Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Do you mean Bella Delphine selling her bath water to marks or the tweet she replied to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does she wrestle anymore or no

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Well yeah. AND?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

does she wrestle anymore or no

She works for WWE, so no

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
remember when jericho said he knocked atusushi onita into “ra ra rand” in one of his books

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Me, asking for her bath water

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'm so mad I'm gonna boycott Full Gear and focus on a form of entertainment completely devoid of chuds, such as
Can you please not post things like this?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I'm so mad I'm gonna boycott Full Gear and focus on a form of entertainment completely devoid of chuds, such as

LividLiquid posted:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I guess it requires saying that I don't think anyone was making value judgements on each other if they keep watching AEW, just stating personal stances. How is this hard for people?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Did that dude seriously write a book called "Triggered"? What the absolute poo poo. It's really disappointing that Jericho would even consider talking to someone like that.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

He 100% didn’t actually write it, but that’s what it’s called.

The first line is literally “I’M NOT MAD.”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Crapple! posted:

Did that dude seriously write a book called "Triggered"? What the absolute poo poo. It's really disappointing that Jericho would even consider talking to someone like that.

The Trump children are incredibly stupid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Seams posted:

The Trump children are incredibly stupid.

Disgusting pieces of trash too!

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
They really tick all boxes in terms of being virtue-less pieces of trash.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I'm disappointed but not surprised that a white man is awful, though I am looking forward to Tanahashi demolishing him (and maybe his own body, actually no please don't) in Wrestle Kingdom.

And I've already gone from "oh Ospreay is good" to "yeech he's a terrible person" to "he's good but trash" and I don't care anymore (but I won't hesitate to dunk on him given a chance). Just sucks that this is the landscape of the business.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

He 100% didn’t actually write it, but that’s what it’s called.

The first line is literally “I’M NOT MAD.”

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/...er%3D927%23pti6

Definitely worth Jericho's non partisan time and respect.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Can wait for elections in 5 years time where it’s just two idiots screaming “OH AM I TRIGGERING YOU!??” over and over at each other

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
five?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Really disappointed in Jericho, but not too surprised; some of the stuff he said on the episodes of his podcast i listened to kinda hinted he was that kind of person. I'll just separate Jericho, the amazing character/performer, from the awful person.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
seems like jericho is in a little bit of the troubly

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This whole thing is doubly difficult to come to terms with because Jericho is an excellent example of someone who isn't just an exclusively awful guy. Remember all those times he donated to pro wrestlers who were having trouble in life? I believe he also is active in several actually good charities. But he IS a drunk rear end in a top hat and he absolutely is an equal-opportunity platform-giver to both decent people and abhorrent scum.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

extradite THIS! posted:

This whole thing is doubly difficult to come to terms with because Jericho is an excellent example of someone who isn't just an exclusively awful guy. Remember all those times he donated to pro wrestlers who were having trouble in life? I believe he also is active in several actually good charities. But he IS a drunk rear end in a top hat and he absolutely is an equal-opportunity platform-giver to both decent people and abhorrent scum.
Not taking a side is taking a side.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

Not taking a side is taking a side.

I'm not saying it isn't. Just saying that at least for me there's a good bit of cognitive dissonance going on here because I can't just say that Jericho was Always Bad because he demonstrably hasn't always been bad, but he looks pretty awful right now.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
everyone should go to bed and remember that while the bombs fall there is no such thing as a good american or canadian

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WatermelonGun posted:

everyone should go to bed and remember that while the bombs fall there is no such thing as a good american or canadian

Incorrect. I am great.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

WatermelonGun posted:

bring on JDPON

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Jericho is dumb as gently caress, and puts people as dumb as or dumber than him on his show. Just last Friday he had on a dude who insisted that Elvis' drug habit was a part of the MK-Ultra program. Am I happy with him having Beavis Trump on his show? Hell no. Do I see how someone this dumb and sheltered would let his producers book Fredo? I sure do!

The key thing to remember is that all pro wrestlers are dumb as gently caress. Even David Starr. Even Zack Sabre Jr! Yes, he too is dumb as gently caress!

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Mr. Swoon posted:

Jericho is dumb as gently caress, and puts people as dumb as or dumber than him on his show. Just last Friday he had on a dude who insisted that Elvis' drug habit was a part of the MK-Ultra program. Am I happy with him having Beavis Trump on his show? Hell no. Do I see how someone this dumb and sheltered would let his producers book Fredo? I sure do!

The key thing to remember is that all pro wrestlers are dumb as gently caress. Even David Starr. Even Zack Sabre Jr! Yes, he too is dumb as gently caress!

Yes, the leftist trying to unionize wrestling is just as dumb as the millionaire who gave Trump Jr. a platform to tell people how evil feminists are.

Both sides are bad, perhaps the answer is somewhere in the middle :smuggo:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mr. Swoon posted:

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Yes, the leftist trying to unionize wrestling is just as dumb as the millionaire who gave Trump Jr. a platform to tell people how evil feminists are.

Both sides are bad, perhaps the answer is somewhere in the middle :smuggo:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Being dumb doesn't make you evil.

Being a conservative makes you evil :eng101:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

LividLiquid posted:

If y'all are disappointed in this, the barest minimum of action is better than doing or saying nothing.

https://twitter.com/SofaJustice/status/1191909252174008322

Cody and Brandi are actually big on Trump too. They just keep it private.

(And no, I can't prove this, I just know someone who worked with them during their time in WWE. On the bright side, Moxley is not a Trump fan.)

collocation fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 6, 2019

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mr. Swoon posted:

I dunno they seem ok.

Maybe it's because I follow some Japanese wrestling and the bits I see translated of their social media aren't really about politics but I feel there's a lot of good and decent wrestlers out there. But whenever the topic comes up about some wrestler that is pretty well liked also being lovely, there's always a lot of discussion about how all wrestlers suck actually or are just very stupid and it feels like deflection.

Not to say that's what people intend to do, but I don't think it really helps the conversation any when people are like "All wrestlers are stupid. What can you do?".

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I'm a huge fan of Jericho but this was extremely disappointing, and it seems silly to try and claim,"Well ALL wrestlers are stupid" as an excuse. It's okay to just admit a wrestler you like did something really bad without having to try and qualify it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MotU posted:

seems like jericho is in a little bit of the troubly

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I mean, this seems fairly cut and dry to me. Jericho did something really loving stupid and when called out on it, any response he gives, if he even gives one, will probably be extremely loving lame because I don't think Jericho has ever responded to criticism well. He'll catch flack for it, but I doubt it will significantly affect any meaningful metrics for AEW, Jericho or his crowd reactions. He'll keep being the most featured talent on AEW until he drops the belt.

Which I was hoping would be in a couple months to Moxley, but I'd be fine with it being on Saturday, now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/IAmJericho/status/1191847955046776839

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

(If he was truly non-partisan he wouldn't give a platform to a politician of any stripe)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

and when called out on it, any response he gives, if he even gives one, will probably be extremely loving lame

drat........pretty smart guy here.......

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm cool with people who want to support the vunerable AND people who think poor people should be fed into woodchippers!