Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

told me that I was trying to "change" him and try to "feminize" him in some way.

YIKES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I can't find it, but the title is "My (36f) husband (35m) is blatantly disinterested in our kids (13f, 10f, 5f) unless they want to do something he's interested in, like video games, watching nerdy movies, etc", I tried rareddit but couldn't get it there either
e: oh, ceddit has it

I wanted to find that webcomic of the lovely parent forcing its baby to be immersed in tired old fantasy/sci fi and stumbled across this instead. https://www.amazon.com/Nerdy-Parents-Guide-Raising-Child/dp/1492660205

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Neito posted:

A lot of this is definitely a case of "Why are you with this person if you trust them so little?"

Like, if I got an out of context SMS from my SO, my first thought would be "Weird", not "She's riding someone's cock."

So if you got a text from your SO in the middle of the night talking about wanting to ride some cock that read like part of a conversation with someone else, you would have zero concerns at all. Ok.

I think it's ok to admit that there are some things which would make even the most well-adjusted and good partner suspicious of cheating. And one of them is being in a Black Mirror episode where the ridiculously contrived plot of the week was "what if a bug in the phone system was sending text messages to make people suspicious of cheating?"

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I found it.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

I [23M] just proposed to my gf [22F]. She agreed to say yes as long as I promise to buy her a nicer ring years later. Is this normal?

quote:

Sorry if I sound clueless. I've been with my gf since high school and am the first of my friends to get engaged. I don't really understand what's normal or not when it comes to this.

Gf and I have been together for 7 years now and we've been talking about marriage a lot. We've been waiting for college graduation and now that she's finally graduated I decided to propose. We both come from a really small town but now live in a larger city. We share 99% the same friends back home, and she's my best and closest friend where we live right now.

Needless to say we're not swimming in cash right now. I'm still getting my masters and doing some part-time work after classes. I could only afford a $1300 ring which I suppose is on the lower end of diamond engagement rings. However, it really was the best I could afford without dipping into money reserved for essentials like bills/food/etc.

I planned out an elaborate date night and proposed to my gf during the last event. She seemed overwhelmed and happy and I thought all was good. Maybe two days later she approaches me and tells me with teary eyes that she needs me to promise that I'll buy her a bigger ring when I start making decent money. She says she's been thinking it over and she feels like I'd be "getting her for cheap" and taking her for granted basically if I don't buy her a substantial engagement ring at some point. She tells me she doesn't expect it immediately, but if she says yes to my proposal then it means I must buy her a big ring the moment I can afford it.

I was really hurt and taken aback by this. I certainly wasn't trying to swindle her or whatever, just give her the best of what I could afford right now. Of course when I make more money I'd be more than happy to buy her nice things of my own free will, but I don't know how to feel about being made to promise I'll buy it. She asks me to promise her that the next ring will be at least 10k or above because that's how much any decent ring costs. She thinks that will be no problem because what I'm studying and the field I'm going into should get me more than enough money to afford that. I guess she's not wrong but it does feel very cold and calculated.

Tbh I don't know that much about engagement rings or diamonds so I don't know if she has a point. If I really did just give her a shoddy ring that anyone would be embarrassed to have, then I sort of get where she's coming from. But I had asked a bunch of her girlfriends before and they all said it looked beautiful and tasteful, so I don't know.

Anyways is this a normal thing for her to ask? Is this a common part of engagements when you're a broke student trying to propose? Should I wait and take some time to think about this? I don't know what to do.

edit: Lots of people asking if someone else put these ideas into her head. That's what I thought too at first but she confessed she was unhappy with the ring the moment she saw it but didn't want to spoil the moment. She said she's been looking at diamond rings since she was a little girl, so she knows everything about quality/style/price of rings which is why she decided 10k for 1.5 carats was the base type she wants (in the future). So I think she really thinks this without anyone needing to convince her.
tl;dr: I proposed to gf. She said she'll only say yes if I promise to buy her a larger one later on when I have the money. I feel weird about this. Is this a normal thing for her to ask?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I [23M] just proposed to my gf [22F]. She agreed to say yes as long as I promise to buy her a nicer ring years later. Is this normal?

lol well a few things. First run dude. Second lol at a 1.5c for 10k that might be the dumbest thing I've read today haha.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for walking away from my boyfriend over a comment he made?

