Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

CGI Stardust posted:

here are a couple of nice pairs of tits, just for you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/FlagsMashupBot/status/1188062734857973761

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Diet Crack posted:

They took ourrrr poopppppppppppppieeeeeeeesss

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/remembrance-sunday-pub-poppy-refuse-drink-veterans-bristol-three-lions-a9197211.html

Here gaze into my rosebud and give me my loving drink

Lol "Three Lions Pub" why am I not surprised (yeah I know like half the pubs in the country are called Red Lion or some variant and also many times a new owner just keeps the old name)

Pochoclo fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 10, 2019

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Gammon pub landlord realises way to create attention at his lovely EDL bar. Press bites.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Found the border solution:

https://twitter.com/FlagsMashupBot/status/1193503586946301952

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Diet Crack posted:

They took ourrrr poopppppppppppppieeeeeeeesss

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/remembrance-sunday-pub-poppy-refuse-drink-veterans-bristol-three-lions-a9197211.html

Here gaze into my rosebud and give me my loving drink

That pub is notoriously fash, think it's where Bristol City's firm hang out

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I made a new twitter just to tell this person how pedantic and thick they are, also no one could get to be a barrister being this stupid surely. I don’t give a poo poo if it’s abusing people anymore, it’s cathartic for me to tell people they’re stupid cunts at this point and should just gently caress off for eternity. Seems to be the whole point of twitter these days anyway.

Ban me all you want illl just keep making alts, you can’t loving stop me, especially if you’re going to lock my account open with no option to delete it without giving you a passport (yeah right, gently caress off)

:commissar:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I watched a Tom Scott video where he said he misses RSS and I now realise I miss RSS as well now. Something very nice about a feed that doesn't bollocks you about and try to push you what it thinks is the most relevant content.

Like YouTube music. The free app is surprisingly good, but I wish there was a way of convincing it that when I'm having a movie / video game soundtracks day, I don't want it putting 70s dad rock on the list.

The funny thing is there are lots of sites out there that still have an RSS feed buried away, presumably because it's part of their CMS, but it's completely unadvertised and requires a bit of Googling around to find.

In my mind this change happened around the time that the average Facebook post flipped from "Here's 300 pictures of my holiday" to "Here is a brave article about skull shapes and I bet the snowflakes won't share it" and I have to assume that sites stopped advertising RSS feeds in the hope of driving people on to social media for those precious shares (and metrics!).

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Drone_Fragger posted:

Am greatly enjoying the whole current tory budget drama. Turns out they spent all their time and money working out how much "labours plans" (which aren't released yet, and was labours direct response to the claims) will cost and forgot they needed to cost their own manifesto promises so when sajid javid got asked quite bluntly by andrew marr how much the tory plans would cost in comparison, he couldn't give an answer. Which is kinda interesting because he's chancellor of the loving exchequer and that's his loving job.

also, corbyn didn't bow low enough at the cenotaph, what a traitor. disregard the fact he's 70 years old and you're routinely asked to give up seats on buses for people that age.

The Tories have come to the same realisation that the Republican party did some time ago: you can actually just abandon things like "facts" and "consistency" altogether and journalists will rarely call you out on it and most of the public will neither notice nor care.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The funny thing is there are lots of sites out there that still have an RSS feed buried away, presumably because it's part of their CMS, but it's completely unadvertised and requires a bit of Googling around to find.

In my mind this change happened around the time that the average Facebook post flipped from "Here's 300 pictures of my holiday" to "Here is a brave article about skull shapes and I bet the snowflakes won't share it" and I have to assume that sites stopped advertising RSS feeds in the hope of driving people on to social media for those precious shares (and metrics!).

I used to have loads of rss feeds on feedreader.com but they've gradually all dried up. I don't want 'receive our latest direct to your inbox' I want to just pootle over and read things at a time of my choosing. But that's more or less gone now.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Anyone not on Twitter is avoiding the risk of being the day's main character, and that makes you a coward.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Is being a main character code for developing a tumour?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

https://twitter.com/Yorks_STEAM/status/1193471002036121600?s=20

(The tweeter's son is the adult man in the background talking to Angela Rayner, not the child with Corbyn. She adds this in a comment.)

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 10, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Patrick Stewart is a good 'un:

https://comicbook.com/startrek/2019...ynD38NEygwG_BpI

quote:

English actor Patrick Stewart admitted he was “embarrassed” to appear before a French audience when promoting new series Star Trek: Picard at Comic Con Paris, where Stewart called efforts to separate Britain from the European Union a “disgrace.” Appearing alongside Picard co-stars Michelle Hurd, Santiago Cabrera, Isa Briones and Evan Evagora, Stewart ended the panel by cordially telling his co-stars, “You can participate in this or not, depending on how you feel.” Standing and addressing the audience, Stewart said his trip to the Paris convention was a “very, very bitter experience in many respects.”

“For the last 35 years, I have been so proud to belong to a country that was part of the European Union,” Stewart said to applause. “And I am embarrassed to stand here in front of you, representing a country that is seeking to break that invaluable connection.”

Citing his participation in London’s “million-person” Let Us Be Heard march in October, Stewart continued, “I want you to know that well more than half of the population of the United Kingdom wants to stay in the European Union.”

“The Berlin Wall came down. The Soviet Union ended its dominance and control over so many nations. Apartheid was ended in South Africa. The Good Friday Agreement brought together — although there are still problems — Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland,” Stewart said. “The European Union is all part of that movement, and it is a disgrace that individuals in my country are attempting to separate it.”

