Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

LethalGeek posted:

I can't tell if that last story about the racist family is a repeat or they all have a similar tone like estranged parents.

probably because they're all made up by white racists trying to manufacture a 'see, white people are discriminated against too' anecdote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

carry on then posted:

probably because they're all made up by white racists trying to manufacture a 'see, white people are discriminated against too' anecdote

Do... do you think only white people can feel superior about race?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

It’s always interesting to see someone run into the levels of racism that fly around Asia for the first time. That poo poo is fierce.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Update: Husband loves to suck guys in public toilets

quote:

Brief update: spoke to him on the phone as he left home yesterday evening (Australia time). He said he's leaving me and wants me to take care of the kids full time until he's in a position to do 50/50 custody.

Quick note to anyone else who thinks about taking the kids away from their parter with no notice (because many people accused me of kidnapping). Any parent can take their kids anywhere they want at any time. This is not kidnapping.

It's quite difficult to kidnap your own children from a legal perspective unless you violate a specific court order. I used my parental rights fully in line with the law. My kids are still at my parents house as of Saturday morning (Australia time). Their father has every right to take them if he wants just as I have every right to leave them there if I want. Telling me that I kidnapped my kids is stupid. Telling me they MUST be at school on Monday no matter what is absolutely wrong.

Do not take any legal advice from people in this sub.

Big thanks to the DM's and some of the nice comments. Screw everyone else that are more worried about him being gay and my children staying with their much loved Grandparents.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

VanSandman posted:

Why are you replying to carry on then as though they were a real person and not a markov bot trained on a particularly stupid tumblr?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
girlfriends says i smell like cum after i been using it on my face to clean acne an we never had sex before or have i came on her face so how does she know

quote:

girlfriends says i smell like cum after i been using it on my face to clean acne an we never had sex before or have i came on her face so how does she know what cum smells like has she had sex or cheating in me

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

chemtrail huffer posted:

Sounds like a great way to get constantly harassed by the cop friend and his buddies until she's forced to move away.

Yup. Cops will literally cover up planting evidence and straight-up murder for each other but yeah, they'll totally fire one for looking up a plate.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Pinecone Sample posted:

girlfriends says i smell like cum after i been using it on my face to clean acne an we never had sex before or have i came on her face so how does she know

OP's entire post is exactly 50 words, which is an amazing coincidence because I have that exactly that many questions after reading it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Anne Whateley posted:

If only there were a paragraph that explained exactly what happened. Maybe it could be placed directly above your post

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Known Lecher posted:

OP's entire post is exactly 50 words, which is an amazing coincidence because I have that exactly that many questions after reading it
He misunderstood the term "facial treatments"

*boy runs up tired. Out of breath. White crusty streaks down his face*

Sorry, skin care regimen you know.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm really glad Gen Z are asking the Big Questions.

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Dienes posted:

Yup. Cops will literally cover up planting evidence and straight-up murder for each other but yeah, they'll totally fire one for looking up a plate.

Also the op is in Indiana and as a Hoosier :lol: at the idea the cops here will care enough to look into it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

FilthyImp posted:

He misunderstood the term "facial treatments"

*boy runs up tired. Out of breath. White crusty streaks down his face*

Sorry, skin care regimen you know.

It literally used to be a joke back in the old days that it was "good for your skin" for reasons you can probably guess.

Dipshit thought it was serious :ughh:

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dienes posted:

IAB is an independent organization that doesn't give a poo poo about individual cops on the job, so it is likely that whichever cop ran the plates will get investigated and then sanctioned or fired for it. Plus IAB officers look good as hell when they catch cops red-handed because it's their job. But it's equally likely that OP's local PD will harass them forever if they call it in though, so yeah, never do this. ACAB AF

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 9, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA For changing my shirt in my seat on a flight?

Recently I was on a 11 hour flight, and since I'm normally crazy cold on planes, I'd layered my outfit. I ended up being too hot, so during the flight I decided to change my shirt to one I had in my backpack. The bathrooms were full with lines, one of the people next to me was sleeping, so it didn't seem worth it to wake him up, stand in line, just to do something that will take five seconds. I was wearing a bra.

