Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

The fire door was locked.

Also, it had a lock.

Edit: Apparently work isn't agreeing with me posting today.

Here's my girlfriend's cats to make up for it.

Chucat fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Tiger Millionaire posted:

It's depressing that people can publicly say poo poo like this that's both loving awful advice and plain loving awful and face no consequence.

Also hi UKMT thread, pissflaps thread has inspired me to try and lurk less and post more.

I remember during the petrol shortage scare a Tory minister suggested if people were worried they could fill up some petrol cans and store them in the house and fire brigades up and down the country spend the next two days going to every member of the press shouting "No for the love of god don't do that please it's incredibly dangerous."

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Rarity posted:

One trans poster is as good as another I guess

I think there's some other trans people ITT (uhh, Azza the comics lady?), but, well, I didn't remember TinTower's username and yours just came up in my brain. I have no idea if I'm confusing you two again but maybe it was because you both sometimes would chat about student politics? Or maybe that was just TinTower again.

If it makes you feel better I got confused with a europol nazi at one point ITT by one of our esteemed thread leaders (I can't remember if it was guava or the skelly IK historian person whose username escapes, either).

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

kustomkarkommando posted:

Patrick Stewart is a strong supporter of the People Vote and previously indicated he'd switch his vote to Green in disagreement with Labours Brexit policy so we probably need to run that through the threads "good egg" formulas
Still good enough for me :colbert:

Bill Bailey seems like a good'un as well.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TACD posted:

He was in that "This is what a feminist looks like" t-shirt movement that was a transparent effort by dudes to make it about them. Not exactly heinous but I'd probably still whip him with a towel given the chance. Really though a good check for any British comedian is "Do they still follow Graham Linehan on Twitter?"

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Lot of nerds projecting their thoughts and desires onto public figures they know nothing about ITT

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TACD posted:

Saw him live earlier this year and he's very much a old school hippy / Green party type. He was dismissive of Corbyn as "taking us back to the 70's", but loving hates the Tories with a passion. He spent at least ten minutes on stage insulting Boris / May / Cameron.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/BelTel/status/1191627710562521088?s=19

Solid call - expected them to do this once Claire Hanna was selected as the candidate there as they where open to such a move last election but couldn't endorse the incumbent, among the more vocal of the SDLPs anti-abortion voices.

Pretty much ensures the DUP loses this seat now

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

namesake posted:

I remember during the petrol shortage scare a Tory minister suggested if people were worried they could fill up some petrol cans and store them in the house and fire brigades up and down the country spend the next two days going to every member of the press shouting "No for the love of god don't do that please it's incredibly dangerous."

I think it was worse than that, the advice was to fill up any containers you had, including buckets and the like :allbuttons:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

namesake posted:

I think it was worse than that, the advice was to fill up any containers you had, including buckets and the like :allbuttons:

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

namesake posted:

And? That's why you store it in your gardener's shack.

:confused:

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

namesake posted:

:Edit, never had a double post before and now I get a triple?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
carrying an emergency store of petrol in my baby's sippy cup

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Also, it had a lock.

Jesus loving Christ I'd forgotten about this.

Chucat posted:

It's really really 'cool' getting to watch a stitch-up in progress like this.

For the people who were actually old enough to be around when it happened. How similar is this to poo poo like Hillsborough?

The only hope I've got on this any more is that since every workplace makes their employees go through fire safety training videos on a yearly basis so even if you just barely pay attention to it you'll know that what White Nationalist Jacob Rees Moggs says is ether completely ignorant or aggressively cynical. Otherwise everyone with a modicum of power will be trying to sweep this story under the rug as fast as possible.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Private Speech posted:

I have no idea if I'm confusing you two again but maybe it was because you both sometimes would chat about student politics? Or maybe that was just TinTower again.

Yeah, that's still TinTower

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

That Mogg quote is loving abhorrent.

There aren't even words.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

xtothez posted:

Saw him live earlier this year and he's very much a old school hippy / Green party type. He was dismissive of Corbyn as "taking us back to the 70's", but loving hates the Tories with a passion. He spent at least ten minutes on stage insulting Boris / May / Cameron.

Yeah i saw his tour this year as a bday gift and he had a fair few very surface level liberal "Those clowns in Congress Parliament, what a bunch of clowns eh" jokes. But he does also hate tories and his heart seems to be in the right place.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

It's depressing that people can publicly say poo poo like this that's both loving awful advice and plain loving awful and face no consequence.

Also hi UKMT thread, pissflaps thread has inspired me to try and lurk less and post more.

Yours av is very counter revolutionary, but you should still post more!

Pod people: I'm at work without access to the discord so before I forget: should we try to get someone from Jewdas on the AS episode in addition to nate? Let's not poo poo up the thread, I'll check discord tonight!

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Ratjaculation posted:

There aren't even words.

It’s also so loving pointless. Like this isn’t even a hill he needs to be on.

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Tesseraction posted:

Also, it had a lock.

