Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
lol this lady defendingher turns out to be Haley's roommate

https://twitter.com/realalyssabang/status/1191425521453658114?s=21

edit lol

https://twitter.com/REALAlyssaBang/status/1191427515107069952

yeah sure lady i'm sure you're roommates and best friends with an activist chud and this turned you off from antifa?

OBAMNA PHONE has issued a correction as of 20:13 on Nov 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Flesh Forge posted:

FYI his mother came from Louisiana cotton plantation family and he very likely was literally brought up indoctrinated in KKK lingo. Terms like that were probably uttered frequently during his upbringing, Louisiana sucks real bad like that. My family is also from Louisiana, it wouldn't surprise me a bit.

yep. dudes an old money rear end in a top hat and apparently alot of the other chuds hate him for that.

TheWeepingHorse posted:

THANK YOU. I was thinking more or less the same thing. It's exactly the kind of red-faced tantrum that a villain would have before getting domed. It's hilarious just how screechy and feckless he sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yChqDXRdS7w

its this basicaly. id pick a better game but this one popped into my head.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
ah but if you were a true stalinist you would know he is just an abstract embodiment of the masses, represented in the film by alyosha, the stakhanovite worker who demands 1,000 nazi scalps when they take his girl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLmYrqbwkvw&t=151s

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sounds about right. the alt lite thinks they will make more money and survive longer if they are under the umbrella of the GOP. the rich alt right shitheads bascialy want to just contiune making cash and grifting and finding other nutters to back, while the siege pillers just want to hurt things.
yeah that's my guess with them squabbling over how to restructure the ideological superstructure to allow them to do that. spencer is also an atheist and thinks christianity is slave morality as opposed to his I WILL RULE neo-pagan master morality which he cribbed from nietzsche's anti-semitic sister's distortions of nietzsche's work.

fuentes is into this reheated buchananite / paleocon crypto-fascism, which seems to be where the energy is now. spencer has been criticizing this because he thinks this will just get folded into the GOP umbrella like you said, and like pat buchanan before them, leading to naught (you don't get the ethnostate) and with them continuing to react to the left as opposed to acting, as the master-morality poopermensch is supposed to do. so now that he's threatening that grift, he's gotta go

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
https://twitter.com/ServiusAlbus/status/1191139875615051777

let-them-fight.gif

Nicholas Fuentes crew seem to be all-in against TPUSA and associates now and have a particular hard-on for Dan Crenshaw

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this schism (((Israel))) related

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's between anti-Semites who equate Israel with Jews and anti-Semites who see Israel as a useful tool.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Oh yes. I also think a part of it is the true believers getting pissed that alt-right grifters will happily throw them under the bus when push comes to shove.

And speaking of anti-semites....

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1191467184880541696

GORKA :argh:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

yeah that's my guess with them squabbling over how to restructure the ideological superstructure to allow them to do that. spencer is also an atheist and thinks christianity is slave morality as opposed to his I WILL RULE neo-pagan master morality which he cribbed from nietzsche's anti-semitic sister's distortions of nietzsche's work.

fuentes is into this reheated buchananite / paleocon crypto-fascism, which seems to be where the energy is now. spencer has been criticizing this because he thinks this will just get folded into the GOP umbrella like you said, and like pat buchanan before them, leading to naught (you don't get the ethnostate) and with them continuing to react to the left as opposed to acting, as the master-morality poopermensch is supposed to do. so now that he's threatening that grift, he's gotta go

yeah, they are all idiots and i am glad TPUSA and friends are burning down in the crossfire. i do think Spencer and others are probably "smart" to jump off the trump train before it completely derails. honestly, this will probably end much like the fights in rockwells nazi, with them shooting each other.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

the break up with trump and a bunch of the alt right is some what israel/jewish related. alot of them are pissed that he kisses bibis rear end/said that the holocaust was bad/etc.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, they are all idiots and i am glad TPUSA and friends are burning down in the crossfire. i do think Spencer and others are probably "smart" to jump off the trump train before it completely derails. honestly, this will probably end much like the fights in rockwells nazi, with them shooting each other.
well, i dunno what i would do if i were them. jump off a bridge and do the world a favor probably. but i think you're right that this is positioning with the expectation that trump and the right is going to get tossed out of power.

