Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

FilthyImp posted:

But it's the weekend. What else are we supposed to do?

:a2m:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Sorry people were mean to you dude. They would have stopped being mean if you had improved yourself instead of trying to go to teacher for help. Going to an adult to help with bullying when you are 16 is basically proving the bully's point.

Something should be done about this girl but punishing them by making them more bored (effectively giving them more free time to be a sadistic 16 year old) is a really bad approach.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

lmao I’ve had much worse said to me by much worse kids and I didn’t ruin the kids life because I’m not an awful teacher or human being and I realize that kids say stupid hurtful poo poo that they do not understand or mean because they aren’t fully developed humans yet but keep perpetuating the whole boomer “this twelve year old black kid knew EXACTLY what he was doing” attitude

Palemdromes I don't believe for two seconds that your dense rear end has ever been in front of a classroom of any age lol.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
My friend [48M] just called me with question about his daughter [16F]. He found out she's running a human trafficking ring out of his basement. Apparently, her meth dealer introduced her to a Ukrainian guy with connections in the transport industry, and they've been smuggling women into the country in shipping containers for the purpose of sex slavery. He's freaking out and wants to take away her cell phone, and maybe even ground her. I keep telling him her brain isn't fully formed, and it's not right to ruin her life over a teenage mistake. Can some of you expert apologists please help me convince him not to be so harsh?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

Sorry people were mean to you dude. They would have stopped being mean if you had improved yourself instead of trying to go to teacher for help. Going to an adult to help with bullying when you are 16 is basically proving the bully's point.

This point is true. Teach your children how to throw a punch if they’re getting bullied. If that doesn’t work, take them to the gym to get jacked and then punch harder.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for saying "OK Zoomer" to my gen Z daughter?

quote:

I am not a Boomer, I'm genX, and I am personally excited for the day that the boomers are no longer relevant. Have been my whole life. That said, I think the whole OK Boomer thing is kind of dumb and is a bit overused right now, at least in my household. When my sixteen years old daughter was hyperbolically complaining about this old lady "Boomer" at the pet shelter where she volunteers, I said "OK Zoomer" to take the piss out if her. She thought it was really rude and her 14 year old sister kind of agreed (she also thought it was funny). She didn't use the exact term, but she thought it was basically cultural appropriation in the worse sense; taking something that belongs to her generation and using it to mock her generation. I was just trying to get her to not take everything so seriously; it was just a grouchy, entitled old lady. So,AITA?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dazerbeams posted:

This point is true. Teach your children how to throw a punch if they’re getting bullied. If that doesn’t work, take them to the gym to get jacked and then punch harder.

Escalate to coming in strapped, always works out

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for saying "OK Zoomer" to my gen Z daughter?

Lol!

Cultural appropriation ha!

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Dazerbeams posted:

And they will be physically fit, which is a great thing to be regardless of whether or not you need to use it in a confrontation.

Athletic, attractive people are much less likely to be bullied. It's a little trickier with girls since the mid-to-high popular girls are the ones most likely to be bullied because 16 year olds are all sociopaths. Wallflowers are ignored because they are basically "out of the game" when it comes to femininity.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
WIBTA if I told my sister her son was caught smoking weed?

quote:

So I’m a cop in a smallish area. Last night my nephew (16) and a couple of his friends were caught smoking weed and with alcohol on them by another cop who was in the area. His friends got dropped off at their houses with a warning not to do it again, but my nephew had her call me to deal with him.

Well I told him he’s an idiot for smoking at a park at night, and that either he can tell his mom or I can tell her. He and I both know that she’d lose her poo poo when she finds out and begged me not to tell her he was smoking. I told him I’d give him a week to tell her before I did. He wants to compromise and just say that he had been drinking because she’d be more lenient on that since we all started drinking when we were in high school.

Now my nephew and I are very close and I do all the fun uncle stuff with him. He would see it as me betraying him if I tell my sister about the weed, and to his point I probably would’ve felt that way too when I was a teenager. I’m not a parent, so I don’t have that perspective. So WIBTA if I tatted out my nephew and told my sister?

Kid is lovely, calling in favors without warning that his friends don't have the advantages of, and then continuing to expect the full benefits of that. Having a cop in the family doesn't get you out of answering to your parents

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Dazerbeams posted:

You can teach your kid to stand up for themselves without slinging complete garbage sociopathy that would get you fired like Shbobdb is.

