Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Nothing is worth anything in AFK its the illusion of progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I keep thinking I should make an AFK thread, but can't be arsed to do the OP.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Sleekly posted:

Nothing is worth anything in AFK its the illusion of progress

That's is true. If you do want progress, come join us in the last Cloudia thread

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So I'm having fun with KOF Allstars but the game seems to crash like every 5 minutes for me. I tried clearing my cache and do the bulk download again, and now I keep on getting "Download Failed" even though I'm connected to WiFi.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

AFK Arena thread

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zotix posted:

That's is true. If you do want progress, come join us in the last Cloudia thread

Do you actually play Cloudia or does it turn in to an autobattler after awhile?

Thundercracker posted:

Faith increases your damage dealt and taken with magic attacks. Brave is the same for melee. Getting to high or low in either will cause that unit to leave your party.

High Brave has no downsides. High Faith gives a warning before they leave and you can lower faith a couple points easily enough. 90-93 Faith is more than enough anyways.

Brave also affects your counter ability's proc rate and effectiveness. Blade Grasp on a 90+ Brave character can make them immune to melee skills that aren't coded to ignore evasion.

Make a Monk with >10 Faith and ~95 Brave. You now have a magic-immune murderbeast. Give it Blade Grasp from Samurai and +3 move from Bard. You now have near-immunity to physical damage and the range to run down most enemies before they get in range to attack you. If the Monk *does* go down you need to revive them with items.

Then get a white mage with math skill, CT/4, 6 speed, the Holy spell, and some eq that boosts Holy damage. You can now OHKO 99% of enemies (and allies) on the first turn of every fight in the game and your low faith monk will survive. Not advisable on any maps where a unit has to survive, obviously.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 28, 2019

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
edit, post, double etc.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Is anyone else playing Tom Clancy's Secret Gacha? (https://www.elitesquadgame.com)

Im having fun with it, though I cant see any real reason to spend cash. Its in EA Alpha so it might not be available everywhere. Fights are shoot outs between characters from all the clancy universes, as dudes (and dudettes) gain stars they unlock new abilities and you can upgrade their guns and gear too. Fun to watch.

If anyone else is playing, do we have a guild? I can make one if not.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Can't stop playing Nonograms Katana; send help

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

YggiDee posted:

Can't stop playing Nonograms Katana; send help

What level are you stuck on?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You misunderstand, I'm at 690+ solved and counting. I was almost late for work this morning because I walked by a bench and figured I'd do, like, one more. Most nonogram games run out of Nonograms but I found out about the user-submitted levels so now I'm going to play this until the heat death of the universe

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

YggiDee posted:

You misunderstand, I'm at 690+ solved and counting. I was almost late for work this morning because I walked by a bench and figured I'd do, like, one more. Most nonogram games run out of Nonograms but I found out about the user-submitted levels so now I'm going to play this until the heat death of the universe

It was a joke about how you can't have a problem being addicted to it because it's so good therefore it must be a level you're stuck on.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

YggiDee posted:

You should see Griddlers Plus. There's at least a couple thousand puzzles; it's insane.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Katana has 48k, I think I'll be good here :v:

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

:( you killed arena :(

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

PunkBoy posted:

So I'm having fun with KOF Allstars but the game seems to crash like every 5 minutes for me. I tried clearing my cache and do the bulk download again, and now I keep on getting "Download Failed" even though I'm connected to WiFi.

If you watch the download it should have a try again countdown whenever it fails. I had to tap that several times when I installed.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Phrosphor posted:

Is anyone else playing Tom Clancy's Secret Gacha? (https://www.elitesquadgame.com)

Im having fun with it, though I cant see any real reason to spend cash. Its in EA Alpha so it might not be available everywhere. Fights are shoot outs between characters from all the clancy universes, as dudes (and dudettes) gain stars they unlock new abilities and you can upgrade their guns and gear too. Fun to watch.

If anyone else is playing, do we have a guild? I can make one if not.

Well if anyone does pick this up I made a guild, just search for Goon Squad and request to join!

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

It seems to be invite only in its current phase? I didn't even find an APK in the usual places.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I'm replaying the original The Room after beating Original Sins and it honestly is more frustrating than fun. There's way too much pixel hunting instead of letting you get on with puzzle solving. That's barely ok on a monitor let alone a phone.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Thundercracker posted:

I'm replaying the original The Room after beating Original Sins and it honestly is more frustrating than fun. There's way too much pixel hunting instead of letting you get on with puzzle solving. That's barely ok on a monitor let alone a phone.

If you think The Room is bad stay away from the Da Vinci one. It looks nice but its terribad to control and some of the puzzles are just garbage.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Minecraft Earth released for me today, not sure what there is to do though.

It's like pokemon go except you just tap on bushes and rocks to collect material which you can imagine goes into crafting other things. Doesn't look like you can put up anything for other people to come across, but you can build something on your desk using VR which is kind of neat I guess.

I'm only level 2 and some things are level gated it looks like.

Anyone else in on this?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Got my invite to the beta version of xCloud a few days ago! I guess the Console Streaming part of the app is only for people who participated in the Xbox insider program up to a certain level or something.

The xcloud streaming portion of the app has Gears 5, Halo 5, and Sea of Thieves. It plays just like you would expect. It's your Xbox on your phone. The Xbox one S controller syncs perfectly, and it works as it should.

I'm pretty excited for this to get rolled out officially. Anyone else get in, or have the console functionality unlocked?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I don't know if any other goons play Brown Dust, but the android version of their latest update has been delayed since Wednesday, and apparently this is why

Brown Dust facebook page posted:

About the AOS Release Delay

We’d like to first apologize for the delay happening in the AOS market release which is causing the maintenance to be extended for our Captains who are using the Google Play Store to access our game updates.

