Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Without Farage running, I'm pretty confident lumping a bet on them to get 0 seats

E: dog tax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

mehall posted:

Open source engineers are word nerds.

The B in "Benoit B Mandelbrot" stands for "Benoit B Mandelbrot".

I hope the photographer keeps in the bottom line of that bible quote in the pictures given that the Brexit party is the exhumed corpse of Ukip standing on a platform of driving out people they demonise.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

See personally I'd require my candidates to never pose for a photograph proudly clutching a nice, regular, easily-photoshopped piece of paper, but to each their own I guess

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

1) Penis PenisPenis is punching above his weight by several classes.
2) Isobel Hardman is the Spectator writer who tweeted that she didn't like Rod Liddle's racism but nothing to do with me guv and liberals from the Graun rallied to her defence and insisted she was very brave despite the fact she knew what the Spectator is like considering Taki has been employed there for 42 years.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Raise the dead?

I assume they want Powell back.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Reminder to everyone there’s an open meeting on discord tonight that the pod crew is running about election strategy and the election night itself.

Even if you’re not on the pod, you’re still welcome and encouraged to attend, any help, suggestions, or even full participation is encouraged.

Meeting will be at 19:30 on the discord in voice chat.

The core audience of the pod and the election night project are the ukmt so we’d be super grateful for any and all participation.

Sanitary Naptime fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 4, 2019

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Azza Bamboo posted:

Raise the dead?

I assume they want Powell back.

Or Moseley.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Reminder to everyone there’s an open meeting on discord tonight that the pod crew is running about election strategy and the election night itself.

Even if you’re not on the pod, you’re still welcome and encouraged to attend, any help, suggestions, or even full participation is encouraged.

Meeting will be at 19:30 on the discord in voice chat.

The core audience of the pod and the election night project are the ukmt so we’d be super grateful for any and all participation.

Also if you have thoughts but can't make it please feel welcome to message on the podcast folk and we'll be sure to bring it up for you :)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Nationalize the rail, water, and electricity? Workplace democracy in factories? Regulate the press? There's no way they'd go for any of that.

If it wasn't for his pathological hatred of Jews, he'd... oh... oh no.

This is terrible for Jeremy Corbyn.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

OwlFancier posted:

Thinking about that tory "hospital building" policy.

Do we even.. need more hospitals? Cos round here we've got loads of hospitals, most of them very underutilized. Is the rest of the country crying out for more hospitals or is this just an excuse to bung more public money at building contractors for hospitals that will never be staffed?

Considering the majority literally aren't being built and they're just bunging money at developers and hoping I'm surprised I've not seen that line anywhere.

Many moons ago when I worked in the NHS, a certain J Saville wanted to donate several £m to build a new children's hospital in I think it was Peterborough. The relevant Health Authority said thanks but no thanks having the hospital would be nice but we simply can't afford to staff and run it. Mr S was going to run to the media about them not accepting a new hospital. Not sure why he didn't. Obviously everyone rather glad now!
If by "build new hospital" they are going to replace old Victorian buildings and incorporate new technology that's one thing but just to chuck up new buildings without resolving many staffing issues is another.
I'm just considering these kind of statements as synecdoches. (Hospital as shorthand for services and staff).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Given that I recall the tores mentioning "seed funding" for the majority of the hospitals I'm fairly sure they don't mean services and staff :v:

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

forkboy84 posted:

2) Isobel Hardman is the Spectator writer who tweeted that she didn't like Rod Liddle's racism but nothing to do with me guv and liberals from the Graun rallied to her defence and insisted she was very brave despite the fact she knew what the Spectator is like considering Taki has been employed there for 42 years.

She isn't just a writer, she's the assistant editor

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Steve2911 posted:

Yeah but at least at work I'm moderated by who can see me at any given time.

Yes, the UKMT panopticon is really coming together.

Oh, you said "at work"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Ahem.

"John Won'tcock"

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Ann Widdecombe is the GE Brexit Party candidate at home.

So far conservations regarding this have shown that Brexiteers think the fact that she is a Leaver is more important than her view of gay people as ill, or her other plethora of bigoted ideas.

Brexit at any cost, indeed. Gammy loving shitheads.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

I mean I don't gamble at all so I literally do not understand odds at all, it's literally meaningless numbers to me, I just don't want people fretting because some lovely thing designed to get you to spend as much money as possible is predicting a tory win.

On the other hand I just made a 10% return by spread betting aggressively on Labour when the odds were even more ridiculously in favour of a Tory win (before campaigning started).