Shbobdb posted:

Yes, she is a terror. Have you met 16 year old girls? Punishing her for acting age appropriate rather than trying to channel that energy into something more productive is going to backfire in a huge way.

I've met and taught 12, 14, and 15 year olds, many of them inner-city and yeah no actually that's called being lovely. Not being age appropriate lol.
You have no idea even slightly of what you're talking about and should probably stop acting like you do.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pinecone Sample posted:

WIBTA if I told my sister her son was caught smoking weed?

Kid is lovely, calling in favors without warning that his friends don't have the advantages of, and then continuing to expect the full benefits of that. Having a cop in the family doesn't get you out of answering to your parents

ACAB but at least this one has something resembling principles so good on them. I'd be curious to see if he extends those principles to his fellow officers and not just vulnerable children.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for ignoring a couple after they ate all our Bananas?

quote:

My (29F) partner (30M) and I recently purchased our first home and decided to commemorate with a housewarming party.

Scrolling through Facebook I decided to invite an old friend, Jane, who I hadn't seen in years but had recently reconnected with on Instagram.

She showed up with her "friend" Joe, which yeah sure that is fine. I did say bring whoever, the more the merrier.

From the outset they were both being very full on. I assumed it was a combination of nerves, not knowing many people, and feeling a bit awkward.

They proceeded to drink a lot quite quickly, Joe cut his hand on a knife in the kitchen "playing a knife game." I suggest they move to the living room.

Happy with them out of the kitchen, I went about checking in on everyone, putting out snacks, and generally being a good host.

When I checked in again, Jane and Joe had taken some Bananas from the fruit bowl and said "sorry, we are eating your Bananas." I thought it was a little weird but thought, hey whatever, the other food obviously wasn't to their liking.

Edit: they did also eat some of the other food. But seemed more interested in the bananas.

Well the music was also obviously not to their liking, as Joe insisted on playing his own music loudly on his phone speakers.

Joe seemed ready to mingle but Jane was more interested in sucking face so I left them to themselves with their crackly phone music.

I was tidying some things up, and looked over to see if they were okay and they were sitting on the couch... EATING MORE BANANAS!

Filled with dread, I looked to the fruit bowl and sure enough... Banana-less.

I don't know what it was about them eating all the Bananas, but something snapped in my mind and I just thought "gently caress this" and went outside to sit with my other guests.

I didn't go and talk to them after that. They eventually popped their head out to say they were leaving. I gave them a kinda brusque "bye, thanks for coming."

After they left I was like "I can't believe they ate ALL my bananas!" Another guest called me on it saying it was a bit uncalled for.

At the time I was so filled with rage over the Bananas, but in the cold, sober light of day I wonder if the way I acted was a bit rude and rear end in a top hat-y.

Tl;Dr guests at a party ate all my bananas and I was frosty.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Grape posted:

I've met and taught 12, 14, and 15 year olds, many of them inner-city and yeah no actually that's called being lovely. Not being age appropriate lol.
You have no idea even slightly of what you're talking about and should probably stop acting like you do.

What does that have to do with teaching public school kids?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Self defense is never sociopathy.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Okay, bananas cost like a quarter, and they are not a proper name.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Shbobdb posted:

What does that have to do with teaching public school kids?

lol I have never been in a private school either as a student or teacher, but nice attempt at a credibility dodge.

Dazerbeams posted:

Self defense is never sociopathy.

Victim blaming bullshit, and "kids will be kids" nonsense from some mook who obviously doesn't work with those age cohorts are though.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is it ok to give a birthday present to a sex worker I visit

I (32M) have been visiting a sex worker (24?F) about once a fortnight for the last six months; I know how this must sound and I am very confused about the whole situation myself. I was in long term, and I thought, loving relationship; but my girlfriend (33F) was actually sleeping with my, well not my best friend, but a good friend and, it turns out, also had a thing for going to bars and loving in the toilets. I came out of this relationship pretty messed up and couldn't imagine trusting anyone again.

I get on well with women, not like a Romeo type but I am comfortable with female colleague, female friends and had a normal dating life before my long term relationship; after my troubles things got in my head, I was worried I'd start manipulating women or try to prove something to them about what happened with my girlfriend. In the end I decided to see a sex worker as that would be a "relationship" I could control. I tried to make sure it was someone who was happy with sex work, not someone forced into it.

