Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

“””Greek””” yogurt is actually Turkish yogurt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Would anybody be interested in a Celebrity Betrayal thread where we can discuss and do bits about when our faves say kinda lovely, toxic, problematic, or just plain gross stuff.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Duscat posted:

i'm a single issue voter and my issue is whether the candidate is eager to end all life on earth

Mine is if they're going to round up all men in a clean sweep and melt their bodies into a singular undying mass to be launched into the sun

peepeepants
Oct 9, 2001

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

brugroffil posted:

"housing is so expensive!!"

"build more houses"

"no"

"Well Ok, but we will build super luxurious apartments with designer appliances, fancy gym, and a pet spa all included in the rent! There is no money in affordable housing!"

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

euphronius posted:

“””Greek””” yogurt is actually Turkish yogurt

Everything Greek is Turkish. The God Emperor of Man is Turkish.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah, no, i get that you saw me make fun of horny goons and immediately lost your mind about a soda machine

do you see how all the things in the left part of the red circle are not the things where the two circles overlap

lol

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

Would anybody be interested in a Celebrity Betrayal thread where we can discuss and do bits about when our faves say kinda lovely, toxic, problematic, or just plain gross stuff.

What do you think the Trump thread is????

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I can't wait to not wake up one morning

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

I did love him until he shook Frankie Muniz's hand...

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

magiccarpet posted:

I can't wait to not wake up one morning

Waking up for work is giving me heart problems so this is inevitable mashallah

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

at least his excuse is a literal mental illness

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Poniard posted:

Mine is if they're going to round up all men in a clean sweep and melt their bodies into a singular undying mass to be launched into the sun

If you melt em i think they'll die

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Lawman 0 posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with her
https://mobile.twitter.com/RidgeOnSunday/status/1190952807756632069

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Hatebag posted:

If you melt em i think they'll die

Wrong

We have the technology to create bioapocalypse horrors

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1191730799705497600?s=20

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Somehow even worse than fight song??

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

What do you think the Trump thread is????

I guess you're right, celebrities in general are part of the Trump EU

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

No one with a wet rear end can be President.

The one simple rule that will fix American democracy.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Mama mia!

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

brugroffil posted:

"housing is so expensive!!"

"build more houses"

"no"

there's no possible solution to the housing crisis that doesn't also lower existing house prices and crash the economy so great job market forces you've done it again

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

that pic is hella creepy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

Oh hey btw the dude that walked into a Walmart the week after the Texas massacre with an AR15 and 4 full mags got 2 years probation

yeah it was a white guy not a black guy with a toy gun or something :cop: :shrug:

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gringostar posted:

My mental illness enlisted me in Hitler's Youth at age 30

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MysteriousStranger posted:

that pic is hella creepy

can you face the technique of the thousand epsteins???

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1191729920189358081?s=20

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

The Alpha Centauri posted:

so yeah i'm going to vote no on Marcy's Law ballot measure

any law goons want to chime on it? looks like a slippery slope to letting the victim of a crime decide the fate of the defendant

:shrug:
yeah it seems pretty yikes

quote:

The ACLU of Pennsylvania filed a lawsuit earlier this month asking a state judge to remove the question from the Nov. 5 ballot, the Inquirer reported. Lorraine Haw, a Philadelphia resident on whose behalf the complaint was filed, said the implications are overly broad. The ballot question is just 72 words, and even if you look at the “Plain English” version available to voters, there is no explanation of what types of crimes the proposed constitutional amendment would cover.

As a single ballot question, the complaint argues, voters do not have the right to choose whether some crimes should be allowed these protections and others not — and those changes should be considered separately, the complaint argues.

Under the proposed changes, victims would also be free to “refuse an interview, deposition or other discovery request made by the accused or any person acting on behalf of the accused.” The amendment doesn’t provide any exceptions to these broad circumstances, the Inquirer noted, nor how such a rule would be implemented.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

mormonpartyboat posted:

yeah, no, i get that you saw me make fun of horny goons and immediately lost your mind about a soda machine

do you see how all the things in the left part of the red circle are not the things where the two circles overlap

2/10 no ring

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Siljmonster posted:

My mental illness enlisted me in Hitler's Youth at age 30

That’s so sad :(

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

gonna go vote, get drunk, smoke cigarettes and play disco elysium, the first video game I've bought in like 8 years.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

1/10 heckin' bad pupperino!

https://twitter.com/FOXLA/status/1191728855247179779

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
ugh, it's James O'Keefe who got that Epstein clip from ABC

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Poniard posted:

Wrong

We have the technology to create bioapocalypse horrors

Yeah, I've heard of human beings :smuggo:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

can we put that venn diagram in the OP

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

The Nastier Nate posted:

i don't know wtf Marcy's law is but when I saw noted hollywood chud Frasier Crane stumping for it, I knew it was probably bad.

Frasier gets a pass on being broke-brained on any criminal justice related stuff because his father and sister were both murdered (in separate incidents) when he was in his 20s which is going to gently caress anyone up

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Apraxin posted:

yeah it seems pretty yikes

so if i'm a detective, i'm going to be okay with a victim(witness) refusing to help me prosecute the accused?

what is the reasoning of this law exactly and whats it origin story

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/njdotcom/status/1191508306008969216?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That’s so sad :(

But it's okay, I have a mental illness as an excuse