The changing took around 10 seconds and my seatmate who was awake didn't even blink. However, the lady across the aisle leaned over to chide me about getting naked on a plane and threatened to call the flight attendant. I ignored her, other than rolling my eyes at her, and didn't think much about it. She might have actually called the attendent, I don't know since no one said anything to me, but I still don't think it was rear end in a top hat behavior. But I'm open to being wrong!

Edit: Since it's come up a few times, no this wasn't in America or a similarly body-conservative country, I was wearing a long sleeved shirt originally, I turned my back to any viewing area since I was seated in the window so at most anyone could have seen my back and my bra strap, I didn't ask my seatmates because one was asleep and the other we'd already spoken about a similar topic so I was sure she wouldn't mind, and the lady was in the middle seat across the aisle. I also would have gotten up, but most people were sleeping, almost everyone around us minus the people in the story.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for calling the police on my kid?

quote:

Daughter is 16. Her mom and I are divorced.
Daughter has been caught smoking pot several times from the age of 14. Her mom and I have collectively punished her several times for this. The last time we caught her, I started drug testing her. Her mom doesn’t agree with it, but we have caught her so many times now that I think this is the best way to prevent her from doing it.

I don‘t normally go through her room, but the router for the house is in there, and I needed to reset it. When I go into her room, I found a mushroom cap on black paper hidden underneath her desk. I look up what the hell it is and it is a spore print for magic mushrooms. I go through her room further to find an entire drat aqarium filled with mushrooms in the back of her closet. obviously I am enraged, so I wait for her to get back from school, and I called the police. She was arrested, booked and released into her mother’s custody.

Her mother is pissed, and saying that I may have ruined the kids life for no reason, but we have tried to correct her drug abuse several times to no avail, and it has escalated. She now has a court date and can answer to the law since she doesn’t take the rules in my house seriously. I doubt she’ll get more than probation anyway.

My parents are also pissed though, saying that this could have been handled inside the home, and that’s why I’m here. I’m wondering if I over reacted and would like a more impartial judgment.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for asking my boyfriend not to hang out with his friend alone?

Title sounds bad, but hear me out. I have been dating "John" for almost a year. The first 8 months was long distance. He lives in my home state of California and I lived out of state. I recently moved back to California, mainly to be with family, but also because John and I see a future together.

John has a friend "Gina" who he has been close with for a couple years. Before I came along, they would hang out on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, Gina has had issues with our relationship. Instead of a wall of text, I'll break down things she's done that led me to ask John not to hang out with her one on one.

A few weeks after John and I started dating, he invited me to a friend's home for a dinner party. Gina was also there, but avoided John and me until he finally told her to please come say hi. He introduced me and instead of acknowledging me, she spoon fed him a piece of cake she was eating and asked him if he liked it. John then introduced me again and she finally said hi. John said she'd never done anything like that before.

The day after, John asked Gina if he could bring me to a dinner she was planning for a mutual friend of theirs. She initially said yes, so he invited me. A few hours later, Gina told him that there wouldn't be an open seat for me and that she couldn't change the reservation to add one more. John went without me which was fine. After the dinner, Gina told him she had feelings for him. She said she never said anything before because she didn't think she was his type. But when she saw me (Gina and I actually look a bit similar), she thought she might have a chance. He let her down gently.

A few weeks later, John casually mentioned that Gina asked him not to mention my name or even talk about me in her presence because she didn't like to be reminded that he was in a relationship. He agreed to not talk about me.

A few weeks after that, John's car broke down and Gina offered to pick him up. John told me that he made a joke that his car always seems to break down when I come into town. Gina got upset and told him that it hurts her to hear him talk about me and that she's not happy about our relationship, so she needs time away from him.

A few weeks after that, she calls him to hang out and asks him to pretend their previous conversation didn't happen, but to please continue with the whole "don't talk about your girlfriend" thing. That lasted a few weeks until he finally understood that that was disrespectful. He told her this and she agreed to stop because she didn't want to lose his friendship.

