Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

And when England lost he threw the dog at the TV in disgust and ordered it removed.

Edit: COME ON ENGLAND! :byodood:

19-nil defeat :qq:

Oh wait this isn't football.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

How about a 'pay what you think' box instead with suggested figures v salary. Eg if you earn < £15k - 0, if you earn +£40k £7
or whatever.
No, I think the answer is a big database. Your suggestion is just plain humiliating, subjecting people to judgment from their neighbors, or worse, encouraging the poor to pay more to project an image of success.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the TV on top of a TV stand on top of a table (covered of course so those naughty table legs do not radiate impure thoughts) while Boris sits on the floor, leading to an awful viewing angle where he almost certainly can't see poo poo.

Also the dog is still alive :ohdear:

You make a good point. He's not anywhere near facing the TV. A better way of framing the picture would be over his shoulder so the screen is in view, and give him a hat to wear backwards that says: "MAKE BOZZA GREAT AGAIN"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

loving hell, best laugh I've had in ages.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Pochoclo posted:

I loving swear fucks sake if I hear some rear end in a top hat saying the phrase "job creators" unironically I will explode
Reappropriate it to refer to consumers

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Tag yourself

I'm the Labour leader, asleep on the train.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

A Buttery Pastry posted:

No, I think the answer is a big database. Your suggestion is just plain humiliating, subjecting people to judgment from their neighbors, or worse, encouraging the poor to pay more to project an image of success.

I don't see it that way. There's quite a few places/services do 'pay what you think'. No one would see what anyone pays. You can even miss out the 'suggestions' if that's the issue.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I'm the label on the Sky box that presumably says "What paupers have in their house, make sure it's in the picture, Dom".

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

double post forum did wobbly on me

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Tag yourself, I'm the TV on top of a TV stand on top of a table (covered of course so those naughty table legs do not radiate impure thoughts) while Boris sits on the floor, leading to an awful viewing angle where he almost certainly can't see poo poo.

Also the dog is still alive :ohdear:

I'm the rugby shirt over an actual shirt.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

I don't understand why when people on tv keep getting asked "what evidence is there that billionaires aren't paying their taxes" the answer isn't just the loving Panama papers.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To be honest I don't really like the tax evasion thing because, like, even if they did pay their taxes it wouldn't be enough, if you can become a billionaire the taxes aren't high enough.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Borrovan posted:

Wait I thought that was :thejoke:

If ronya is making a joke then they have the driest sense of humour I've ever come across.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I only really started getting into politics around about 2008. When the panama papers were first exposed I thought it was really cool how it had come out into the open and that this huge corruption could now be put right.

The only thing which I remember coming out of of this is that the journalist who leaked the documents was jailed in Switzerland due to Switzerland having a very harsh "don't leak banking secrets" law.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

I'm the fucker who has reduced sports funding over the last few decades tying to glory hunt over other peoples achievements.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

OwlFancier posted:

To be honest I don't really like the tax evasion thing because, like, even if they did pay their taxes it wouldn't be enough, if you can become a billionaire the taxes aren't high enough.

Also the whole "but are you going to stifle ASPIRATION???" like gently caress you yes I am, if making one person slightly less happy because they can't have their own personal island to make a million people not miserable, wouldn't you do it? gently caress yea I would, how is this even a loving question, it's not even Trolley Problem, you just... don't let them accumulate billions of dollars, you're not killing them

Also how much inspiration and innovation and cool new things from mankind are going to come from those million people you just gave a comfortable life to? How many great inventors and scientists and artists have we lost in Africa to starvation?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Azza Bamboo posted:

I only really started getting into politics around about 2008. When the panama papers were first exposed I thought it was really cool how it had come out into the open and that this huge corruption could now be put right.

The only thing which I remember coming out of of this is that the journalist who leaked the documents was jailed in Switzerland due to Switzerland having a very harsh "don't leak banking secrets" law.

It is amazing looking back how nobody cared about it.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pochoclo posted:

Also the whole "but are you going to stifle ASPIRATION???" like gently caress you yes I am, if making one person slightly less happy because they can't have their own personal island to make a million people not miserable, wouldn't you do it? gently caress yea I would, how is this even a loving question, it's not even Trolley Problem, you just... don't let them accumulate billions of dollars, you're not killing them

I love the 'this one dude might give some of his billions away' argument. Like that justifies the whole deal and like that money shouldn't have been in public hands to begin with.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Azza Bamboo posted:

And one of the journalists was assassinated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphne_Caruana_Galizia

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
On my way to the Corbs rally. Weather is a right pisser

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Warren buffet has said he'll give away 99% of his money.

Also, I have said I will give 20% of my income over 11k this year to the treasury. Therefore you don't actually need to tax me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Labour just asked me* to help write the manifesto - their email sign up to recieve the new manifesto has a bit where you can suggest what you want to see in it.

https://labour.org.uk/manifesto-2019/

Can't wait for the papers to spin this as desperate Corbyn begs members of the public for policy proposals.