When we release a new update for our App, we make use of the feature on Google Play Store called “Timed Publishing” to make sure the updated version is available to our users before the maintenance is over. However, we noticed that this feature was not enabled when we were preparing for this update. We then immediately used the default “Standard Publishing” but the newest version of the App still hasn’t been released on the Play Store as of right now.

We have been using various methods to get in contact with Google to explain our situation to get this issue sorted out as soon as possible. So far, we were only told to wait without further details that could help us estimate when the updated App will be available.

We are aware that many Captains were very excited for the Oct 31st update. Some even waiting for this particular update for past couple of months! The fact that this update was so highly anticipated got us excited to finally be able to bring it over to the Global Regions. We apologize for the disappointment this delay must have caused all of our Captains.
We will make sure notify you through various methods such as push notifications and additional announcements as soon as the App has been updated on the AOS Market.

Lastly, we are planning on providing detailed information regarding the compensation for the inconvenience this delay has caused you as soon as the App is available.

Captains who have been waiting for so long, we are very grateful.

And we are so sorry.

The upsetting thing is like all Gatcha games it has a lot of timed stuff so this delay is kind of borking all the Android users. Though it seems like they are fully aware of this and will be compensating everyone, and also from their social media posts, legit upset they're doing it to their player base.

The thing is, i'm sure there are a lot of players who don't follow it on FB or the subreddit or whatever and are just "this game is dead *uninstall*"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Homeworld Mobile is in early access on Android apparently, did anyone enter in to it?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Halfway through Photographs and the game is kinda souring on me. Like, it's just feel bad for feel bads sake, with some of the story beats completely unbelievably. Like the athlete living under a bridge after getting kicked off the college dive team.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

This is going to sound weird, but is there something like a (preferably offline) pay-once-to-get-game-only gacha?

I keep bouncing off a lot of the thread recommendations just because it feels like too much work, too fast, and I feel like I never last. Yes, I realise they're designed to be like that to get money off whales. I just like collecting things and seeing pretty art and seeing numbers go up.

Of course, if I have to pay for the game and it's STILL unsustainable cooldown city then...that's not what I'm looking for.

I realise there might not be anything that fits this bill. :(

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Artelier posted:

This is going to sound weird, but is there something like a (preferably offline) pay-once-to-get-game-only gacha?

I keep bouncing off a lot of the thread recommendations just because it feels like too much work, too fast, and I feel like I never last. Yes, I realise they're designed to be like that to get money off whales. I just like collecting things and seeing pretty art and seeing numbers go up.

Of course, if I have to pay for the game and it's STILL unsustainable cooldown city then...that's not what I'm looking for.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 if you've got a Switch?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Artelier posted:

Maybe not what you are looking for but numbers going up with no cooldowns sounds a lot like Mega Mall Story 2 imo

On that subject Kairosoft just translated their basketball game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.kairosoft.android.basket&hl=en_GB

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Maybe not what you are looking for but numbers going up with no cooldowns sounds a lot like Mega Mall Story 2 imo

I think, specifically, it's a 'numbers going up, but no further purchases required or even available' sort of deal. Like a premium gacha or clicker, maybe?

I have no suggestions, sorry. I mean, for just numbers going up, Random Number God isn't bad, and there's progression, but it might not be your thing.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

I have a new 8bitdo and a dead pc, so please recommend something other than snes/psx games to play with it. Bonus points for vr.

The points mean nothing, and I'll probably play the game for 5 minutes before returning to my precious terrible books.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Polyseme posted:

I have a new 8bitdo and a dead pc, so please recommend something other than snes/psx games to play with it. Bonus points for vr.

The points mean nothing, and I'll probably play the game for 5 minutes before returning to my precious terrible books.

Oddmar

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Android 10 Supports The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Artelier posted:

Does the teen titan go game count?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Don't think I've seen it mentioned here before, but this is a neat little perk program Google is rolling out for the Play store. You do have to opt in, just follow the instructions and it's pretty painless. I did have to restart the app to get the option to appear though.

https://blog.google/products/google-play/google-play-points-rewards-program-all-ways-you-play/amp/

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

New Leaf posted:

Don't think I've seen it mentioned here before, but this is a neat little perk program Google is rolling out for the Play store. You do have to opt in, just follow the instructions and it's pretty painless. I did have to restart the app to get the option to appear though.

https://blog.google/products/google-play/google-play-points-rewards-program-all-ways-you-play/amp/

Not yet available in :canada:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

New Leaf posted:

you can spend $3000 a year to be a platinum member.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Mr Hootington posted:

you can spend $3000 a year to be a platinum member.

You joke, but I know people who will drop that much in a month in my guild in Epic 7.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Why wouldn't they accommodate and incentivize (sp?) the whales. They're going to spend already, might as well give them more reason.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

I don't know if any other goons play Brown Dust, but the android version of their latest update has been delayed since Wednesday, and apparently this is why

The upsetting thing is like all Gatcha games it has a lot of timed stuff so this delay is kind of borking all the Android users. Though it seems like they are fully aware of this and will be compensating everyone, and also from their social media posts, legit upset they're doing it to their player base.

The thing is, i'm sure there are a lot of players who don't follow it on FB or the subreddit or whatever and are just "this game is dead *uninstall*"

I wasn't aware that there was an update that was delayed, nonetheless I'm looking forward to whatever compensation freebies they'll be throwing my way :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

CompeAnansi posted:

You joke, but I know people who will drop that much in a month in my guild in Epic 7.

Yeah. Early on I was in ambition, and it became rapidly clear that I wasn't willing to spend the money the guild was monthly.