Fast forward a couple months - I moved back to California and told John that I didn't want him to hang out with Gina alone anymore. Since they're in the same circle of friends, I don't mind them hanging out in groups. Honestly, I wouldn't put it past her to keep trying to undermine my relationship so, AITA?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I [31M] entered into to an open relationship with my fiancé [24F] with the agreement that we wouldn’t look for serious relationships. Now she wants the girl she’s been seeing to be her girlfriend

quote:

This is a long one and I’m not sure where to start. She’s always been more physically attracted to women, and has had girlfriends in the past.

Two months ago I found out she had been cheating on me with someone she met from work. She had asked me previously if I would be okay with it, I said no, and then she rebelled and did it anyway. I found out, I screamed, we both cried, she was obviously very sorry and felt extremely bad for hurting me. We eventually discussed having an open relationship because I felt like I was holding an important part of her identity back. The agreement was she could see girls and I was also free to do what I want, but we would not look for serious relationships.

She meets a new girl on tinder and eventually starts hanging out with her once a week. Every week something would happen that I felt crossed a line, we would have an emotional discussion about it and make up, and then the next week there would be a new wrinkle to her actions that made me uncomfortable. She was spending too much time taking to her and beginning to neglect me, and I kept asking her if she considers this girl her girlfriend and she always said no.

Now let’s go one level deeper. She’s an active alcoholic. She began relapsing in April after having a miscarriage. It’s only been a year since the last time she was in rehab. Yesterday morning after she got home from seeing this girl again, having lied about where she was, I couldn’t wake her up to go to work. I called her mom because I was at the end of my rope and we had an intervention. She agreed to go to rehab and I told her I’m not comfortable with her seeing this girl again. I finally got her to admit that she wants to be her girlfriend and she feels emotionally polyamorous. She still wants to marry me and spend the rest of her life with me but she feels she has room in her heart for other people as well.

After I went to work yesterday she told me she won’t be around when I get home. She said she was seeing friends from work but I discovered that Snapchat shows a persons location information every time they log on and she was in this girls town all night. I called her at 3 in the morning and she said she wasn’t coming home that night and she doesn’t want to talk to me. She won’t be home until right before I have to go to work today and this was our last chance to spend any time together before she goes to rehab tomorrow.

It seems that what she’s actually angry about, at least right now, is that I spent a couple hours at her sisters and her sisters fiancé’s house last night after I went there to pick up our son (yes, we also have an 18 month old son on top of all this.) So she thinks everyone is ganging up on her and taking my side.

I don’t know how much of her relationship with this girl has to do with her non-sober state of mind. She craves love and validation from wherever she can get it and she’s able to lie to this girl and make her believe whatever she wants. The girl isn’t physically attractive in any way so she’s someone who will fawn over her and treat her like a super model. She’s in a shame spiral and she knows everything she’s been doing is wrong, but she keeps doing it. She hasn’t been going to regular AA meetings because her brain is telling her that if she gets help she won’t be able to continue drinking.

I don’t know how to feel anymore. I don’t know if I have it in my heart to share her with someone else but I also don’t feel I can let her go. She has a very tragic past that has caused a lot of problems in her mental well being and I believe having someone like me in her life is exactly what she needs. I know when she comes out of rehab she’ll have transformed in to the beautiful amazing person who came out of rehab last year. I know while she’s there she’ll stop being angry at me and she’ll be filled with regret for all the things she’s done. But right now it’s hard. Tomorrow she’s going to leave and we might still be on bad terms, and I’ll have to wait an entire month alone to find out where our relationship stands in the end.

TL;DR: My fiancé and I entered in to an open relationship and she overstepped my boundaries and got to close to a girl. I believe her actions have much to do with being a relapsing alcoholic

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Update: Husband loves to suck guys in public toilets

Pretty loving telling how terrible reddit is when the person who was literally being cheated on, who has multiple kids, is telling them to gently caress off with the gay shaming.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Pinecone Sample posted:

I [31M] entered into to an open relationship with my fiancé [24F] with the agreement that we wouldn’t look for serious relationships. Now she wants the girl she’s been seeing to be her girlfriend

I know when she comes out of rehab she’ll have transformed in to the beautiful amazing person who came out of rehab last year. I know while she’s there she’ll stop being angry at me and she’ll be filled with regret for all the things she’s done.