"Trisha", the sex worker I visit, has a kid and is studying in college doing a masters in media studies, sex work allows her to earn money quickly at the weekend. I really enjoy visiting her, not just the sex, but she is fun to chat to and affectionate in her own way, kind of like a bar woman in a bar you go regularly, remembering stuff you told her, flirting a bit. I would like to show her I appreciate her but I don't want to make her think I don't understand there is nothing to our physical relationship beyond the commercial aspect. I know she has recently had a birthday and would like to buy her something, not something flashy like men buy sex workers as a sort of reward, more something small, say a book, like you'd buy a friend or colleague; would that make things weird between us.

TL;DR I visit a sex worker, we get on pretty well and I'd like to show that with a small gift, would that make things weird between us.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pinecone Sample posted:

That's my thought. It's a lot weird but, like, we conquers a bunch of countries so we can have cheap bananas. It would be an insult to the brave soldiers and natives who died for us to treat them as anything other than a really cheap consumable.

If they like bananas for breakfast, they can skip one day.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Grape posted:

lol I have never been in a private school either as a student or teacher, but nice attempt at a credibility dodge.

How incredibly posh of you. Though with the Brexit mess, I can understand why a Tory would hate bullies. The media is sooooo unfair.

Edit: Like, what the gently caress is wrong with you? You are fantasizing about punishing a 16 year old girl for being 16. That's seriously scary poo poo.

Shbobdb fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 11, 2019

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Shbobdb posted:

That's my thought. It's a lot weird but, like, we conquers a bunch of countries so we can have cheap bananas. It would be an insult to the brave soldiers and natives who died for us to treat them as anything other than a really cheap consumable.

If they like bananas for breakfast, they can skip one day.

Sometimes in the summer it's tricky to time your banana purchases so you have yellow ones for every day of the week but otherwise yeah

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Pinecone Sample posted:

Sometimes in the summer it's tricky to time your banana purchases so you have yellow ones for every day of the week but otherwise yeah

That's true. My daughter has been going through a big banana phase and that is a real challenge. Thankfully, she will eat green ones too so it all kinda works out.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Mordiceius posted:

I (32M) have been visiting a sex worker (24?F) about once a fortnight for the last six months; I know how this must sound and I am very confused about the whole situation myself. I was in long term, and I thought, loving relationship; but my girlfriend (33F) was actually sleeping with my, well not my best friend, but a good friend and, it turns out, also had a thing for going to bars and loving in the toilets. I came out of this relationship pretty messed up and couldn't imagine trusting anyone again.

I get on well with women, not like a Romeo type but I am comfortable with female colleague, female friends and had a normal dating life before my long term relationship; after my troubles things got in my head, I was worried I'd start manipulating women or try to prove something to them about what happened with my girlfriend. In the end I decided to see a sex worker as that would be a "relationship" I could control. I tried to make sure it was someone who was happy with sex work, not someone forced into it.

"Trisha", the sex worker I visit, has a kid and is studying in college doing a masters in media studies, sex work allows her to earn money quickly at the weekend. I really enjoy visiting her, not just the sex, but she is fun to chat to and affectionate in her own way, kind of like a bar woman in a bar you go regularly, remembering stuff you told her, flirting a bit. I would like to show her I appreciate her but I don't want to make her think I don't understand there is nothing to our physical relationship beyond the commercial aspect. I know she has recently had a birthday and would like to buy her something, not something flashy like men buy sex workers as a sort of reward, more something small, say a book, like you'd buy a friend or colleague; would that make things weird between us.

TL;DR I visit a sex worker, we get on pretty well and I'd like to show that with a small gift, would that make things weird between us.

Just leave a cash tip, shows appreciation without getting too perosnal

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for throwing my roommates loofa off a cliff?

quote:

I go to a military college and I have three roommates that have stayed together since freshman year. We all get along pretty well and we’ve never really had any serious problems with each other.

This year, one of my roommates came back to school with a loofa. This itself is not a big deal, the problem happens in the morning.

He showers at night and leaves his loofa hanging outside to dry overnight, but sometimes, in the morning, he doesn’t move the loofa back inside. This is an issue because either myself or one of my roommates gets strikes for this and if you get too many strikes you have to march in a circle for an hour (stupid, I know, but that’s the way it be).

This morning, he left his loofa outside and my roommate got the strikes for it and has to do the circle marching for two hours because of what happened. He keeps saying that he’ll stop leaving it outside but this happens almost daily.

