Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

overeager overeater posted:

Amazing.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you (day 4+ spoiler) show up to the Tribunal without your gun?

The chances of the union getting massacred are higher. If you have the horrifying tie and high enough Inland Empire, you might be able to concoct another weapon for this encounter

BigRed0427 posted:

And I just want a simple yes or no Is there a way to get the gun back without the Union's help?

No

Less simple answer : No, but during the ruby encounter you might get another gun if you pass a red physical instrument check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Palpek posted:

The tag already got uploaded:

I'll just ring it up for anybody who quotes this post in the next day or so.

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

Abso-kimballing-lutely

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

It being applied to an account depends on admin reaction time though (or you can buy an av with it added in img tags in the text field if you don't want to wait).

"Hit me with that GOOD poo poo (opt in)"

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Palpek posted:

This rules :haw:

I just started playing today, so far my favourite interaction was passing a skill check to ask someone for cash, and the game letting me ask by just screaming "MONEY!!!!!!" at her. My only real problem is remembering what skill does what, but I'm getting better at remembering.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Palpek posted:

I wanna be the hobocop

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Dropping in for a quick question, how permanent are idological choices? If I pick to be a communist and then later change my mind, will it give an out? I noticed it does that for the various "XXX Cop" ones.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Palpek posted:

Hobocop me tia

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Palpek posted:

EMPATHY: You love this mod now. Tell him.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Palpek posted:

Disco

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Palpek posted:

I always wondered how the gang tags worked, are they actually separate from avs when added by an admin or are they always embedded?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Dropping in for a quick question, how permanent are idological choices? If I pick to be a communist and then later change my mind, will it give an out? I noticed it does that for the various "XXX Cop" ones.

erasing thoughts is the only permanent decision really

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Palpek posted:

I think I'm junior officer material.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

hobocop me bby.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Palpek posted:

Looks good?

Internalise Thought: Canonised Hobocop Gang Member

Problem:

-1 Savoir Faire: Feelings of forum tag inadequacy

quote:

Sleeping rough, collecting tare, punching children: All of these are just normal everyday activities for cops of your calibre. Anyone can pretend to be a hobocop. But ranking yourself among the ranks of the elite? Woah, hold on there pal. Who says you're good enough? You've been flying gang colours since time immemorial and now you want to change? Do you think you can just slap a tag under your avatar and - badda bing, badda boom - you're suddenly worthy of representing yourself as a fully fledged member of the rough and tumble hobocop lifestyle? This isn't a decision to be taken lightly.

Solution:

+1 Half Light: Down and dirty
+1 Espirit de Corps: One of the boys
-1 Suggestion: Can't get near anyone

quote:

You can stand in a shower for hours and still smell like poo poo. People cross the road when they see you coming. Criminals turn themselves in rather than face the possibility of climbing in a cop carriage with you. It's time to shed yourself of your old persona, rub some dirt in your many, many festering wounds and greet the new day from your luxurious home under a bridge, for with this new tag under your username you have finally achieved the highest echelon of police excellence: A true, grade A certified Hobocop. Raise a brown bag of something strong in victory; you've earned it.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Palpek posted:

Well I had been maintaining the purity of the avatar I've had since I was an idiot child, but soon all will be washed away in a tide of blood and doom, so why not?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Palpek posted:

Opt me the heck in chief.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Songbearer posted:

Ho ho, hee hee, look @ this post implying someone wouldn't wear the Horrific Necktie the entire game, chortle

i completely missed it, and both shoes, for the entire first day, and never actually picked up the tie.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Finally got to the church and wen't through the bit with the stained glass. I was able to reconstruct it with Though Calculus, but I feel like theres more to do there.

Also, I've hit the point where I just wanna read more lore about the gameworld.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

Palpek posted:

Lay it on me, thanks!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Palpek posted:

H O B O C O P S

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Palpek posted:

i'm in

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Palpek posted:

Not an empty quote

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007

Palpek posted:

Never wanted to be a hobo more than I do right now.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kim Kitsuragi recorded an album of gravelly chansons in 2012 because of course he did, he's just that cool

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I love that Kim cares so much about being cool, but actually pulls it off.

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Palpek posted:

Yes, please.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Palpek posted:

Hobocop me goon sir

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Is there/how strict is the time limit in this game? I just started day two and I've done the field autopsy on the hanged man, I have a mission to get two signatures from the union dude, and the corporation lady wants me to investigate some drug trafficking thing. I've seen people mentioning Harry's notebook and some files that I havent found. games like this always make me feel like I've fallen too far behind regardless of what I do, so I'm curious

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Palpek posted:

I want this. Please.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Palpek posted:

Encyclopedia: trivial: failure: But what is a *gangtag*?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Danaru posted:

Is there/how strict is the time limit in this game? I just started day two and I've done the field autopsy on the hanged man, I have a mission to get two signatures from the union dude, and the corporation lady wants me to investigate some drug trafficking thing. I've seen people mentioning Harry's notebook and some files that I havent found. games like this always make me feel like I've fallen too far behind regardless of what I do, so I'm curious

It's not strict at all. Feel free to go play board games for a whole week.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Danaru posted:

There is a small smattering of time sensitive events but they are rare and not signifigant.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Palpek posted:

I just read the entire thread after beating the game, would like when you get a chance, no rush.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Palpek posted:

always takes time to internalize thoughts

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 5, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Hwurmp posted:

It's not strict at all. Feel free to go play board games for a whole week.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

There is a small smattering of time sensitive events but they are rare and not signifigant.

Oh good, I thought I just skirted the line since Kim and I had a long chat and I went to bed immediately afterwards. The writing and overall feel reminds me of Pathologic, so I think that's why I assumed the time limit was strict :v:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Palpek posted:

Sorry I'm adding to the chain of quotes. This is my GOTY.

And for content's sake: I got Kim to trust me on day five, while owning a different racist (slightly sadistically too, which the game noted)

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Yes please.

Also, my second playthrough's going well:

"You're a smart cop, but a stupid person" is my all-time favorite ice burn.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Danaru posted:

Oh good, I thought I just skirted the line since Kim and I had a long chat and I went to bed immediately afterwards. The writing and overall feel reminds me of Pathologic, so I think that's why I assumed the time limit was strict :v:

It honestly made my first playthrough more fun when I was under the assumption that there WAS that kind of time pressure but nah it's nothing like Pathologic. For the most part the day count is only relevant in how there are certain things locked before you reach a certain day -- nothing too big gets locked after, although there's some cool stuff there that's a worthwhile incentive for having at least some sense of urgency

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
You'll miss the 2 hour Kim romance sidequest if you don't find the Golden Rims at 5am on the second week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One thing I love about this game is that yea, you’re a loser. But you’re also an amazing detective. Even at your worst you’re some kind of savant. It’s still a power fantasy but it flips it on its head.