Oof

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Pinecone Sample posted:

I hope your entire family disowns you after you've set up your own daughter for a felony conviction over some shrooms.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Again, read the last paragraph.

Someone suggesting you work at McDonalds is never someone who genuinely wants to help you.

And old people generally don't understand mental illness, let alone disability. Someone who can't understand depression is not going to have anything resembling a useful understanding of mental retardation, and if they genuinely think their kid is brain damaged they should be getting them medical help.

You should work at McDonald’s

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pinecone Sample posted:

This dude is total garbage and I hope he gets fired into the sun and his family never speaks to him again.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pinecone Sample posted:

Jesus. I could understand if it was like, heroin, and the culmination of a lot of chances that just weren’t working. Sometimes that arrest finally gets some people to turn it around.

But mushrooms? What the gently caress?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pinecone Sample posted:

You know how sometimes a color is so strong when looking at it you get an additional sensory effect, like a strange taste or smell?

I can smell the tuna casserole coming off this post.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Jesus. I could understand if it was like, heroin, and the culmination of a lot of chances that just weren’t working. Sometimes that arrest finally gets some people to turn it around.

But mushrooms? What the gently caress?

No, do not get people arrested for (potentially) felony possession on purpose, you are just adding another turbofucking ontop of their existing issues.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Parents put a child lock on my (22M) laptop
My parents were always a bit overbearing or strict growing up. Nothing so ridiculously out of the ordinary. They are pretty religious and overprotective but it's not like I wasnt allowed to leave the house or anything. That being said, I had a good relationship with them.

We would have arguments and disagreements a lot but it never truly hurt our overall relationship. However, a few months ago my mom discovered online porn (she almost never uses computers or anything). She didnt know it was so prevalent and she found out my dad (58M) used it sometimes. One day she asked me if I ever watched and I was really weirded out but I said sometimes.

She then told me how porn is a drug and ruins lives. She also had told me things like 3 drinks of alcohol in one night is deadly, to never have more than 2. So I kinda just listened to what she said and moved on with my day. Was a weird conversation but I didnt think a bunch about it.

However, she installed a child lock on my computer without my permission. There is one on my dads as well but my dad gave her permission for that. When I confront them my mom says it is not negotiable. And my dad sides with her.

I wanna say, I dont give a drat about porn. It could stop existing I wouldnt care. I'm not mad that I cannot watch porn. I am mad that they invade my privacy without consent. I am mad that they leave no room to discuss this with me.

I probably should've mentioned this sooner, but I just graduated college and live with them until I find good enough work to move out. So I am 22 years old but I temporarily live in my parents house. Also, the laptop is 100% mine. I'm the only one who ever uses it.

Anyway, I have this child lock which I told them is a invasion of privacy and trust. It prevents me from watching porn as well as netflix, a lot of youtube videos and a lot of random websites that the program just detects as 'adult'. After weeks of talking/arguing about it, my relationship with my parents has kinda gone to poo poo. Everytime we talk it leads to an argument and now I kind of avoid conversations. My mom and dad are super family oriented and want to spend time with me and talk but I really do not want to. At the same time, I feel bad telling them to f*** off, obviously. So I kind of just act cold and go to a friends house a lot.

When I told my mom that this child lock is causing my relationship with her to go to poo poo and I cant be comfortable in my own house, she says it's worth it. She says it's not negotiable just the same way she wouldnt let me do heroin.

So now, I can just continue living anxiously and uncomfortable untill I find a job and move out (my guess this would be about half a year give or take). But I dont want to just leave it at that. I want to try to fix my relationship in some way with them. I dont want to just cut them out completely but I honestly cant stand being with them knowing they violated my trust and are totally unapologetic about it. Saying I would thank them later on.