My boyfriend (31M) and I (23F)

Amazing how you can tell the guy is going to be an immature douche just by reading the ages.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

the part I wanna know about is that he asked her friends who all said it was really nice, so either his girlfriend was hiding this price ceiling (and the personality you’d need to have that requirement) from everyone in her life, or her friends are all in on it

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

the part I wanna know about is that he asked her friends who all said it was really nice, so either his girlfriend was hiding this price ceiling (and the personality you’d need to have that requirement) from everyone in her life, or her friends are all in on it

I would not be surprised if this is something she's never even told her friends about

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...

"My (36f) husband (35m) is blatantly disinterested in our kids (13f, 10f, 5f) unless they want to do something he's interested in, like video games, watching nerdy movies, etc"
the good thing about climate change is i get to imagine guys like this being abandoned by their families and dying alone in the ruins of their lovely loving culture

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Lol. Don't most people in the US spend like $3000 or less on an engagement ring? Pretty sure I read that a while back. :laugh:

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

My (32M) parents (60's M/F) are insistent that my wife (31F) is driving a wedge through the family by not allowing them to spank our daughter (3F).

Ditch your lovely family and embrace your wife's family. How hard is that?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Lol. Don't most people in the US spend like $3000 or less on an engagement ring? Pretty sure I read that a while back. :laugh:
Who cares what "most people" do, she's special and deserves to be better than "most people." That's the beauty of everything wedding related. It doesn't matter what normal is. Everyone who cares that much about it sees themselves as so special that normal is out the window and the sky is the limit.

MarcusSA posted:

Second lol at a 1.5c for 10k that might be the dumbest thing I've read today haha.
I know nothing about diamond rings, is that a "lol you can get better for 10K" or "lol no way can you get 1.5c for under 10K?" A quick google search says that's a normal price.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

every time i'm reminded of nerd culture i want to take them all by the throat and yell FOR THIS YOU DESTROYED THE PLANET. FOR THIS

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i would do that to people irl if there was no chance i'd get arrested

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A wedding ring is not an investment, I shout running through the streets wearing a shirt that says "google courthouse wedding"

My (32M) parents (60's M/F) are insistent that my wife (31F) is driving a wedge through the family by not allowing them to spank our daughter (3F).

I feel bad for this dude as he cruises to a divorce because its obvious years of being beaten by his parents have made him terrified of going against them to the point where hes ok with them beating his kids.

I mean, not enough to not want his wife to find this post and just divorce him now, but you get it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Who cares what "most people" do, she's special and deserves to be better than "most people." That's the beauty of everything wedding related. It doesn't matter what normal is. Everyone who cares that much about it sees themselves as so special that normal is out the window and the sky is the limit.

I know nothing about diamond rings, is that a "lol you can get better for 10K" or "lol no way can you get 1.5c for under 10K?" A quick google search says that's a normal price.

You can get a lot better. Its probably because I am in LA but just lol at a 10k 1.5c that is way over priced.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Well I mean an iPhone and an Apple Watch cost like $1800 on average and they last for two years so expecting to spend 10X than that on something that lasts a "lifetime" and "shows how much I am loved" makes perfect sense if you are irrational about a basically worthless stone.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I can get a kid being super sensitive at that age even when it's a family member being quite gentle, but lol at the idiot mom's reaction.

I've seen another story about this from a boy who never wore deodorant until someone told him he had BO, and there's more in the reddit comments about girls whose moms never taught them to shave or get a bra... a shitload of parents just don't tell their kids basic things and get mad at them for not knowing them through osmosis or something.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
WIBTA if I were to walk out on an event I planned ?

quote:

TL;DR: Planned a secret lunch with just the guys at work. Everyone would pay their own lunches and enjoy the company. Colleague purposely tells the boss and now the boss is paying. No longer interested in having lunch.

Every year, those who work in the offices at my workplace partake in this yearly seafood festival. They offer to invite everyone but those of us who are not in the office decline because we're not fans of those types of delicacies. It's all paid for and there is booze involved but we always decline because it's held on a Thursday night and we'd still need to come in to work on Friday while those who do go get the Friday off. Like I said, it happens yearly and for those of us who don't go, we feel like as if we're getting shafted because either we say no and get left out or go and show up tired and hungover while the office workers get the day off. This is just the tip of the iceberg as to why there is a massive corporate divide between the office workers and those of us in the warehouse.

