Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Ah yeah. Why they even sell fluffy bathroom rugs is a mystery to me, I guess some people can't see the fine layer of dust that accumulates on everything in the toilet room.
Some people value not having to step out from the nice warm shower onto arctic ice. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Subfloor heating. No more cold floors.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Acid piss. No more floors.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Everyone should sit down to pee.

It’s much cleaner and feels good man

It feels unmasculine and wrong. I don't like having to tuck my dick underneath the toilet seat, which is uncomfortable. I have been standing to piss since was 3. The only times I don't stand are if I have diarrhea and can't trust my rear end or am too hosed up or hung over to stand.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

therobit posted:

It feels unmasculine and wrong. I don't like having to tuck my dick underneath the toilet seat, which is uncomfortable. I have been standing to piss since was 3. The only times I don't stand are if I have diarrhea and can't trust my rear end or am too hosed up or hung over to stand.

A lifetime of standing in piss is a small price to pay to avoid confronting your insecurities.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

It feels unmasculine and wrong.

:lol:

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

therobit posted:

It feels unmasculine and wrong. I don't like having to tuck my dick underneath the toilet seat, which is uncomfortable.

and shield it with tp lest you touch every dude's dick that sat there since the last time you peed.

I just tried to sit down to pee a few minutes ago just for giggles and my body was like "ok, we're making GBS threads now right? right?!? wait, what are you doing? WE'RE NOT DONE YET!"

gonna install soooo many urinals if I win the lottery

not gonna buy an American Legion if I do, though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XitAs6fAjkI

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

therobit posted:

It feels unmasculine and wrong.

"if I can't helicopter my dick around while pissing, spraying everywhere and marking my territory, I don't feel like a man"

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
a mist of piss, or a pist

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Orvin posted:

I checked the link, and every non-bathroom has all that stuff. What are they all? Are the round ports lights, or something else? I have seen newly built hospital rooms with less connection ports.

My running theory is they were running their 20-person software dev company from home, so every room was filled with workstations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

My running theory is they were running their 20-person software dev company from home, so every room was filled with workstations.

My theory, too - but they are some oddly-specific layouts there:

Does that match a particular configuration of equipment?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The only time I see that many panels is in hospitals, but this is a weird layout and the rest of the home doesnt fit that idea.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Synthbuttrange posted:

The only time I see that many panels is in hospitals, but this is a weird layout and the rest of the home doesnt fit that idea.

I did some detectiving and it seems to have been an architect/builder designer or possibly a network installer that worked from home before going bust.

Lan Constructions Group Ltd
Classification:
Construction of commercial buildings
Site preparation
Other building completion and finishing

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54t0iyp_udc

I sit down when I pee,
There's nothin that crazy bout me,
I'm just takin a wizz,
Mind your own bizz,
Why is everybody always starin at me?

Hey bro, I gotta go,
Let me through,
I gotta go number two.

No can do I'm takin a pee,
Sittin on the lou having a good long wee,

Are you sittin down?

I'm sittin down.

And you're not makin brown?

I'm not makin brown.

Are you makin iced tea?

Just lemonade.

But are you sittin down?

I'm sittin down!

Why don't you stand like a regular man?
Then you can pee in the urinal can.

If you really wanna know why I'm sittin strong,
I just can't stand touching my dong.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Nov 2, 2019

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Acid piss. No more floors.
shed your mortal flesh and transcend mortality

no more pee

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
I won't even sit down to poo poo

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

GotLag posted:

This explains a lot

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

GotLag posted:

It feels unfeminine and wrong.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

packetmantis posted:

a mist of piss, or a pist

If it makes you happy, then it's a Merry Pissmist!

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I didn't get a picture, but while we were out trick-or-treating, I saw a two-car garage that had been converted into a living space, presumably by the previous owners. Drywall, a built-in closet, blue paint, carpeted stairs, laminate flooring. Nice-looking space.

The reason I could see it is that the garage door was open and the current owners had parked their late-model SUV inside.

I guess it's even funnier if they converted it and then said "gently caress it."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

This is like outsider art, but not good.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

By popular demand posted:

This is like outsider art, but not good.

Yeah sure, only a soc' could afford that house.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Shut up Meg posted:

I did some detectiving and it seems to have been an architect/builder designer or possibly a network installer that worked from home before going bust.