Idk what to do.

quote:

Just to be an rear end I'd lock the family fridge at 8pm while telling her that obesity is such a huge crisis in the world you are just looking out for your families well being. If she tries to say well we can control what we eat id just follow up with that the potential to give in to your weakness is too much of a burden for them and that you just want to show how much you care and that it's not up for negotiation. If they argue that it's their fridge and they paid for it I'd follow up with an "exactly! Now unlock the computer that I paid for!." Parents can give advice until they turn blue but nobody will learn how to survive on their own if they wont give up control.

ScentOfAnOtaku
Aug 25, 2006

I have no control, I just keep eating, and eating.

Power Khan posted:

My parents were always a bit overbearing or strict growing up. Nothing so ridiculously out of the ordinary. They are pretty religious and overprotective but it's not like I wasnt allowed to leave the house or anything. That being said, I had a good relationship with them.

We would have arguments and disagreements a lot but it never truly hurt our overall relationship.

And what a relationship it was. Boy, I hope you can get back to it soon, it sounds like a great time.

EDIT: Though I know it just sounds bad, I get what they're saying, but when you say that as a positive you were allowed to leave the house, great, one step above kidnapping victim.

ScentOfAnOtaku fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 9, 2019

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
My (32M) wife (28F) has been cheating on me with a co-worker. Wants forgiveness but didn't stop until I found out. Should I forgive?
Infidelity
My wife had been having booty calls with her friend for some time now. Her constant hiding of messages and closing her laptop when I am around made me suspicious, so I snooped. She has agreed that she has been unfaithful but wants to save our marriage. I was ready to give her a second chance but then I realized she cheated on me multiple times and if I hadn't found out, that she might have kept going. On top of that she hasn't unfriended d guy yet and assures me she will, but wants to 'process' everything. I asked her to think it over what/who she really wants? But now I am having second thoughts because If she wasn't going to end it until I caught her, is it really worth giving her a second chance. It is not like she cheated once and came back to me for forgiveness; she kept on going. Advice please?

Tl;dr - should I forgive my wife who kept on with her affair until I caught her, says was going to end.

Edit: Thank you for all your comments. She said she loved him in a certain way but she also loves me. She said that the only reason she hasn't unfriended him because she doesn't want to ghost him, but she will unfriend him by calling him and letting him know that she won't see him anymore because she wants to work on our marriage. A little background, she was my first girlfriend and we got married fast because my Visa was expiring and she and I both wanted to stay together. Funny thing is, that I probably won't stay here anyways if this ends. She didn't had much friends when I met her and I was lonely. We found solace in each other's arms and got married. We stopped working at the same place, I moved on to a better job and she stayed back at the unhappy job where she met this guy. It is true that we don't have a lot of shared interests, but I tried to be a good husband and tried to do things with her even though doesn't always do things with me. I am sorry I didn't give much details before, I was very stressed.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Power Khan posted:

Tell me there's a comment outlining how simple this is to fix with a thumb drive.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Power Khan posted:

We would have arguments and disagreements a lot but it never truly hurt our overall relationship. However, a few months ago my mom discovered online porn (she almost never uses computers or anything). She didnt know it was so prevalent and she found out my dad (58M) used it sometimes. One day she asked me if I ever watched and I was really weirded out but I said sometimes.

She then told me how porn is a drug and ruins lives. She also had told me things like 3 drinks of alcohol in one night is deadly, to never have more than 2. So I kinda just listened to what she said and moved on with my day. Was a weird conversation but I didnt think a bunch about it.

However, she installed a child lock on my computer without my permission. There is one on my dads as well but my dad gave her permission for that. When I confront them my mom says it is not negotiable. And my dad sides with her.

I wanna say, I dont give a drat about porn. It could stop existing I wouldnt care. I'm not mad that I cannot watch porn. I am mad that they invade my privacy without consent. I am mad that they leave no room to discuss this with me.

I probably should've mentioned this sooner, but I just graduated college and live with them until I find good enough work to move out. So I am 22 years old but I temporarily live in my parents house. Also, the laptop is 100% mine. I'm the only one who ever uses it.

