Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me [21 M] and my [19 F] girlfriend had sexual relationship with my [47 M/] Stepfather and have no clue how to repair...anything
it was all in the realm of fantasy.
The only accurate phrase in the entire post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Me [21 M] and my [19 F] girlfriend had sexual relationship with my [47 M/] Stepfather and have no clue how to repair...anything

Don't bother repairing, just get a new one (both stepdad and gf).

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my husband that I regret marrying him and I'm only staying for our child?

I started dating my current husband because he was always very kind to me. I had issues picking men (still do) so I thought he was a good choice. I was shocked to get pregnant, the pill failed me. My hormones and denial convinced me everything would be fine.

The pregnancy was okay. The baby has always been sickly. Bad genes run in both of our families. The baby mostly has asthma, diabetes, and some allergies now, but they will probably discover other hereditary illnesses as they get older. I considered this while pregnant and my hormones told me it was also fine. I will not be getting pregnant again.

My husband, however, is easily the stupidest person alive. He cannot be trusted with our child's care. He has a caretaking job (not children) that he's always valued over anything else. He's endangered the baby before by putting them next to untrained shelter dogs for a "cute photo op", never remembers medical routines, and thinks I "overmedicate".

I had to go on a 2.5 day business trip out of state. I had to, I'd been avoiding it but it wasn't possible anymore. I grilled him on everything related to our child's care. I made cheat sheets. I left my notebooks. I thought, maybe he can keep them alive for 48 hours without me. Everyone said I worry too much, fathers are perfectly capable! Of course some fathers are capable just as some mothers are incapable. This one isn't. But I can't make a single good decision, so I left.

The morning of the day I was coming home, I get a PANICKED call. The baby had been "fine all day" but had an attack at night. Stupid thought he should not use the inhaler (why) and when he finally did, he did it wrong so it did nothing. The baby was admitted to the hospital with a severe asthma attack and fluctuating sugars, because of COURSE he thought I was using too much insulin and it was "too strong" for the baby. CPS was involved because it's considered neglect to let diagnosed asthma get this bad. Their FINGERNAILS WERE BLUE.

I rushed home as soon as possible. The baby is still in the hospital as of today. We've been dealing with CPS, where we now have an open case and an in home safety plan. He now isn't allowed to be alone with our child or be the one with medical care responsibility.

It's been pretty tense here. We had a pretty bad argument last night where I screamed at him that he was the worst mistake I've ever made, he's the stupidest person I've ever met, and I'm only staying at this point because I'd like our child to SEE their 18th birthday. While I could probably get primary custody, he'd still get some visitation, and that could honestly be fatal. It only took 48 hours for a life threatening hospital visit.

AITA?

Of course she should loving leave him wtf? CPS is going to take their kid from the both of them if she knowingly stays with a guy who neglected their child like this.

Also if she stays with him "for their child" her child will be miserable and put in danger on a regular basis since you can't exactly supervise your spouse 24/7. And she will resent the kid for staying and at that point might as well get an account on the estranged parent forum.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
AITA for going through my wife’s phone?
Recently my wife admitted to me that she wanted a mmf experience. I wasn’t hurt but I wanted to know who she had in mind. So I entertained the idea long enough to find out who it was.

She wants one of my close friends involved. I’ve known the guy since high school and we were roommates at one point. I thought we were really cool friends.

I wanted to know what was going on to get to the point that she wanted to sleep with him. So I went through her phone while she was sleeping, as she keeps it on the kitchen counter and accessible.

First checked her gallery, any sexual photos I saw were ones that were for me and I couldn’t link them through the messages they had between each other.

So a little sigh of relief.

Then I throughly checked their messages between each other.

They had confessed they had previously had feelings for one another years ago when my wife and I were just dating and both also admitted to wanting to cheat together at the same point in time.

The timeline of the messages, from the confessions, span a couple weeks. Most are innocent about wanting to play fortnite or Minecraft together but quite a few are blatant flirting.

Talking about him being naked, how hot she’d look in certain lingerie, doing boob shots, playing drunk stripping games. Talking about how hot it was that she’s curious about women and how tempted he’d be if something were to happen in front of him.

Seriously this was one of my ride or die friends. I thought my wife had my back from day one.

I know I have my own faults when it comes to being a husband. Hell I even finally admitted to myself I need counseling and went saw a counselor today (11/08) so I can get better. After telling her I went so I can get better she had the audacity to tell me that she’s proud and loves me for going while she’s been flirting with my friend.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The timeline of the messages, from the confessions, span a couple weeks. Most are innocent about wanting to play fortnite or Minecraft together but quite a few are blatant flirting.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Power Khan posted:

AITA for going through my wife’s phone?

I don’t understand the question.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Although I will give her points for a pretty inventive way of cheating.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My Boyfriend Was Told He Would Get Murdered If He Visited Me

quote:

TL;DR! My boyfriend received advice from a psychic that if he visited me, he would die.

