Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Braggart posted:

Our words are backed by nuclear weapons, Mr Prime Minister.

You must renovate our pier.
Ilfracombe is next to go
And, who knows, maybe Llandudno.
We'll try to stay serene and calm
When Barton-on-Sea gets the bomb!
Who's next, who's next, who's next?

e: 60 is a common number base in ancient Leventine, Mesopotamian, and West African civilizations. Which is probably why 60 to 1 is the proportion of kosher to non-kosher ingredients where a mixture can still be considered kosher. I don't think that means you can have a bacon sandwich as long as you have 30 slices of bread on each side, but there's probably been a lively debate about it at least once. This is, of course, terrible for Jeremy Corbyn.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Guavanaut posted:

That's a sweater, you're exposing yourself through the neck hole.

I withdraw from the race, effective immediately. It has nothing to do with the slander above, which is completely untrue please do not look into it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Guavanaut posted:

Ilfracombe is next to go

inshallah

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looks like Boris is campaigning on no-deal brexit again

https://twitter.com/NickBoles/status/1191688684682326017

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Braggart posted:

Thank you. :smug:

But which of the things I have done today are you rightly congratulating me for? Writing the greatest manifesto in history? Remembering where I work? Putting my pants on correctly?

Wearing the right rosette

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Holy poo poo, am I dreaming?

Also,

https://twitter.com/frankieboyle/status/1191729527422099457

:allears:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I like how she's pissed that her big story got quashed rather than an institutional coverup of an elite paedophile ring but :capitalism:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I like how she's pissed that her big story got quashed rather than an institutional coverup of an elite paedophile ring but :capitalism:

Well I mean, I think she wanted to out this paedo ring because of the morality of doing so and is frustrated that she could've done so three years prior but was forced not to. That must be frustrating.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Remember when Clegg first lost his seat before Cable won the leadership contest when everyone was talking Jo Swinson up as the big Lib Dem hope of the future? :laugh:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

One of the Tories who wasn't given the whip back:

https://twitter.com/AnneMilton/status/1191735760514428930?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

WhatEvil posted:

Matsutsake (A mushroom that tastes like mature cheese)

Ah yes, Tricholoma matsutake

This weird shroom isn't all that rare in Sweden, and was commonly regarded as "edible, not great"--only much later was it recognized as the same species as this niche japanese delicacy. If you know where they're growing, you can contact a mushroom wholesaler firm and maybe they'll buy the shrooms for when their next straight-to-japan mushroom jet is leaving. You need to pick them the same day as the flight and the handling instructions and such are very precise, but if you play along it can net you a pretty penny

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Speaking of the Great Libdem Hope:

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1191737825810620416

Jo's just the gift that keeps on giving

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Computer, what are some symptoms of late capitalism?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

their next straight-to-japan mushroom jet

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/IslingtonLibDem/status/1144989024873938944

:thunkher:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

forkboy84 posted:

But of a weird flex bud, I'd be exactly as hosed off if I had mountains of evidence about a literal paedophile conspiracy and it got quashed.

Otherwise, if the melts are abandoning the Lib Dems then they may well be in Actual Trouble

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

That’s not some great gotcha is it? It’s been Lib Dem policy to have a new cheaper nuclear deterrent but not a like for like replacement of Trident.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Honestly, if Islington North turn LibDem you all really should flee the UK. You can stay over at my place for a few days.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

So the Nuclear Disarmament part of LDs flew out as well?

or is this a parody... I never know.

e: beaten:

TheRat posted:

they're clowns.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Rofl, good luck with that

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

That poll is four months old and was ridiculous even then. Lib Dems have lost about 7% of their polling vote share from then nationally.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

TheRat posted:

Sensible, rational, grown-up politics at work.

On the one hand: "Britain Strong! Slay the Russian Bear with 50 Dreadnought-class super-subs and lust to immolate the planet to show that no one can push us around'"

On the other hand: "We shouldn't have weapons that, by design, kill millions of innocent people. And if we must have them as a deterrent, there's no point in using them in retaliation because that means they've already failed in their purpose and the UK has ceased to meaningfully exist."

So in the middle: "We should certainly pledge to use the nukes to kill millions of people, but it will be slightly fewer millions and we'll look unhappy as we press the button."

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao wtf

also :rip: Pip https://twitter.com/PhilipHammondUK/status/1191739875990654976

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Wearing the right rosette

Ah yes, I did do that brilliantly, didn't I? Mine is reversible to cover all occasions. The reverse side is yellow, and the front blue. :smug:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

What does the thread think about canvassing and poppies? I wouldn't ordinarily wear one, but at the same time I don't want its absence to be a lightning rod for arguments.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/YSAB87/status/1191716174834393088?s=09

:vince:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Jez getting asked why he wouldn't obliterate innocent civilians worked out quite well for him last time, so keep at it Jo

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Barry Foster posted:

But of a weird flex bud, I'd be exactly as hosed off if I had mountains of evidence about a literal paedophile conspiracy and it got quashed.

From that clip I got the vibe she was worried more about not getting her big scoop rather than the actual effects of the story on the victims. Because if I had a big story like that and I had the evidence she claims and my employers were claiming it's not news I'd have done something with it. Pass it on to a less craven outlet. Write a loving book. Something more than just give up and then moan years later that I lost my scoop.

But :shrug: not going to die on this hill, if no one else gets that from the clip then whatever.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Cerv posted:

That’s not some great gotcha is it? It’s been Lib Dem policy to have a new cheaper nuclear deterrent but not a like for like replacement of Trident.

they've been at not-quite-continuous-deterrent-at-sea since 2017 :thats-centrism:

https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n....pdf?1515517281

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Necrothatcher posted:

What does the thread think about canvassing and poppies? I wouldn't ordinarily wear one, but at the same time I don't want its absence to be a lightning rod for arguments.
If necessary, should the revolution require it, you will wear two top hats.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Necrothatcher posted:

I think the thread rules say you have to bum those who hang the poppy, or something along those lines

Maybe a line like "I don't want to politicise the issue so I leave it at home" or just swivel it round into asking if they have one etc because if there's one thing people like more than haranguing others it's talking about themselves

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

Computer, what are some symptoms of late capitalism?

Nah that's from a Mario game, surely?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

Read some Harry Patch quotes, and wear it for him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I've been remembering this comic for YEARS and finally managed to find it

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Hot diggidy "The King" on netflix is a movie of Henry IV parts 1 & 2 as well as Henry V.

The game is afoot!

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

What did this say?

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Qwertycoatl posted:

What did this say?

From context another report of Johnson fleeing to the safe haven of Rutland and Melton.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

BalloonFish posted:

Sensible, rational, grown-up politics at work.

On the one hand: "Britain Strong! Slay the Russian Bear with 50 Dreadnought-class super-subs and lust to immolate the planet to show that no one can push us around'"

On the other hand: "We shouldn't have weapons that, by design, kill millions of innocent people. And if we must have them as a deterrent, there's no point in using them in retaliation because that means they've already failed in their purpose and the UK has ceased to meaningfully exist."

So in the middle: "We should certainly pledge to use the nukes to kill millions of people, but it will be slightly fewer millions and we'll look unhappy as we press the button."

No no, the sensible centrist middle ground is to not have any nukes because oops we lost them, while threatening every country in the world with them. The Lib Dems will triangulate their way there soon enough.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Wear a poppy one day, and then two poppies the next day, and then 3 or 4, etc

When someone asks about it point out that you treat them like scalps and so far you've vanquished X enemies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Ratjaculation posted:

Jez getting asked why he wouldn't obliterate innocent civilians worked out quite well for him last time, so keep at it Jo