This year, we all said no again but this time, I figured it would be nice to still have something just for those of us who get left behind in all of this. So I asked the guys what they thought about the idea of having our own little special lunch event on Friday. Just the guys. We'd order whatever we wanted, sit down, eat and just enjoy each others company. Have our own little thing. No bosses involved.Everyone was on board. An event by the employees, for the employees. Everyone would pay for their own orders.

My colleague figured that it was a great idea. Such a great idea that he blabbed to the boss about what we had planned with the express purpose of coaxing company money to pay for our lunches. So just like that, this went from an event by the employees for the employees to a pity party paid for by the company.

My colleague has been working there a lot longer than I have and has always complained about every little injustice when it comes to the privileges that the office workers get regularly. So when it happened that for the first time around that the warehouse workers were finally in a position to do something about it, he goes around and happily accepts what he feels is owed to him on behalf of all of us in the form of lunch money.

The boss in question is not to blame for any of this. He offered to pay once the other one blabbed because he thought it was a good idea and sounded fair.

Now here's where I would like to be judged : WIBTA to just walk out at lunch and eat by myself and not partake in the corporate lunch out of principle ?

With my colleague purposely sabotaging this little "coup", I have lost any will to go through with this. I have been livid and boiling with anger throughout all of this but I haven't made a scene or said anything. He knows what he did, he knows how I feel about this and I'm not going to stop him or ruin it for everyone else.

LyonsLions
Oct 10, 2008

I'm only using 18% of my full power !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The comments are kind of amazing.

quote:

They are raising my niece and nephew half the time, so they expected to have my daughter half the time too, and if it weren't for my wife wanting to move away, they would have. After she was born they actually hired a lawyer and tried to sue us for partial custody of her. THAT'S how seriously they take being grandparents. So not being able to have ANY say over how my daughter's being raised is a major issue for them.

:eyepop:

quote:

I guess the crux of the issue to me is that by insisting we stand our ground my wife is de facto asking me to cut out everyone I knew before I was 28. Over a swat on the butt a few times a year. I just can't believe this has to be such a big issue...

It's just occasional child abuse from some psycho babysnatchers, why are you being so difficult?

Like this dude should be glad his wife even lets their kid be in the same state as his parents after they got lawyers involved. If my inlaws tried to sue me for custody of my children, I wouldn't even let the kids near their graves to piss on them.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

That sounds like the wedge needs to be a whoooooole lot bigger.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Power Khan posted:

That sounds like the wedge needs to be a whoooooole lot bigger.

No no, just much thinner. Holds an edge better that way.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LyonsLions posted:

The comments are kind of amazing.

:eyepop:

It's just occasional child abuse from some psycho babysnatchers, why are you being so difficult?

Like this dude should be glad his wife even lets their kid be in the same state as his parents after they got lawyers involved. If my inlaws tried to sue me for custody of my children, I wouldn't even let the kids near their graves to piss on them.

100%. This woman let her in-laws see the kids again way quicker than I would have; if it were me I wouldn’t let grandma and grandpa get any time with the kids until they were old enough to be able to dial 911 for themselves.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

quote:

Every year, those who work in the offices at my workplace partake in this yearly seafood festival. They offer to invite everyone but those of us who are not in the office decline because we're not fans of those types of delicacies.

My colleague has been working there a lot longer than I have and has always complained about every little injustice when it comes to the privileges that the office workers get regularly. So when it happened that for the first time around that the warehouse workers were finally in a position to do something about it, he goes around and happily accepts what he feels is owed to him on behalf of all of us in the form of lunch money.

