Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
Is my[f45] son[m23] to be GAY?

quote:

Help me! I think my son ... will it be GAY ??

Well, I need help, I think my son is gay. The other day we went to eat a very glamorous restaurant, because a cousin of mine came from France to spend a few months here. To celebrate his arrival we went to eat at a very luxurious restaurant, where he invited us.

The fact is that we ask for fish, and to drink, we ask for soda, and a good wine. We were waiting for a good time for the food to come, and in the meantime, my wife, my two daughters, and my son, we talked about life, about everything a bit. My son sings in a choir, and this student is singing at the university, he is 23 years old. While my other two daughters are twins, and still go to school, they are 17. It was time for food, and the truth was very rich, of very good quality ... although as always, in those places, it was not much, but it does not matter. Dessert time arrived, my son ordered an ice cream dessert, I had a chesse cake, and the rest all asked for a strawberry cake that is the house specialty. We ate well, and then we stayed for a while, having a tea, while my cousin and his wife, they told us things about Paris, their work, the moment of economic crisis in Europe, and all those issues that people speak out of curiosity with people who live in another country, their culture, what they do when they have free time, etc. Then it was time to talk about sport, my cousin lives in Paris, and is a fan of tennis, so we had a good time talking about it and Roland Garros. I personally love the Swiss Roger Federer, although my cousin, Nadal likes him much better, and says he has a very powerful left-hander, and that he plays very defensively ... well, everyone has their own tastes. After talking for a long time, we returned home and my cousin stayed at home with his wife for the night. That night I made a good barbecue as usual in my country, and my guests delighted in novels! Then we played cards, and we stayed late at night talking about life, very funny, and we had a really good time, it was a very pleasant reunion, with a person who since I was 19 years old! of those relatives to whom one loses track and almost never sees him again, but luckily, when my brother went to Europe 2 years ago, he stayed a few days in his house, and they came to come this 2011 for my country It is always good to get back to those childhood people, with whom one lived great moments, I remember when we went to my grandparents' field and ate all in family, I also remember that in the stay they made bread and we all spent hours and hours Kneading, something very nice to remember, that time has taken care of disappearing from our minds. Sometimes it seems that the daily routine encapsulates us and lets us go out to enjoy the truly beautiful life, and we stay a little. And reunions like these are necessary to make us realize that life goes beyond day to day, to go to work, to take the car to wash, to shop, etc. etc., and we have to get out of that vicious circle a little. . The truth is that this reunion made me very happy and I felt quite sad when I said goodbye to my relatives at the airport the next day, since I know that I will surely never see them again. 3 days later, when I got home earlier from work, I found my son sucking a classmate's cock in the bathroom of my house. Will my son be gay?!?

tl;dr. Is my son be gay??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lucrece posted:

Yes.

Maybe.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for asking my husband to stop eating so much pizza?

My husband and I have a three-year-old and both work fulltime, so pretty often, we're too tired to cook. We usually end up ordering or going out for pizza once a week (usually this occurs when it's his turn to cook). He'll act confused about what he should cook at home because I do the grocery shopping and he "doesn't know what we have to cook" (he doesn't bother to check and we almost always have a protein, veggie, and side dish on hand).

However, his pizza of choice is a meat covered monster. Like, the menu says each slice is 500+ calories. Me and our daughter eat one slice and might not even finish that one. Meanwhile, my husband (who is NOT fat at all and that's not the issue) gobbles downs 4 or more slices EVERY TIME. I don't care about his caloric intake or gaining weight, because he's otherwise active and eats well. But the nights that he orders pizza, he always eats himself into a major stomachache, diarrhea, and then falls into a food coma. I'm totally on my own putting our daughter to bed, then he wakes up in the middle of the night with more diarrhea, he can't go back to sleep, and is groggy and grumpy the whole next day.

He ordered the other night and was about to dig into his third slice and I asked, "Hey, don't you think two is enough? They're like 500 calories a slice and you always get a really upset stomach and terrible sleep." He told me basically to mind my own business, stop policing his eating, and he then polished off another two slices. So, of course, he gets a painful stomachache, diarrhea, and passes out, while I have to bathe, dress, read to, and put our toddler to bed alone (who is VERY grumpy at the end of the day). On good nights, we usually manage to stike a good balance between cooking, cleaning up the dishes, bathing our kid, and doing bedtime stories. I have to ask him to make it up to me the next day after Pizzagedon and handle bedtime by himself instead of him offering. I'm mad because I feel like I'm paying for his pizza abuse with my evening free time. Just eat two slices, that's plenty! I don't want to have to STOP ordering pizza because, hell, I like pizza, too.

