Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

my Trumpy uncle is v into 9/11 vibes but also afraid to visit NYC because the buildings are too big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ugato posted:

in Tupelo? yeah even most of the richest people there aren’t going to have them

probably a stronger version of this is that they have had to bullet-proof and alarm the memorial to Emmitt Till because it’s white fragility Mecca apparently

e: this is probably one of the most concise ways I can explain Tupelo (where the trump rally was held)

1 Acre wow

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm pretty sure that was the last time his surviving neurons fired before the brain worms took over completely.

Pretty much. Part of the reason why Trump did so well in the GOP primary was because despite the horror of what he is and what he represents, he was basically the good guy in that crowd of devils

Also part of the reason he did well in the general because while he is a corrupt fascist piece of poo poo aristocratic failson, Hillary was just as evidently corrupt. While she was ultimately the lesser evil, a whole lot of people are still in denial in voting for the greater one, if they haven't already embraced their demonic nature.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Feldegast42 posted:

Pretty much. Part of the reason why Trump did so well in the GOP primary was because despite the horror of what he is and what he represents, he was basically the good guy in that crowd of devils

lol what the hell are you talking about

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Grape posted:

More like he promised them pie in the sky stuff to the far right anything low energy people like Jeb! or Lyin' Ted was offering.

Lock Illegals up and Build the Wall.

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trump won because he promised jobs to people that had been totally forgotten and betrayed for 4 decades.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

BernieTheBolshevik posted:

Trump won because he promised jobs to people that had been totally forgotten and betrayed for 4 decades.

Hmm, you might be missing some other details in this.

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
blaming Trump on the racism of the poors is some serious shitlib stuff. Go back to D&D where you belong.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

blaming Trump on the racism of the poors is some serious shitlib stuff. Go back to D&D where you belong.

Nah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
there are multiple reasons people vote the way they do. Trying to pick the one that tells you what you prefer to believe is what makes you a shitlib.

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CharlestheHammer posted:

there are multiple reasons people vote the way they do. Trying to pick the one that tells you what you prefer to believe is what makes you a shitlib.

The election was won by Trump switching former Obama voters in a place that has been deindustrialized and abandoned so badly that it's literally called The Rust Belt.

The deep red states were always gonna vote GOP but if it had been Ted Cruz vs Bernie Sanders, dems would have won the rust belt and thus the presidency.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Grape posted:

That as others pointed out A: He actually proposed solutions to peoples material needs (even though half of what he promised was stuff he was never going to follow up on and the other half was blaming things on the Undesirables) and B: The other candidates were just as evil if not more so (shout out to Ted Cruz), and more organized and methodical on how they were going to do it. Evil enough that even the standard base GOP voter could see them for what they were.

Feldegast42 has issued a correction as of 02:59 on Nov 4, 2019

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
ultimately he spoke to his base far more than dems did in 2016 which is why he is president now despite getting fewer votes than r-money lol

dems hosed up so bad promising exactly nothing and they wanna keep doin that so badly

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trump didn’t really seduce anyone—he won because Clinton depressed the vote by being a bad candidate and pushing the message that her victory was inevitable. If she had run a better campaign, those few thousand trump voters wouldn’t have mattered.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Trump didn’t really seduce anyone—he won because Clinton depressed the vote by being a bad candidate and pushing the message that her victory was inevitable. If she had run a better campaign, those few thousand trump voters wouldn’t have mattered.

she depressed the vote for sure but if I picked a single issue it's the voter disenfranchisement by gop

gop must be eradicated

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BraveUlysses posted:

she depressed the vote for sure but if I picked a single issue it's the voter disenfranchisement by gop

gop must be eradicated

um excuse me are you blaming the actions of people with power and money?

here we blame the racism of the powerless and poverty-stricken, thx.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
With an assist from Comey and his letter 10 days before the election. I knew she had no chance after that.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!
i had a nice meltdown in the republican primary thread about trump when i realized what he was

he absolutely destroyed the republicans because as big of an idiot as he is, his idiocy was dwarfed by that of the others on stage.

like, let's remember that Jeb!'s pitch was "outreach to conservative latinos."

trump is a monster. the gop are morons who probably would have managed to lose to hillary.

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Trump really isn't that bad compared to the majority of literally every other American politician in the Republicans or Democrats and the only reason people think he is is because of decorum-poisoning about how he should act 'Presidential'

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

Trump really isn't that bad compared to the majority of literally every other American politician in the Republicans or Democrats and the only reason people think he is is because of decorum-poisoning about how he should act 'Presidential'

nah, he is also committting acts of genocide within us borders, it's just that the democrats don't really care and their own policies have been fundamentally similar when convenient

like obama campaigned on closing the concentration camp just outside of us borders and then... didn't. not the action of the leader of a party with strong convictions on the issue.

