Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, I need some help with that Flatfoot trots. What kind of designer dog is that supposed to be?

Shih Tzu/cocker spaniel, a.k.a. shitcock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Mercury Hat posted:

Wilbur has big shoes to fill if he wants to exceed the lofty heights set by Jill and her tirade against the sham institution of marriage at her former friend's rehearsal dinner.

Lol what the Hell was going on in this story line?

Also, I absolutely love that panel of Wilbur robotripping his rear end off from that sizzurp

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 6/13/53

They'll Do It Every Time 5/8/46

Mopsy 5/19/42

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

So, I need some help with that Flatfoot trots. What kind of designer dog is that supposed to be?

it's Prince Charles the corgi, who belongs to Wal's aunt Dolly

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Did corgis look like angry wombats in the 70s?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Funkyverse predictions: pizza box man is football head injury guy pulling an Andy Kaufman

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

(Chicken noises.)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
help i laughed at a holbrook

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

Too bad there’s not some easily recognizable onomatopoeia for chicken noises. Would’ve been handy.

I choose to believe he was actually just whispering the words “chicken noises” whilst flailing his elbows.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

I swear we've had this exact series of insect gags before, and not too long ago, either.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Doomykins posted:

help i laughed at a holbrook

it's hard to gently caress up a nut joke

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

This triggered me more than words can properly convey.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I was wondering, if Mallet's current art looks like this, I wonder what his old stuff looked like? It must be really bad right?

(2001)

(2002)

(2003)

Apparently not. His art was never exactly amazing but it used to have some personality to it. How the hell has he gotten so much worse?

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 3, 2019

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: All this artillery for one little truck seems a bit excessive, or I love it when a plan comes together, or Oh come on, who else did you think 'Pirate' was going to be?

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

readingatwork posted:

How the hell has he gotten so much worse?

When you're doing something for a living that depends on constantly cranking out comics, I guess it's pretty common to try to make it as easy and quick as possible to draw them. I mean, look at Garfield.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Never expected I'd be doxxed by Bushmiller Nancy

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Apr. 11, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Apr. 11, 1998)

Garfield Classic (Apr. 11, 1988)

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

LadyPictureShow posted:

Lol what the Hell was going on in this story line?

Also, I absolutely love that panel of Wilbur robotripping his rear end off from that sizzurp

She was jilted at the altar by her fiance or something, I think, and was trying to talk her friend out of getting married. I don't think any of these people ever showed up again.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Reasons why Prince Valiant rules: Secondary characters get to do things. The title character starts negotiations with a little light blackmail, and then Vanni comes in with an actual good-faith arrangement.

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

I just want to say I have grown to appreciate Tinkersons. The art's not Good, but it's Good Enough to get a decent goof across.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 3, 2019

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Now you can have your own Creepy Wilbur!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Stephen Collins

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garf

'Cliff

'Board

Monty

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Good news, everyone! I can now get my grubby mitts on the newest edition of Corto Maltese which means, unless anyone would prefer me to go through the whole catalogue of Celtic Tales first, we can enjoy new stuff come the end of Under the Flag of Gold. Howzat?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars is making their own exits

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Support Tauhid's Patreon here.

Old School Peanuts (Mar 9, 1951)

Calvin and Hobbes (Aug 4-5, 1986)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Heart

Docks

Zip

Rip

Dick Dec. 11, 1932

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

Panel 3 Val's face is incredible.

Green Intern posted:

Reasons why Prince Valiant rules: Secondary characters get to do things. The title character starts negotiations with a little light blackmail, and then Vanni comes in with an actual good-faith arrangement.

:same:

I've always liked that it isn't Val that does everything and solves all the problems.

Most recent example of course was Bukota and Makeda dealing with Fewesi because Val was stuck fighting lions in his underoos.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Nov 3, 2019

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Strontium posted:

Dark Side of the Horse

....The loving joke is "Plethora" Jesus christ. Or is it supposed to be some sort of "Deconstruct the joke" type thing

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

I am a pretty anti-panda guy. Pandas are when happens when you ruin a perfectly good bear. They eat ONLY bamboo and because Bamboo has so little nutrional value, AND that the bears still have a carnivore digestive system and can't actually digest bamboo, they have to spend the majority of their time eating. Bamboo provides so little energy that they don't even have enough to gently caress. If you took a Panda, and made it eat meat, it would start acting like a real loving bear.

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Aug 4-5, 1986)

Well, as they say, " When in doubt, say it's part of a ritual or ceremony"

It's less that the bulbs were worth more than gold, and more that it's a classic example of a Speculative bubble that grew out of control.
The Stock market crash of 1929 except all centered around People going " Hey did you here Company A is buying bulbs? they must have a line on something." " Hey, did you hear about Company B? They are buying up all the tulip bulbs they can get ahold of. They know something we don't. Better start buying!"

Johnny Aztec fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 3, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
its hilarious reliving mcgruder's anger at the prequels

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Green Intern posted:

I agree! And Val is the hero of the strip, but that doesn't mean he's great at everything. He's good at going on adventures, but not so much the whole ruling a nation thing. So his kids get to run his country and clean up his messes while he tear-asses around Medieval Times hitting things with swords. It's why the strip isn't called King Valiant, and I'm into it!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Pandas are charismatic but objectively the worst bear.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Foxtrot

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Holy crap, actual reasonable parenting in Foob. She got sick of the kids leaving their poo poo everywhere. She realized that the reason was that there was literally no proper place for them to put their poo poo, even if they wanted to. She devised a convenient place for them to put their poo poo and informed them of it in a calm manner at reasonable volume. Now the poo poo gets put away.

If there were more parenting like this in Foob, Lynn might not be so hated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!