Me and my other two roommates agreed that this was too much so we took his loofa and threw it off a cliff that’s outside our window. Loofa-boy is pissed and thinks we’re all assholes.

TLDR; One of my roommates keeps getting the rest of us in trouble by leaving his loofa where it shouldn’t be, so we threw it off a cliff.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for throwing my roommates loofa off a cliff?

Pop culture has taught me that doing something that results in collective punishment at military training gets you beaten half to death with socks full of soap, so I'd say loofa guy got off lightly

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Pinecone Sample posted:

but what if i apply some wild assumptions to this story and say that it takes place in Australia in 2005 after a hurricane destroyed our banana stocks and they went up to $15 each, huh? what would you say then!!

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

quote:

say a book, like you'd buy a friend or colleague; would that make things weird between us.

If giving the sex worker you frequent a copy of Dune is wrong then I don't wanna be right.

Just make sure you leave a personalized message in the front cover so whoever buys the book when it ends up at Goodwill can have a good laugh.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
I want to say two things. Firstly:

Pinecone Sample posted:

My boyfriend [21M] of 3 years has suddenly decided that he is religious and is going to church. I feel blindsided and my [23F] attraction to him is suffering.

... I identify better with science, karma and the whole "you are the one to write your own destiny" kind of thing...

If you believe in karma surely you can't believe that you make your own destiny? By definition some force in the universe seeks to rebalance moral and immoral actions with a system of karma.

If I want my destiny to be the fact I'm a ruthless billionaire who got there on the shoulders of the poor and stupid morons who make up the vast majority of my country, live a long happy and healthy life of carefree guilt because gently caress those xenophobic small minded pricks... I can't because of karma.

It's like I had a friend who insisted she both believed in fate but also our choices held meaning. I tried explaining if you believe in fate then ultimately our choices cannot hold meaning as we were fated to make them, to which she explained fate only mattered for some choices.

I don't really think the idea of our destiny is fully in our hands is compatible with ideas like fate/karma.

The second thing I wanted to say is totally ignore that other dude cocaine is 100% a hard drug in the UK.

I grew up in a rough area in the UK and went to a rough school. Cocaine was a drug some of my friends did but they pretty much only did it at 18 when they were mixing it with drinking. I was drinking alcohol at 15, got into fights at school, gently caress looking back I probably was seen as a bully to some kids. If I got caught with cocaine though it would be a Big Deal.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Most americans interpret Karma as a thing that happens in this life, as a direct reaction to your actions taken, almost neutral but inevitable punishments for bad behavior or an eventual reward for being good. For many if not most there is at best a small bit of supernatural or spiritual component to it, its basically just a fancy "just world fallacy". I highly doubt she believes in actual, dogmatic Karma

Barudak fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 11, 2019

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Why even post in this thread if I can't pretend to be a socially tone-deaf pedant?

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Dazerbeams posted:

Unfortunately this doesn't really work anymore... A lot of the "zero tolerance" rules just exist to punish the kids that stands up for themselves, since they don't make a difference between the bully and the victim. "They were both fighting"

It's bullshit and makes things even worse :(

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Miserable Maid posted:

Unfortunately this doesn't really work anymore... A lot of the "zero tolerance" rules just exist to punish the kids that stands up for themselves, since they don't make a difference between the bully and the victim. "They were both fighting"

It's bullshit and makes things even worse :(

Probably we should be teaching our children to be Dexter-style serial killers instead

no body no crime, Timmy

no body, no crime

I'm sure this will have no long-term negative societal effects

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

“bullied girls should hit the gym instead of crying” is some classic-rear end e/n posting, keep it up

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
The well-deserved punch in the face should be legal in all 50 states, U.S. Territories, and the District of Columbia. All complaints, civil and criminal, would be decided by a Worldstar "Had it comin'?" poll. No handicapping cops either.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Clitch posted:

The well-deserved punch in the face should be legal in all 50 states, U.S. Territories, and the District of Columbia. All complaints, civil and criminal, would be decided by a Worldstar "Had it comin'?" poll. No handicapping cops either.

I disagree. Almost all cops need to be handicapped.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Clitch posted:

Why even post in this thread if I can't pretend to be a socially tone-deaf pedant?

Not an emptyquote.

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Shbobdb posted:

Kids are still kids even if they are smart so poor impulse control is to be expected. Punishing her for being better than her peers is just going to breed resentment. That's how you end up with a pregnant burnout.