I'm honestly kind of fascinated by the disdain blue collar workers have for white collar workers in mixed work environments that doesn't go both ways. I have a blue collar friend that turned down an office job that would been a huge promotion because he didn't want to be "one of them" and has struggled ever since throwing out all the goodwill he had earned.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I'll just bet I know what constitutes 'acting up' to these people.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
my (21f) boyfriend (21m) won't stop sleeptalking about brexit and it's driving me insane!!
so my boyfriend has always been talking in his sleep, but recently it has become a problem. not only has it become more frequent, but also a lot louder and clearer.

and it is pretty much always about one thing: brexit and more specifically boris johnson.

he usually falls asleep before me and will start saying his name over and over. he has his eyes open while he does this btw, i know because i left on the fairy lights one night.

it's super creepy (he talks in this voice that sounds VERY awake) and keeps me up many nights. i'm becoming very sleep deprived and i'm thinking to tell him to move out...

what do you guys think? how can i solve this? I've talked to him about this, but of course he doesn't have any memory of this or control over it. we agreed to record him one night so he could hear it himself and when we played back the CONSTANT boris johnson chanting he just laughed it off. of course he doesn't think it's a problem if he's not the one not getting any sleep...

TLDR: bf dreams of boris johnson and chants his name every night in his sleep and keeps me up.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Somebody found the business hole

Husband loves to suck others guys in public toilets.
nsfw
Throwaway due to the sheer embarrassment.

There's a lot in my head right now but I'm going to try and get straight to the point.

Married for 14 years, 4 children 12 (my step son), 11, 9 and 5. I quit my jab as a criminal defence lawyer when our second was born. I have been stay at home ever since (5 years). I teach part time at the local college to keep my brain engaged beyond homework help.

My husband left is laptop screen open when he went to the grocery store. His laptop was logged into a gay dating website where men post the location of various 'gay cruising' public toilets. My husbands username is very explicit, he has posted in several of the listings of the local public toilets in our area. It looks like he has met several men in these toilets. His stated preferences are:

- To suck

- To be forcibly bent over

- Bareback

- Submissive

His private message inbox is the most shocking thing I've ever seen.

This happened two days ago, I got I my car and collected the kids from school and took them to my mothers house. I am now by myself in a hotel a few miles away. I bought as many over the counter pain pills as I could while on the way here. I have since thrown them in the bin in the hotel. I am still in my hotel, my mum keeps calling but I keep texting her telling her to look after the kids. I don't answer the phone of respond to my husband. I told my mum to not let him have the kids and if he does anything that she must call the police.

I haven't handled this well. I don't know what to do next. I'm totally hosed. Even if I divorce him, how could I live on a split of his income? We live in a very nice area, I'd have to move or whatever. I can't even think about any of this right now.

I turned to Reddit because I use the step parents sub a lot, there's no way I can tell my friends about this. I don't know want I want from this post. Maybe to hear from someone that things can turn out alright.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My boyfriend’s (25) family excommunicated him for going to see his gay twin sister
He encouraged me to share our story with you guys for advice so here we go:

My boyfriend comes from a big family. He has two twin sisters, a brother (20s) and a sister (teens). A few years ago, one of his twin sisters, “Lisa” , came out as gay, after she met a great woman from a great family who is amazing to her son. They are in love and are still together. Because my boyfriend’s family is extremely conservative, they were not ok with it and pretty much banned her from their family. This was probably around five years ago.

Lisa had been struggling with health issues this year, my boyfriend and I got really worried so we decided to go see her (she lives out of state). We told his family ahead of time, they were not ok with it but we went anyways because it’s his TWIN sister and she has no one else in the family.

After we came back, they completely excommunicated us as well. His mom said some of the most evil stuff I have heard a mother say to a son, like saying he was an awful son and she never loved him, etc. My heart truly breaks for my boyfriend. His mom is also a huge narcissist and made sure everyone in the family is against him as well, or at least too scared of her to talk to him. My boyfriend’s dad is the only one who thinks this is ridiculous as well but he has no backbone and literally has to sneak away to either see him or talk to him for a couple of minutes. This is his own son we’re talking about.

Everyone says his mom is just waiting on him to apologize and once he does, everything will be better, but neither him nor I think he should apologize because he did nothing wrong and it would just be giving in to and reinforcing his mother’s toxic behavior.

I think it is awful how a family can treat their own like that, and it breaks my heart to watch my boyfriend suffer because of it. He is an amazing, loving, and kind person and does absolutely not deserve to be treated like this. He misses his family a lot and I am trying my best to support him. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you in advance

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Power Khan posted:

my (21f) boyfriend (21m) won't stop sleeptalking about brexit and it's driving me insane!!

