Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Wait, did that say "Professor Chink"?

It's 'Cenk' as in Cenk Uygur of the Young Turks

But it's mispronounced. Racistly? Probably

EDIT - if you took 3 away from 126 you'd have 123, a popular sequence of numbers among the toddler demographic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
https://twitter.com/giantpoppywatch/status/1193537501547372544
Bang those who bum the poppy

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Bardeh posted:

I could only speculate as to how many respects this giant poppy on the Costa near my house is, but it's got to be at least 69

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid you're not wearing a poppy

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I don't want my cock destroyed, poppy. How is one expected to continue to gently caress?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I forget what I made this in response to but there's probably been another six things it could apply to since :v:

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Are we doing CBT chat again?

While I'm here: Sex work is real work

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I've never both wanted and not wanted more to click on a hashtag than #cockdestroyer

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I've never both wanted and not wanted more to click on a hashtag than #cockdestroyer

just ask jose for the pm

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Are we doing CBT chat again?

While I'm here: Sex work is real work

And all work is bad, therefore sex is bad.

Turns out the Volcels were right. Not the incels though, they are just lame.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Cranking it is presumably therefore owning the means of production.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/milo-yiannopolos-gavin-mcinnes-far-right-water-restaurant-washington-a9197091.html

A grumpy feminist just poured drinks on us,” said Mr McInnes.

“She said you should be ashamed of yourself and then she screamed kill yourself,” said the founder of Proud Boys, a right-wing group the FBI called an “extremist organisation with times to white nationalism”.

Mr Yiannopoulos said it was “only with water which is so lame”.

Yeah I wish it had been fluoroantimonic acid too. oval office.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bardeh posted:

I could only speculate as to how many respects this giant poppy on the Costa near my house is, but it's got to be at least 69
The bar looks to be at about 80% of the maximum respects, which is 420

Also, walked the dog past the memorial park, where someone was trying to battle the pokemon gym during the service. -10 respects to slytherin (team valor)

Bangin, thanks.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Also, what the gently caress is this doing on QTs social media, I loving love purdah:

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1192577135929638912?s=09

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Smh....an anorak. That's minus 100 respects Jeremy ffs

https://twitter.com/manning_roland/status/1193531671901036544?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So much respect that we should forget the war stuff and make remembrance day about jeremy corbyn.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Bardeh posted:

Smh....an anorak. That's minus 100 respects Jeremy ffs

https://twitter.com/manning_roland/status/1193531671901036544?s=19

FYI this is a parody.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/LaboursBlackPLP/status/1193559179493031939
At least Labour is responding to the floods, but they really need to be pinning this on Tory austerity and putting it out through their official channels. It's been the biggest story on the BBC for a couple of days, and I don't think any Labour rep mentioned it in their interviews. :confused:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The flooding happened because Corbyn is an antisemite and Moses got mad.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also, what the gently caress is this doing on QTs social media, I loving love purdah:

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/status/1192577135929638912?s=09

It's alright Bobby, the right have discredited her as a Jewish person as she never tweets about bagels, so you can ignore what she says

(I'm not joking)

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Remember when press freaked out over the jacket Michael Foot wore on Remembrance Day?

I don't, because it was in 1981, but I'm sure other goons remember.

Chuka Umana fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 10, 2019

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Chuka Umana posted:

Remember when press freaked out over the jacket Michael Foot wore in Remembrance Day?

I don't, because it was in 1981, but I'm sure other goons remember.

I do, and I remember the blazing row between my mum and dad about it, with my dad literally waving his donkey jacket at her and pointing out the difference between it and what Foot was wearing. She pivoted effortlessly to complaining that his hair looked scruffy. There really is nothing new under the sun.

(That's about the only argument I remember between my died-in-the-wool Tory mum and my quietly lefty dad about politics, i think they mostly had a truce over politics, which is why it made such an impression on me)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

OwlFancier posted:

Also who goes to hospital and thinks "all these immigrants using it" rather than "gently caress me that's a lot of old white people"

You'd be surprised. People are really good at noticing things they think are unusual but utter trash at noticing things they think are normal. So it's easy for a racist old to tell you they saw TWO brown people this week, oh my god it's so many, but they'd never even think of counting how many white people they saw. It just doesn't register as an event.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Jedit posted:

The only time I saw Bailey live he did a "ching-chong-Chinaman" routine, so no, he's not a "good'un".

