Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Yeah just do some leg press or something. If you pitch forward while squatting you'll probably regret it

Unrelated to toe chat: i just had my second session of low bar squats and it owns. Uncomfortable for now but owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

nooneofconsequence posted:

asymmetrical abs is one of my top 500 fears in life

I feel at peace knowing I will never know what mine look like under there. Namaste.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

dantheman650 posted:

I’d love to. Recommendations?

Hst is the name of the program

https://www.t-nation.com/training/hypertrophy-specific-training

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

sassassin posted:

Stop telling someone to train with a broken toe you idiots.

This, it’s going to suck getting around just take the time off and rest maybe do a cut for the winter

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)

dantheman650 posted:

This looks awesome. Please send the spreadsheet!

BTM is really fun, I've run about 5 complete programs of it over the past 2 years, one in isolation and the others were two run-through a back to back. I put on about 10 kilos, but I didn't really follow the diet. My conditioning went through the roof because I would do giant sets where I'd do a set of every lift in succession.

For your first run I'd recommend erring on the lighter side until you've got a good feel for the volume. Don't skip the conditioning work or your recovery will turn to poo poo and you'll hate your existence, though that usually happens in the 20 rep widowmaker squats.

Its a really slow burn strength-wise, so if you like watching numbers go up keep yourself focused on the total weight lifted rather than one rep maxes and the like

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

ham_sanitizer posted:

he said not to for six weeks and do machines instead

Does he even lift?

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.
I'm down to at best gym 1x a week as I'm finalizing my divorce and getting my house ready for the listing, it's kind of lovely because I've spent almost a month on what should have been a single week of programming

I'm going to label it as a recovery/bulk phase

^^ e: it is weird as hell that we end up posting sequentially

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
starting a new job so i wont be part of the late morning/lunch workout crew at the gym with all the hot young moms anymore. looking forward to joining the before-work crew at the gym. what can i expect frmo my neww team at 6am?

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
In Memphis for a few days and there's three people in this gym on a Sunday, it's blowing my mind. There are multiple benches with bars.. and not a single person is using them. Got to do barbell bench press for the first time in weeks.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Update: november is off to a good start. I did some dead lifts, chin ups, and overhead presses this morning and got some sparring in afterwards. Feels good to be back😎

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

I live in Minnesota and it's dark and cold half the year. A couple of years ago I got the idea to use artificial turf in my gym - I ordered a small piece and it performed great. Durable and enjoyable to be on, I pulled the trigger ($350 or so) and bought enough to do the entire area. Just finished installing it this weekend and I already love it.

ham_sanitizer posted:

(bloody toe pic)

:eyepop: wow, loving OUCH. Sorry about that, my man. Take good care of it.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Thots and Prayers posted:

I live in Minnesota and it's dark and cold half the year. A couple of years ago I got the idea to use artificial turf in my gym - I ordered a small piece and it performed great. Durable and enjoyable to be on, I pulled the trigger ($350 or so) and bought enough to do the entire area. Just finished installing it this weekend and I already love it.

That looks nice, but isn't it a bit wobbly for squat/deadlift movements?

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

barkbell posted:

starting a new job so i wont be part of the late morning/lunch workout crew at the gym with all the hot young moms anymore. looking forward to joining the before-work crew at the gym. what can i expect frmo my neww team at 6am?

If you waste anyone's time they will murder you.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hackan Slash posted:

If you waste anyone's time they will murder you.

Hey man look we don't want to be rude but we work in an hour and fifteen so DO YOUR DAMNED SQUATS AND CLEAR THE RACK tia

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
Both my 2 year old and 4 week old managed to get sick at the start of week 4 of my first 531 cycle which works out since I don't feel like I am missing anything by not working out. I will probably end up doubling my preworkout consumption to survive though.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Got bored between sets and decided to weigh some plates. Good news nothing came in under but it turns out the plates I always suspected were weird are definitely off. One "45" was almost 47.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

congratulations on your unexpected gains.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

Helios Grime posted:

That looks nice, but isn't it a bit wobbly for squat/deadlift movements?

Nah, it's indoor/outdoor turf on a cement basement floor. No padding to speak of.

The spot that I'm standing upon to take the image is a 8' section with craigslist yoga flooring beneath it. It's pretty snazzy.

E: the original image, not the one of the turf cross section

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Thots and Prayers posted:

Nah, it's indoor/outdoor turf on a cement basement floor. No padding to speak of.

The spot that I'm standing upon to take the image is a 8' section with craigslist yoga flooring beneath it. It's pretty snazzy.

E: the original image, not the one of the turf cross section

Is it comfy?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

bomb posted:

Is it comfy?

Yeah, it's really pleasing to walk on and the padded area is warm(er) and good for stretching or lying on.

I enjoyed it enough to post about it on internet forums, fwiw.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
that astroturf looks pretty sweet

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
No Nut November has already increased my power tenfold.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
So soon do we forget the lessons of Always Org August, the month of constant cums

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Tongues posted:

So soon do we forget the lessons of Always Org August, the month of constant cums

Brother, never forget the testament of the Almighty Austrian Oak.

When thou hoists, thou shalt feel as if thou art cumming

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Dear gym thread,

This is old news but still relevant, Judas Priest is great tunes to lift to.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Maxed out the trap bar at my gym

:rip:

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Cobra Commander posted:

Dear gym thread,

This is old news but still relevant, Judas Priest is great tunes to lift to.

The best part of my workout hits as soon as Motley Crue comes on, I purposely set it up about halfway into my playlist as my "second wind" music. The opening guitar of Kickstart my Heart never fails to get me jacked up :rock:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Hit 2 clean prs today.195 then 200 lb. :unsmith: A nagging shoulder issue kept me from jerking it. Olympic lifting has been such a hard slog for me. I'm so slow and uncoordinated.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

nooneofconsequence posted:

A nagging shoulder issue kept me from jerking it

:eyepop:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bomb posted:

Maxed out the trap bar at my gym

:rip:

How small is your gym's trap bar?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

sassassin posted:

How small is your gym's trap bar?

The standard trap bar maxes at about 500ish lbs depending on the plates.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

The standard trap bar maxes at about 500ish lbs depending on the plates.

Yeah mine maxes out at 506

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

BOOTY-ADE posted:

The best part of my workout hits as soon as Motley Crue comes on, I purposely set it up about halfway into my playlist as my "second wind" music. The opening guitar of Kickstart my Heart never fails to get me jacked up :rock:

Just jam an EpiPen into your heart when the song comes on for maximum authenticity

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Empty gym today outside of really old people, I must work out with a lot of bankers.

OHP day is starting to be my fav day.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
how long until your muscles start atrophying? im already fit and in good shape but I kinda wanna take a break from the grind

also ive barely eaten today so maybe thats why im being a little bitch

sick of drinking calories
sick of eating so loving much
lifting is fun
my appetite has been non-existent for about a week

gently caress

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

how long until your muscles start atrophying? im already fit and in good shape but I kinda wanna take a break from the grind

lifting is fun

gently caress

24 hours.

At the 25 hour mark your muscles after to eat them selves.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Three-ish weeks I think. You'll lose weight off lifts just from lack of practice but if you get adequate protein it takes almost a month for muscles to start shrinking. Even if they do it'll come back faster than when you first built them.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
I can't do flat presses, dips, or flyes without pain in my shoulder. I can press overhead just fine though. Are there any other chest exercises that anyone knows of?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Pushups?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

Well that's my story.

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

lifting is fun

gently caress

that's sounds like some runner talk there

*spits tobacco*

you a runner, BOY