AITA?

TL;DR Husband usually orders pizza on his night to cook. He eats himself into temporary IBS by eating 4+ 500 calorie meaty slices, passes out, and leaves me to bathe and put our grumpy toddler to bed alone. He wakes up with more diarrhea, can't go back to sleep, and is tired the whole next day. He says it's none of my business. I have to ask him to reciprocate and do bedtime alone the next day or he won't "pay me back" at all. He won't own up to it because he "got sick" not "I made myself sick."

ETA: Working 2-on-1 with our daughter makes bed/bath time about 40 minutes, because she's much more cooperative ("Mommy can put on my PJs! Daddy can read to me!"). If I have to do it myself, it turns into up to a 90-minute ordeal ("Honey, put on your jammies." "I want my dadddddddddy" for 20 minutes).
He’s an rear end in a top hat and idiot, but come on, it’s one freaking kid.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Chomp8645 posted:

poo poo loving sucks. A single living room/common space shouldn't need to service five adults.

Oh god this is the loving worst. My current place has four adults (myself included) and a teenager. We have a shared kitchen, a shared living room, a shared unfinished workshop, and one loving bathroom.

It's not so bad half the time but the other half the time there's also one out of a rotating series of couch guys which blocks off access to the living room and workshop and makes the place feel so much smaller.

I could move out but then I'd be paying two to three times as much rent for a single room with a hotplate and a shower in it trying to pass itself off as an apartment.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lucrece posted:

I had to struggle to get through that but I'm glad I did.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm torn on this one.

On one hand my dad would regularly work 12+ hours a day doing construction work, come home and get mildly to very drunk on beer, and still help my mom take care of the kids. But this dork is like "oh no I'm pretty full, I'm going to literally spend the entire night making GBS threads and sleeping"

On the other hand, having to put your kid to bed by yourself once a week is not a big deal at all really. Although she's probably more mad that the husband is knowingly ignoring his family for 2 extra slices of that sweet sweet pizza pie

Punkinhead fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Nov 7, 2019

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

PinheadSlim posted:

I'm torn on this one.

On one hand my dad would regularly work 12+ hours a day doing construction work, come home and get mildly to very drunk on beer, and still help my mom take care of the kids. But this dork is like "oh no I'm pretty full, I'm going to literally spend the entire night making GBS threads and sleeping"

On the other hand, having to put your kid to bed by yourself once a week is not a big deal at all really. Although she's probably more mad that the husband is knowingly ignoring his family for 2 extra slices of that sweet sweet pizza pie

Sounds like hubby needs some overalls for those gurglespurts.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Lucrece posted:

if he died would you love him?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lucrece posted:

Unfortunately, this inspiring tale of a good, caring, family focused father successfully raising a gay child turned out to be a joke.

redditor posted:

This was so funny! Well done.

Reminds me of that joke where a guy writes into an advice column and goes into detail about how he thinks he busted his wife having an affair and he hid outside under the car just watching to see. At the end of it all he asks a question and you think he’s going to ask if people think his wife is having an affair, but he doesn’t. His question is about a crack he noticed on his exhaust when hiding under the car.

OP posted:

Yes! Thank you! It’s kind of an anti joke. Even put it through google translate to get the broken english haha

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This is pretty foul. The OP should make him as miserable as possible while he's making GBS threads himself so that maybe he'll learn not to eat himself sick every drat time. Or just divorce, because no way in hell could I respect a person who did this.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Go ahead and guess the ages before clicking.

Friend made a crude remark about my sister, claims it was a coincidence

quote:

I’ll keep this brief.

M(40) made a crude remark about my F(33) sister the other day, as a joke. She had her tonsils removed and he said something about her being able to deep throat now. I told him to please not make those kinds of jokes about my sister, and he said ok.

A few days later, he sends me a clip from a bad horror film he was watching wherein a doll is getting a BJ and says “ooh no tonsils!”

I respond by saying it’s funny, but again, please stop with the crude remarks about my sister.