this is mostly babby's attempt at grappling with postmodernism below but i'm going to post my thoughts in the hope it'll provide some sense and organization to them. you get to see inside my burger-juice-filled brain

there's another far right group that comes to mind when thinking about symbology: patriot front. i recall seeing some of their internal monologue chatter about how they expect trump to lose, so the idea is that they're going to keep plugging away at crafting an image that will allow them to inherit the pieces of it. but how they're "fronting" (ha ha) doesn't really follow from that -- like their rhetoric is largely just trump rhetoric ("america first") with the knob turned up slightly, and their bodily presentation takes on the form of walking american flags, slightly mutated in characteristic fascist style:

but these are symbols of a state that they're positioning to inherit a rebellion against, so there's a contradiction on this symbolic level, and that contradiction will probably not be sustainable. i don't think it's the case that changes in material power happen at the symbolic level (rather it's the other way around), but we can see contradictions begin to manifest at this symbolic level. the debate over how the alt-right should position then is the result of contradictions between the changing, objective requirements of the grift (the material) and the form (the symbols) in which the grift will express itself, superstructurally. or something.

if you remember the tea party, while they flew american flags, they tended to prefer the gadsden flag:

compare that to trump supporters (same people, but the symbol changed). you rarely see gadsden flags:

what's interesting about the trad-catholic fascist stuff is that it doesn't require national symbols to serve as this outside, symbolic anchor -- they can use the church or christ or whatever. not any specific church (traditionalist catholics have been in rebellion against the institutional church since vatican II) but "the church" as an abstract signifier. this allows them to begin repositioning away from trump and the right's current set of worn-out signifiers.

now that i think about it, this same process could lead to a phase-out of the "blue lives matter" flag -- what that represents is the colors, nuance and context of the flag stripped out, with the only color being the brute force of the state. if the right ends up in a situation where it no longer identifies with the state, which i think is guaranteed to happen, it'll go out of fashion

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 00:15 on Nov 5, 2019

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

It's definitely one of the points that separate the alt-lite from the alt-right. Alt-lite folk see Israel as either a evangelical thing of helping bring the Rapture or see them as an 'enemy of my enemy' when it comes to Arab countries.

A lot of alt-lite grifters usually are provocative as their own ways to speak against political correctness and to lasso some disgruntled white folk. So they try to sell alt-righters on this and rope them into watching Fox News and ask them to support Trump. But some alt-righters are pissed because Trump keeps supporting Israel ('Zion Don' was one such nickname they gave him in their communities) and see through the grifters just trying to bring them back to neo-conservatism.

If there's anything to remember from the Bush years, there has been a division of far-right/libertarian people that absolutely hate neocon ideology (constantly fighting in the Middle East, crooked banks lobbying in Congress) and will take anyone that isn't Bush Jr. There will be something like that again, with Trump and his family getting put up with the Bushes and Clintons as part of the ivory elite that control the government.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1191460020040470535

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
The news header called him a "suspected white supremacist" even as the pig they had on TV described him as a "self-described white supremacist." Doesn't sound like it's based on suspicion!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

well, i dunno what i would do if i were them. jump off a bridge and do the world a favor probably. but i think you're right that this is positioning with the expectation that trump and the right is going to get tossed out of power.

this is mostly babby's attempt at grappling with postmodernism below but i'm going to post my thoughts in the hope it'll provide some sense and organization to them. you get to see inside my burger-juice-filled brain

there's another far right group that comes to mind when thinking about symbology: patriot front. i recall seeing some of their internal monologue chatter about how they expect trump to lose, so the idea is that they're going to keep plugging away at crafting an image that will allow them to inherit the pieces of it. but how they're "fronting" (ha ha) doesn't really follow from that -- like their rhetoric is largely just trump rhetoric ("america first") with the knob turned up slightly, and their bodily presentation takes on the form of walking american flags, slightly mutated in characteristic fascist style:

but these are symbols of a state that they're positioning to inherit a rebellion against, so there's a contradiction on this symbolic level, and that contradiction will probably not be sustainable. i don't think it's the case that changes in material power happen at the symbolic level (rather it's the other way around), but we can see contradictions begin to manifest at this symbolic level. the debate over how the alt-right should position then is the result of contradictions between the changing, objective requirements of the grift (the material) and the form (the symbols) in which the grift will express itself, superstructurally. or something.