My boyfriend (19m) and I (18m) live aways apart, about 2 and a half hours. He finally got a new job and was able to afford the 50 dollar tickets for the train down to my city. I am beyond excited as this will be the first time we get multiple days together, alone, with adult money.

There is just one problem, though. My boyfriend has a friend that used to be a sort of friends with benefits thing with him. She has been really adamant about him not coming down to see me. First she just said that he's spending money to come have sex for two straight days (untrue), and that he doesn't really know me (SO untrue). Apparently every time he hangs out with this friend, that's all she talks about. Finally he told her that he bought the tickets and she said that her mother predicted that he would get murdered in my city.

Early in our relationship, my boyfriend told me that two separate people predicted that he would meet a blonde girl in college who would become his wife. He has since discarded this and doesn't pay it any mind anymore, especially after he confessed that he was in love with me. One of the people that predicted this blonde wife is his friends mom, so her prediction of him dying in my city obviously made him a bit uneasy, and it made my heart hurt. My city can be dangerous but not in the part I live in, which is the downtown. I also don't know why his friend is so adamant to hate me when she hasn't even met me. I want his friends to like me as much as I like him, but I don't see that happening with her.

What can I do to ease my boyfriends nerves during this, and what can I do, if anything, about his friend?

Somebody's autocorrect is set from "psycho" to "psychic"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my husband that I regret marrying him and I'm only staying for our child?

I started dating my current husband because he was always very kind to me. I had issues picking men (still do) so I thought he was a good choice.

The Nice Guy wore her down.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

La Brea Carpet posted:

My Boyfriend Was Told He Would Get Murdered If He Visited Me
He finally got a new job and was able to afford the 50 dollar tickets for the train down to my city.

First she just said that he's spending money to come have sex for two straight days
I don’t know what the going rate is, but $50 for two straight days of sex seems like a pretty drat good deal.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Is it possible that this thread has slowed down a bit

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sjs00 posted:

Is it possible that this thread has slowed down a bit

The weekends are generally slower.

The weekdays can be wild though. I’ve gone to bed at 1am and when I wake up 8 hours later there are like 100+ new posts.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, most people are busier on the weekends with family/friends/sleeping/etc and many of us have plenty of time to kill during our workdays, which leads to significantly more posting volume in this thread and all over SA.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not wanting my wife to have friends over to watch Harry Styles on SNL?

I (25 M) live with my wife (25 F) in a small house. We both have friends over pretty regularly, so that’s not the issue. She’s a huge fan of One Direction, particularly Harry Styles. We have two different pieces of art featuring him in our home, one poster in our bedroom and his face superimposed on Jesus above our back door (the latter is mostly a joke). I’m not a fan, but I’m glad she has something she likes I guess.

Next week, Harry Styles is the host and musical guest on SNL. My wife has repeatedly insisted that we have her friends over to watch the episode. I’m not the jealous type, but it does make me uncomfortable how intensely she fawns over him. I don’t want to further enable that behavior since it makes me feel insecure. The last time she suggested we host a viewing party, I playfully replied that I feel uncomfortable watching “her boyfriend” on SNL, and she told me I’m being childish since she has no real chance with him.

I told her she can obviously make her own decisions with inviting friends over, but I won’t be present for the viewing party. AITA?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

He’s obviously insecure but she sounds like an exhausting super fan so I can see how that might wear someone down.

She probably writes fan fiction with him in it too.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I told her she can obviously make her own decisions with inviting friends over, but I won’t be present for the viewing party. AITA?

Looking forward to the update where Harry Styles comes out of the TV and fucks his wife in front of him and all his friends.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

MarcusSA posted:

The weekends are generally slower.

The weekdays can be wild though. I’ve gone to bed at 1am and when I wake up 8 hours later there are like 100+ new posts.

plus we weren't allowed to have a 5 page debate on how it would be a reasonable choice to play "A Skull Full of Maggots" at my wedding

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
oh I forgot I work a manual labor job 6 days a week silly me

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for refusing to text my girlfriend during a funeral?

quote:

My (24M) girlfriend (20F) is at her aunt’s funeral (rip) with her family.

her: “wyd” me: “taking a break from reading wbu” h: “at the funeral rn” m: “wanna text later?” h: “not really 🥴” m: “wym?” h: “i wanna talk now” m: “at the funeral?” h: “okay never mind” m: “is it just starting?” h: “no it started at 1” m: “what they doing” h: “it’s almost over i think he lowkey just started preaching” m: “just get at me when it’s done. i dont feel right texting during a funeral” h: “okay”

I feel texting during a funeral is disrespectful/distasteful to those grieving, the dead and just bad etiquette. Although she wasn’t/isn’t close to her family, I encourage her to get close as family is all you have.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not helping my teenage son fight a DUI charge?

