Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Guilty posted:

I very much want a Mesa prime bp. Are you on switch?

Alas, on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anora posted:

Nothing, all is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPTCq3LiZSE

Burn it into your loving brain.

Or get this one stuck in your head and wish for the sweet release of We all Lift together:

https://soundcloud.com/kitmellow/kuva-jig-parade-ft-worm-queen-tenno-tunes-vol-3

We All Post Together

Old: The Something Awful Forums,
Pay: To keep the servers on,
Keep the forums dead and gay!

This: The song of Mods and Admins,
Hide the depths of what mods knew,
Building walls propped up with drywall,
Bragging, banning, build it in a swamp!

Talk: About the Zybourne clock now,
Yell: To make him eat the eggs,
Do: The moves along with Riddick,
posting goatse every day!

Curse: The jerk that wrote the software,
Hope: that nothing ever breaks,
Know: the code is really lovely,
Crashing, Burning, they could die today!

And we all pay, and we all pray, together, together!
That Richards spine stays, that his spine stays, together, together!

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I just finished Second Dream.

:tviv:

This game is so good.

SomeKindofVerb
Jan 12, 2010
Welp, my PC has finally died so I'm a little tempted to start all over again on the Switch, even though I've already lost over 1000 hours of my life to this silly ninja murder toybox. I tried to join the Discord from the OP but the link has expired, how do I go about joining you lovely people? I'll need someone to complain to about how bad the early game presumably still is...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Yvonmukluk posted:

Well, I just finished Second Dream.

This game is so good.

Yup, I was already loving the game but when I completed that quest it kinda blew me away. Such a cool quest.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

SomeKindofVerb posted:

Welp, my PC has finally died so I'm a little tempted to start all over again on the Switch, even though I've already lost over 1000 hours of my life to this silly ninja murder toybox. I tried to join the Discord from the OP but the link has expired, how do I go about joining you lovely people? I'll need someone to complain to about how bad the early game presumably still is...

Sorry! I had to re-do the discord link. It’s this: https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

Bobby, mind updating? Thanks!!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Updated. Is there any way to permalink to discords? Every gaming thread I go to seems to be full of people saying the link either expired or didn't work for them.

Having tried it myself helping the missus join a wow discord, it's a miracle it's as ubiquitous as it is.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Updated. Is there any way to permalink to discords? Every gaming thread I go to seems to be full of people saying the link either expired or didn't work for them.

Having tried it myself helping the missus join a wow discord, it's a miracle it's as ubiquitous as it is.

You can set the link to never expire when you generate it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

How do I get a Landing Craft Foundry segment? I've got a few things I can build that require it.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yvonmukluk posted:

How do I get a Landing Craft Foundry segment? I've got a few things I can build that require it.

I want to say that’s a dojo item, so clan tech if so.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lightning Knight posted:

I want to say that’s a dojo item, so clan tech if so.

I looked round my Dojo's lab (Definitely The Corpus) and the only research one I could find was for Solar Rail items.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It's in the Tenno lab, needs

100,000 credits
1 Argon Crystal
3000 Ferrite
800 Rubido
2 Tellurium

+15,000 replication fee.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yvonmukluk posted:

I looked round my Dojo's lab (Definitely The Corpus) and the only research one I could find was for Solar Rail items.

The wiki says it should be in the Tenno Lab.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/GundamJoe/status/1188051809987784704

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lightning Knight posted:

The wiki says it should be in the Tenno Lab.

Oh, OK. I only seem to have found the Orokin Lab, I'll go back and look for it.

edit: turns out I am a total moron and all the other labs are off of the foyer and I was just using the fast travel to go to the Orokin Lab.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 26, 2019

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

How do I get myself out of the spin-to-win habit? It's so much easier than guns and abilities, but it's gotten boring.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

How do I get myself out of the spin-to-win habit? It's so much easier than guns and abilities, but it's gotten boring.

Get some decent stances and set up some Condition Overload builds. I like polearms and they have some very nice stances, but many other weapon classes will work just as well.

CO is also less dependent on combo counter with lower startup time to big numbers. Though as usual in WF hybrid builds will eventually win out over pure status CO builds, but that's not needed for even sorties.

Edit: if you have CO, build Lesion and throw in some more statuses. Its only downside to the heavier hitting Zaw polearms and staffs is the range is much shorter. It's an easy way to see if you like the playstyle.

Lesion used to be the top tier until the zaws came out with their ridiculous damage *and* reach equal to longest in weapon class for every weapon class.

Edit 2: Orthos Prime is another beastly weapon that actually outdamages zaws in its class but also suffers a bit from shorter reach.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 28, 2019

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I don't think I have CO yet, but polearms are part of my problem. I have Orthos Prime and Guandao, and I feel like their reach just encourages me to spin in circles constantly to kill everything, regardless of mods.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Buy a Tonkor, learn to jump, aim, then blow entire squads away.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Those are both great weapons. Do you have the stances for them? All 3 have their pros and cons, but you'll need to use Shimmering Blight with those two. Shimmering Blight has a few multi-swings in its combos and a forced proc finisher in one (though that requires an annoying hold to activate). Those combos can do a ton of damage with the right mods equipped.

Twirling Spire has as ton of forced procs in its combos and best of all the combos are easy to select between, no holds and pauses. It will feel slow in comparison to the other two stances, but dishes out a ton of damage with the forced procs adding to the CO damage multiplier.