if you remember the tea party, while they flew american flags, they tended to prefer the gadsden flag:

compare that to trump supporters (same people, but the symbol changed). you rarely see gadsden flags:

what's interesting about the trad-catholic fascist stuff is that it doesn't require national symbols to serve as this outside, symbolic anchor -- they can use the church or christ or whatever. not any specific church (traditionalist catholics have been in rebellion against the institutional church since vatican II) but "the church" as an abstract signifier. this allows them to begin repositioning away from trump and the right's current set of worn-out signifiers.

now that i think about it, this same process could lead to a phase-out of the "blue lives matter" flag -- what that represents is the colors, nuance and context of the flag stripped out, with the only color being the brute force of the state. if the right ends up in a situation where it no longer identifies with the state, which i think is guaranteed to happen, it'll go out of fashion

i think the big difference of MAGAchuds and alt lite(some of them) vs alt right is while they are all racist/sexist/etc, with MAGAchuds, the racism is kinda of means to an end with their american jingoism/law and order. t and because its part of a glorified past and the nature of their bullshit. the alt right, the bigotry is the end and the means to get there. like with hitler and spencer, everything is about race and domination of "lessers". this isnt a clean cut obviously and doesnt dig into the religious nuts.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Tubgoat posted:

The news header called him a "suspected white supremacist" even as the pig they had on TV described him as a "self-described white supremacist." Doesn't sound like it's based on suspicion!

so sad how the system has failed this mixed up kid

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lol yes exactly

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

I think you're overthinking this a little, which if you've ever read one of my posts you might notice as being a habit I have too :v:

There's a difference between "an arbitrary assembly of colored polygons" and an actual symbol, and that's the fact that a symbol has some idea or meaning tied to it. What symbol represents (in the case of flags, the abstract concept of a nation) and what it means (actual patriotic pride vs jingoist imperialism vs whatev) are entirely separate things, because representation just means enough people agree that "the nation exists and this flag is okay enough I guess?" while meaning is a private idea construct unique to every individual entity who recognizes the symbol/flag.

...so what meaning is there in the symbolic act of displaying/waving/etc a flag in public at political events? Depends on the context and who is deliberately invoking the symbol and why.

Trump's campaign was "maga" which invokes boomerlogic of some idealized past. The flags at dmurp rallies don't represent The United States of America, they represent the "america" trump voters want to live in: an impossible fantasy land that never existed from a past that only ever happened on TV.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Gravy Jones posted:

Oh yes. I also think a part of it is the true believers getting pissed that alt-right grifters will happily throw them under the bus when push comes to shove.

ahahahahahaha

I don't care for their music but that owns

https://twitter.com/Sona_Sonara/status/1191467805318819840

Alan Smithee has issued a correction as of 02:43 on Nov 5, 2019

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

really enjoying the concern trolling on twitter about hailey adams being sexually assaulted by antifa because her address was doxxed

Chuds: "ANTIFA GONNA SEXUALLY ASSAULT HALEY....I was gonna do it first"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

GREETINGS to all of you people out there in radio land
It is I, Sebastian Gorka AGAIN
and if you are anything like me
then YOU TOO
are radioactive, radioactive

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Get down with the victim (complex)
We both know you need them
You're stuck in the middle (call and response: "BOTH SIDES!")
Of all irrelevance

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

ok andy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Not sure where the legs are on the high school picture thing. He looks completely unremarkable

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Not sure where the legs are on the high school picture thing. He looks completely small, gay, and alone

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Not sure where the legs are on the high school picture thing. He looks completely unremarkable

i posted it because i realized i went to high school with him and it was kinda funny to me

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/antifashgordon/status/1191501555834540033?s=21
bye bitch

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hate to point it out but, not really an argument

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

if trump loses in 2020 i could see the american right focusing more and more right wing 'patriot' elements of the government and troop worship. like qanon kinda stuff. so they might ditch the blue lives matter flag but keep the punisher skulls

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

BraveUlysses posted:

lol this lady defendingher turns out to be Haley's roommate
https://twitter.com/realalyssabang/status/1191425521453658114?s=21

edit lol

https://twitter.com/REALAlyssaBang/status/1191427515107069952
yeah sure lady i'm sure you're roommates and best friends with an activist chud and this turned you off from antifa?

Was Haley actually sexually assaulted? What's the story here?