* and everyone else on the mailing list but shut up sempai noticed me :swoon:

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Nov 2, 2019

Poison Jam
Mar 29, 2009

Shh...
We're being watched.
I propose banning Theresa May from all cricket grounds. It's heartbreaking that winning the world cup made her happy, wish we'd lost instead

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

I can see how their post would be confusing if you haven't been following twitter drama, but "the LGB Alliance" they refer to is a specific organisation that sprung up the other week with a twitter account and glowing articles in the press. it's a tiny organisation whose entire purpose is bashing trans people and represents the actual population of lesbians, gays and bisexuals about as much as The Taxpayer's Alliance represents all people who have ever paid a tax. probably worse

I don't know about that. There's at least a chance that members of this group do want to gently caress members of the same sex, and have at some point done so. The Taxpayers Alliance is people who don't want to have to pay tax, many of whom have never done so.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I think we should combine the two. Employers declare what they're paying each employee to some sort of central organization, which then takes a percentage of it depending on the amount and uses it to fund hospital car parks.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Labour just asked me* to help write the manifesto - their email sign up to recieve the new manifesto has a bit where you can suggest what you want to see in it.

Can't wait for the papers to spin this as desperate Corbyn begs members of the public for policy proposals.

Yeah well I got the email twice* so I'm twice as important as you

* They send emails to the address I gave my union as well as the one I signed up with, except sometimes they only send to the union address for some reason.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Overheard from an unknown Government Minister being interviewed about the game:

quote:

:v: Will you be sad if England loses?
:smug: Oh I’ll be happy either way. I don’t care about the result.
:stare: …What the Minister means is that if England wins he’ll be ecstatic, but if they lose he’ll consider that they’re good lads who tried their best.
:smug: Good losers who tried their best.
:stare: What the Minister means is that he thinks they would be gracious in defeat.
:smug: Yes, admirable losers, inasmuch as I admire losers.
:stare: What the Minister means is…

Couldn't find a solo microphone emote to go with the interviewer, although this seems to include one: :awesome:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Yeah well I got the email twice* so I'm twice as important as you

* They send emails to the address I gave my union as well as the one I signed up with, except sometimes they only send to the union address for some reason.

Oh that explains why I get everything twice! I changed my email address on labour party but still get emails to the old address. I totally forgot I was also a 'union affiliate' which still has my old address.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
not sure my suggestion of gulag the tories will make it into the manifesto but i hold out hope mcdonnell gets his way

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Angepain posted:

I can see how their post would be confusing if you haven't been following twitter drama, but "the LGB Alliance" they refer to is a specific organisation that sprung up the other week with a twitter account and glowing articles in the press. it's a tiny organisation whose entire purpose is bashing trans people and represents the actual population of lesbians, gays and bisexuals about as much as The Taxpayer's Alliance represents all people who have ever paid a tax. probably worse

I don't know about that. There's at least a chance that members of this group do want to gently caress members of the same sex, and have at some point done so. The Taxpayers Alliance is people who don't want to have to pay tax, many of whom have never done so.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah, someone asked about doing admin for Labour? Whoever it was, are you in Bristol? If so I'll email the organiser, if not I'll see if they fan put you in touch with your local team.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Rarity posted:

On my way to the Corbs rally. Weather is a right pisser

Aww would've liked to have had an impromptu goonmeet but I've got a stinking cold that local activists probably don't want :smith:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

I will give away all of my vast wealth when I die.

You can take it from Charon.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jedit posted:

Some of them are right wing 'allies' and cisgay pinkbro misogynists who will go straight back to "you can't really be bi, that's just gays in denial" and "eww vaginas amirite, women are gross, imagine being a lesbian lol ew" the minute that they succeed on rolling back trans rights, so the taxpayers alliance analogy works insofar as they're probably paid VAT on chewing gum once.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Ah, I remember the free hospital parking (or any other non-means tested benefits) are a giveaway to the middle class argument from back in the day when Pissflaps would use it endlessly in the Scotpol thread. He'd say free tuition and free prescriptions just helped posh people because poor people get these things for free anyway.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Look at this populist listening to the people. That's not how politics is done!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol like rich people are gonna go to a public hospital with the rest of the plebs, what the gently caress is even that argument

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

You're misreading it. He wants to wank all over England.

He'll spaff it up our wall.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

marktheando posted:

Ah, I remember the free hospital parking (or any other non-means tested benefits) are a giveaway to the middle class argument from back in the day when Pissflaps would use it endlessly in the Scotpol thread. He'd say free tuition and free prescriptions just helped posh people because poor people get these things for free anyway.
Poor people with health problems love filling in 16 page forms and earning half the median wage makes you dangerously middle class. Stellar logic from the lad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I guess it's some variation of the Tragedy of the Commons?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons

Without a fee for parking, people will just park there all day, I suppose people will park there who are actually going somewhere near the hospital but not actually the hospital, etc. This parking will be unavailable for people coming to the hospital, etc. A fee encourages people to not stay long, etc....

I mean I'm unsure why you can't get validation for visitors or patients as opposed to people just parking to go to somewhere nearby, or limit people to 4 hours free, or...