Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
who the gently caress has 401ks anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I have one and it's been basically stagnant for the last 18 months lol, if not for contributions it wouldn't be rising at all

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

I have one and it's been basically stagnant for the last 18 months lol, if not for contributions it wouldn't be rising at all

s&p 500 is +10% in the same period, so, like, while it is part of a bad underlying system, don't be stupid enough to not grab money that the system could be throwing your way

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

s&p 500 is +10% in the same period, so, like, while it is part of a bad underlying system, don't be stupid enough to not grab money that the system could be throwing your way

don't worry I'm tithing to capital like a good littler parishioner, just not a cent more than I get matching on and thus some kind of more likely return than the absolutely none I'd be getting otherwise

lmao at this whole rickety structure being around post-2050, if the wall street types actually thought this system had that kind of life left in it, 401k's would be getting weakened enormously

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

those of u smart enough not to follow ppl who put tom nichols into your timeline may have missed this nugget

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1190449360955420672

For US readers not familiar with our hellworld, Mississippi is one of the poorest deep south red states.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

etalian posted:

For US readers not familiar with our hellworld, Mississippi is one of the poorest deep south red states.
Someone tried to pull a "As a Mississippian, HOW DARE YOU..." in response but got dismissed pretty well

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1190470335998640129?s=20

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

even better:

https://twitter.com/CharlesPPierce/status/1190449921528418304

:lol:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have a 403b, but that's because I work at a non profit hospital.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

CharlestheHammer posted:

I have one and it's doing well but I still have 30 years to go before it tanks right before I want to retire

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

spacemang_spliff posted:

I have one and it's doing well but I still have 30 years to go before it tanks right before I want to retire

if you're not retiring before 2030 you're not gonna see a dime from a 401k lol

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Epic High Five posted:

lol probably not

Looking forward to working until I die

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Ironically the only company I can think of that still has pensions is an oil refinery in central KS

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lmao yeah mississippians love to fly confederate flags

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah, I get the feeling Boomers are going to wreck everything on their way out since they're obsessed with the FYGM lifestyle.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tetrabor posted:

Yeah, I get the feeling Boomers are going to wreck everything on their way out since they're obsessed with the FYGM lifestyle.

Plus imagine what inflation and the price of basic goods will be like once the environmental capacity of the world gets completely destroyed.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

spacemang_spliff posted:

who is dumber, trump or the person who thinks trump is not a pants making GBS threads idiot?

Yes.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tetrabor posted:

they've wrecked every other social system they moved through, it's a safe assumption

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Lol they got their poo poo wrecked in that war.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
my 401k is a savings account for an electric bus, no more than matching, lol at it growing even past the 30's

...post goons realizing that they're going to die under Trump (Jr) here

thicc_waluigi
Jan 5, 2019

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol probably not

Looking forward to working until I die

So I should just borrow money from my 401k then

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

who is dumber, trump or the person who thinks trump is not a pants making GBS threads idiot?

the person who realizes tormp is a pants making GBS threads idiot but votes for him anyways because racism

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
there is no loving way I am saving a cent for retirement when by the time I hit retirement age, that is if I even hit it, the economy basically won’t exist

might as well have fun with my meager salary now so I don’t blow my brains out

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

those of u smart enough not to follow ppl who put tom nichols into your timeline may have missed this nugget

https://twitter.com/RadioFreeTom/status/1190449360955420672

in Tupelo? yeah even most of the richest people there aren’t going to have them

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

probably a stronger version of this is that they have had to bullet-proof and alarm the memorial to Emmitt Till because it’s white fragility Mecca apparently

e: this is probably one of the most concise ways I can explain Tupelo (where the trump rally was held)

Ugato has issued a correction as of 08:05 on Nov 3, 2019

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

My in laws, one who is semi retired with a 401k and the other who is retiring with two pensions and a 401k, love to break out that line

Except yknow I’m 35 loving years or whatever away from being able to withdraw without getting loving axed

Conservative boomers...are not the smartest

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

That looks like my great uncle's house.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Lincoln? You mean YANKEE HITLER?!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Do deep south chuds ever stop and think about how they've joined a cult where they worship a JEW YORK BIG CITY YANKEELAND BUSINESSMAN?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Grape posted:

Do deep south chuds ever stop and think

No.

They can think, but only about justifying what they believe. If they could "stop" and think they wouldn't be chuds

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Grape posted:

Do deep south chuds ever stop and think about how they've joined a cult where they worship a JEW YORK BIG CITY YANKEELAND BUSINESSMAN?

He's one of the good ones!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Grape posted:

god no, are you kidding me?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
You mean Florida businessman!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Grape posted:

But he's hurting the right people! He hates who I hate!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Philthy posted:

You mean Florida businessman!

he is become Florida Man, along with all that entails; he will know even less of shame, regret, or restraint than he previously knew*

*it was none to begin with

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Words don't mean things to these people. Those are labels for bad people. Trump signals his loyalty to the tribe and thus he is part of it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Didn't Trump get a big burn in the GOP primary with 'What do you mean 'New York values', we survived 9/11' or something along those lines? About the only time playing on the cognitive dissonance of Republicans actually worked.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Didn't Trump get a big burn in the GOP primary with 'What do you mean 'New York values', we survived 9/11' or something along those lines? About the only time playing on the cognitive dissonance of Republicans actually worked.

9/11 is one weird trick since it's connected to the GOP war mongering instincts.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Philthy posted:

"I'm not a Republican! *disgusted look* I'm a Libertarian!"

*votes 1010% Republican*

This is my facebook uncle to a T. Rants and raves non stop about " both parties are corrupt I'm independent" but hasn't voted for a Democrat or Independent candidate in 52 years.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah during one of the debates, Cruz tried to make the point about JEW YORK BIG CITY YANKEELAND BUSINESSMAN not being representative of conservative family values and Trump pretty much just said 9/11 gently caress YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Which only worked because Ted is a lovely weasel no one likes or else we'd hear more about Trump bragging his building looks taller now that the towers are down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zeno-25 posted:

Yeah during one of the debates, Cruz tried to make the point about JEW YORK BIG CITY YANKEELAND BUSINESSMAN not being representative of conservative family values and Trump pretty much just said 9/11 gently caress YOU

I'm pretty sure that was the last time his surviving neurons fired before the brain worms took over completely.