He proceeds to tell me he doesn’t understand the correlation, and that I must be deflecting to pick a fight with him. I re-explain myself, and he freaks out. He says it was purely a coincidence. He had never seen the movie before and just happened to record those few seconds and send them to me. He said I’m crazy and I’m insinuating that he’s a liar, which he hates. He said he no longer wants to speak to me because the energy it takes to maintain a friendship with me is not worth the return and he would rather spend his time and energy with people who know that what he says is the truth.

Bonus: he’s married and has affairs left and right, so history shows he’s not the most honest person on the planet.

tl;dr friend sends me a video with a crude remark related to what he said about my sister a few days ago, but he insists it was just a coincidence.

Thoughts?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

La Brea Carpet posted:

Go ahead and guess the ages before clicking.

Friend made a crude remark about my sister, claims it was a coincidence

beginning of story: 16/17

end: 37-42

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
I don't think this one's been posted.
My Boyfriend (28M) Went On Vacation Without Me (28F)

quote:

My boyfriend gets three weeks of vacation per year. He took a week over the summer, has a week-long ski trip with his family planned in February, and then his third week is this week. For months, he’s talked about planning a trip for just us. His parents (with whom I don’t see eye-to-eye) asked him to come home for a few days to spend time with them. So my boyfriend talked about splitting the week between a trip with me and a few days at home with his parents. But then last week, he announced that the most convenient dates for his parents would be Sunday-Saturday... aka, the entire week. And that’s the flight he booked. He reassured me that he and I would still have two full days together (the Saturday before his flight and the Sunday after.) But now I’m sitting alone in our apartment during a week when I thought that I’d be traveling with my boyfriend and I’m so hurt that I’m in tears. I don’t know if I’m being petty or if this is a genuine thing to be upset over. My boyfriend has tried to suggest that we take a long weekend together over the holidays to make up for this week, but that just feels like a consolation prize. I don’t know what to do or how to feel right now. I feel abandoned, but then I feel like a brat for feeling that way. Idk, any advice??

TLDR: my boyfriend told me that we’d go on a trip together this week, but instead he booked his entire vacation time to go home to see his parents.

UPDATE: My bf (28m) went on vacation without me (28f)

quote:

First of all, thank you to everyone who commented and gave advice on my previous two posts!! I cannot thank you enough!!

Here’s the update: my boyfriend is visiting his parents for his week off right now, despite having promised to at least split the week and plan a trip for just us. I brought up how hurt this made me and how I’d like to find a solution, and he initially suggested (on his own without any suggestion from me) that he fly home mid-week and we go to the place of my choosing. He gave a few options, and attending a home football game at my collegiate alma mater had me sold! So I got totally stoked for this weekend... except that he never actually bought tickets nor booked flights. When I asked him about it, he reiterated that he’d be back from visiting his parents this weekend. I was so confused! So I tried talking to him again, and he told me about the many conversations he’s had with his parents about me this week while he’s been with them. I made my boyfriend a scrapbook for his birthday and reached out to his sister for childhood photos, which his mom saw as “an ulterior motive to infiltrate the family and steal personal pictures and information.” Then his dad announced that he will never again be in the same room as me. His parents have this insane, irrational hatred of me... which his dad FINALLY admitted this week is because I’m not Jewish, I’m from a southern state, and I’m registered as a political independent instead of “having the patriotism to choose a party and stand by it.” WTF?!?! So that was all absurd and crazy, which I thought that my boyfriend would recognize as completely on his parents’... but then this morning he had the nerve to ask me, “If we stay together, will you seriously be okay not having in-laws and making me choose between spending vacation with my family or spending it with my partner? Do you think that’s fair to me?” OH HELLLLL NOOOO!!! Needless to say, that was the tipping point for me. I told him to get back to me once he’s grown up and become his own person.

TLDR: my boyfriend and I broke up

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Imagine being 28 and that far up Mommy and Daddy's rear end.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

She dodged a bullet, and possibly a pogrom.

e. What Beachcomber said.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't ever see women pining for huge dicks.

is there a louvre just for self-owns or what.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for abruptly leaving my boyfriend’s place after he asked me a trivia question?

We’ve been together a few months, known each other since the beginning of the year. Quite comfortable, know each other well. I’m (18F) a history major in college right now, studying to be a teacher later on but mostly for the purposes of knowing things.

My concentration is the 60s/70s and the specifics of the beginning, middle, and end of the Vietnam War. The culture of 60s, the politics, etc is my thing. It has been my interest and passion for years. My boyfriend (20M) is more of a “I like random fun facts and listening to history podcasts” type of guy. Which nothing is wrong with that. I love podcasts as well.