Like, weren't you getting high, drunk and laid at 16? This is all normal stuff only unlike most goons shes got an EQ to match her IQ so she can dominate socially as well as academically.

Making her more bored isn't going to improve her behavior.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Girls will be girls! Affluenza is definitely a legitimate defense.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"We can't possibly have the child being a poo poo face consequences for being a poo poo! This will only lead to them being a poo poo!"
Go away, holy gently caress.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

My (43F) now ex-Boyfriend (45M) has had a mistress for 9 years

quote:

I don't even know where to begin. Five months ago a man I went to college with over 20 years ago contacted me over social media. We actually have several common acquaintances. I hike mountains, and he had just begun hiking mountains. He commented on all my posts and started sending me private messages. He asked to call me. First thing he did was ask me if I was single, which I am. He then asked me out to dinner. I was actually happy because typically men just text or are not direct. He was very direct, and made everything clear. We went out to dinner and it was great. We did not kiss. He is on the road for his job. He does hospitality construction, so is on job sites all over the country, and comes back "home" for 3-4 day weekends every 3 weeks. He sometimes gets to stay home for a few weeks at a time. He said he had been divorced for over 2 years, and separated for 4. He said he had tried dating 2 women over a year ago, but was not ready, but now he is, and he had always been attracted to me. I was hesitant to start a long-distance relationship, but he said he had every intention of coming off the road by the end of the year. He would still have to travel, but would be home more than away, and would be home every weekend.

Things seemed wonderful. He called at least twice a day, every single night before I went to bed. He texted throughout the day. If I said I had a meeting at work, he asked how it went. He was attentive, caring, and supportive. He would look things up on the internet or social media and send me links or posts. I did notice that anytime I looked on my FB or IG, he appeared to be on it, and that did concern me, but he was so attentive I did not worry about it. All women on his social media appeared married, except for 1 girl, but he did not like any of her things, and he was ALL OVER my social media, liking and commenting on everything. He told me he had a difficult childhood. He said that his wife was a narcissist and abusive towards him.

A month after our first dinner date goes by and everything seems great. He had already told some of our mutual acquaintances that we were dating. We spend a 3 day weekend together and become intimate like teenagers. At the end of that weekend, he told me that he had stepped out of his marriage. I felt deceived that he has waited until now to tell me. He said he had an affair towards the end of his marriage that lasted a year, so between 4-5 years ago. He said it was mostly emotional, and he had only been with her half a dozen times. He was going to leave his wife for his new love, and told her, as they were getting ready to move across the country that he was staying and going to be with his new love. They decided to work on their marriage, he sort of moved, but was on the road and only saw his wife every 3 weeks. Therapy did not work, and they got divorced. He told me that he had nothing to do with the other woman once he decided to work on his marriage, and that she was with someone else and they were trying to have a baby. He begged me to give us a chance and to prove to me that he is not that man anymore and he can be trusted. He goes back to work, but sends me gifts, and I decide to proceed forward.

However, at this point, I become hyper vigilant. AND I start having trust issues. This does lead to some arguments, but he said that he understood. Three weeks later and we spend another 3 days together. Everything seems fine. He returned to work, and one night I noticed that he had started liking all of the posts on this one woman's page, and she posted ALL the time, multiple times a day. There was no previous attention to her, but he still remained attentive to me. I did not get that upset until he returned home for an extended period. He now was quiet during the day when I was at work. The girl who he is so attentive to is in a similar field as mine, and he told me that he had a friend in the same field, so I asked him which hospital his friend worked at. He said he did not know. She posts all over her IG exactly where she works, so he lied to my face. He was still supportive of me, and still spending his entire weekend with me and when we were together, he was definitely present and barely paid attention to his phone, but during the week he was distant. I then started asking more and more questions, and finally got him to confess that the girl in question is the woman he had an affair with, but they experienced similar childhood traumas and are just friends now. They considered getting together last year, but decided they caused too much pain to be together. He has tagged me on social media, so she knows about me. I asked him to see their conversations, and he sent me some screenshots - they have nearly daily communication, but it seemed mundane. He begged and cried, said he was sorry that he should have told me, but he still wanted to be in my life. I moved all my stuff out of his apartment. A few days later he comes to me and we spend time together. He said he hoped I could forgive him over time and we could get back to my stuff filling up his bathroom. I said we could take it one day at a time, but he needed to go to therapy and deal with why this woman is still in his life and he should not be connected with her. He agreed. The following week I asked how his therapy was, and he said he discussed work issues. So, I kicked him to the curb. He insisted he had stopped liking all of the girl's posts, so he didn't see what the problem was. I told him he clearly still wants her in his life, so I'm out.