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Farm Frenzy posted:

if trump loses in 2020 i could see the american right focusing more and more right wing 'patriot' elements of the government and troop worship. like qanon kinda stuff. so they might ditch the blue lives matter flag but keep the punisher skulls

calling for a coup is going to get more and more mainstream imo. that's the real urge Q speaks to. I bet the troop worship and cop worship we see now is going to look positively restrained in a few years.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

pookel posted:

who knows? HA is a liar and her friend/roommate is probably complicit with whatever HA's agenda is.

HA promoted #himtoo which was obviously bullshit too.

i think they're doing this to try show that leftists or antifa are "hypocrites" and undermine #metoo in a way that #himtoo is way too impotent to do

OBAMNA PHONE has issued a correction as of 17:30 on Nov 5, 2019

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

pookel posted:

Generally I tend to believe the victim in these matters, but for some reason I think Haley might be full of poo poo here.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Oldstench posted:

Generally I tend to believe the victim in these matters, but for some reason I think Haley might be full of poo poo here.

Given that someone is much more likely to be a victim to someone they know than a stranger, I have no problem believing that she was targeted by some Proud Boy or Patriot Front rapist that saw her once or twice at some nazi rally, and I also have no problem believing that Haley would assume it was antifa.

But she's also just a prolific liar, so...

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Oldstench posted:

The antifa angle is pretty obviously bullshit, but I assume if she says she was assaulted, then she was assaulted. And always possible that if she was doxxed, some existing stalker/random predator used it to get to her.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Gravy Jones posted:

Oh lol. I thought it was just fake reports by Fuentes followers. Just him not respecting copyright. Lol.

Crowsbeak has issued a correction as of 18:04 on Nov 5, 2019

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I like where you're going with this, and I'd like to expand.

A critical and under-investigated aspect of the alt-right, fascism, conservatism, or just reactionaries in general is the motivation behind their yearning for an imagined past that never really existed. It's accepted as a standard part of the reactionary mind, but I think it's an outgrowth of a wider phenomenon that isn't confined to just the right. I don't know if there's a term for it, but it's a pervasive feeling that things should be better than they are.

On the right, it tends to express itself as a yearning for a Baby Boom era fantasy where everyone had a good job, a family, a house with a white picket fence, and two cars in the garage, because that's their idealized version of personal, social, and economic security.

On the left, the same feeling manifests as a profound desire for societal advancement, usually in anticapitalist terms, with a socialist society where everyone's needs are met. The root of both are the same underlying belief that society can and should change.

I've heard it expressed as "hauntology", which is as close a term as I've found, but that only fully captures the backwards-looking reactionary aspect with the whole "nostalgia for lost futures" idea, and I don't think truly captures how the feeling is expressing itself on the left.

The right, and in particular the far right, feelings on this are directly manifested because of the failure of late capitalism to provide the level of security that they feel they were promised, but they can't confront that the failure is the direct failure of capitalism itself, so they harken back to when, they believe, capitalism "worked".

They understand, perhaps instinctively if not consciously, that capitalism only "works" for a small portion of the populace and instead of confronting that they're part of the exploited underclass and working to abolish that class, they instead aspire to being the oppressor.

They're trying now to rebrand with jingoistic Americanism, with the intention of making American synonymous with "white". As a pivot, I think it's doomed to failure, because capital has no intention of ceasing to exploit them or otherwise let them in on the franchise, so that same existential sense of failure will continue to fester.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Double post

Azathoth has issued a correction as of 18:35 on Nov 5, 2019

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Farm Frenzy posted:

as the general election heats up next year there definitely will be imo, but it won’t go very far. The long term prognosis is reactionaries rebelling against reformers who hold “legitimate” power. There might be some law enforcement or military defections but nothing on a large enough scale to threaten the state. If Trump wins then things get more dismal though since that prompts a lot of institutional decay, development of parallel security organs, etc. But I don’t think he will so ymmv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pornographic Memory
Dec 17, 2008
Did anybody post this yet? I saw some yearbook photos of fat Andy Ngo getting posted, but somebody found his reddit account. The username is very imaginatively his real name, but it's old enough that it's unlikely to be an impersonator...

https://mobile.twitter.com/econbrkfst/status/1191565054048522240

He seems like a pretty pitiful person, I'd feel bad for the dude if he hadn't decided to find acceptance through doing intel and PR work for fascist street gangs and terrorist groups.