I did at a job at a rental complex once and they had this huge steel firedoor that couldn't be locked. It opened with hand cranked "bars" So the landlord installed a smaller metal/plexiglass door inside the frame with the steel door just permanently open ajar. And then put a lock on the smaller door.

I assume that permanently loving with the bigger door would have gotten him into trouble and that the smaller door was probably not very legal either. If someone bothered to enforce anything on landlords.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Ratjaculation posted:

There aren't even words.

It’s also so loving pointless. Like this isn’t even a hill he needs to be on.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

what the loving christ https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1191632354567172096

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vlex posted:

Lot of nerds projecting their thoughts and desires onto public figures they know nothing about ITT
Yes, it's me, I secretly believe that people chose to burn to death because they sat in their rooms claiming benefits instead of showing some stiff upper lip initiative and braving the stairwell and exiting the locked fire escape.

I also think they make too big a deal about rape and probably spaff up my walls while I'm at work addressing concerts with my message of hope that Britain can be white again.

These are normal thoughts and desires and not the documented ramblings of complete cunts that should be condemned.

Red Oktober posted:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with keeping a jerry can of petrol in your shed as long as it's correctly rated. If you're storing larger amounts you should use a freestanding outside tank that follows UN 1203 guidelines or if indoors have an automatic fire extinguisher in the same room.

In no case should you be filling buckets.

Also, I hope it doesn't need to be said in 2019, but don't do your laundry with petrol.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

EAT. SHIT.

Rarity posted:

Yeah, that's still TinTower

Well I guess it is you being trans person then, sorry. I do know you're a Labour supporter and TT was a liberal at least.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!

Miftan posted:

Yours av is very counter revolutionary, but you should still post more!

If my tumblr days taught me anything its that obsessing over children's media is the most Praxis thing possible :colbert:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If my tumblr days taught me anything its that obsessing over children's media is the most Praxis thing possible :colbert:

Stalin Universe

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

rees-mogg is dead catting again. that's basically what he's for

Eschenique
Jul 19, 2019

Wouldn't want to undermine the quality of British cooking!

*puts can of pickled haggis and kidney into the microwave*

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

Yes, it's me, I secretly believe that people chose to burn to death because they sat in their rooms claiming benefits instead of showing some stiff upper lip initiative and braving the stairwell and exiting the locked fire escape.

I also think they make too big a deal about rape and probably spaff up my walls while I'm at work addressing concerts with my message of hope that Britain can be white again.

These are normal thoughts and desires and not the documented ramblings of complete cunts that should be condemned.

That’s the thing, right? These are the ramblings you expect off that bloke down the pub who’s always a bit aggressive, not a loving politician.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Private Speech posted:

Well I guess it is you being trans person then, sorry. I do know you're a Labour supporter and TT was a liberal at least.

You should stop posting

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Oof, Keir handled that terribly. How hard is it to say "US regulations deem a maggot in your orange juice acceptable"?

And lol at the double poppy, for gently caress sake

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Eschenique posted:

Wouldn't want to undermine the quality of British cooking!

*puts can of pickled haggis and kidney into the microwave*

*shits into bolognese* as long as I've eaten my fair share of dead-insect filled peanut butter this is just under the limit for milligrams of poop per lb

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

EAT. SHIT.

Tarnop posted:

You should stop posting

Fair enough.

Either way I was being honest about what's going through my brain and not trying to be malicious (towards trans people or otherwise).

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Eschenique posted:

Patrick Stewart wall or not. Hmmm.

How many cars does he have and what types?

I used to live near Stratford-upon-Avon, and Patrick Stewart was starring in a Shakespeare play at the RST. Driving to work one day, as I was pulling out of a junction in a small village, he came roaring past at 20+ over the limit in a Range Rover and almost sideswiped me. So I have a bit of an issue with his road safety record.

Interestingly not too long after David Tennant was starring in Hamlet at the RST, and almost did the same to me at a roundabout in Stratford. So now I live in fear of white male actors who are famous for sci-fi roles that also star in Shakespeare plays :ohdear:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Getting serious pre-election depression here. Can't bring myself to feel hope. Send help.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

TACD posted:

The only time I saw Bailey live he did a "ching-chong-Chinaman" routine, so no, he's not a "good'un".

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

It's that time of year again!

Tesseraction posted:

*shits into bolognese*
Wait is that the secret recipe?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

Oof, Keir handled that terribly. How hard is it to say "US regulations deem a maggot in your orange juice acceptable"?

Ahh I think it's fine. It's a real worry. Also means all vegans shouldn't vote Tory! :P

Private Speech posted:

Fair enough.

Either way I was being honest about what's going through my brain and not trying to be malicious (towards trans people or otherwise).

As long as you apologise in earnest all gently caress-ups are forgiven.

Well, except one gently caress-up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUDjRZ30SNo

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Spread the maggots out a bit, Steve. Don't want to break the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Guavanaut posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? I meant the speculation on Fry/Stewart/Bailey/Attenborough/whoever.

Expecting public figures to share your values coz they did a funny once is setting yourself up for disappointment IMO.