Obtain a gun, give it to him when he falls asleep and tell him he knows what he has to do.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Power Khan posted:

so my boyfriend has always been talking in his sleep, but recently it has become a problem. not only has it become more frequent, but also a lot louder and clearer.

and it is pretty much always about one thing: brexit and more specifically boris johnson.

he usually falls asleep before me and will start saying his name over and over. he has his eyes open while he does this btw, i know because i left on the fairy lights one night.

it's super creepy (he talks in this voice that sounds VERY awake) and keeps me up many nights. i'm becoming very sleep deprived and i'm thinking to tell him to move out...

what do you guys think? how can i solve this? I've talked to him about this, but of course he doesn't have any memory of this or control over it. we agreed to record him one night so he could hear it himself and when we played back the CONSTANT boris johnson chanting he just laughed it off. of course he doesn't think it's a problem if he's not the one not getting any sleep...

TLDR: bf dreams of boris johnson and chants his name every night in his sleep and keeps me up.

I’ve read this three times and the fact that she doesn’t say if he’s saying good or bad things about Boris is killing me

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Power Khan posted:

My boyfriend’s (25) family excommunicated him for going to see his gay twin sister
He encouraged me to share our story with you guys for advice so here we go:

My boyfriend comes from a big family. He has two twin sisters, a brother (20s) and a sister (teens).

Does this mean he's a triplet?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Dear Prudence,

quote:

My mother-in-law has always doted on our 3-year-old daughter. She has beautiful blond hair, and my mother-in-law loves to brush it, braid it, and dress my daughter up like a doll so she can stage photographs. I always thought this was borderline ridiculous, but my wife doesn’t have a problem with it. Recently my daughter was playing with my sister’s kids and ended up getting a massive amount of gum in her hair. Kids are kids. My sister apologized and paid for the haircut when we couldn’t get all the gum out. My daughter has a pixie cut now. My wife was upset, but her mother turned on the waterworks—actual sobbing over a kid’s haircut. She upset my daughter so much that she started crying too.

My wife kept apologizing, her mother kept up the hysterics, and I told my mother-in-law she needed to get a grip and that hair grows back. My mother-in-law snapped at me and then used a racial slur to describe my nephews (they’re biracial). I told her to leave my house. She apologized later. My wife has a hard time maintaining boundaries with her mom because the woman is a bulldozer. I want these photo shoots over, and I don’t want her to have unsupervised contact with our daughter. My wife thinks I am being too harsh. Am I? I would usually ask my family for advice, but I obviously can’t in this situation.
—Hair-Trigger Grandma

I’m struggling to imagine what about your response could possibly be considered harsh. This woman reduced a little girl to tears because she was incapable of restraining her own totally disproportionate response to a haircut. Worse, she called your nephews—children—racial slurs because they happened to be playing with your daughter when she got gum in her hair, a totally anodyne and common childhood mishap. That’s absolutely horrifying, and an apology is just the first step toward recovering from this. You don’t (and shouldn’t) quickly unhear that sort of language, especially when it’s directed at some of the youngest and most defenseless members of your family. Growing up with this woman as her mother must have been demoralizing, and I can understand why your wife feels exhausted and defeatist at the thought of telling her mother no and really sticking by it. But you can extend sympathy and compassion for your wife’s experience without denying reality or pretending that this (very reasonable) boundary is in any way harsh. You two might consider seeing a couples counselor for a few sessions over this, and if your wife’s open to the idea, it might help her to see someone on her own to talk about her relationship with her mom.

But your strategy works in a way your wife’s doesn’t. When she kept apologizing to her mother for something she had no reason to apologize for in the first place, her mother only got more hysterical and convinced of the rightness of her grievance. When you told her to get out of the house—and you backed that up with action—you actually got an apology. Your mother-in-law will respond to consequences in a way I don’t think she’ll ever respond to attempts to placate her. I imagine she will continue to find ways to make herself unpleasant when she doesn’t get what she wants and to save the worst of her emotional manipulations for your wife, so the two of you should talk about how to handle her as a team. How can you support your wife when she has a hard time saying no? What scripts can she rehearse with you so she feels ready to deliver them to her mother? At what point will she feel prepared to end a conversation with her mother that’s become combative and unproductive? How is she going to handle that panicked voice inside her mind that screams “Call it off! Just apologize and give her what she wants so she leaves us alone!” every time your mother-in-law complains of “harsh” (read: reasonable) treatment? If you don’t nip this in the bud now, I guarantee you’re going to have to do it in the future. These photo shoots were way beyond taking a couple of fun pictures of grandma-and-granddaughter time—they were obsessive, creepy, and a perfect display of the way your mother-in-law wants to trample over other people’s boundaries. You’re right to stop them.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

