I think. Especially when it's segments and not parts of matches or whatever.

It's not a reference like a Family Guy joke, it is using an idea from the past. If you didn't think it worked so be it, but they were trying to use it to help get Cody and the match over, not masturbating to how good at history they are.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I loved it and didn't know the history, so you didn't need to know that it was a rehash of an old angle.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i liked the limo segments but they could have used a little trimming to give the main event/title celebration more time

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
From the write up on the WO site covering Crown Jewel [ anyone else hear Prince NaNa say 'the crown Jewel of the Embassy...JEEEMMYYY RAVE when you see that? ]

quote:

Michael Cole and Corey Graves pushed hard how special this moment was, with Cole saying “if you push and push and push enough, change is going to happen”. Maybe the Saudi government will be so moved by this they’ll free the women they’ve imprisoned for protesting the right to drive.

Rolling at that one.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Make it quick
six minutes remain on the video

:allears:

Edit: Oh my God it's loving incredible

This was the first time I've actually wanted Dave to keep the details going because I enjoyed him taking Seth down way more than the show results.

Delete the Sky
Apr 21, 2014

PaybackJack posted:

From the write up on the WO site covering Crown Jewel

:drat:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

PaybackJack posted:

From the write up on the WO site covering Crown Jewel [ anyone else hear Prince NaNa say 'the crown Jewel of the Embassy...JEEEMMYYY RAVE when you see that? ]

Rolling at that one.

loving beautiful.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Dave gets Twitter.
"5% are the scum of the earth and the other 95% are cool!"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Dave Meltzer thinks I’m cool :coolfish:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

i am loving howling listening to dave try to this get through this analogy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFaBCSNC8lM

Jerusalem posted:

Bryan: Make it quick
six minutes remain on the video

:allears:

Edit: Oh my God it's loving incredible

It's like an alien robot trying to respond to Capt Kirk's logic puzzle.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Dave's complete inability/refusal to understand hypothetical scenarios owns

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan: They're going for this UFC style...
Dave: They don't have tag team matches in UFC.

Also enjoyed Bryan's constant worrying about how long they were going.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

Bryan: They're going for this UFC style...
Dave: They don't have tag team matches in UFC.

Also enjoyed Bryan's constant worrying about how long they were going.

Apparently the site has problems with uploads much longer than 90 minutes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davros1 posted:

It's like an alien robot trying to respond to Capt Kirk's logic puzzle.

:perfect:

I love it whenever one of God's discarded prototypes stumbles into the public eye like Dave did :)

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

:psyduck: I love f4wonline.com

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The site is from the 90s and I would not be surprised if it has been minimally updated over the years

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I'm still a little bitter/annoyed at admin tony for the security breach 5 years ago that lead to $4000 worth of charges on my card.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

MassRafTer posted:

I thought it was just Bryan thinking, probably correctly, that podcasts shouldn't ever go longer than 90 minutes. Sin Limite excuses to be able to go long when you just want to hear people go mad thinking about G1 booking or what have you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Wazzu posted:

I thought it was just Bryan thinking, probably correctly, that podcasts shouldn't ever go longer than 90 minutes. Sin Limite excuses to be able to go long when you just want to hear people go mad thinking about G1 booking or what have you.

Bryan definitely has a conception (and it might have been part of the original merger agreement) that WOR has set times, but more recently the actual 90 minute thing seems to have come up. I know GG had problems with it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

MassRafTer posted:

Bryan definitely has a conception (and it might have been part of the original merger agreement) that WOR has set times, but more recently the actual 90 minute thing seems to have come up. I know GG had problems with it.

just like how the ideal length for a wrestling show is 90 minutes, the ideal length for a wrestling pod is 90 minutes

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

now that there's a good two hour show i think the ideal wrestling show is 100 minutes

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1190119997210677248

Dave appears to be planning to go fight a dragon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Has Dave decided to co-sign the second NY64?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Podcasts should be exactly as long as my commute or as long as it takes to finish whatever household chore I’m currently doing no more no less

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Podcasts can be as long as you need them to be with variable speed

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

I Before E posted:

Podcasts can be as long as you need them to be with variable speed

oh god, a friend of mine listens to podcasts at like 1.75 speed and sometimes when he has something he wants me to hear it breaks my brain's ability to process time and my speech pattern increases.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Alaois posted:

The site is from the 90s and I would not be surprised if it has been minimally updated over the years

Wait the man with the Juno email might be a little behind on technology????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

karmicknight posted:

oh god, a friend of mine listens to podcasts at like 1.75 speed and sometimes when he has something he wants me to hear it breaks my brain's ability to process time and my speech pattern increases.

Above around 1.5 for most podcasts I lose the ability to follow sentences, I can't imagine listening at 1.75 constantly, the friend must sound like the Micro Machines guy