This is from a while ago but you keep bringing it up whenever Bill Bailey is mentioned in the thread. I saw the DVD for the show you're talking about, and yes while it was concerningly odd for him to do a sketch about going to a Chinese restaurant and seeing a live owl wrapped in duct tape which he bought and freed later, the end credits were a slide show of photos of him and others unwrapping an owl from tape in the woods in the middle of the night and watching it fly off, proving that either it was a true story or he'd taped up an owl for the purposes of a joke like a madman. I can only assume that either he'd just done a dodgy accent during your show, or you were wrong.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Ratjaculation posted:

It's alright Bobby, the right have discredited her as a Jewish person as she never tweets about bagels, so you can ignore what she says

(I'm not joking)

Welp seeing as I have exactly zero social media presence that can be tracked to my real person, I don't actually exist, I'm a figment of the collective imagination of the UKMT posters

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

RockyB posted:

:brexit: 'The air was growing stale with the sound of a thousand words' may be the most beautiful description of politics I've ever encountered.

That is actually nuts. I was wondering how some of this AI stuff was so good - often when you get stuff like this, all the AI has done is take some existing text and maybe substitute some of the key words. So for example it may have recognised from the prompt "Jeremy Corbyn drew his katana and sighed" or whatever that it fits in with fanfiction, and that Corbyn is a british politician, selected some existing text from a fanfiction it's "read", and substituted the names for other British politicians. This is called "overfitting" where the perfect solution to the problem "write some text on this subject" becomes "copy some existing text which fits this subject".

However, I just googled "The air was growing stale with the sound of a thousand words" and I couldn't find where that had been used before. I suppose it's possible that it's from a book or something and therefore wouldn't be found online, but the text of most books *will* turn up if you search for a part of it on google these days.

So what I'm saying is, that incredibly apt and poetic thing written just there, might actually be the legit creation of an AI. Which is loving crazy.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Lol sorry for posting one of these but it's so perfect

quote:

Jeremy Corbyn drew his katana and sighed loudly as he walked around the edge of the platform at London's Labour Party conference, the first time he'd ever been outside since taking office. He was back to being, as the New York Times put it, "the leader-in-waiting, who has been around the block a few times and knows when to leave the safety of the Labour bubble."

Jeremy Corbyn as the main character in a Shadowrun-themed noir fiction? Sign me the gently caress up

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
just had a very fun and good canvassing session where out of 50 households i went to, probably 30 were out, 15 were Never Labour or Won't Say, 4 Undecided, 1 Labour

someone please end me and drown this wretched country :suicide:

at least the Labour one was enthusiastic and nice

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
loving love me some salt beef brick lane beigels, I'm not Jewish but do my posts on the matter qualify me for the twitter antisemitism taskforce police?

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift

Guavanaut posted:

Welcome... to Pervert Park.

Love... finds a way.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

CGI Stardust posted:

just had a very fun and good canvassing session where out of 50 households i went to, probably 30 were out, 15 were Never Labour or Won't Say, 4 Undecided, 1 Labour

someone please end me and drown this wretched country :suicide:

at least the Labour one was enthusiastic and nice

Keep up the good work, canvassing comrades

Wish I lived in a marginal so I could offer tea and biscuits to people doing legwork out in the cold

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Coohoolin posted:

Lmao boy george tried to get in on the doxxing and harassing of an irish lassie doing praxis, check the replies

https://twitter.com/BoyGeorge/status/1192883669884719104?s=19

How can you post that and not possibly the best ever reply to anything on twitter?

https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1193210834203369472?s=20

E: OK it was a reply to a different Boy George tweet but still.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

You sure you didn’t canvass a farm? Sounds like a lot of sheep.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ratjaculation posted:

(((I'm not joking)))
ftfy :v:

Seriously though, all this poo poo about real Jews and fake Jews and Jews amongst us is some gross alt-right bullshit written as farce. Fishhook theory is correct, and anti-Corbynists are drumming up the antisemitism that they accuse him of. It's honestly worrying.

HauntedRobot posted:

Love... finds a way.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

It’s because humans are poo poo oval office trash wankers OP.

Where’s that Rachel Riley “I don’t look like a typical Jew” loop

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 10, 2019

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Diet Crack posted:

It’s because humans are poo poo oval office trash wankers OP.

hosed up and true

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Still reeling from 'the millenial need to be seen' coming from Boy loving George.

Sorry Rent Boy imprisoning George to be accurate.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Seriously though, all this poo poo about real Jews and fake Jews and Jews amongst us is some gross alt-right bullshit written as farce. Fishhook theory is correct, and anti-Corbynists are drumming up the antisemitism that they accuse him of. It's honestly worrying.

At this point I'm pretty sure it's the intent and they're willing physical attacks into existence so they can say "Violence against Jews rises under Corbyn government" and say they told you so.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Class antagonism supercedes claims of ethno-religious solidarity.

The rich and privileged will never give a poo poo about the poor and powerless, and will only ever use them for their own ends, true regardless of race or religion.

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Teaching an impromptu civics lesson to my adult students (I am not a politics teacher): is this praxis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Have to say the argument that we can't have more doctors and nurses because there's physically not enough room in the hospitals is a spicy new one