Anyway, I have this child lock which I told them is a invasion of privacy and trust. It prevents me from watching porn as well as netflix, a lot of youtube videos and a lot of random websites that the program just detects as 'adult'. After weeks of talking/arguing about it, my relationship with my parents has kinda gone to poo poo. Everytime we talk it leads to an argument and now I kind of avoid conversations. My mom and dad are super family oriented and want to spend time with me and talk but I really do not want to. At the same time, I feel bad telling them to f*** off, obviously. So I kind of just act cold and go to a friends house a lot.

When I told my mom that this child lock is causing my relationship with her to go to poo poo and I cant be comfortable in my own house, she says it's worth it. She says it's not negotiable just the same way she wouldnt let me do heroin.

So now, I can just continue living anxiously and uncomfortable untill I find a job and move out (my guess this would be about half a year give or take). But I dont want to just leave it at that. I want to try to fix my relationship in some way with them. I dont want to just cut them out completely but I honestly cant stand being with them knowing they violated my trust and are totally unapologetic about it. Saying I would thank them later on.

Idk what to do.

I want to know how a 60yo put a child lock on a laptop that a 22yo can't remove.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dienes posted:

I want to know how a 60yo put a child lock on a laptop that a 22yo can't remove.

He sounds like he always followed all their rules and never developed a good skill set of sneaky poo poo to get around them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He sounds like he always followed all their rules and never developed a good skill set of sneaky poo poo to get around them.

That still doesn’t add up.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
If someone put a loving lock on any of my property, laptop or desktop computer included, I would simply go out and buy bolt cutters to deal with the issue. Some may say that computer locks aren't "real" locks and are just a colloquial expression, but they are wrong. Through intense meditation while hooked up to a car battery you can learn how to interact with the electron ghost that is your operating system. You will learn where the shackles are holding it down and you will learn how to manifest your bolt cutters into that world, freeing the ghost from its unjust captivity.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Admiral Ray posted:

If someone put a loving lock on any of my property, laptop or desktop computer included, I would simply go out and buy bolt cutters to deal with the issue. Some may say that computer locks aren't "real" locks and are just a colloquial expression, but they are wrong. Through intense meditation while hooked up to a car battery you can learn how to interact with the electron ghost that is your operating system. You will learn where the shackles are holding it down and you will learn how to manifest your bolt cutters into that world, freeing the ghost from its unjust captivity.

You can download a pair of bolt cutters. They're just called bootable disc management utilities so your crazy parents won't hot glue your USB ports first.

Not to go full YOSPOS, but I'd bet my beer money that it's remote accessible and logs all activity too, including keystrokes.

Clitch fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 9, 2019

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my husband that I regret marrying him and I'm only staying for our child?

I started dating my current husband because he was always very kind to me. I had issues picking men (still do) so I thought he was a good choice. I was shocked to get pregnant, the pill failed me. My hormones and denial convinced me everything would be fine.

The pregnancy was okay. The baby has always been sickly. Bad genes run in both of our families. The baby mostly has asthma, diabetes, and some allergies now, but they will probably discover other hereditary illnesses as they get older. I considered this while pregnant and my hormones told me it was also fine. I will not be getting pregnant again.

My husband, however, is easily the stupidest person alive. He cannot be trusted with our child's care. He has a caretaking job (not children) that he's always valued over anything else. He's endangered the baby before by putting them next to untrained shelter dogs for a "cute photo op", never remembers medical routines, and thinks I "overmedicate".

I had to go on a 2.5 day business trip out of state. I had to, I'd been avoiding it but it wasn't possible anymore. I grilled him on everything related to our child's care. I made cheat sheets. I left my notebooks. I thought, maybe he can keep them alive for 48 hours without me. Everyone said I worry too much, fathers are perfectly capable! Of course some fathers are capable just as some mothers are incapable. This one isn't. But I can't make a single good decision, so I left.