You sweet summer schmuck.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

I can't find it, but the title is "My (36f) husband (35m) is blatantly disinterested in our kids (13f, 10f, 5f) unless they want to do something he's interested in, like video games, watching nerdy movies, etc", I tried rareddit but couldn't get it there either
e: oh, ceddit has it

Welp, speaking of autism. Yet another perfect example.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Pirate Radar posted:

I’ve read this three times and the fact that she doesn’t say if he’s saying good or bad things about Boris is killing me

*sleep chanting*

boris, boris, boris
Boris, Boris, Boris
BORIS, BORIS, BORIS

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Power Khan posted:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Inceltown posted:

*sleep chanting*

boris, boris, boris
Boris, Boris, Boris
BORIS, BORIS, BORIS

boris, Boris, BORIS, BORIS

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My new friend has some odd behavior at times. Including acting overtly gay. Do you think he's actually gay or just an oddball?

quote:

Hello, so in the past couple weeks, there's this guy. He's a friend of a friend. I hang out with him sometimes. But he seems to have, like, mood swings. Some days he's really mopey. He'll just sit at his desk with his head down, sometimes he falls asleep.

But other days, he's very energetic. It's fun sometimes, but some of his behaviors on his energetic days have me concerned. He just says and does things that are...odd.

He tends to be a little obsessive about certain things. He'll talk endlessly about games he's played or some movie he saw. Then, he got this mask. A cheap plastic halloween mask of a sheep and this shirt of the same thing, he treated them like they were the coolest thing. Whenever the teacher was out, he'd put it on. At lunch he wanted to put it on and scare the other kids outside. He brought it to school every day, wore the shirt for about 3 days straight.

One day, i saw him getting bullied. But, he was, you know...smiling and laughing the whole time. Like it was a joke. But i know the bully, he doesn't joke about these things. He's a real bully. Speaking of the bully, he had this wrestling game when i went to his house. He created the bully and was beating him up in the game. I asked why, he said there was no better alternative to deal with it.

There was this girl, he talked about her to the point of obsession. It's all he talked about for a week.

I caught him doing the Naruto run down the hallway, once.

Oh, and a few days ago, he came over for this assignment. He couldn't sit still to save his life. Couldn't focus at all. And, as soon he got to my house, i told him about my parent's rule for no shoes on the carpet. He said "I didn't know you were Japanese". Which, we aren't. And he put his shoes on a table. Not the floor, but a table. Then, my weenie dog started to bark at him, like she does all company. He literally got on all four's and started barking back at her. Thank God, my parents didn't see.

Anyway, afterwards, my dad was watching UFC. One of the matches had a triangle choke. He ssaid "Oh that looks fun. Wanna try it?", i said no and every day since then, he always asks "Can i put you in that chokehold".

That's another thing, i think he might be gay. He seems very, like, hands on. Always wanting to put his arm around other people's shoulder or touching their hair. Just guys though, never girls. Sometimes he'll talk in kind of a lisp. "Oh, that's soooo fabulous". He says it anytime something cool happens.

We played badminton in gym class once and he just smacked another boy on the butt with the paddle. Why? No idea. And in the locker room, even after he changes, he just kinda sits on the bench and looks around for a few minutes.

And, he even asked to sit on my lap a few times, as a joke.

But yeah, he seemingly has endless energy. He got in trouble by one of the teachers, and she just kept lecturing him. He cracked a smile the whole time. Made a joke about the vein popping in her head.

Like, nothing gets him down...when he's in an energetic mood at least. He's unpredictable, never violent but he has some bad habits. He's never hurt anyone or anything. I just wonder if i should be worried about his behavior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Mordiceius posted:

My new friend has some odd behavior at times. Including acting overtly gay. Do you think he's actually gay or just an oddball?

quote:

We played badminton in gym

You're both gay, own it.