Lan Constructions Group Ltd
Classification:
Construction of commercial buildings
Site preparation
Other building completion and finishing

Maybe it was a model home for a development and that was the demo home? Maybe they had models/appliances to show off for things for the new development?

It still seems weird, the only plugs I recognize are the upside-down T that are the UK type G 220v plugs.

My other thought was something like an aquarium enthusiast. But even that seems excessive.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

St_Ides posted:

Maybe it was a model home for a development and that was the demo home? Maybe they had models/appliances to show off for things for the new development?

The ceiling lights seem like they're set up to light display cases or models, too.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

This poo poo just baffles me.

Why are there lights at knee height?
Why are there sockets at ceiling height?
Why are there double sockets at ground level, then a second, single socket a couple of feet above them?

If it were display cases, then the sockets should be at ground level. Likewise most machines/equipment.

All I can think of are wall-mounted screens and even then, the position makes no sense.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Don't worry, the next owner will cover up everything with cheap wainscoting.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Here's a free one:
stand in front of any grouping of wall socket plates and exclaim "worst Loss.jpg edit I ever saw"

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Nov 2, 2019

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Nevets posted:

Don't worry, the next owner will cover up everything with cheap wainscotingshiplap.

Fixed it for you.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Shut up Meg posted:

Why are there double sockets at ground level, then a second, single socket a couple of feet above them?

If it were display cases, then the sockets should be at ground level. Likewise most machines/equipment.

All I can think of are wall-mounted screens and even then, the position makes no sense.

Wall mounted screens at eye-level, lower sockets for the display cases? Lights so the displays don't need their own lights?

The lower sockets are mounted at about the height I'd expect (I used to live in Kenya where they use the same plugs and that'd be about the standard height they were installed at)

Or maybe it was a mob hospital.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

GotLag posted:

Triathlete spotted

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

wesleywillis posted:

Yeah sure, only a soc' could afford that house.
I just wanted to let you know I appreciate this post.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Shut up Meg posted:

This poo poo just baffles me.

More baffling bullshit:

Are the ceiling lights on the right burned out, or on a different circuit?
Why, after going to enormous effort to install a vast network of wiring in the walls (and recall, this is the UK, so the walls are brick), do you have a cable in cheap plastic conduit plugged into one of the outlets (centre right).

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

GotLag posted:

The only times I don't stand are if I have diarrhea and can't trust my rear end or am too hosed up or hung over to stand.

JBark
Jun 27, 2000
Good passwords are a good idea.
Ha, that house actually made the news down here in Oz:
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...24b03f101ba2c97

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The only thing I can think of is that the owner needed pretty intense medical care but didn't want to be bedridden, so they had to be able to plug the equipment and poo poo into the wall anywhere they wanted to go.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's seriously the 'Not The 9 O'clock News' skit with power sockets instead of toilets.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

But also I'm not sure it counts as "made the news" when it's a repost of an "article" from The Sun which is just reposting tweet replies.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Empty Sandwich posted:

I didn't get a picture, but while we were out trick-or-treating, I saw a two-car garage that had been converted into a living space, presumably by the previous owners. Drywall, a built-in closet, blue paint, carpeted stairs, laminate flooring. Nice-looking space.

The reason I could see it is that the garage door was open and the current owners had parked their late-model SUV inside.

I guess it's even funnier if they converted it and then said "gently caress it."

Probably just did that for Halloween. Clear the way for trick or treaters, prevent people from loving with the car, etc.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
How come nobody has mentioned "marijuana grow op" yet. Besides all the outlets, it's got big lights in the ceilings and a giant greenhouse. Utter disregard for the yard, and an exterior as bland as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dumb Lowtax posted:

How come nobody has mentioned "marijuana grow op" yet. Besides all the outlets, it's got big lights in the ceilings and a giant greenhouse. Utter disregard for the yard, and an exterior as bland as possible.

That’s a screened porch.

It would make a lovely greenhouse for reasons such as being on the north side of a two‐story building and having a floor with no floor drains.

More to the point, what purpose does the greenhouse serve here? If the owners had an indoor grow going, why would they jeopardise the privacy of that with a greenhouse? If more growing space is needed, why not build an addition with non‐transparent walls?

e: The map is misleading. I was looking at the wrong house. Everyone has to keep up with the Joneses and their screened porches. It’s actually on the east side of the house.

It’s possible it was used for exotic but legal plants, but I consider a weed grow unlikely.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 3, 2019