The morning of the day I was coming home, I get a PANICKED call. The baby had been "fine all day" but had an attack at night. Stupid thought he should not use the inhaler (why) and when he finally did, he did it wrong so it did nothing. The baby was admitted to the hospital with a severe asthma attack and fluctuating sugars, because of COURSE he thought I was using too much insulin and it was "too strong" for the baby. CPS was involved because it's considered neglect to let diagnosed asthma get this bad. Their FINGERNAILS WERE BLUE.

I rushed home as soon as possible. The baby is still in the hospital as of today. We've been dealing with CPS, where we now have an open case and an in home safety plan. He now isn't allowed to be alone with our child or be the one with medical care responsibility.

It's been pretty tense here. We had a pretty bad argument last night where I screamed at him that he was the worst mistake I've ever made, he's the stupidest person I've ever met, and I'm only staying at this point because I'd like our child to SEE their 18th birthday. While I could probably get primary custody, he'd still get some visitation, and that could honestly be fatal. It only took 48 hours for a life threatening hospital visit.

AITA?

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for chugging milk before going to bed, although I am lactose intolerant?

quote:

Throwaway because milk. So my boyfriend and I were about to go to bed together (not in a sexual way or anything silly like that), but I had pure insomnia before going to bed. So, my boyfriend suggests drinking milk before going to bed. I refuse and tell him that I am lactose intolerant. He pinkie-promises me that he would not judge me if I fart in bed or anything like that. I accept and chug the milk, because not only was I really thirsty, but I also was tired and couldn't think straight. So, we go to bed, and about half an hour in I get awaken by my boyfriend, and he tells me to move because I keep "stinking up the bed" and he "doesn't want to hear farts". He also tells me to check my pants for any crap, because he genuinely believed that I soiled myself. He ended up kicking me to the couch, even though he made me a promise. I'm heartbroken, and I apologized to him in the morning. He got over it pretty quickly, but I still feel like crap.

So, AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for chugging milk before going to bed, although I am lactose intolerant?

Huh?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my husband that I regret marrying him and I'm only staying for our child?

AITA?

You are the rear end in a top hat for staying with him. You could ensure he only got supervised visits if you actually tried.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This story is realllllllly loving sad and she badly needs to sever from that unbelievably dumb idiot manchild, leave immediately with her kid to safe family/friends, and divorce him ASAP because her child will literally be dead soon if she doesn't. She could totally get primary custody with supervised visits if she fought hard enough for it, so that's the worst excuse to stay with him imaginable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Me [21 M] and my [19 F] girlfriend had sexual relationship with my [47 M/] Stepfather and have no clue how to repair...anything

This is very strange and I do not know where else to post it I am ashamed and freaked out. I am both looking for advice I guess and to vent.

Some background. I am 21 years old bi male. I have a 19 year old female girlfriend. I am finished with college and moved back in with my folks this summer while applying for jobs and to save money. My girlfriend has no real family and ran into income issues being away at school and moved in late summer.

I also live with my stepfather 47, mother 45 and younger sibling. I have like always been both in awe and have a crush on my stepdad. He is like hyper masculine, very large and muscled guy. I am also really into like cuckold stuff but was always a fantasy. This summer it was clear that my stepfather and girlfriend both were attracted to one another and flirted. My girlfriend and I would get each other hot and bothered by talking about her loving him but it was all in the realm of fantasy.

So in late August we were drinking and it all just kinda happened and my stepfather and girlfriend hosed while I watch and joined a little bit. I admit it was super loving hot and I was very into it. For the past two months whenever my mom was out for work, which is often, they would gently caress and I would watch. It was like all my fantasies coming real.

As weeks have gone on though I feel more and more conflicted about how hosed up all of this and how it has changed our relationships. My stepfather clearly sees me much differently and his attitude his much different toward me. I am also terrified my mother will find our or my younger sibling and destroy my family.

My girlfriend shares my same discomfort and fear about how this has all gone. We have talked about stopping it yet every time my Stepfather comes around they still gently caress like rabbits. Afterward we both feel like poo poo but both admit the pleasure at the time is awesome.

I have no clue what to do.

TL;DR: my gf and I went into a cuckold relationship with my stepfather and we have no clue how to break it off?