He is constantly sending me random pop quizzes/trivia questions about poo poo I have no idea about (Roman or Greek things specifically) and he basically says “you can’t call yourself a history buff if you don’t know xyz!” And I remind him of my specific interests.

This past Sunday I was writing a paper at his place while he was playing some quiz game on his phone and he turns and says something along the lines of “quick! What were the dates of the first Punic War and what two continents was it partially fought on?” And I said “I’m doing something right now and I don’t know” and he says “you might as well change your major while you’re a freshman”

I got so frustrated I saved my document, kissed him bye, and went home. He called me all day yesterday and left voicemails saying he was just joking and his sister texted me Sunday night saying that it’s “just how he is”

My mom and sister think I’m being a baby about it but I am kind of upset. I have previously mentioned my insecurities about wanting a degree in humanities and I just think he doesn’t take my passion seriously. Idk. AITA?

edit: I have voiced my frustration with this before in “you know I won’t know this but tell me anyway” and “idk but tell me” but this was the first time I acted this drastically

The only reply would be, "I might as well get a boyfriend who's not a dick while I'm a freshman." :sever:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not allowing any alcohol at my wedding?

So both me and my fiance grew up in a family of drinkers. It turned me off of drinking, I hate it and hate being around it. My fiance on the other hand struggled with addiction that he's been working on (4 months sober coming up!). Anyways, because of this I'd prefer there be no drinking at the wedding.

I don't want to be around drunk people, and I don't want my fiance to be tempted to drink. I never actually discussed not having alcohol with him, but we try to never discuss anything alcohol related because he says it's hard to not drink when talking about drinking. Anyways, so I gave our families and friends a heads up that there would be no alcohol at the wedding/reception and that we didn't want anyone to bring any either.

This didn't go well, and now I have a ton of people coming to me saying it's ridiculous and they've never heard of a wedding and reception with absolutely no drinking, and that having a few drinks is part of the celebration, and at the minimum we should have champagne or something for a toast (dont know if that's normal but every wedding in my family has had a couple drinks as a toast). My family is mad about me going against the "tradition" and for banning everyone from being able to drink. His family isn't excited about it either because they were looking forward to having fun and celebrating with drinks. A lot of people seem upset with me now. I just want a nice celebration with no drinking for our big day. AITA for saying absolutely no alcohol is allowed?

Edit: since I've had people say I should include this. It's not a long or extravagant wedding, it's a small casual sunset beach wedding with barely over 20 people invited. It's not going to be a long drawn out event, everybody attending lives in the area and none of them have children. The dress code is casual, swimming is encouraged and we're renting jet skis and a banana boat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So both me and my fiance grew up in a family of drinkers. It turned me off of drinking, I hate it and hate being around it. My fiance on the other hand struggled with addiction that he's been working on (4 months sober coming up!). Anyways, because of this I'd prefer there be no drinking at the wedding.

See, now this is a good reason to not have alcohol at your wedding.

All those other people can just loving deal.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If you can't celebrate without alcohol then you have a problem and should maybe think about not drinking more than just the one day of the wedding.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

any reason is a good reason

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

is there a louvre just for self-owns or what.

the louvre is for small dicks

that's why you're in there

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
that's certainly a post deserving the name Alan Smithee.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

bell jar posted:

any reason is a good reason

My neighbor’s dog told me to.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My mom & sister are mad at me for letting my boyfriend wear my dead grandfather’s suit.

Hi everyone, 21F here. I’ll try to make this as quick as possible. Here’s some background info. 2+ years ago my grandfather passed away from cancer, we were very close. He wrote a list of specific things he wanted to give me while he was in the hospital, including a lot of his clothing because I’m super into collecting vintage clothing. He passed down a bunch of stuff to me including some of his suits, watches, jewelry, coats, ect.

My boyfriend and I have been together for about 2 years, we got together shortly after my grandfather passed, he never knew him. My family knows my boyfriend and they like him a lot. Anyway this weekend my boyfriend and I went to my cousins graduation party at some fancy restaurant their family rented out. My boyfriend was rummaging through my closet a few days before the party and he complimented one of the suits that belonged to my grandfather. I told him to try it on and it fit him perfectly. So I told him he could wear it to the party so he wouldn’t have to rent a suit. I also let him borrow one of my grandpa’s watches & ties.