I have two children, a son who's a current high school senior and a daughter who's a sophomore in college. When they were first learning how to drive, I made it very clear to them that driving is a privilege, not a right, and they have a responsibility to themselves, their passengers, and everyone else on the road to be safe drivers. I explained that texting while driving and drunk driving are unacceptable, and that if they're ever in a situation where they don't think they can get home safely, they need to call me and I will come pick them up, no questions asked.

Well, my son recently got pulled over coming back from a party, and the officer smelled alcohol on his breath and made him take a breathalyzer test. He blew a .15, nearly twice the legal limit, and was charged with DUI. I'm beyond disappointed in him and in his poor decision-making. I thought I raised him better than this. I asked him why he didn't call me for a ride home and he said he didn't think he had drunk enough to be impaired. Because he turned 18 three days before this happened, he was charged as an adult and a conviction will go on his permanent record.

My wife is insisting that we need to get our son a good lawyer and try to get the charge pleaded down. She's concerned it will hurt his chances of getting into college and medical school and cause him problems professionally down the line. There's also a possibility he could see some jail time with a BAC this high.

A good defense attorney would be expensive, and while we could technically afford it, I don't want to send my son the message that this kind of behavior is okay. There's also no guarantee that an attorney can get the charge reduced. I think my son needs to take responsibility for what he did, and if that means not getting into his top choice of college or spending a few days in jail, it's an important and valuable lesson worth learning. My wife strongly disagrees and says she's also disappointed in the choices he made, but we need to protect his future. AITA?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

This thread is primarily my coping mechanism for work, yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Kinda conflicted on this one. .15 is pretty high and the kid is a loving moron but I dunno if fixing it would enable more bad behavior.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Nope, not even close.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Smirking_Serpent posted:

While his son's an incredible dumbass (.15 is really high!), he shouldn't be forced to ruin his life over a very bad decision he made at age 18. He's a kid and kids are dumb as balls. He's allowed to get a second chance and turn it around while he's still so young.

On the other hand, maybe teach the kid a lesson because .15 is stupidly drunk and he should have known better than to drive. Tough call.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

While his son's an incredible dumbass (.15 is really high!), he shouldn't be forced to ruin his life over a very bad decision he made at age 18. He's a kid and kids are dumb as balls. He's allowed to get a second chance and turn it around while he's still so young.

Drunk driving is potential murder. And that excuse had been given to white boys far too often.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I have two children, a son who's a current high school senior and a daughter who's a sophomore in college. When they were first learning how to drive, I made it very clear to them that driving is a privilege, not a right, and they have a responsibility to themselves, their passengers, and everyone else on the road to be safe drivers. I explained that texting while driving and drunk driving are unacceptable, and that if they're ever in a situation where they don't think they can get home safely, they need to call me and I will come pick them up, no questions asked.

Well, my son recently got pulled over coming back from a party, and the officer smelled alcohol on his breath and made him take a breathalyzer test. He blew a .15, nearly twice the legal limit, and was charged with DUI. I'm beyond disappointed in him and in his poor decision-making. I thought I raised him better than this. I asked him why he didn't call me for a ride home and he said he didn't think he had drunk enough to be impaired. Because he turned 18 three days before this happened, he was charged as an adult and a conviction will go on his permanent record.

My wife is insisting that we need to get our son a good lawyer and try to get the charge pleaded down. She's concerned it will hurt his chances of getting into college and medical school and cause him problems professionally down the line. There's also a possibility he could see some jail time with a BAC this high.

A good defense attorney would be expensive, and while we could technically afford it, I don't want to send my son the message that this kind of behavior is okay. There's also no guarantee that an attorney can get the charge reduced. I think my son needs to take responsibility for what he did, and if that means not getting into his top choice of college or spending a few days in jail, it's an important and valuable lesson worth learning. My wife strongly disagrees and says she's also disappointed in the choices he made, but we need to protect his future. AITA?

Get it plead down to a wet reckless charge. It'll cost about $10k and he'll have to go to clown college for it. Bill your son for it and add interest. If he doesn't pay you back in a timely manner break his pinky toe and tell him Fat Dean is looking for his loving money.

The most offensive thing about this is that he's a moron. In the age of Uber and Lyft drunk driving is just incredibly stupid. Back before they understood alcohol is actually made up of tiny creatures that eat your brain cells and made you wave your hands all the time it was somewhat understandable, but now it's just shameful.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

he shouldn't be forced to ruin his life over a very bad decision he made at age 18.

Lol nobody's forcing him to do poo poo, he made an extremely reckless move and SHOULD go to jail for it.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Admiral Ray posted:

Get it plead down to a wet reckless charge. It'll cost about $10k and he'll have to go to clown college for it. Bill your son for it and add interest. If he doesn't pay you back in a timely manner break his pinky toe and tell him Fat Dean is looking for his loving money.