If you treat gambling like finance it gets a lot more interesting.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-news-live-brexit-party-farage-general-election-dup-corbyn-labour-a9183851.html

Tee hee hee

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Ann Widdecombe is the GE Brexit Party candidate at home.

So far conservations regarding this have shown that Brexiteers think the fact that she is a Leaver is more important than her view of gay people as ill, or her other plethora of bigoted ideas.

Brexit at any cost, indeed. Gammy loving shitheads.

wait is she standing as an MP? so soon after becoming an MEP?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Purple Prince posted:

On the other hand I just made a 10% return by spread betting aggressively on Labour when the odds were even more ridiculously in favour of a Tory win (before campaigning started).

If you treat gambling like finance it gets a lot more interesting.

Finance being another thing I do not understand because I have not and likely will never have enough money for it to be relevant.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

fluppet posted:

Its free tier slack so exports cant be done on demand theres stuff around using the api export data but i believe its public channels only by default

Free tier of slack is pretty functional, apart from you lose chat history and have a file upload limit. You can get the entire chat history as am awful json export but can't endlessly scroll up in the app. There are ways of viewing it if you really need to.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

wait is she standing as an MP? so soon after becoming an MEP?

Yup. Gravy train needs to keep rolling

Also, in better news the greens I know will be voting Labour if Greens withdraw from seats for the LDs. Anecdotal, but I imagine a lot of Greens value not voting for a fracking puppet over Brexit.

chestnut santabag
Jul 3, 2006

quote:

The senior Tory Jacob Rees-Mogg has pleaded with Mr Farage to “retire from the field ... it would be a great shame if he carries on fighting”.
:qq: please dont run against us

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Yup. Gravy train needs to keep rolling

She has enough clout with the Tory faithful she might just be the perfect spoiler.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

First ballot for the new speaker.

https://twitter.com/PARLYapp/status/1191388624274821120?s=19

Hard to see how Lindsay Hoyle doesn't get the job

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

kustomkarkommando posted:

Why has no one put abbot on there?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Also Lindsay Hoyle is not nearly as female as I expected

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Because no one would ever vote for a front bencher to be speaker - the role is meant to be impartial

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

You have to willingly stand and she would rather be HomeSec.

Also the impartiality thing, although that didn't bloody stop the honourable member for cirhoesis-on-sea.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Hillier is winning here

(i don't know who hillier is, but i'm rolling on with the poo poo joke)

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Jo Swindon posted:

The Liberal Democrats are taking legal advice on their exclusion from a ITV leaders debate featuring Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn.

"The debates cannot be leave versus leave," Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson said in a press conference outside the Houses of Parliament this afternoon.

Ms Swinson also said that it was "sexist" to have a debate with only men.

The Liberal Democrats have already made a formal complaint to ITV.

What is this absolute nonsense? How can you sue someone for excluding you from their own TV shows. We're outside or purdah and even if we weren't there's no legal requirement for leader debates.

Also if there should be a third party it's obviously the SNP.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Hillier is winning here

(i don't know who hillier is, but i'm rolling on with the poo poo joke)

She's a Labour backbencher and chair of the public accounts committee. Her key thing is ending Westminster bullying.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Also Lindsay Hoyle is not nearly as female as I expected

My French teacher in school was a Yorkshireman called Lindsay.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

RockyB posted:

What is this absolute nonsense? How can you sue someone for excluding you from their own TV shows. We're outside or purdah and even if we weren't there's no legal requirement for leader debates.

It gets better worse

quote:

Lib Dem leader Jo Swinson said broadcasters who did not include her in their planned TV election debates were either “sexist, scared, or both”.

Ms Swinson, who was surrounded by more than 30 women MPs outside Parliament, said it was important that "for the girls and young women across our country they see that women can be political leaders and prime ministers too".

She told reporters: "It is so important in 2019 that our Parliament and our politics properly represents the country that we are here to serve."

She added that the debates "should not exclude the only woman leader who is able to be the next prime minister".

We literally had a female Prime Minister a few months ago. And you will not be the next one, Jo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

RockyB posted:

I want to be in the debate, Daddy!

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What actually are the purdah rules?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nicola Sturgeon is more likely to be the next prime minister than swinson is.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Gort posted:

What actually are the purdah rules?

I'll email myself a copy and post a redacted version later on tonight.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Frankly I now really want Corbyn to let one of his team sub in for him just to shut down this talking point. Only possible next woman PM? Nah, here's Diane Abbot tag teaming Blustering BoJo with Rebecca Long-Bailey.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 4, 2019

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Tesseraction posted:

I want to be in the debate, Daddy!

This feels problematic, Comrade, but also absolutely dead on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Hillier and Leigh out (under 5% rule)