Guandao is a crit weapon so build for that. Orthos Prime is a hybrid crit/status weapon that'll shine more with CO.

Edit: I mean Blood Rush + combo counter builds for crit. Do you have Blood Rush? A hybrid crit/status build uses both Blood Rush/combo counter and Condition Overload.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 28, 2019

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Whoever designed Archwing Rush belongs in Hell.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Agents are GO! posted:

Whoever designed Archwing Rush belongs in Hell.

It’s a mode that’s very easy once you have good archwing gear, which means that 90% of the playerbase will have a bad time with it lol.

I need to start logging in again to do the nightwave intermission. For new players, if you get to the end ranks and get the Arcane Energize, it will be one of the most valuable pieces of gear you own and you will equip it on most Warframes.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I just remembered this old Far Side comic and I think it really captures the Forge aspects of Warframe:

Also, I actually like the other Archwing missions I've played, and I'm looking forward to eventually getting to use it in the Open World areas, but Rush is godawful. It's basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZKcZbi1rg

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I finally finished The War Within.
The last boss fight I found tricky, but it was overall a great quest.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
God this Rescue sortie loving sucks on the switch. I only have one minute to hack at least two consoles (probably more) and I can't use ciphers? I don't think it's possible with the switch's controls

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

If it's Lua rescue, or one of the several rescue missions where you end up having multiple doors or consoles to havk open, you don't have to hack every console and enter each portal, or try to hack open every chamber.

You can always hear the rescue target yell 'in here tenno!' when you're either right next to the pod or door that they're behind, or if it's lua you hear it as soon as the right portal opens.

not having to check inside every room or through every portal saves a ton of time and imo is the only way to do lua sortie rescue unless you're very quick. also for lua rescue, dont hack open the big door inside the vault, just do a 180 from that door, jump down the crack in the wall, jump over some lasers and hop into the jail portal room way faster than waiting for those doors to open.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Hey Switch players, make sure you grab the Switch themed color palette, it owns:

Also, the upcoming (already on PC) patch reworks Ember and Vauban. Three guesses which Warframes I just acquired. :smith:

(I actually think the reworks sound cool, I just wanted to play around with them a bit, but I'd rather not learn strategies that are gonna have to change.)

Edit: Also, why is eveybody in the other thread so up on the Nikana? I have one baking right now just based on the hype, but I'm curious.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
The base Nikana isn’t very good on its own, but Nikanas have three stances that are all pretty good and easy to use, probably easier after the rework too.

Nikana Prime is the best one, but Dragon Nikana will do and requires regular Nikana as a component.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
There's some new gameplay meta around the nikana that involves a mod for daikyu that grants nikanas life steal. Unless you trade for it, you won't get this mod until you've done nearly all the mainline story missions.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Bizarre edge case builds like that really aren’t relevant for 99% of the content you will ever actually play, so ideally you want weapons that can stand on their own even without their respective gimmick.

A good example is the Kohm. You can make it hit 100% status, but that requires a lot of finnicky bullshit and the Kohm will still kill everything with raw damage.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 4, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh, and a few people are making dual condition overload, crit builds to go along with it. Only weapons with minimum crit chance and status are candidates for this, something like 20% minimum for both stats. I THINK nikana prime meets this. Weeping wounds, the crit mod that does the same thing, combo duration, condition overload are the bases of the build. With melee 3.0, the riven stat that ensures a combo floor probably goes real well with this.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Agents are GO! posted:

Hey Switch players, make sure you grab the Switch themed color palette, it owns:

Also, the upcoming (already on PC) patch reworks Ember and Vauban. Three guesses which Warframes I just acquired. :smith:

(I actually think the reworks sound cool, I just wanted to play around with them a bit, but I'd rather not learn strategies that are gonna have to change.)

Edit: Also, why is eveybody in the other thread so up on the Nikana? I have one baking right now just based on the hype, but I'm curious.

Same, but for PS4 players. Presumably Xbox One players get their own, too.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

I think you guys already got yours, these dropped because it's the switch 1st aniversary.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Agents are GO! posted:

I think you guys already got yours, these dropped because it's the switch 1st aniversary.

It's also the 6th anniversary of the game in general, hence why it's dropped (or come back, I don't know).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Just started playing this on Switch tonight, and I LOVE it. Is the goon clan still accepting people? IGN is RupertButtermilk, if that helps. The Discord link in the OP doesn't work anymore.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Just started playing this on Switch tonight, and I LOVE it. Is the goon clan still accepting people? IGN is RupertButtermilk, if that helps. The Discord link in the OP doesn't work anymore.

Here's a new Discord link: https://discord.gg/nQMdYCK

Invite sent, enjoy!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ok I barely got to play this weekend, but I just learned about archwings and that there's a whole vehicular combat mission type?

:eyepop: and :aaaaa:

This game just keeps surprising me.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ok I barely got to play this weekend, but I just learned about archwings and that there's a whole vehicular combat mission type?

Avoid Archwing rush or ask for a carry in clan chat or even pubbies. It's pure Egg Delivery. It's literally the only mission type I've absolutely loathed, and I liked the other Archwing missions.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Rush is easy when you have a real gun, but there’s also little reason to run it other than once for completion. The problem really isn’t the mode tho, it’s the tile set itself.

I have been playing to catch up with nightwave intermission and I got to about rank 12 in three days. New systems are good. :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Oh, we have such sights to show you....