So we go to the party, he’s wearing my grandpa’s suit, watch & tie. My grandmother pointed it out (my deceased grandfather’s wife) and said he looked very handsome, she didn’t have a problem with it at all. After this I immediately noticed my mother and sister were being standoffish towards him and I which they don’t normally do. About an hour goes by, they’re still acting weird. I finally got sick of it around dinner time so I asked my family while we were all at the table if I have done something wrong. My mother said yes I can’t believe you brought him here wearing your grandfather’s clothes. I asked her what the problem with that was and she said that it’s extremely disrespectful and she doesn’t want someone who never met him wearing his things. She also said she didn’t need to be reminded that her father isn’t alive. I apologized that it made her feel that way but I explained that my grandfather gave them to me and I can do whatever I want with them. I also said that I can choose to honor him however I’d like as he was also important to me.

She stood up and said shame on both of you (to my boyfriend and I) and walked out. My sister followed. My mother & sister left the party and haven’t talked to me since. I’ve tried calling and texting, neither of them have answered. My boyfriend texted my mother how sorry he was that he offended her but she didn’t answer him either. I feel bad that I evidently hurt their feelings somehow but it just doesn’t make sense to me. I also want to resolve it because my boyfriend is feeling bad about it and obviously didn’t want to offend my family. Can anyone help me understand what they may be feeling? Or tell me if I’m wrong in any way?

TL;DR My family is upset that my boyfriend came to a party in my deceased grandfather’s suit

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Smirking_Serpent posted:

As long as everybody knows beforehand, it is cool. The muslim weddings I've been to I've snuck alcohol in and then after we've all had a drink I usually lead a group of like-minded people to a nearby liquor store to get more. As long as you are discreet it's all good. The wedding where the bride (my friend) was Indian and the groom (unknown) was Pakistani that was unexpectedly dry was more awkward because there was a more of a minor riot and a train to the liquor store because a good fifth of the invited audience had no idea it was dry and a lot of the uninvited portion wanted booze.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My mom & sister are mad at me for letting my boyfriend wear my dead grandfather’s suit.

It's totally normal and cool to dress up your boyfriend so that he look like your grandfather and then parade him around your mother. There is no way that is hosed up and would creep people out at all. :thunk:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

His parents have this insane, irrational hatred of me... which his dad FINALLY admitted this week is because I’m not Jewish, I’m from a southern state, and I’m registered as a political independent instead of “having the patriotism to choose a party and stand by it.”
This is where you come back the next day and tell the dad that you agree with his position and have decided to be a True Patriot by joining a party...(pause for effect)...the Communist Party. :ussr:

You’ll still break up, but you have the satisfaction of watching boomerdad’s head explode all over the walls first.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm not sure how you can identify individual suits unless it's like purple or something.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Beachcomber posted:

I'm not sure how you can identify individual suits unless it's like purple or something.

They had presumably seen their husband/father wear it multiple times.

Unless you’re being like, suitblind here

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I bet is also smells like old man. It takes a while for that smell to go away, even with dry cleaning.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pirate Radar posted:

They had presumably seen their husband/father wear it multiple times.

Unless you’re being like, suitblind here

Isn't the whole point of suits to look basically the same?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beachcomber posted:

:thunk:

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Beachcomber posted:

No. There is a huge variety. It's all on a theme but if you can't tell the difference I don't know what to tell you.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My dead grandpa's zoot suit

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Beachcomber posted:

Yes and no. The point of suits was for everyone to wear them, but there are clear variations between suits if you know what to look for. Also this was an old man’s suit so it might be a color, pattern, or cut, that isn’t as common as it used to be, making it stand out more.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Suit styles change tremendously in time. For a really easy way to see this visually take a look what people wore to the NBA draft every year and youll see fabrics, cuts, sizes, and fits change dramatically decade to decade so a suit like that would stick out.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Like a lot of things this is a spectrum, where at one end you have somebody who turns on a James Bond movie and thinks “yes, the World is Not Enough, he wore a three-piece charcoal windowpane suit from Brioni with a straight shoulder and four-button cuffs, and, uh, Denise Richards is also in this movie?” and at the other you have somebody who thinks “suit” refers to any time you’re wearing a jacket even if it doesn’t match your pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Like most things on SA, there is a particular spectrum that is driving the discussion here.