In February, Stewart told the Press Association he was “alarmed, concerned and scared” about Brexit’s impact on Britain’s future.

“I have reflected a great deal on it because I’m very involved in the remain campaign and have been for a couple of years. It would be dishonest not to in a story like this, where people are trying to not only improve society, they also save society, and, oh Lord, do we need it saving now,” he said. “I am very alarmed, concerned, not to say actually scared of what is actually going to come out of this. I am an optimist and always have been by nature, things will get better — but before they do it could get very very much worse and it concerns me that so many people seem not to be factoring that into this vote.”

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
You raise Corbyn with the kids and I'll raise Jo with the kids

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
skills wallets

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Chuka stop stalking your party leader, it's getting creepy.

She'll fall off that cliff without your help.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is she looking directly over the top of the kid on the right's head?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

WHY ARE THE CHILDREN NOT WEARING POPPIES JO

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jessflaps is a funny one.

She's so often so poo poo, but her voting record is mostly good and she is capable of being not poo poo:

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1193444143470653441?s=20

Still can't bloody stand her.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

WhatEvil posted:

Jessflaps is a funny one.

She's so often so poo poo, but her voting record is mostly good and she is capable of being not poo poo:

https://twitter.com/jessphillips/status/1193444143470653441?s=20

Still can't bloody stand her.

Can't believe the tories think that makes them look good!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Diet Crack posted:

Is being a main character code for developing a tumour?
https://twitter.com/maplecocaine/status/1080665226410889217

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
kill wallace?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
:3: very small and fluffy, what is it? doesn't look local *shifty eyes*

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

happyhippy posted:

kill wallace?

okay shinra

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Ms Adequate posted:

This implies that a decent chunk of lib dem voters are defecting to the tories, which is extremely on brand lol

This is bad for Jeremy Corbyn, and for all of us. In an ideal world, the LDs persuade that segment of Tory voters who still have a vestigial conscience to vote for them. In hellworld, those guys all vote Tory because the LDs are so weak, and Labour voters go LD instead. In the middle - in Centrist World, as it were - the LDs try to appeal to Tories but fail, and don’t appeal to Labour voters because they were trying to appeal to Tories instead.

Welcome to Tiny Centrist World.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Lol

E: wait how do I embed tweets? It’s saying access to SA is blocked by clouflare when I try to use the code..

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Keith Vaz not standing in the GE.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

happyhippy posted:

kill wallace?

stop bodie, no, dont. wallace's your friend.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Diet Crack posted:

Lol

E: wait how do I embed tweets? It’s saying access to SA is blocked by clouflare when I try to use the code..

Normally just a case of pasting the twitter link, SA should then auto-parse it to embed.

Unsure if it works the same on the app.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1161672182554124290?s=19

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

WhatEvil posted:

Normally just a case of pasting the twitter link, SA should then auto-parse it to embed.

Unsure if it works the same on the app.

Thank you, now enjoy this fbpe brain cancer:

https://twitter.com/c_kennaugh/status/1193638678230376448?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
bolivia just got military couped :/

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Amazing what a fresh haircut will do

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

I'm pretty much experiencing this first hand right now. Had my bag nicked from the pub on Wednesday that had a backup debit card in it, saw the crim used it at the Tesco and Sainsbury's around the corner (presumably to have a good time on Tesco and Sainsbury's dime) so phoned NatWest to stop the card and they helpfully refunded the charges and let me know the exact times and transaction amounts. Relayed this to plod to get a crime ref for the insurance and have heard absolutely nothing since, even though they know the exact time the thief would have been sticking their face in CCTV at least 4 times

In the end I'm just a little put out to have to replace everything and check my credit report a bit closer whilst someone in London's lugging around my crap but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in pretending there's any consequences for petty theft

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

When they say four people were fired, I imagine it's not going to be anyone in a decision making position, is it? It's going to be one of those poor bastards reading off a script, trying to put food on the table

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Jose posted:

bolivia just got military couped :/

reading the news coming out of bolivia right now, feel ill. i don't mean to sound western-centric but tbh i would not be surprised at all if our own fash psychos start disputing the result in the (unlikely) event of a labour majority. they've already threatened to coup his government several times and we know what nadhim zahawi, as one example, is deeply involved in.

gh0stpinballa fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 10, 2019

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I've sometimes wondered if I treated it like a 9-5 job and put thought and planning into it, whether I could make a decent living out of petty crime, fraud etc. I'm pretty sure most online fraud is never investigated at all.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

https://twitter.com/TeamTrinnaman/status/1165566574977277952?s=20

i was wondering what flavour of fash this guy was or who he had threatened to murder or whatever, because that's such an extremely guilty tweet, so I googled him

got to be honest it wasn't exactly what I was expecting

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Doccykins posted:

I'm pretty much experiencing this first hand right now. Had my bag nicked from the pub on Wednesday that had a backup debit card in it, saw the crim used it at the Tesco and Sainsbury's around the corner (presumably to have a good time on Tesco and Sainsbury's dime) so phoned NatWest to stop the card and they helpfully refunded the charges and let me know the exact times and transaction amounts. Relayed this to plod to get a crime ref for the insurance and have heard absolutely nothing since, even though they know the exact time the thief would have been sticking their face in CCTV at least 4 times

In the end I'm just a little put out to have to replace everything and check my credit report a bit closer whilst someone in London's lugging around my crap but it doesn't exactly inspire confidence in pretending there's any consequences for petty theft

Reminder: the police are not there to stop petty theft from the general public.

They are there to stop petty theft from capital.