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Hodgepodge posted:

nah, he is also committting acts of genocide within us borders, it's just that the democrats don't really care and their own policies have been fundamentally similar when convenient

historically speaking, committing acts of genocide within US borders is probably the second most presidential thing possible aside from owning black people as chattel.

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Yep. There's an entire apparatus of shitheads enabling him. Hey, look at the dynamite monkey dance! *confirms 3 more rapists as judges*

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 206 days!

historically speaking, committing acts of genocide within US borders is probably the second most presidential thing possible aside from owning black people as chattel.

you forgot starting pointless wars but yes

i mean trump did promise free stuff, but the really honest position on that is "can we afford it? lol, do you have any idea how insanely rich our country is? health care for every citizen? lol call me back when we're trying to provide it to the whole world and maybe we'll have some logistics to work out."

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Unlike the robust leftist New York Times Oped take of economic anxiety

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

yeah lol trump promised economically irrelevant areas a return to prosperity and promised to put non-whites in their place

he is every boomer's dream because he is white america personified: proud of being ignorant, obese, and totally devoid of culture that isn't manufactured propaganda for the military industrial complex

if you think clinton depressed the vote by being a bad candidate and not through external machinations you're in for a rude surprise when trump cruises to victory again, boomers are full bore in their die off and states need to purge hundreds of thousands of voters in order to keep states from flipping blue

and even if trump manages to crash the economy and let a democrat into the white house, you can be for drat sure there will be a huge push to reduce the power of the presidency because voter purges/voter suppression is only going to be effective for so long until it's unreasonable to expect a gop candidate to ever win. the shitlibs will go along with it because trump is the ultimate boogeyman of unchecked power, and the republicans know that gerrymandering is now sacrosanct and with the house of reps being physically limited to 435 people

plus, look at re-urbanization, economic decline, heroin, and suicide being the perfect storm where you're going to end up really enjoying 2 senators from a state that has a lower population than a 2nd tier city in a coastal state

clinton was universally awful candidate, but you're overlooking that people know trump was a mush brained racist moron in 2016 and didn't want him anywhere near the white house yet thanks to some timely stolen polling data (that no one wants to admit to) bannon found a weak point in a few rust belt states and something like 100k votes managed to sway the election just enough, with a solid assist from comey and the fbi

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Hodgepodge posted:

you forgot starting pointless wars but yes

i mean trump did promise free stuff, but the really honest position on that is "can we afford it? lol, do you have any idea how insanely rich our country is? health care for every citizen? lol call me back when we're trying to provide it to the whole world and maybe we'll have some logistics to work out."

if you end up discussing politics with conservative family members or trying to push them leftward (which is not really an awesome use of time but if you feel like you need to claw back your parents’ souls or something) initially just focusing on how much money the govt has available to it can really make some headway. like just the grift that goes on in the military industrial complex yearly would pay for insane social programs even if we didn’t change other policies and laws in ways we definitely need to

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grape posted:

Unlike the robust leftist New York Times Oped take of economic anxiety

Undialectical!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

You're a re-reg of someone and posting like a parody lol.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

magiccarpet posted:

my Trumpy uncle is v into 9/11 vibes but also afraid to visit NYC because the buildings are too big

I’m bringing my gf and her kids (5 and 10 yo, don’t know we’re going) with me when I go back home to NYC for Xmas and none of them have been to Manhattan and I loving cannot wait to see their faces

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I’m bringing my gf and her kids (5 and 10 yo, don’t know we’re going) with me when I go back home to NYC for Xmas and none of them have been to Manhattan and I loving cannot wait to see their faces

I'm doing the same with my mother inlaw and sister inlaw, the biggest city they've seen is Athens.

BernieTheBolshevik
Oct 21, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Manhattan is a horrible overcrowded shithole full of rich libs and tourists and I wish there was a plane big enough to fly into the whole thing

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Manhattan is a horrible overcrowded shithole full of rich libs and tourists and I wish there was a plane big enough to fly into the whole thing

yeah it sucks. the worst part is that nyc never really recovered from being a post-fordist hell hole in terms of infrastructure except in the areas where tourists and rich people live. being packed to the loving brim with cops doesn't help

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

Epic High Five posted:

if you're not retiring before 2030 you're not gonna see a dime from a 401k lol

SRA

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Yeah, whenever I get family visiting from the Dominican Republic it blows their mind. What usually gets them after they've seen all the sites is how many goddamn people there are in any given time.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

And, y'know, got help to cheat

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Trazz posted:

And, y'know, got help to cheat

And what can be done about that?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And what can be done about that?

:killing:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

So much for the tolerant left.

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008

They're already doing that to themselves, though
Hence this topic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

who the gently caress has 401ks anymore

I have one and it ate poo poo because the company did its matching with company stock and promptly filed for bankruptcy