Several days go by, and I see he goes back to liking all of her stuff and she starts liking all of his back. I could just tell something was going on. None of his stories regarding his ex made any sense. His relationship with this girl made no sense - she is 12 years younger. So, I did the one crazy thing a woman should NEVER do, and I contacted the ex wife. So, the ex wife told me so many things that my heart just breaks, but her version makes sense. Her ex husband and this other woman have been on and off for 9 YEARS. She did not know until after she moved across the country and the mistress contacted her to see if they had filed for divorce yet, and she had no idea what was going on. Her husband begged her for forgiveness and promised to try hard. She went through his phone, and found several other women he was sleeping around with - they were all married women on job sites. The mistress was aware of the other women, and accepts the man as he is. He promised to change to the wife, they went through therapy, but he kept "slipping." He said in therapy that he tells his mistress about the other women so that she steps up her game. When she posts waterfalls on IG he says that is a sign he is supposed to be with her and not his wife. On social media the mistress posts trips to the city where his job site happens to be, when he was working on his marriage. Their text messages are pornographic in nature - the would have their trysts in parking lots, parking garages, parks, by waterfalls. Their language was foul. He's like a completely different person. He is sweet and nice to me and his ex wife, and treats the mistress and flings like they are trash. However, he wrote a book to his mistress about how much he loves her and how his wife is evil, promised to publish it and buy her a ring and move her to Florida.

I feel like I got hit by a train. I have no idea who this person is. I mean I told him that I was out, and shortly after he and his mistress block me on all social media. Both of them did. I realize they got away with whatever they were doing for 7 years when he was married, and less than 3 months with me, but still...I just can't get my head around it. WHAT IS THIS???? WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE DO THIS TO OTHERS????? The ex wife said that they always do this, every few months they block each other and stop talking, but then get back together. This man said he was hoping we could build a future together, but how when he has another woman who is ALWAYS THERE??? Can someone please explain this to me? Are there no nice men out there? This man comes off as being the best man ever, except for the lies and deception. I was introduced to family and friends, but his mistress of 9 years never has been. I'm just so confused. I thought I had had some bad dating experiences, but this one takes the cake.

I'm just so upset and so...lost. I want to tell our mutual acquaintances that he is a monster, because all he does is tell everyone that his ex wife was abusive. The week that she found out about the mistress, he sent her the most loving love letter. I recognize the handwriting since he has sent me one as well, as well as the mistress who posts these things on social media, but never tags him so you don't know who she is talking about. A man who wants out of his marriage does not send love letters. The only harsh words he has are when his ex wife, and now me, say we want nothing to do with the lies and cheating. He supposedly cheated before he went on the road, but being on the road makes it so much easier. I just put Snapchat on my phone and sure enough, he comes up in my contacts. Who would he be snapchatting? Same with WhatApp.

Any advice on how to deal with this? Do I tell our mutual friends that he has a mistress? Did he want me to be his public girl while he continued to screw everything in sight behind my back? Please help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

AITA for masturbating at a 5-day men’s retreat for church?

quote:

Just what the title says — throwaway because this is embarrassing. I (20M) am not a religious person, but my parents are. I respect their belief, but lately they have wanted me to be more involved in their church. I’m living with them for now, and so I try to live and let live.

Anyway, they signed me up for a five-day men’s Christian retreat, and it was last week. It wasn’t very well attended (obviously, most people can’t just not go to work for five days), and we were staying in a lodge. One of the themes of the retreat was sexual immoralities, like fapping and watching porn and stuff. I didn’t agree with that message but I tried to be polite.

I usually pull one out most evenings. And I continued that routine while on the retreat, I just did it in the bathroom while everybody was asleep. Anyway, I made a joke about it to my roommate for the trip, and he was totally disgusting. He said that my actions were against god, perverted, and “trading short term pleasures for real biblical intimacy” with my future wife.

AITA? Should I have refrained because it was a Christian retreat?

Edit to fix typo and to add that this is not a shitpost. I know it’s a funny situation, but I wanted to know if I was out of line. For those who asked why i didn’t refuse to go, I don’t currently have the money to move out, so I’m trying to keep my parents happy.