The most offensive thing about this is that he's a moron. In the age of Uber and Lyft drunk driving is just incredibly stupid. Back before they understood alcohol is actually made up of tiny creatures that eat your brain cells and made you wave your hands all the time it was somewhat understandable, but now it's just shameful.

I just want to say your shitposts always make me smile.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I always scroll past them

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My (24F) boyfriend (27M) keeps constantly saying 'vibe check' and it is seriously negatively effecting my loving 'vibe'

quote:

Hello. My boyfriend spends a lot of time on the computer, obviously, and his mind honestly sometimes seems like a permeable vessel for whatever language he picks up on there. This is sometimes sweet and endearing, but here it is not.

I'm not really sure when people started saying 'vibe check', but my boyfriend started saying it about two weeks or so ago, and has since been saying it an unbearable amount. Three weeks ago we moved in together (honestly more out of convenience for him than from any grand romantic gesture), and for two of these weeks 'vibe check' has been the first thing he has said to me in the morning, and generally the last thing he says to me before bed. I think this is made weirder by his tone of voice: it is spoken with a genuine sincerity and gentleness, as you might expect from a loving 'good morning', or 'sweet dreams'.

Two days ago I was going through a bit of a crisis. Without going into too much irrelevant detail, two of my family members are quite seriously ill. When I came back home from the hospital, visibly having cried and still shaking, his first response to seeing me is, as you might guess, 'vibe check?'. Again, this was seemingly spoken entirely in earnest, and with a recognisable sadness in his voice from seeing me clearly upset. He just seems to think that 'vibe check' is a sufficient replacement for any kind of emotional language, without understand how this appears. He has always been very emotionally unavailable, and I have come to terms with that, but I just find it incredible loving annoying to keep hearing him say 'vibe check', especially in ostensibly tender moments.

Am I being unreasonable here? Is this normal behaviour? How can I speak to him about this?

TL;DR - My boyfriend keeps saying vibe check instead of making sincere attempts to understand my feelings. What is to be done?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pinecone Sample posted:

My (24F) boyfriend (27M) keeps constantly saying 'vibe check' and it is seriously negatively effecting my loving 'vibe'

It's like 'ping' for people who lack empathy so need to be told which emotional schema to use?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
"help, my significant other has a new habit that I find really annoying but I haven't told them I find it annoying and instead am stewing in constant simmering anger while they are utterly oblivious, is there some simple language-based solution to this seemingly impossible conundrum?"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Beachcomber posted:

It's like 'ping' for people who lack empathy so need to be told which emotional schema to use?

She should ping him on Skype and tell him she has something she needs to discuss with him offline.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

cumshitter posted:

I remember when my wife went into labor. It was part of the GI Joe movie when Cobra Commander turned into a snake in the Arctic while looking for Cobra-La. I started crying, then I noticed my wife had been nudging me and telling me her water broke. She told me everything would be OK, we would get through this together, and I told her to shut up because she was interrupting the movie.

Gonna call you out here cumshitter: don't you think that if you had actually supported your wife if only to ensure a powerful gay presence in the delivery room then maybe, just maybe, the tragic path your child's life took could have been avoided?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Nastyman posted:

Looking forward to the update where Harry Styles comes out of the TV and fucks his wife in front of him and all his friends.

Dear TV Guide,

I never thought it could happen to me,

Breetai posted:

Gonna call you out here cumshitter: don't you think that if you had actually supported your wife if only to ensure a powerful gay presence in the delivery room then maybe, just maybe, the tragic path your child's life took could have been avoided?

Actually, it was Cobra Commander's shrill, feminine voice and mannerisms that helped me become the gay man I am today. I have the GI Joe movie to thank for that. It's also why I named my son Cobra Commander when my ex-wife was passed out after labor.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pinecone Sample posted:

Your boyfriend is a Pokemon named Vibe Check.

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I feel uncomfortable watching “her boyfriend” on SNL, and she told me I’m being childish since she has no real chance with him.

Oof

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for choosing college football over my girlfriends birthday?

I really hope this guy is drunk and deflated and not at his ex's birthday right now

Edit ah gently caress I forgot he said he was an LSU fan, he was just a Bama man in my mind

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
For a 160lb man to blow a .15, he'd have needed to have drunk 4 "standard" drinks, which amounts to three quarters of a bottle of wine assuming no time to process any of it (so probably more than an entire bottle over the course of the evening). That is loving druuuuuuunk, even the regular US limit is pretty high and he was at double that. Throw him to the loving wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA For changing my shirt in my seat on a flight?

Not an rear end in a top hat for this specifically, but someone who does this is only few steps away from taking off your shoes and socks on a plane, which should be punishable by instant death a la Judge Dredd. I'm watching you closely missy