Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Tesseraction posted:

Knight to F6

A cunning tactic, but this momentary setback will not prevail against my strategy of shock and awe

*shits self* your move

E: gently caress

Ish to B7

Maugrim fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mentioned to my dad that the local Brexit Party had his dad's name, just as a little joke, and holy poo poo he went into this guy for about 10 minutes solid, about how his house is basically Fort Knox, he was doing the guys garden and went away but was very insistent than they stay away from the house because his south east Asian mailorder bride was inside and he was clearly deeply paranoid that if she even set eyes on another man she'd leave him, I think the phrase "mini-Hitler" was mentioned.

My old man is very much in the "gently caress 'em all" jaded cynicism when it comes to politics, but hearing him having some real genuine anger at this oval office was very entertaining. Not that it's a surprise that the Brexit Party candidate is a piece of poo poo, but he seems to run a security firm & pays the staff minimum wage & treats them like poo poo on top of everything else.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lol all my green friends are switching to Labour after the 'unity' deal with the LDs, turns out they remember how poo poo the LDs are.

Hope it's more than an anecdotal trend.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hentai jihadist you've been whining about this for ages

https://twitter.com/PickardJE/status/1192404768116871173?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Good

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/trevorbastard/status/1192404096562728961?s=19

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

think we're going to see the tories and lib dems exposed pretty quickly here tbh, those polls are looking tastier by the hour rn. much like cuktig most of their "support" is largely media invention, evidenced by everyone who meets johnson irl calling him a nonce and a tosser, and swinson being popular only with comment is free writers

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Tesseraction posted:

Knight to F6

Well as it appears your playing black, I guess I'm white.

Pawn To D4

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

My old man is very much in the "gently caress 'em all" jaded cynicism when it comes to politics, but hearing him having some real genuine anger at this oval office was very entertaining. Not that it's a surprise that the Brexit Party candidate is a piece of poo poo, but he seems to run a security firm & pays the staff minimum wage & treats them like poo poo on top of everything else.
Broke and angry is what I always look for in a security employee. Keeps 'em on their toes.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jose posted:

I thought that basically was their fiscal rule? Or is it a total exclusion now with no sop to balance over the parliamentary term.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Haha I have FOUR official letters today saying I'm already on the electoral register, I don't need to do anything else. It's because I keep saying "RIGHT LET'S DO IT TOGETHER RIGHT NOW" when I find people who aren't registered to vote. I got a picture of the four envelopes from my wife along with a message saying "HAVE YOU BEEN SPEEDING???" The faith she has in me is staggering.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

Lol all my green friends are switching to Labour after the 'unity' deal with the LDs, turns out they remember how poo poo the LDs are.

Hope it's more than an anecdotal trend.

The line I've gone with is "the Lib Dems voted with the tories for the exact policies that caused people to vote leave in the first place, and actively called for the referendum that delivered it. Revoking won't help defuse the issue and they will continue to actively make the national divide worse."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol at the greens losing the guardian Columnist vote

https://twitter.com/zoesqwilliams/status/1192409204683923456?s=19

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i want a goddamned tube system in leeds, it's shocking that a city as big as this has such lovely public transport options, city is gettibg more and more gridlocked it's an outrage!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

gh0stpinballa posted:

i want a goddamned tube system in leeds, it's shocking that a city as big as this has such lovely public transport options, city is gettibg more and more gridlocked it's an outrage!

High five Leeds buddy. The other issue is that public transport is more expensive than keeping a loving car as well. This city is absolutely insane for any kind of transport, and its a big loving city!

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Tesseraction posted:

Knight to F6

You sunk my borrowed aircraft carrier

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

gh0stpinballa posted:

Unfortunately we don't build anything this century. Sorry bud. Move to Glasgow, enjoy the Clockwork Orange (if you live in a relatively small area near the city centre & parts of the west)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The glasgow clockwork orange sounds like secretarianism.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

VideoGames posted:

when I see the ToryStory stuff I get so incredibly angry to the point where I want to do things that would land me in prison.

I cannot, just cannot, understand the kind of living being that would allow a system to let that happen to humans. I cannot put into proper words the level of negativity that builds inside of me. It renders me inert.

loving this. It's like battery acid

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

OwlFancier posted:

If it has chocolate in I want nothing to do with it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Not sure why Jose hasn't posted this here as well yet but

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

HE LISTENED TO ME!

This is what I sent in to their policy suggestion, no need to thank me guys.

Though commiting to an improvement sounds suspiciously like still commiting to surplus I. E. Leaving money on the table

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
gently caress undergrounds it's the future, we were promised skytrains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDiCqpLUGHo

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Knight to F6

ah the Gioco Piano

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Hulk is a comrade

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Miftan posted:

High five Leeds buddy. The other issue is that public transport is more expensive than keeping a loving car as well. This city is absolutely insane for any kind of transport, and its a big loving city!

first transport has this city by the balls, dude, 18 quid for a week ticket! almost 80 quid a month to get to and from work! they won't build that metro cos then the kickbacks from the bus companies dry up, disgusting!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

gently caress undergrounds it's the future, we were promised skytrains.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDiCqpLUGHo

Why are people so allergic to just, normal trains that run on rails.

You can put them underground, overground, wombling free elevated above the ground, anywhere you want.

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling

Miftan posted:

After the Leeds tram system plan got shelved the money was kept for a programme of bus/rail travel infrastructure improvements thst sre happening across the city to be finished by Jan 2021 but honestly it's a loving bandaid. And it irks me that we're going so far with public funding to help bus companies that are gouging leeds citizens and not giving services to more remote areas.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

OwlFancier posted:

You can put them underground, overground, wombling free elevated above the ground, anywhere you want.

Because then the techbros don't get to pretend they invented something new. Also the poors might be able to afford to use a regular train, and that won't do.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

The Newcastle metro is decent move here

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

HE LISTENED TO ME!

This is what I sent in to their policy suggestion, no need to thank me guys.

Though commiting to an improvement sounds suspiciously like still commiting to surplus I. E. Leaving money on the table

Oh you renamed

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

That is running on a rail, it's just elevated so it's not using surface space, and its center of gravity is below the rail, which is convenient because it's a lot less likely to want to reorient itself.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

OwlFancier posted:

Can we stick tinfoil and a candle on it and worship it? :worship:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

OwlFancier posted:

It's in Qingdao, which already has some issues with their underground network already using up most of the space

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

Oh you renamed

Yeah, a cspam IK gave me the old name and it's remarkable how much less hostile people are to my terrible posts now that I don't look like a channer

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

That is running on a rail, it's just elevated so it's not using surface space, and its center of gravity is below the rail, which is convenient because it's a lot less likely to want to reorient itself.

Which is fair enough if it's going somewhere with no existing rail lines and doesn't want to go anywhere that isn't elevated I guess.

But otherwise people seem to spend a shitload of money reinventing the train, or the tram. Light rail works and is used everywhere and lots of people know how to build and operate them.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

The Libearian posted:

After the Leeds tram system plan got shelved the money was kept for a programme of bus/rail travel infrastructure improvements thst sre happening across the city to be finished by Jan 2021 but honestly it's a loving bandaid. And it irks me that we're going so far with public funding to help bus companies that are gouging leeds citizens and not giving services to more remote areas.

and they never miss a chance to cancel or delay services, slightest bit of rain and boom, suddenly the 33 or whatever just won't run for a few hours, what the hell they're getting subsidies anyway it's all profit

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

Oh you renamed

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah, a cspam IK gave me the old name and it's remarkable how much less hostile people are to my terrible posts now that I don't look like a channer

lmao I had been wondering who you were a rename of.

Had to check your rap sheet for a probepost that someone else quoted.

Comically enough the one I picked was you saying "this is the last time in my life I'll post about pissflaps"

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling

gh0stpinballa posted:

and they never miss a chance to cancel or delay services, slightest bit of rain and boom, suddenly the 33 or whatever just won't run for a few hours, what the hell they're getting subsidies anyway it's all profit

It's all such bollocks. Like I know it won't shift the needle even slightly but we're doing a lot of public consultations at the moment for transport strategy and I'm reccomending everyone I know use it to complain abiut money going to first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Is anyone here good with purdah stuff? I'd like to do some canvassing but I work for a London council (im at a low level in the HR dept) so I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed?